Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

"No no, I'm okay," Oliver assured her. He wasn't lying, Jenna hadn't hurt him at all. "You just surprised me, that's all."

He was concerned about her sudden change in attitude, but he wasn't sure whether to ask what was wrong or not.

• Brohoof 1

"Good.." Jenna stated, clearly relieved she hadn't injured Oliver, she didn't talk much on their way to the hotel, in fact, if Oliver didn't say anything, she didn't say anything after checking she hadn't hurt him, until they reached the hotel elevator "I'm sorry for acting like this, I don't...I have a bad feeling about this, I...we need to talk" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver wasn't sure what to say on the way back to the hotel. He figured it would be best to give Jenna some alone time.

Until she said they had to talk. Of course he could tell it was serious. "Sure, what's up?"

• Brohoof 1

"In the room." Jenna said, gesturing at the elevator camera, when in the room, she made sure the door was locked and windows were blocked, it wouldn't be out of the question for there to be snipers if they were found "I...things.." she was nervous, but not only from the situation, it was almost like she was nervous to say what she wanted to, she paced around a bit before sitting down and holding her head, looking down "I'm sorry, I..I've lied to you about myself...I, not everything but...the lies kept building up...I didn't want to turn you against me...I..." "If this is what I think...I...I've put you in so much danger I..." all the confidence had melted away from her, it was weird to see almost, "I just didn't want to be alone anymore." while dragons didn't naturally cry, her human form had all the things one would expect from a human, and thus tears had started to flow from the emotional outburst she was going through. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver entered the room with Jenna and watched as she locked the door and closed the curtains. He was certain this was going to be important. Though, when she started talking, it was hard to make sense of.

"Slow down," he said. "What do you mean you lied to me?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna took several deep breaths to calm her speech a bit, this was new to her too as she had never before really felt guilt hit her like this, yes she had felt guilty after Oliver had gotten shot but that was for different reason.It took a while before she spoke "It's probably easier.. to start with what wasn't a lie..." "What I have told about Talon and the Order is true, things about my past... like that arcade game, that's true, the friends, true... but the timing I lied about." "I-I'm not just a random dragon who left a long while ago, I'm n-not a viper trainee who left in middle of training.." "I" she seemed genuinely scared to continue "I was a fully trained viper... that viper attack I escaped to your home from?... I was the viper, I murdered that innocent dragon... like several before her...that's why the other viper found me so quickly...They knew where my last mission was." while she managed to calm her talking enough to be understood, her crying still had an effect on it. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver's eyes widened as he learned the truth about Jenna. That she was a fully trained assassin who had hunted and killed innocent dragons before. He wasn't too sure what to say about it, but he could tell she was remorseful.

"Well, like you said, it's not like you knew any better," he tried.

• Brohoof 1

"But I did know." Jenna stated "I just followed orders for self-preservation, 'better them than me' I said to myself, and that was before I knew what my true fate would be." she kept her eyes towards the floor "But it's not what I did to them, it's what I did to you." "I lied to you, I put you in danger, I took away your normal life, all because I didn't want to be alone." "I knew it would happen, I'm a top target in Talon's eyes, I know things most rogues don't know." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver couldn't deny she was right. She had just shown up and basically dragged him away from his normal life. He wasn't sure why he was taking it so well either.

"Well, I can't really go back now," he said, shrugging. "So what do you know that other rogues don't?"

• Brohoof 1

"I mean, how do you think we have avoided them this long? I used to hunt Rogues, I know how its done, so I know how to avoid it." Jenna pointed out "But that's not really the important part, not why I just couldn't keep lying anymore." "This thing that's going on, the so called plane accident, I have some idea what it may be related to." "I don't know any details, as it was not in my area of responsibility, but I know Talon has been working on something, something to make Vipers...unnecessary, Vipers are ineffective, they take time and money to train and equip, yet they can only take one or two targets down at once." "And whatever is capable of destroying a village without leaving obvious evidence sound like a perfect replacement." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned, not liking what that was implying. Something that powerful would definitely be dangerous in the wrong hands.

