Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

OOC:

It was night, sound of sirens could be heard as smoke rose to the sky in the distance, Jenna was running as fast as she could, holding her black backpack on one of her shoulders with one hand while holding her other hand against her side. She was injured and tired, and she was amazed she had gotten away with so little, after all she should have been dead after a fight with a Viper. She collapsed on her knees and breathed heavily, Damn this body, how can humans even live with pain tolerance this low, she couldn't continue too much longer, she needed to tend her wounds and rest, but she didn't have place to go.

Jenna wasn't what she seemed like at first glance, because though she looked and normally acted like any girl at her age, she wasn't just any girl, in fact, she wasn't even a human, she was a dragon, she was just disguised as a human. But she was nothing out of the ordinary, in fact, there was countless dragons living among humans, hiding in plain sight, and most of them belonged to a huge organization called Talon that had been established long time ago to save dragons from extinction in hands of The Order of St. George, organization of dragon hunters. But not everyone wanted to be part of Talon, and Jenna was one of them, but Talon didn't like those who didn't follow their rules, thus Jenna had just had her first encounter with a Viper. Vipers were what Talon called their assassins, they skilled killers who were feared by every dragon and human who knew about them, and it was pure luck that Jenna had survived the encounter with relatively small injuries.

Jenna looked around here, there was no abandoned buildings around, but she would need to find a hiding place, she scanned through the area and noticed that one of the houses had still lights on, she pushed herself up and started walking towards the house, I guess I have to rely on good ol' human kindness, I just need to make sure they don't call anyone. She stopped in front of the door and looked behind her to check nobody had followed her, she then turned back towards the door and rang the doorbell. She let her fear show on her face, knowing that it would help to persuade the human to let her in. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver was sitting in his room in the house, playing video games like he did every night. It was just another uneventful night, not doing much in terms of excitement.

That was until he heard the knock at the door. He paused the game and went downstairs to open up. "Yes?"

• Brohoof 1

He sounds young, maybe around my age. Good, makes this easier. Jenna thought to herself when she heard the voice from other side of the door, she replied with voice filled with fear "Can I come in?" "I'm in danger but can't go to police." she added bit of hopelessness to her tone "Please...I'm injured..." She almost surprised herself by how convincing she sounded, sure she was scared and maybe even slightly hopeless at the moment, but everything she showed outside was just an act, after all, she wasn't actually a human, so concept of emotion was different to her. 

(OOC:I wasn't sure if Oliver opened the door or not, so i hope I chose correctly by assuming he didn't yet)

• Brohoof 1

Oliver raised an eyebrow at first, but once heard that she was injured, he opened the door to take a look. She didn't seem armed, or that dangerous. Maybe she was telling the truth?

"Wow, you look rough," he muttered, and helped her inside to sit on the couch. "Do you need anything?"

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you." Jenna said with the sweetest tone she managed as she flinched from pain sitting down on the couch "I could use a little bit of water if possible." In truth she didn't need anything else than place to rest until morning, but she knew that she needed to win the human's trust before asking that. She took her backpack off of her back and opened it, she spoke with scared tone "I thought nobody would let me in." she took out a first aid kit "You might just have saved my life. " she took off her jacket and pulled her shirts up enough to reveal several deep wounds on her side, they looked almost like claw marks, but they were too big to be made by any animal. Jenna then started bandaging the wounds, and though they weren't as bad as they looked, it still hurt a lot, and it was clear from her expressions.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver went to the kitchen and filled a glass with water, and he got back in time to see the large gashes on Jenna's side.

"Holy--!" he muttered, nearly dropping the glass. "How did that happen? Looks far too big for a normal animal!"

• Brohoof 1

Sharp observation human, I'm surprised he could tell that they are claw marks....that may complicate things. "It's not made by animal." Jenna simply lied "The lunatic who did this had built her own weapon." her tone had less fear in it now, but it made it clear that she was in pain, and it wasn't even intentional, human body just was lot weaker than her actual form, "Luckily this was the worst of the hits." She needed to focus on her words from now on, it was clear that this human wasn't as stupid as she had hoped, so she had to make sure she didn't contradict herself.

• Brohoof 1

"Woah, you're lucky you got away then," Oliver muttered, seeming to believe the story. He passed the water to her and sat in a chair to give her space on the couch. "Why would someone do something like that? What'd you do to them?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna finished bandaging the wounds and pulled her shirts back down before she took the glass from the human. "I can't really tell too much without putting you into a danger." she explained, she needed to be honest to certain extend for more believeable story "But I used to be part of powerful group, and they didn't like it when I decided to leave." it was more complicated than that, but that was all Jenna was ready to tell. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver didn't like the sound of that. What had this girl done that was so bad just telling him would endanger him?

"What kind of group?" he asked. "I mean, if they're going to do something like that to you..."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"An cult like organization that has its claws everywhere."Jenna said "That's all I can tell you." she stuffed the first aid kit back to her backpack, and looked around her, searching for something "and what they did to me?" she saw what she was searching for, she got up to pick up the TV remote "This wound is nothing." She turned the TV on news channel, there was report about huge fire that raged in warehouse some blocks away from them, flames reached several meters in the air above the building  "I hid in that building." "This is what they are capable of, and nobody will ever know what really happened." she collapsed back down on the couch and sighed with a sad tone "That's part of the reason why I can't go to a police."

