Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Speculation on What Season 9 (The Last Season?) of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Will Be Like:

Speculations based on leaked information! Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

1st Speculation: How Grogar will be introduced. 

Well, I believe we will be introduced to him around or at the end of the Season 9 premiere, and find out that he is responsible for Sombra’s return.  Also, as I speculated before, we may (throughout the season) find out that he was responsible for the dark magic (Nightmare, Pony of Shadows, etc..) being in Equestria.

I also feel that with him being hyped up as the baddest of the bad in the series, that the Mane 6/7 will have to gain some kind of power (similar to Season 4) to fight him.

2nd Speculation:  Like the Pillars in Season 7, Gusty and Her Unicorn Warriors will turn out to be real, and that power that I said the Mane 6/7 will need to gain to fight Grogar, well that power will be identical to the Power of Gusty and Her Unicorn Warriors.

However, the major difference will be, that when the Mane 6/7 use that power, it will temporarily turn them into Alicorns to fight Grogar, with Twilight (already an Alicorn) growing to Celestia size in the process.

3rd Speculation:  Romance will finally be centered on members of the Mane 6/7 and Spike.

What I mean by this, is that a number of MLP Ships may finally happen.

1st ship: Rarity x Spike, now should they go down this route and finally make this ship a reality, they could do it in a very subtle way.  Meaning, that they could use an episode to make it official, but have done in a way, so that when the next episode comes around, it be like it never happened, but you’ll know it did.

2nd ship: Starlight x Sunburst.  Now should they finally test this ship, it could really be interesting to see how they set it up, so that their friendship grows into something more throughout the season, till finally we get to the episode where the romance between the two finally happens.

3rd Ship: That would be Spike and AppleJack, that is if the writers want to take their little teasing joke from the MLP SDCC 2018 panel seriously and make it a reality.

I mean if you ask some fans, they will say that there is plenty of evidence on the show to make it happen.

4th ship: Once again, this one has Spike as part of it, but this is one no one has thought of yet, you ready for this: Spike x Autumn Blaze. 

Think about it, this character is already gaining a fanbase, and she hasn’t even officially debut yet.

And knowing how this show works, they are probably already planning to bring her back in Season 9, and should they do that, I think an eventual meeting with Spike is very likely to happen.

I mean the way I picture it, is Autumn Blaze comes to Ponyville to meet up with Fluttershy and AppleJack.  Now in the process, they introduce her to the rest of the Mane 6/7, which of course includes Twilight, thus Twilight introduces Spike who enters the picture, he and Autumn make eye contact, and you go from there.

Also, think of this way, Autumn is a Kirin (pony/dragon hybrid with antlers), and hey Spike could get the best of both worlds here.  And besides, some of you want him to be over Rarity, right?

4th Speculation:  Celestia will ascend to a higher plane and join the Alicorn’s (original guardians of Equestria) that came before to watch over Equestria in Spirit, and Twilight will be chosen to be her successor.

Or She will step down, and chose Twilight to be her successor, and then follow the same path her original mentor, Starswirl has been doing, and that’s travel across the world, helping other ponies and creatures along the way.

5th Speculation: The Mane 6/7 will pass down the Elements of Harmony to The Young/Student 6/5?, thus allowing them to move on with their lives, knowing Equestria’s future is in good hooves/hands.

6th and Final Speculation:  As I mentioned at the start, with Grogar being hyped as this big bad, basically the Thanos of MLP: FIM, what if like Thanos, in one last ditch effort to win, he pulls out a trump card by casting a magic spell that softly reboots/retcons everything, thus leading us in G5 (should it happen) on a cliffhanger, that would make you want to watch G5 when it premieres to see what happened or is the end result.

Now I wouldn’t put past the creative team to do this, especially if it gets the MLP Community to tune into G5 when it premieres (should it do so).

Anyway, those are just my speculations on what could happen/occur come Season 9 (should it be the last season of FIM).  But what do you think, do you agree with my speculations? What are yours? Let me and everyone else know. 😊

God Bless and Take Care.

Speculation on What Season 9.docx

If there will be an ultimate final villain in season 9 then I can imagine multiple storylines revolving about different groups. A storyline with the Mane 6, one with the Pillars, one possibly with the Student 6, one with the princesses and with the leaders of other kingdoms, all developing at the same time and merging together in the end where all species are united for one desperate and final showdown.

Edited by JH24

• The title was changed to Speculation on what Season 9 will be like

@bwrosas I condensed that topic title, since the entire show's title was unnecessary as The title originally included "Season 9 (the final season?) of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". This is the FiM forum after all ;)

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION

Please do not comment of staff actions in the topic, thank you. 

Here's my speculation, but some contained spoilers.

