Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Pony Art Collection

Script Chime

So I have been making pony art and have posted them as status updates but I just decided to have an actual topic for myself for these things similar to my cutie mark topic. 

Here we are first down the runway is the first piece I did once I got my computer back

Happy Script Chime!

156860189_HappyScriptChime.png.fe046fcf4aabce979acb123db898a0db.png

Speedpaint for this one here

Next is a dark side for Script here named Elusive Shadow well one rendition of her anyway

355708928_ElusiveShadows2.png.59ffc1ca8060b4b6b4540d2cb141ee62.png

Next up is a demon edgelord who is the boyfriend of a roleplay character give it up for Shaded Fang

635664347_Mystikosboyfriendwithsignature.png.634769dcc531d947e63892baca2f3c81.png

Alright I'm done with the "fashion show" gimmick anyway next are to characters who love each other dearly this is Delightful Sweets and Cunning Claws!

2079914407_ClaireandRed.png.df28df1b0edb77653b198a15f8acff87.png

Moving on is the darkest yet supposedly happiest moment of my life. The day I earned my cutie mark

1864628944_ScriptChimemadeamistake.png.3f3b4c4f7460dc514af032198a0b7ad5.png

Next is kind of sad. Its two characters once enamored with each other getting the punishment for that love.

495099574_SaeyoungandAngeliquetrapped.png.7b0dca9794c557a5f6d9873a1ac49b6e.png

For something on a lighter note here is something based off a person at my job. She has this aura of just cuteness and the constant inability to hate her on her side so I drew this out to show how I felt

585417995_Facehoofingponies.png.92bee0736e6062ce2c681515f74b39ee.png

Speedpaint for this is here

And finally the most recent work Flank Sinatrot singing. Yes that's a pun and no I don't feel ashamed. I love the music he sang and I had wanted to make the piece for a long time and I finally got the time to so here we go

1358175964_FlankSinatrot.png.bbeebf31875605a8f4ffeb5ee8adffa5.png

The speedpaint for this is here

Hope you like this!

Edited by Script Chime
  • Brohoof 5

Here is a few more pieces I completed 

Both fan art. The first one is the Aramau the Fiery Secretary. I know her design doesn't have the silver band but its supposed the be the engagement ring she received at CMPC. I couldn't make it as complex and I wanted so I simply simplified the ring. The next one is Spirit the Deer and I just did it to expand my horizons as an mlp artist and an artist in general.

Arumau.png

Spirit the Deer.png

Edited by Script Chime

• 2 weeks later...

Yes...this force of dark and shadow magic and this force of music manipulation as fillies fought over a plushie in the dark realm. The dark realm is where Script could see Elusive before they separated so this suggestion let me do some world building. A cool thing I developed for the magic is that since they are technically the same pony their magic could in theory fuse. Usually if they're both trying to use magic on the same thing it'll combine and depending on the color you can see who has more control and dominance magic wise. In this case Script has more power made evident by the blue

1874010023_ScriptChimevsElusiveShadowa.png.a07e1a3339030744e0ceef52658ec4b9.png

Hehehe oh dearie you can't hide forever. I'll be released one day. Imagine all that can be unlocked, you've already started your studies why stop now. Hehehehe don't be afraid I'm simply you the you unleashed by your own power, pity we can't meet yet but I'm sure the dark realm will help. oh well seems my time to speak to you is being cut short but will won't hold me back for long. So long dearie...

273068215_CantHideFromMe.png.466b974b1a1deda164ff891f671e908a.png

This was very experimental any suggestions?

So people have brought to my attention they find Script Chime cute soooo before Halloween before I decide what to dress her up as or to just do an Elusive Shadows piece I decided to do this. So yes a hobby of Script Chime's is to sit in empty fields at night in bunny slippers on a cushion and eating cotton candy ice cream while cuddling a cat plush

Part of my original plan was to have her sitting on a cloud but that didn't pan out. 

I thought I had more time when making this but apparently I didn't anyway I forgot her cutie mark but after school I'll fix it. Moving on she's still cute to me in this piece.

I was actually was pretty miserable making it because of how hard it was to start it and when I actually got to a certain point I had to make a bunch of modifications. Enough of the negative on a scale of 1-10 (1 being lowest and 10 being greatest) how would you rate this?

