Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

"Can't wait," Oliver said flatly. None of this was sounding like a good idea to him, and he didn't like how Jenna kept shooting down his ideas to try and make things easier or even try to stop Talon, but there wasn't much else he could do. He was in this for as long as it took now.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna didn't notice Oliver's feelings, she was tired and the stress of the whole situation from her confession to what was going on had had its toll, and while she may have tried to act like it was not the case, she too was very....human, when it came to such things, and it didn't help that she had spend so long alone and had never formed a close relationship with anyone before. Oliver wasn't entirely blameless either though, as his submissiveness played a part, his lack of confidence in challenging Jenna had its consequences.

She lightened her clothing and climbed in the bed, though this time she kept on more than usual, most likely due to the bad feeling she mentioned, this was also mirrored by the fact that all her stuff was in a easy to grab pile close by, as if she was preparing just in case for quick exit.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver hadn't missed that his submissiveness was playing a part in all this. It seemed Jenna shot down every possible suggestion he had, and it was starting to wear on him. He would have to work harder to convince her to listen to him instead of always following her.

For the moment, he took his jacket off and laid on the couch, hoping to get some sleep before having to no doubt make another quick getaway."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna slightly glanced towards Oliver after he chose the couch, but she said nothing, she assumed it was due to her confession, and well, fair enough, he had taken it very well, but it wasn't like she could blame him for still wanting to keep a slight distance to think it through, she would have done the same, though she couldn't say it didn't hurt. Any other reasons didn't cross her mind because her head was too much of a mess to really think about it.

• Brohoof 1

In reality, Oliver simply wanted to give Jenna as much space as possible to get comfortable. But he couldn't help but feel a little irritated at the situation. Still, there wasn't much he could do about it. The best he could do was try harder to help.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna kinda just laid there for a while until eventually she could close her eyes, there was no interruptions at night, in fact, even in the morning everything was fine, though whenever Oliver would wake up, he'd find that Jenna wasn't in the room, her stuff still was, but she wasn't. Answer to where she was would be on the table, as there was a now slightly cold meal from the hotel's restaurant with a piece of paper that simply said, 'Eat up, I'm getting some fresh air -Jenna'.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver eventually woke up to find Jenna not in the room. He followed the smell of food and found the note. He read it and raised an eyebrow.

"Guess I'll catch up to her," he said, and decided to not let the food go to waste. When he finished, he got his stuff together and went to see if she was outside.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver would get far as Jenna was just coming back to the room, meeting him in the hallway just outside the door "Easy there, I didn't go far." she had thought about if she should have told him to wait in the note but had ultimately not written it "I just needed some air." she sounded slightly distant, and was in general very...neutral "Until of course you're going to get air too, in which case, be careful." she would then walk into the room, either after Oliver or around him depending on what he did. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked at Jenna and noted how distant she sounded, but he thought if he brought it up she'd just shoot it down again. So he simply didn't mention it.

"Just getting some air myself," he said, going around her.

• Brohoof 1

"Keep your eyes open." Jenna said before closing the door after herself, or well, the door closed itself, she just didn't stay to keep it open. 

There was nothing worth mentioning going on in the hotel or outside, everything was as one would expect in such a place, the weather was calm and there was no signs of incoming rain, all in all, everything seemed to be fine. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver stood outside the hotel and took a deep breath. He thought about how Jenna had essentially dragged him out of his home and put his life in danger. And the blood she put in him.

He put his hand on where he was shot long ago. Could that dragon blood have more effects than just faster healing?

• Brohoof 1

Jenna gathered her stuff but didn't leave the room yet, instead she paced around, her instincts were going crazy, while part of it was what was ultimately the first cracks in the relationship between her and Oliver, there was a deep feeling of something being wrong, the feeling of danger, yet everything seemed fine, there was no indication that they had been found, even the weather was great. She went into the bathroom and splashed cold water on her face, she had to calm down before going outside, she could feel her eyes breaking through the disguise again....was this what prey felt like? the constant feeling of dread? feeling of being hunted by unseen force?

She'd spend about ten to fifteen minutes in the bathroom, and if Oliver hadn't come back in, she too would head out, as their time with the room was starting to run out, and she'd head to the reception to book out. If Oliver did come back during that time, she'd tell him they needed to leave for previously stated reason and then proceed the same way. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver waited outside for a while, thinking about all that had happened. He had no special abilities to fight whatever these forces Jenna was going on about, and she shot down every suggestion he gave. He was wondering why he was even there. He considered just leaving, getting a bus home and forgetting about all this. But his conscience wouldn't let him. He kept thinking about that injured girl he opened the door to one night.