"Yeah, whatever that things is, it'd be best if Talon didn't have it," he agreed. "So what are you trying to say?"

• Brohoof 1

Jenna finally raised her eyes from the floor and looked at Oliver with pained expression "I'm saying that in my selfishness I've doomed you." "I'm running out of solutions, and if this is truly what I worry it is, we are running out of time." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver knew Jenna was right in that she'd plucked him out of his normal life, but he couldn't feel too angry at her. He sighed and looked back into her eyes. "I understand," he said, "you were desperate and needed help from anyone. It just happened to be me. Plus, my life got a lot more exciting after you showed up. I've never been shot before, for one thing," he added jokingly.

He looked around again. "If you're who you say you were, then you should know their tactics and stuff, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"I do, as far as I needed to know them." Jenna stated "But if they have come up with something new, I'd have no idea." "It doesn't help I still haven't gotten a response to my message, that either means it's too risky to respond or that my contact has found something that requires looking in to, and both options are worrying." 

• Brohoof 1

"Well, either one means they'll have more information for you," Oliver pointed out, "so it's not all bad, right? And I'm sure you'll still recognise any dangers nearby, whether they're new methods or not."

• Brohoof 1

"Recognizing and countering threats are two different things." Jenna pointed out "If you are tied to a chair with gun pointed at you, you are well aware of the danger but can't exactly do anything about it." "I'm not worried that they manage to get me off guard, I'm worried that they brute force through it, wearing a bulletproof vest won't help when you get driven over by a tank." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, but you seem a lot stronger than you might think," Oliver said, smiling at her. "You're really tough, from what I've seen. They definitely won't take you without a fight. In fact, they'll likely not take you at all."

• Brohoof 1

"Depends on just how big of a threat they think I am." Jenna pointed out "They have pretty much endless resources when compared to us, the question isn't if they can win, the question is am I worth the effort." "That's why the whole time I've said that keeping hidden is the main thing, only way to win unbeatable enemy is to not fight." 

• Brohoof 1

"Keeping hidden in plain sight seems to be the best option for now," Oliver said, looking around him. "Even with how bold they are, I don't think they'd try an attack on such a public place full of bystanders."

• Brohoof 1

"That's what I'm waiting the answer for, if they are bold enough to do that now or not." Jenna stated "Remember that attack isn't necessarily a full blown assault, it could be a single sniper on the opposite building, a car sliding off the road and hitting us, things like that, Talon isn't like the order, they don't send a small army against everything." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, but since you know what tactics they'd use, you'd be able to pick up on any signs, right?" Oliver pointed out, trying to smile. "You'd know what they were going to do before they even did it themselves."

• Brohoof 1

"Only if they haven't come up with something new, as said." Jenna stated, repeating what had already been said "If they have figured out a new way to deal with their enemies, and it is something that a human can do, I don't have a sure way to spot it." her phone vibrated, a message, then another, several messages came back to back, she took the phone and started reading, she didn't say anything right away, but her eyes widened as she read forward.

• Brohoof 1

"I dunno if they'd have any reason to change their tactics, this might not be the first time something like this has happened to them," Oliver pointed out. He noticed Jenna's face as she read the message. "Good news or bad?"

• Brohoof 1

"Bad." Jenna stated "Firstly, it is confirmed, that was not a plane crash, we don't know what exactly it was, but Talon did something there, the village is gone, everyone there is dead." "Second, Talon declared war on the Eastern Dragons as they refused to join Talon, coincidentally, The Order has attacked several temples of said eastern dragons, in fact, The order has gotten lot more active in general, and it just so happens that most of the targets have been places where rogues have been hiding." "If I didn't know better, I'd think the order is trying to help Talon, it's more likely that Talon has managed to get someone in the Order, or is 'accidentally' leaking locations of their enemies." "Latter is more likely, but still bad." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned at the news, especially at the thought of Talon and The Order working together. "Why would they target the eastern dragons this badly? All just for refusing to join them?"

He bit his lip. "Though, maybe this means we'll have some more allies, right?"

• Brohoof 1