Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is Your Opinion on Fortnite?

EpicEnergy

Fortnite  

29 users have voted

1. 1. What is your overall view on Fortntie?

• I love Fortnite!
    • Fortnite sucks!
    • It's a great game.
    • Fortnite? Never played it.
    • PUBG is way better!

What do you think about Fortnite's microtransactions?

What are your thoughts on the attention and player base Fortnite has?

Is PUBG better?

Should Fortnite die, and is it dying?

What do you hate or love about Fortnite?

Feel free to talk about other aspects of this game as well, any opinions you have are welcome.

The Battle Royale game mode isn't what bothers most people. In many shooter games, it is just like any other gamemode. However, some games like Player Unknown's Battlegrounds and Fortnite have built their entire game around this game mode. Most "haters", myself included, don't hate the game because it is popular (especially among younger audiences, since it is readily accessible for them); rather, a lot of people, such as myself, dislike it because it is being shoved down our throats. If you can avoid Fortnite on the Internet, then you are a unicorn. I like Fortnite. I have never played it, I never will play it, and I never have and never will watch anyone else play it, because I am not interested in shooter games. I don't jump on the hate Fortnite bandwagon however, since I prefer doing things that actually affect me, and that actually bring me joy, such as playing another game.

Will Fortnite die soon? Most likely. The player base won't shoot down dramatically, but its popularity sure might. Look at Minecraft. It is one of the most popular games in the history of gaming, but it steadily grew and post-2012, has suffered an as steady of a decline. Fortnite is much more like GTA 5. GTA 5 quickly rose in popularity, and its popularity died just as fast. People still play both games - I play Minecraft, for example - but they are no longer the biggest trends. Now, Fortnite has not yet reached its peak. But how much further can it go? Tons of people play it, and almost everyone knows about it. YouTube is flooded with people playing Fortnite, or reacting to people playing the game, or doing reviews on the game. When will this flash in the pan disappear? Possibly next year sometime, but I don't have a crystal ball.

• Brohoof 1

I could care less about Fortnite and it's related games in the Battle Royale genre. It's not my type of game since I would probably get pretty flustered at how the game is set up. I don't do to good with competitive games since they can make me angry sometimes.

• Brohoof 3

I know a lot of people who play the game, but I personally don't. I'm not very interested in the concept and would much rather play something else. 

4 hours ago, cpl_dixon said:

I don't really see the whole appeal, it's just a battle royale game. There's been plenty before, why is this one so special?

Cause it got to that level of publicity where EVERYONE and their grandparents has heard about the game. 

I have tried it and I guess it's kind of fun, but if I would choose between fortnite and pubg I'd pick pubg because of weapon attachments, bigger map and the fact that I don't like the cartoony style of fortnite. I don't really play any of them though.

I think it's better than PUBG, but still garbage. Let's just say I'd rather play MOBAs again than play that. There are three big issues with both games in general:

1. TOO MANY PEOPLE. Seriously, why do you need 100 people in one match? That will just cause serious lag issues, absurd amounts of boredom for players that get eliminated early, and it will make the game drag on longer than it needs to. If it were just 30, it may be okay, though 20 would be preferable. With that you could also raise the TTK a bit to make for less insta-kill bulls*** that constantly happens in both PUBG and Fortnite.
  2. The design of the map. I just can't stand it, especially when it comes to weapon placements. Spread the weapons out better, it creates less of 30 people dying at the same freaking time over somebody getting a freaking overpowered weapon at the beginning of the game. Also, due to the first problem, it is WAY TOO BIG.
  3. Though it's much worse in PUBG, it lacks any kind of real strategy. All of it revolves around where you land, building structures, and what weapons you take (and the weapons are absurdly unbalanced, which doesn't help)... It has about as much strategy as freaking Call of Duty to be honest. They could add a survival element to it, or they could make the weapons actually BALANCED and not make some deliberately busted.

Played Fortnite once with a friend who was....lets say bored. Anyways, this bored friend got me to play and immediately it felt like i was playing PUBG. Controls, and over all mechanics were the same. Only with added annoyances such as BUILDING. Cause thats what i really wanted to play...Minecraft with Guns. I also wanted to make my character look coolish, but what do you know. Paywall.

Anyways, when we loaded in and played around in the pregame screen i took note that even the pregame feature was ripped from PUBG. I have played other battle royale games. Most have you already spawned in the map. Some make you chose a "mission" where its battle royale but you work towards an objective. Skip to when we're both situated and get into out first gun fight. BOOM. I get one shot because the guy i was battling built a barricade and had a purple rifle. First off, build your own cover/stairway/mini house? Not a mechanic that should be in an already unbalanced game genre. in most PUBG matches i either play the entire game decked out, or barely scraping by.