1. Grogar brings back King Sombra's spirit to try to take over Equestria by brainwashing all the ponies/creatures except for the Mane 6 who were immune to it. However, this causes all the Mane 6's friends to say hateful things to them because of being under Sombra/Grogar's influence. The Wonderbolts, Fluttershy's animal friends, the CMCs, the Student 6, Starlight... even Spike! Man, Spike being that way towards Twilight would be something BIG!

2. The Student 6 would graduate and become ambassadors for the each of the different kingdoms, but that means they would stay living in Ponyville together to increase relations!

3. Spike would finally end his crush on Rarity and move on!

3. The CMCs would graduate from school.

4. The Cake twins would physically grow a little.

5. Rainbow would become the new Wonderbolt Captain!

6. Spike and Starlight would be summoned by the map together (no idea where though)!

7. Trixie meeting her dad.

8. Scoots' aunts appearing and her parents!

9. Spike having an episode with his family after the events of Father Knows Best! If the dragon turns out fake, then he meets his real relatives!

10. Spike finding his destiny!

11. Big Mac and Sugar Belle get married!

12. The series finale special after season 9 would be a timejump, and everypony is separated doing their own things, so Twilight has to reunite her friends for one more battle to save Equestria!

13. Scorpan and Tirek would reunite! Star Swirl would appear in Scorpan's first episode!

14. More episodes being released early in other countries! :P

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Here's my speculation, but some contained spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Grogar brings back King Sombra's spirit to try to take over Equestria by brainwashing all the ponies/creatures except for the Mane 6 who were immune to it. However, this causes all the Mane 6's friends to say hateful things to them because of being under Sombra/Grogar's influence. The Wonderbolts, Fluttershy's animal friends, the CMCs, the Student 6, Starlight... even Spike! Man, Spike being that way towards Twilight would be something BIG!

2. The Student 6 would graduate and become ambassadors for the each of the different kingdoms, but that means they would stay living in Ponyville together to increase relations!

3. Spike would finally end his crush on Rarity and move on!

3. The CMCs would graduate from school.

4. The Cake twins would physically grow a little.

5. Rainbow would become the new Wonderbolt Captain!

6. Spike and Starlight would be summoned by the map together (no idea where though)!

7. Trixie meeting her dad.

8. Scoots' aunts appearing and her parents!

Hide contents

9. Spike having an episode with his family after the events of Father Knows Best! If the dragon turns out fake, then he meets his real relatives!

10. Spike finding his destiny!

11. Big Mac and Sugar Belle get married!

12. The series finale special after season 9 would be a timejump, and everypony is separated doing their own things, so Twilight has to reunite her friends for one more battle to save Equestria!

13. Scorpan and Tirek would reunite! Star Swirl would appear in Scorpan's first episode!

14. More episodes being released early in other countries! :P

I don't trust most of those things. I still want the students to interact with Fluttershy and Pinkie (EVERY other main character did that this season including Spike, Discord, Starlight, and now the CMCs will in the finale, but these two didn't).

And I know your Season 8 Bingo card mostly went against you.

By the way, I made my own Bingo card as well for Season 9:

https://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:FirePuppy/Tadashi's_MLP_Season_9_Bingo_Card

Furthermore, the staff of the show is trying to give the long-time main characters (Mane Six and Spike) as much appearances as possible.

Like in as of Season 7, some of us thought Starlight was gonna be the new main character, but it didn't happen.

Edited by FirePuppy

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I don't trust most of those things. I still want the students to interact with Fluttershy and Pinkie (EVERY other main character did that this season including Spike, Discord, Starlight, and now the CMCs will in the finale, but these two didn't).

And I know your Season 8 Bingo card mostly went against you.

By the way, I made my own Bingo card as well for Season 9:

https://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:FirePuppy/Tadashi's_MLP_Season_9_Bingo_Card

Furthermore, the staff of the show is trying to give the long-time main characters (Mane Six and Spike) as much appearances as possible.

Like in as of Season 7, some of us thought Starlight was gonna be the new main character, but it didn't happen.

I too made a bingo card, but it won't be released till the season is over cause it's subject to change! And this one I have more confidence on! ;)

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

I too made a bingo card, but it won't be released till the season is over cause it's subject to change! And this one I have more confidence on! ;)

Good luck, but I'm still gonna find it doubtful that the show's staff will make more Student Six episodes than all the main characters together. Like The Movie was the reason why the main characters didn't appear in enough episodes compared to other seasons, so I feel pretty confident about my Bingo card too.

Edited by FirePuppy

1 hour ago, H'rok said:

The 6th seems like an awfull Idea. Let G4 be G4 and G5 G5. And no romance please. Maybe only Sunburst and Starlight, or Soarin and Rainbow.

What about Big Mac and Sugar Belle? I'd love to see Applejack react to that.

6 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

What about Big Mac and Sugar Belle? I'd love to see Applejack react to that.

Totally forgot about them. They definitly should be together. Applejack as bride's maid, again.