Edited by Simply Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned at the lack of information, and he looked at the TV, eyes widened at the news story. His head swiveled to look at Jenna at her comment, jaw dropping. "They set a building on fire to get to you?!"

He began to worry, mostly for if these people found out he was helping her.

• Brohoof 1

not exactly "Yes." "But don't worry about that." Jenna assured "They won't burn your house if they find me, until of course they buy it from you first but they won't since they know I would know what's going on." "More likely outcome would be that they sneak in and slit my throat while I sleep." though there was still the act of fear in her tone, she sounded oddly casual about what she said "You are safe as long as they don't think you know something you shouldn't." Human manipulation was something every dragon in Talon knew to certain extend, so they know that Jenna can manipulate humans to help her, just like they do to their servants, so even though they don't really care if few humans die, they wouldn't do anything that could get the attention of The Order of St. George just because human helped her. 

• Brohoof 1

The alternative didn't make Oliver feel much better. Especially at the idea of knowing something he shouldn't.

"I wish I had any kind of idea what was happening," he muttered. "I'd like to be able to help, but this all seems really sketchy."

• Brohoof 1

"It is sketchy." Jenna admitted "That's the point." "Organization that doesn't exist making people they disagree with disappear." she sighed "I really wish I could tell you more, but I want avoid any outside victims if possible." she laid back on the couch and looked towards the ceiling "But if you're willing to help, I could use a place to hide until I'm fully recovered, it shouldn't take long." Dragons healed lot quicker than humans, so even though the wound looked like it would take a lot over a week to heal, it would be fully gone in few days. "But if you can't do that, I would be aright with just having a place to stay the night, I would be gone before you wake up."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver still didn't feel much better about this arrangement, but he supposed if this girl could keep quiet and discrete, then there shouldn't be much harm.

"I guess it's alright if you stay," he agreed nervously. "Just... be careful."

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you so much" Jenna thanked, it was probably the most sincere thing she had said today "I promise I won't cause any trouble, and if I suspect that I'm being tracked, I'll disappear before any harm can come to your way." Sadly she couldn't necessary keep her promise if she was found, but she would do her best to keep it. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, still feeling uneasy but something about her words helped him relax a little. "Well, make yourself at home then."

He blinked as he just realised something. "Oh, I'm Oliver by the way."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, of course, I'm Jenna, nice to meet you Oliver." Jenna replied, sounding like her too had just realized that introductions were a thing that existed "I'm sorry we had to meet like this....and I'm very thankful for your hospitality." her tone was almost formal sounding, and though most of the emotion she had shown today had been an act, she was truly grateful for Oliver for helping her, if only he knew what she truly was. She continued with more careful tone "So...um... Do you live alone?" "I mean, does anyone else mind me being here?" she probably should have asked it first but she needed to know if there was anyone she should be worried about.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly. She at least had a nice name, but he wasn't expecting her to sound so formal. Especially after what she'd gone through.

He shook his head. "Nah, it's just me here. Gets a little lonely sometimes, so it's nice to have company." He added with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

Good, Jenna thought to herself, less people know about me, the better "I can believe that." she replied with a smile and rested her hands on the couch's back "I have been hiding for little over a month now, so I know a bit about loneliness." it was true, because even though dragons were loners by nature, for some reason Jenna had felt very lonely the whole time she had been a rogue, that's what Talon called dragons outside the organization, maybe she missed the human friends she had managed to make during her infiltration training, she wasn't sure, but nonetheless it wasn't a nice feeling. 

She realized she probably should drive the conversation about her to more general things so she wouldn't say anything she shouldn't, "So, what do you usually do?" "Being alone and all." "How do you kill time?" she wanted to know if Oliver had a job or hobbies that he would go to during to day, as it would effect to what she could do while under his roof, and also when would be best time for Talon to attack if they find her.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged. "I work at a store nearby, but at home I just either read or play video games. Nothing that special."

He looked into Jenna's eyes. "What about you? What do you do when you're alone? Got a job or anything?"

• Brohoof 1

So day-job, good to know,  Jenna thought to herself as she nodded to the answer, when Oliver returned the question, she quickly thought what to say, she returned the eye-contact briefly when she answered "Well...." she said slightly awkwardly  "...nothing really, I don't own anything I could use for entertainment, and work and hobbies are out of the question when someone wants you dead." she got slightly bothered by their eye contact, though it was mostly because for dragons it usually meant that they were challenging each other, and though she knew that it was normal thing to do for humans, her instincts didn't care about that, thus, if Oliver was focusing on Jenna's eyes more than one normally would in similar situation, he could be able to see a fraction of a second lasting change in her eyes, a flash of reptile inside Jenna feeling challenged by this human.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blinked. He could've sworn he just saw something in Jenna's eyes, but he wrote it off as just his imagination playing tricks on him from all that was going on.

"Well, uh, make yourself at home then," he said. "I got plenty of stuff you can entertain yourself with, hopefully."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna turned her eyes away before anything bad would happen "Thank you Oliver." she yawned "But I think It'd be better if I just rest for now, I'm pretty tired and it's late." she then took out a notebook and a pen from the backpack and started writing something on the notebook while she talked "Do you have guestroom or do I take over the couch?" she could have slept on a floor as far as she cared, but she wanted to make sure there wasn't a guestroom to avoid any unnecessary awkwardness that could come from her staying on the couch while there is actual bed available."Of course I don't mind sleeping on the couch but I don't want to take any unnecessary space."

• Brohoof 1