Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your most memorable holiday experience?

Reecejackox

Hoilday as in vacation  if you are in america.

the first two that come to mind for me are

losing my wallet in Brighton , just disappeared with out trace or seeing my dad hit a golf ball into the middle of the road in france

Two things come to mind:

When I was in the Seychelles with a friend of mine, we took a public bus, in the night, back to the hotel. One guy, who was sitting in the back of the bus talking very loud but I couldn't understand him. Then the bus stopped in the middle of the road, the bus driver walked to that guy and beat him up:wau:. Then the bus just continued like nothing happened and that guy just stayed in the bus. Very weird experience, I still don't understand what happened.

Second thing: We were just flying home from Kos (an island in Greece) and we had to make an emergency landing in Athens. It was very weird to experience, I'll never forget.

• Brohoof 2

I suppose my last vacation since the memories are fresher. It was a trip to Leavenworth WA, beautiful german inspired town hidden in the cascades. We were there near Christmas so there was snow and I went to all of the shops and played tourists. And we stayed in a cabin rather than a hotel/inn. It was a great time.

First thought that actually came to mind though was my trip to Yellowstone National Park where my aunt made the first chili I've ever enjoyed and it had hotdogs in it and she made these sweet biscuits out of pancake mix. Along the way we stopped in Butte Montana and we're pretty sure that we tracked down the house that my grandfather was born in.

The first time I went to Disneyland when I was little. I had never been on a roller coaster before and my dad took me to ride the Matterhorn. It's pretty tame by most roller coaster standards, but to a little girl staring down that big, imposing mountain, it was a major life experience. In sat in front of my dad with his arm wrapped around me, and I was so scared that (without realizing it) I dug my fingernails into his arm, deeply enough to leave four little scars there to this day. 

So I guess it was memorable for him too. :mlp_please:

Edited by Dreambiscuit

Going fishing up in Minocqua. Everyone was on the boat ready to go, except my Grandmother. We decided to leave her, as she was walking on the dock, so she tried to do a jump onto the boat, but fell short and into the lake. She managed to get onto the boat, but lost a flip flop in the bottom of the lake (Which we eventually found later on in the week). We poked fun at her after the event and still do to this day and she still laughs about it every time.

I never really had vacations where I actually went anywhere interesting until earlier this year, when my cousin took me with her to Disney World. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, but damn, it was cool. 

Edited by Narcissus

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The time my mom thought she lost her wedding ring in this dumpy hotel we were staying at in Chattanooga, TN.

It was 4 in the morning and I remember we had to leave (we were on a road trip from Florida going up to see family in Illinois) We turned the entire hotel room upside down trying to find her ring. We scooted one of the dressers away from the wall in the hopes that maybe her ring fell back behind it. Lo and behold, there was the ring, on the floor....and about a dozen old chicken wing bones too. (Not from us.) :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Probably the time when I was on vacation and half of the hotel I was in was soaked due to a leak somewhere on a top floor, it literally flooded the bathroom with water and soaked the carpet flooring in most other rooms. Me and my family had to move to another hotel room. It was an interesting experience, and annoying because we had to move everything again and we just got there a day or two ago.

The first thing that comes to mind is when my family and I went to Michigan to ski for Christmas. It was a great weekend!