The girl who had dragged him into this mess and wouldn't let him out of it, or even help with it.

He saw her come outside and say it was time to leave, then he just followed after her. He was already carrying everything he had.

• Brohoof 1

Even after managing to calm down, Jenna couldn't get herself feel normal, if she would have had fur, it would have been standing up. "I'm sorry if I'm acting bit weird today." she said while leading the away from the hotel, she was trying to think what was the best way out of the city "I have this weird feeling I can't shake, like dread but more...instinctual, I've never felt it before." 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver followed her, not really seeing any reason to question where she was going. He felt like what he suggested would be shot down anyway.

Though, her tone of voice got his attention. "You feel like someone's here?"

• Brohoof 1

"Not quite, I know what that feels like and it's not...this."  Jenna said sounding slightly unsure "You know how animals can usually sense trouble before humans? how birds and such are the first to leave before a storm?" "I imagine this is what they feel when they do that." "Just this feeling of danger, I'd call it anxiety but even that wouldn't be fully accurate, it's something deeper than that." her body language mirrored her words, as she was very tense, and instead of her usual observant way of looking around constantly, she seemed to just want to get away. 

• Brohoof 1

"I guess that's why you want to move on," Oliver said, following after her. "So where are we going now? We have any transport?" He figured she had this all planned out as she always seemed to, so he didn't feel the need to suggest anything.

• Brohoof 1

"I...didn't actually plan that far." Jenna admitted "We need to get out of the city first, and the general direction we are aiming for is still east, the need to leave the country hasn't changed even if the situation has grown more worrisome" she thought for a moment, a transport that was faster than walking, didn't leave a trace and could bring them into a forest "freight train" bit of an cliche, but if it works, it works. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blinked in surprise. He wasn't expecting her to have not planned that far ahead, but it still sounded like she had a plan so he didn't object.

"Yeah, a freight train would work," he says. "If we can find one."

• Brohoof 1

"There was rails in..." she spun around thoughtfully before pointing in a direction "...that direction if I remember right, and the industrial area is probably....somewhere there." she again pointed at a direction "So logic dictates that the rail yard is there." she pointed in the direction between the previous directions. 

• Brohoof 1

"Makes sense," Oliver agreed, and he started following Jenna toward the rail yard. He still wasn't sure what help he was being just by being trailed along. If anything, he felt like he was just being a burden. But he'd feel bad if he left her to deal with it alone, and he wasn't sure why since she could take care of herself.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna lead the forward for a while, but suddenly, when they reached a point with some privacy, she turned to Oliver, speaking quietly "Before I forget, if something  does happen, I have a single flash-bang and a pistol in my backpack, take them and use them if necessary, and run, " "I don't want to scare you or anything such, but I want you to stay safe if something does happen." whatever the feeling was she had, it really affected her as the way she spoke was almost uncharacteristic for her, she wasn't determined or calm, she didn't seem like she had a plan, rather she was worried, maybe even scared, and all in all lot more...human, than usual.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nearly bumped into Jenna when she stopped so suddenly. He listened to what she said, and noted just how scared she looked. Like she didn't feel like she was in control. Suddenly he felt bad about getting frustrated--if this was how she felt with help, he could barely imagine how she'd act if she were alone.

"I'll take them," he said, "but I won't leave you to get hurt."

• Brohoof 1

"As long as you don't get yourself killed trying to help." Jenna stated in sad manner "Because as much as I'd like to encourage you, the reality is, if someone or something manages to take me down, there's not much you can do, for physical reasons, and in a way, mental too, because..." she looked Oliver in the eyes "...look into yourself and think, really think, can you really take a life? Can you pull the trigger and watch as the life drains from once sentient eyes?" she then turned to lead the way once more "You don't need to tell me the answer, but you need to ask the question from yourself and answer yourself honestly." "Are you truly ready to kill a fellow creature? Can you really carry the guilt of a killer?" "Or would you rather just run and hide, let me do the dirty work? I'm fine with the latter, I'm happy to keep you from becoming a monster, but ultimately, the decision is yours, but just know, once you draw the first blood, there's no going back."

She started quick-walking again, gently pulling Oliver along if he didn't follow otherwise, she wouldn't blame him, she had dropped a bombshell of a question on him after all. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver had to admit he really couldn't answer that. Self defence or not, could he really take a life? He wasn't sure he could, but if he had to...

"I hope it doesn't come to that," he finally said, letting Jenna pull him along. "But, why keep me around then? It just sounds like I'm holding you back. In fact, I am holding you back, getting shot and all. Sounds like you'd have an easier time without me."

• Brohoof 1