I also don't want to see the Student Six graduate right away. Far as I know it, Twilight, Starlight, Spike, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow, Rarity, and even the Crusaders all got roles in episodes focusing on the School of Friendship (such as Horse Play, A Matter of Principals, Non-Compete Clause, and The End in Friend), but Fluttershy and Pinkie got nothing but junk. I'm pretty positive they'll both have to get something in Season 9 that has anything to do at all with that school. Fluttershy being voted by the students as the school's most popular teacher in Non-Compete Clause and Pinkie Pie briefly appearing on Molt Down is not enough.

Moreover, it's not very likely the show's staff is gonna classify the Student Six as new main characters because no official material or sources do not designate them as such. It's you fans who are treating them as main characters.

By the way, here's my suggestions for Season 9:

Hide contents

1 = Season premiere #1
2 = Season premiere #2
3-4 = Applejack episode
3-4 = Twilight Sparkle or Starlight Glimmer episode
5 = Special 200th episode
6-10 = Pinkie Pie/Cutie Mark Crusaders episode
6-10 = Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy episode #1
6-10 = Rarity or Fluttershy episode
6-10 = Twilight Sparkle or Starlight Glimmer episode
6-10 = Student Six episode #1
11-12 = Rarity/Spike or Starlight Glimmer/Spike episode (whichever works)
11-12 = Rainbow Dash episode
13-17 = Cutie Mark Crusaders episode
13-17 = Discord episode
13-17 = Student Six episode #2
13-17 = Twilight Sparkle episode
13-17 = Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy episode #2
18-22 = Rainbow Dash episode
18-22 = Trixie episode
18-22 = Spike episode
19-22 = Mane Six episode
21-22 = Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy episode
23-24 = Student Six or Cutie Mark Crusaders episode
23-24 = Applejack/Rarity episode (maybe one more wouldn't be so bad)
25 = Series finale #1
26 = Series finale #2

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:

I just want episodes focusing on ponies that aren't the Mane 6 because it hurts seeing them reduced to mockeries of themselves to push the moral of an episode

The show's staff wouldn't just write 26 episodes not focusing on any of the Mane Six. After all, the Mane Six is always intended to be the official main characters no matter what.

20 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

The show's staff wouldn't just write 26 episodes not focusing on any of the Mane Six. After all, the Mane Six is always intended to be the official main characters no matter what.

Then show them interacting with new characters and utilizing the gimmick introduced in the premier more than three times per season

It's child's play to do that without turning them into one-dimensional mockeries of themselves

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ironically - I'm a Sombra-fan, and I'm pessimistic about the idea:

1. All his worldbuilding (Princess Amore, Hope, the Umbrum, etc.) and development would be s***canned, and he'd be right back at the Generic Doomsday Villainy he was initially criticized for.

2. They'd likely just reduce him to Snoke-esque fodder to make Grogar look good, which would only anger a bunch of Sombra-fans and jade their first impression of Grogar.

If they go through with this (unless it's just a temporary pitch like his canceled cameo in Slice Of Life), it could be "Jake" Skywalker all over again.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 2

My speculation is that Season 9 will be like Season 8, except Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy will get more roles, Rainbow and Rarity get less, while all the other characters keep theirs.

Maybe one more Starlight/Trixie episode wouldn't be so bad, now that I see it, and the Student Six also need to interact with both Fluttershy and Pinkie, certainly unlike any of the others.

Applejack reacting to Big Mac and Sugar Belle's relationship would also be humorous. Pinkie Pie and the CMCs going to Yakyakistan to solve a friendship problem there would be fantastic. And don't forget about the 200th episode -- maybe that could be a birthday celebration episode!

• Brohoof 2

Its better not focusing on Student6 and school. I want to see the closure to Mane6, Discord and all other cast introduced in early season. At best you can use one episode for Student6 and Glimmer but for GODS sake don't waste this season on filler episodes about lessons to make Yona or Ocellus learn friendship lessons. No more Haber shenanigans and hijinks. Just end it with some grace.

30 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:

The 200th episode will probably be another “A Slice of Life”. An episode focusing on the background characters instead of the characters with actual character. 

I actually liked "Slice of Life", but I'm hoping that the 200th episode will be something more introspective. Something to show how far the character and the series have come.

5 minutes ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

I actually liked "Slice of Life", but I'm hoping that the 200th episode will be something more introspective. Something to show how far the character and the series have come.

As long as the Mane 6/Spike/Starlight play a big part, I’m down for anything. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I want to the PRINCESSES do something for once. The last time they actually helped was in Season 6 Ep 1-2. Not that I have anything against them, they just don’t do much. Btw I am a Luna fan so no hate.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, MidnightDawn said:

I want to the PRINCESSES do something for once. The last time they actually helped was in Season 6 Ep 1-2. Not that I have anything against them, they just don’t do much. Btw I am a Luna fan so no hate.

"Celestial Advice" and "A Royal Problem" would beg to differ.