I don't really dislike the game, but because battle royale games are a huge trend in general, it's slowly getting oversaturated with copycats who want to milk off of its popularity. Not to mention it's lended to a lot of low quality and clickbait Youtube and Twitch content, with Muselk and Ali-A being the worst offenders. Hell, both of them used to be decent YouTubers when they weren't making clickbait Fortnite videos on a daily basis. I was especially disappointed in Muselk, since he's completely thrown his old TF2 and Overwatch fans in the dust to get easy money off of a cartoonish battle royale game. 

I'll say that the majority of Fortnite YouTubers aren't actually playing the game because they like it and want to make quality content, it's because they want to make that sweet ad revenue off of ignorant little 12 year olds. 

• Brohoof 1

becouse of fortnite being everyware its got a little annoying heck even  the samsung ad has it for a special galaxy s9 skin !!! what the heck samsung ?? soon apple would be doing the same thing ! , its freaking everyware ! and im just not going to play it. call of duty is ware its at if you just want a fast pace shooting game.

I tried to like it... the quick pressure of the Battle Royale Mode and trying to survive for as long as possible while scavenging was great at first. However, the construction mechanics are flawed and don't really work in the high-pressure environment the main mode creates for itself, it's extremely difficult to try and build something while stressing out and forgetting what button does what. On top of that thanks to my poor reactions, I can't kill ANYONE. No matter the gun I have, I seem to get one-hit killed by someone while I fire a deluge of bullets at their avatars body and barely even damage them, even when they have NO armour.

It's relentless and despite wanting to go back and try again and again, getting repeatedly knocked down and not given the chance to get back up and progress, the game repeats its unforgiving cycle in a way that makes it very difficult to justify investing more time in it.

On 8/21/2018 at 5:47 PM, SageofSong said:

The Battle Royale game mode isn't what bothers most people. In many shooter games, it is just like any other gamemode. However, some games like Player Unknown's Battlegrounds and Fortnite have built their entire game around this game mode. Most "haters", myself included, don't hate the game because it is popular (especially among younger audiences, since it is readily accessible for them); rather, a lot of people, such as myself, dislike it because it is being shoved down our throats. If you can avoid Fortnite on the Internet, then you are a unicorn. I like Fortnite. I have never played it, I never will play it, and I never have and never will watch anyone else play it, because I am not interested in shooter games. I don't jump on the hate Fortnite bandwagon however, since I prefer doing things that actually affect me, and that actually bring me joy, such as playing another game.

Will Fortnite die soon? Most likely. The player base won't shoot down dramatically, but its popularity sure might. Look at Minecraft. It is one of the most popular games in the history of gaming, but it steadily grew and post-2012, has suffered an as steady of a decline. Fortnite is much more like GTA 5. GTA 5 quickly rose in popularity, and its popularity died just as fast. People still play both games - I play Minecraft, for example - but they are no longer the biggest trends. Now, Fortnite has not yet reached its peak. But how much further can it go? Tons of people play it, and almost everyone knows about it. YouTube is flooded with people playing Fortnite, or reacting to people playing the game, or doing reviews on the game. When will this flash in the pan disappear? Possibly next year sometime, but I don't have a crystal ball.

In my opinion it's harder to avoid people ranting against Fortnite. Just look at the poll statistics on this thread, most people don't like it.

6 hours ago, AmaryllisG said:

In my opinion it's harder to avoid people ranting against Fortnite. Just look at the poll statistics on this thread, most people don't like it.

This is true. Nevertheless, I read on, and if the spamming of support/hate is there, I just go read a different thread. It is one's choice to be hooked on either bandwagon.

• 1 month later...

It is, to me, possibly the most overrated game of all time. It has a fairly terrible fanbase and the extreme popularity of it screams mass conformity to me. The fact that I cannot go anywhere without hearing something about it is irritating enough, but it is all for a game that doesn't deserve it in the slightest. Fortnite started out as a fairly average tower defense shooter I believe, but then it hops on a bandwagon and becomes free and all of a sudden people think it is the greatest thing ever since the invention of the wheel. And all it is, is just some battle royale game. Battle royale as a genre is already overrated in my view, being mostly unfun and a never-ending, hopeless quest for that endorphin rush of first place, but Fortnite is treated like something else, something far beyond that and I cannot stand it. If any of you enjoy it, that is totally fine, you keep on doing what you do, but the game itself is one I hate mainly because of its plague-like obsession that is now in gaming.

• Brohoof 1

Fornite. Where to begin...

I have played the game, when it was in it's early stages of being free. I got it as a way to play with friends who don't have the usual sorta games I play. The idea of battle Royale is a game mode I quite like. Back in the hay day of minecraft I was usual found playing survival wars (Or hunger games I think it was called) and I like PUBG. However as a result of being a free game, the fanbase has been flooded with this level of, for lack of a better word, toxicity. That usually wouldn't be a problem for me, I could just play the game and not take part in the fandom however the game started to become everything I wish it hadn't. The varying dance moves are pointless and the new features in the game have ruined it. Not to mention the face that I literally cannot walk outside my house without hearing something to do with fortnite. 

If ya'll enjoy playing it, that's fine by me. Just don't ask me to play with ya! :laugh: