Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

Jenna was noticeably taken by surprise when Oliver touched her hair, and after Oliver's latter comment, she had undecided expression on her face, though Oliver probably didn't see it since he was looking at the city "I know...and that's the weird part, I know you care and will care, and I care about you too, but at the same time, probably because of what my life have been until now, there's this feeling somewhere inside me that it shouldn't happen, that it should be stopped." "I don't know if it's caused my distrust of everything, by Talon teachings that have stuck, or by some kind of believe that I don't deserve it, but it's there."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, I personally believe you deserve to be cared about," Oliver assured her, looking at her with a smile for a moment. "I can tell that you have a good heart. You've just been through a tough time and done what you had to so you could survive."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna smiled "I appreciate the assurance." "But it will take some time before all of me believes it too, assuming that the lack of that believe is what causes the feeling and not any of the other reasons." she sighed "It's challenging when you don't know the cause of your own feelings." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah," Oliver agreed, "but you'll find out. You're wiser to your emotions and such than you seem to think."

He looked ahead at the city. "The belief will come to you on its own, and pretty soon too."

• Brohoof 1

"I hope you're right." Jenna simply responded "I don't need an emotional crisis on top of everything right now." they passed a sign that told there was only some miles left to drive, about half an hour time-wise "But hey, at least I have you to pick me up if I fall into pieces." she said it in joking manner, even though in a way it was true.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver smiled at Jenna for a moment, and gently stroked her hair affectionately. "Yeah, I'll be here for you if you need me, no matter what."

He knew that he'd need her a lot more than she'd need him, but it was good to be helpful.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna was again surprised by the hair stroke, she wasn't used to someone touching her in this context, usually it was either in hostile interactions or more intimate interactions, not in context of caring, with hair especially. "Thanks." it was really all she could come up with as response as she pushed all the negative thoughts away.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver smiled and kept driving. He had the feeling Jenna was having some trouble with how to react, so he thought to leave her alone for a while.

He drove closer to the city and hoped their destination wasn't too much trouble to find.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As they got closer to the city, Jenna took out a piece of paper with road names and other place names, and started looking at road signs and such. Eventually she spoke again "Go to the right from next one." 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver looked as Jenna fiddled with a piece of paper. He saw writing on it, but couldn't look long enough to make anything out. He nodded and took the next right as instructed.

"Directions?" he guessed.

• Brohoof 1

"Yes, though there isn't any actually directions here, they are just road names, addresses and things like that ." Jenna replied before looking at the paper gain and then outside "There should be a school somewhere on this road, when that comes, turn left after it." or at least she assumed there was, since the road they needed to turn to was named after a school.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and kept an eye out for a school. "They'll be around here somewhere for sure."

He eventually came to a school and took a left past it. "I think that was the place, I'm not really sure."

• Brohoof 1

"The street name matches." Jenna simply stated and started looking outside for signs again, they would continue on the road for some minutes when she pointed at a turn to left "Turn there next, after that there's one more turn." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and kept following Jenna's directions. He made turn after turn after turn as she instructed. He was almost surprised that she knew where to go, but that was probably because this source of hers was quite helpful.

Jenna again looked around reading signs, until after few minutes she  pointed towards a turn that had a sign 'postal office' "I'd say it's pretty safe assumption that you need to turn there." after the turn they would see the post-office almost right away.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver felt a wave of relief upon seeing the post office. He pulled into the closest parking space to the building and cut the engine. He sat back and looked at Jenna.

"Alright, here we are," he said. "What next?"

• Brohoof 1

"You wait here, I'll be right back." Jenna simply stated as she took out a ID card from her backpack, Oliver wouldn't have a chance to see any details from it, but if gave it a glance, he would be able notice that the name in it was clearly not Jenna, as it seemed to be lot longer, though Jenna was out of the car before he could say anything about it.

After no much longer than five minutes, Jenna would come out and got back into the car, this time she was carrying a package "Now, before I give you anything, we need to drive somewhere else, preferably a less populated place, but anywhere close by is fine, only thing that really matters is that we leave the range of any cameras around the post office." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver noticed the strange name, but Jenna was already gone before he could question her about it, so he just sat back and waited for her.

When she came back, he nodded and pulled th car out from the post office. "Alright, I'll find an alley or something."

• Brohoof 1

As they started driving, Jenna opened the package, there was a metal robot toy, which she broke apart, revealing a phone and a wallet. She waited until Oliver found a place to stop and then gave them to him "Here's a phone, it has my phone's number on it, don't go calling anywhere else with it." she gave him the phone "And in here there's several false IDs and a card to make your payments with, the amount of money there should match your old account." she gave him the wallet "Study the IDs well, you need to know their information from memory when you use them, I probably don't need to tell you why someone not knowing who they are is suspicious." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver took the phone and wallet. He frowned at all the secrecy, but if that was what it took, he'd have to cope.

"So what do I do if I have to call someone else?" he pointed out, looking over the IDs.

• Brohoof 1

"I don't see who you would need to call, but if you do need to call someone else, buy a prepaid or use a public phone, and make sure you are nowhere near to where ever we are staying." Jenna simply stated, taking out a tourist map of the city she had gotten from the post office and looking at it

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned at how complicated it would be to just order a pizza or something, but if that's what Jenna preferred.

"Alright," he said. "So we have these new IDs and stuff. What do we have to do now?"

• Brohoof 1

"We keep going, though we probably should stay put until tomorrow in case Talon has figured out enough to expect us to exit the city today." Jenna replied "So let's just drive around until we find any empty building, it's too risky to go to a hotel for now."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded and drove on, looking out for any such places to hide out in.

"Wouldn't they look in abandoned buildings?" he pointed out. "Especially if there's a car parked right beside one of them?"

• Brohoof 1

"We are not going to park near the place we choose." Jenna explained "And though you are right that they will look there, it is still the safest bet." "Because assuming they know the direction we went, they will easily get the lists of customers in hotels and such, and even with fake names they may be able to figure out who we were based on things like the timing of the reservation." "But for abandoned buildings, they have to send someone to each to figure out if there is someone, and that gives us the possibility to spot if they have found us." 

• Brohoof 1