Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver sat down on the bed, trying to process all this information. This girl was really a dragon, and that was why people were after her?

"It's hard to believe," he admitted, "but something tells me you're being totally serious. I guess I can't ask you to go outside and show me; may as well just point a lot of flashing arrows toward you then."

• Brohoof 1

"Nope" Jenna replied with the same blank tone "Not only would that alert both factions after me, general public knowing we exist could bring apocalyptic scenario." "But if you happen to have a room with enough empty space, I can show it there, I'm not that big." "Otherwise.........you probably have lot of questions, and since you just opened this Pandora's box, there is no point in hiding anything from you."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shook his head. "That depends on how big you actually are. Dunno which room would be big enough otherwise."

He did have a lot of questions running through his head, but one stuck out. "Can you breathe fire?"

• Brohoof 1

"I don't know how to say exactly how big I am, but the smallest space I have been in is about the size of this room, but without all the stuff inside" Jenna explained.

She looked surprised by Oliver's question, and well, she was surprised, it was very curious that that was his first question, considering what he had just been told "Yes, we can, though it's slightly different than the fire you can make, as in, it is hotter and stickier."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded at the response. "Once we find somewhere big and secluded enough then." He still wasn't wholly convinced she was a proper dragon, but he had to make sure.

His eyes widened at Jenna's answer. "Stickier? So it's kinda like magma? Or lava?"

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly, then widened his eyes at Jenna's next comment. "Wait... so the warehouse burning down? That was you breathing... napalm on it?"

Half of him was terrified that such a dangerous person was in his house. The other half thought it was pretty awesome.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, yes and no." Jenna explained "It was the end result of two dragons combating, we breathe fire when we fight, you know, like dragons do in your fiction." "But in dragon vs dragon fight it's mostly for annoyance since we are fireproof." she kept a short pause "And it's not napalm really, napalm just is the closest thing you humans know to it." she could see Oliver's eyes widening, but she didn't think much about it, after all, this was a human who didn't know about existence of Talon and dragons until now.

• Brohoof 1

"I see," Oliver muttered, blinking and glancing around the room. He was trying to take all this in still.

"Wait," he said, then looked back into Jenna's eyes. "If dragons are fireproof, why were you breathing fire on each other? Wouldn't do either of you any good, would it?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, it's basically our equivalent of you throwing something like sand at the opponent in a fight, and lighting things on fire is basically our version of smoke grenade." Jenna explained "It doesn't do any damage but it interferes with their ability to see." "That and, well, only our skin and scales are fireproof, so if we have deep wounds the fire does burn them."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly, starting to get it. "Right, that makes sense."

The thought of two dragons fighting was admittedly pretty cool.

"So," he went on, "who was the other dragon you were fighting?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"I didn't know her personally." Jenna explained "She was Viper younger than me, they tried to pull my heartstrings to get me alive, females are important to Talon." she seemed to realize something "Oh, I forgot , you don't know what Viper is... basically they are Talon assassins, the attractive people in black fullbody suits." "They are highly trained and feared by everyone, human or dragon."

• Brohoof 1

"Whoa," Oliver muttered, feeling a chill down his body. "They sound serious, if dragons are afraid of them.

He began to wonder if Jenna had any scars from that attack, if her heartstrings were being targeted.

• Brohoof 1

"They are serious, and that brings me to why I'm hiding." Jenna agreed "That Viper was even younger than me, so that allowed me to win that fight, though like you saw when I came in yesterday, I didn't get out without a scratch." "So now that Talon knows that they can't get me using my emotions against me, they will no doubt send full-grown next to make sure that I get dealt with."

• Brohoof 1

"So age is important too, huh?" Oliver deduced, nodding slowly as he kept listening to Jenna. She'd definitely been through a lot lately.

"But as long as they don't know where you are, you'll be safe, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well, older is usually more experienced and skilled, that part isn't any different from humans." Jenna pointed out "But when it comes to use, it also determines our strength in our real forms, because older dragon is, bigger it is, and full grown dragon compared to me is at least three times bigger."

"Yes, but that's a thing, how long will it be until they find me again?" "They have both humans and dragons everywhere, so it's only matter of time when someone finds out either by seeing me, or noticing something suspicious." her stomach grumbled and she put her hand against it as she continued slightly quieter "Which increase in food consumption is good example of." she kept a short pause "Do you have anything with meat I could eat?" she had some in her own backpack, but they were meant for emergencies so she wanted to avoid eating them, "I can pay you if I need to".

• Brohoof 1

"I see," Oliver said with a nod. "So the older one is, the stronger it is. That makes sense."

He shook his head. "Nah, no need to pay met. There's some stuff in the fridge downstairs, you just have to heat it up."

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you." Jenna got up "A lot" she started walking toward downstairs "I have to say, you're quite interesting human, you were informed that you are risking yourself for a dragon in human form, yet your first question was if I can breathe fire." she exhaled amused "I find it slightly funny." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and smiled. He got up after Jenna, and blushed at her comment about his priorities regarding what she was.

"Well, you just said you're a dragon," he said. "I just had to know if it was true, y'know?"

• Brohoof 1

"I guess that makes sense to certain extend." Jenna admitted as she walked down the stairs, she hadn't noticed Oliver's blushing because she wasn't looking at his direction "I just expected you to either not believe me at all, or to get scared or something."

• Brohoof 1

"If I hadn't seen your eyes do that, I wouldn't have believed you," Oliver admitted, smiling awkwardly. "And yeah, I am kinda scared. For both of us."

He looked over his shoulder, then at Jenna as he followed. "But I'm sure we'll be okay."

• Brohoof 1

"Scared for us." "But are you scared of me?" Jenna asked, before continuing "And in this world only things sure are death and taxes." then she sighed "Look, I don't want to scare you, but you need to keep your guard up, we are talking about organisation with its own satellites and connections almost everywhere, they have eyes everywhere." "I'm really sorry for dragging you into this, and I mean it." she then reached the kitchen.

• Brohoof 1

"Well, you don't scare me," Oliver admitted. "I mean, you seem nice enough. Plus if you wanted to kill me, you probably would have by now."

He nodded and kept following. "I'll be discrete. Besides, who would actually believe me if I said I had a fire-breathing dragon in my house?"

• Brohoof 1

"Good point" Jenna replied "And who would believe you?..." "Well, Those searching for fire-breathing dragon in the city." nonchalantly pointed out as she walked to Oliver's fridge and started searching it for anything with meat in it.

• Brohoof 1

"Well still," Oliver said, feeling a little silly now, "would they actually believe you'd be around here?"

Inside the fridge were some microwaveable meals with meat in them. Should be plnty for her in there.

• Brohoof 1