1702629612__kgiu.png.0f57430bb60e5239a0c128df597a10d2.png.76a11ec84ecc9f512b07bd637c97e3ea.png

1836385233_1537923546843_CuteScriptChime.png.ca03a7946f52dddaaa18bcd84ce39a26.png

So people have brought to my attention they find Script Chime cute soooo before Halloween before I decide what to dress her up as or to just do an Elusive Shadows piece I decided to do this. So yes a hobby of Script Chime's is to sit on a cloud in the middle of the night and eating cotton candy ice cream while cuddling a cat plush.

I fixed it from yesterday because I hadn't liked it so much. I had drawn it in the morning because I thought I had more time but with all the layering and variations I had to do it ended up taking way long than needed. It resulted in me forgetting the cutie mark, the magical auras being hard to see, Script (the meant to be focal point) small and taking up too little space, and a crappy night background which I never allow myself to do. I'd also forgotten shading and highlighting make the image look flat.

Enough about the negatives. My favorite always is the highlighting because of how inventive I can get and the variation of colors I can use. Shading this time was horrible because of all the layers and overlaps. The cloud was the hardest part because of the indents so I had to color those on a separate layer and match it to the shadow and then shade behind the indents. 

Noticable improvement in my art? Mainly the handling of poses. I've had difficulty with perspective and angles but using some references and personal intuition I managed to be a bit more out there with poses and make them look better. Accessories and contact with other objects too. Script being a unicorn meant I had an excuse for her not to hold things but with things like a plushie which you usually snuggle I had to have her interact with it. 

Next steps for improvement? Shading and contact. My shading can always use work so I need to improve that. I'll also need to buckle down and start having characters touch each other because eventually it'll just make no sense why they don't. I'll also need to improve backgrounds. I'm generally happy with my night backgrounds so I need to work on Day backgrounds which have never been my strong suit.

Hopes for next piece? More activity and items in the drawing so it doesn't seem so empty, more contact with other items and possibly more than one character as the focus

394125240_MyFriends.png.70bf37ec0ebc82dd6da81a365636bea1.png

Yes I have made friends with a cat, a ghost, a tall earth pony, and a tall pegasus. It says a lot about my height when about the height of a normal sized feline. 

Anyway this was for a school project. We were supposed to talk about something in your life that changed you as a person and then have a way to show it. Originally I was going to do a quick animation and maybe voice something to represent my growth as a creator and preformer but I decided with this. These are the friends I made after a tough experience I had in middle school with friends.

We have my friend and editor in the top corner Silver Messenger

My friend who I have a plushie of Pinky The Cat

and two other friends. One I've been with since Preschool (the earth pony) and one I've made only I the last year (the pegasus)

The rising sun is the new dawn that has come from me being friends with them and its coming behind mountains because it represents the milestones I can reach with them as my friends.

• 5 weeks later...
(edited)

So if you read my status update you would have read that I've lost almost all my devices I managed to sneak away my iPad for a day (My mom caught me) and managed to draw this. This is a secretary pony who happens to organize things for famous ponies. Think organizing RaRa's  (if she's still big) performances, costume fittings, and appearances. She keeps the dates in order but doesn't schedule them.

She actually once dreams of being a singer but she was never able to actually seize that moment and she just decided to rely on her cutie mark to receive a job

dd495e0d-a1d6-4be8-bfcd-3a7cc8bf52fe.jpg

Edited by Script Chime

• 3 weeks later...

So I had a plan for Nightmare Night with Elusive but I wasn't able to do it so I made this. This is the first piece I made with a mouse and a while. It kind of gave me more control and it was a bit fun. Drawing with a mouse is not absolutely ideal I actually feel it would have been a bit better if I used my tablet but for what I have I am pretty impressed especially because it could have been way worst

elusive_shadows_ready_for_flight_by_dovepetal41-dcs9ojd.png.5bcad05b0308dac1828575c94a11cf0c.png

• 3 weeks later...

I made this for an art contest on DevaintArt. Script tried to impress the deer she admires so much by casting a spell to make her into one. She charmed her bracelets so transform her but it didn't work out evidently because all she gave herself was a new pair on antlers. And plus! the spell last for about an hour since that's how long her bracelets hold a spell she casts.

1368858081_ScriptMeetsSpirit.png.190ac3dc9a87a8a211cbbc4983ac6eb1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to cast a transformation spell I found on a random scroll (always smart) and accidentally turned my friend SilverMessenger into a pegasus

This is a reference to Silver's old pony design (she's not a brony) so I decided eh why not

Script Chime Messes Up A Spell.png

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if this counts but here is a presentation of my development I'm legitimately shook by this. I thought I had kind of thought the piece was an old piece from last years before I'm actually really happy about this!

Sadly the file seems to be too large so here is the link to it

https://www.deviantart.com/dovepetal41/art/2018-Summary-of-Art-777243326

Edited by Script Chime

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 5:07 PM, Script Chime said:

So I have been making pony art and have posted them as status updates but I just decided to have an actual topic for myself for these things similar to my cutie mark topic. 

Here we are first down the runway is the first piece I did once I got my computer back

Happy Script Chime!

156860189_HappyScriptChime.png.fe046fcf4aabce979acb123db898a0db.png

Speedpaint for this one here

Next is a dark side for Script here named Elusive Shadow well one rendition of her anyway

355708928_ElusiveShadows2.png.59ffc1ca8060b4b6b4540d2cb141ee62.png

Next up is a demon edgelord who is the boyfriend of a roleplay character give it up for Shaded Fang

635664347_Mystikosboyfriendwithsignature.png.634769dcc531d947e63892baca2f3c81.png

Alright I'm done with the "fashion show" gimmick anyway next are to characters who love each other dearly this is Delightful Sweets and Cunning Claws!

2079914407_ClaireandRed.png.df28df1b0edb77653b198a15f8acff87.png

Moving on is the darkest yet supposedly happiest moment of my life. The day I earned my cutie mark

1864628944_ScriptChimemadeamistake.png.3f3b4c4f7460dc514af032198a0b7ad5.png

Next is kind of sad. Its two characters once enamored with each other getting the punishment for that love.

495099574_SaeyoungandAngeliquetrapped.png.7b0dca9794c557a5f6d9873a1ac49b6e.png

For something on a lighter note here is something based off a person at my job. She has this aura of just cuteness and the constant inability to hate her on her side so I drew this out to show how I felt

585417995_Facehoofingponies.png.92bee0736e6062ce2c681515f74b39ee.png

Speedpaint for this is here

And finally the most recent work Flank Sinatrot singing. Yes that's a pun and no I don't feel ashamed. I love the music he sang and I had wanted to make the piece for a long time and I finally got the time to so here we go

1358175964_FlankSinatrot.png.bbeebf31875605a8f4ffeb5ee8adffa5.png

The speedpaint for this is here

Hope you like this!

Your last one is definitely your best one. It looks polished and the shading on the moon looks nice. My only suggestion for you on all these is to either try to put more in your backgrounds or find ways to make simpler backgrounds look awesome (you’re doing good so far, and you don’t have to do this but it’s only a suggestion). In short, your simple white backgrounds or anything where characters are in midair don’t need as much while actual settings need a bit more detail to look convincing.

• Brohoof 1

Oh sweet Celestia I can draw decent art again! So here we go my first few art pieces of 2019.

To start this piece of Elusive Shadows consoling Script Chime

1912289982_ElusiveShadowsConsolingScriptChime.png.d603da08693b922ef1c527807e402676.png

Next is my half of an art trade I did with Bugatti on DeviantArt

Bugatti.png.eb638c7aa5e1c84a7aecd7a6a725749e.png

And finally A DECENT REFERENCE SHEET OF SCRIPT CHIME!!!

741582506_ReferenceSheet.png.2befeb993527a887bf181f5c65212db2.png

Words can not express how happy I am that this is done. Its way better than my last one and properly displays my new art style

Oh right also my submission for the December art contest

809919625_TheHearthsWarmingMare.png.e2411a280e3908f6e5a877f8ba0a3885.png

I made who I'd like to call, the "Hearth's Warming Mare". She is on of the kindest ponies during Hearth's Warming providing presents and charity among all who need it. 

Now lets me quell any theories that may arrive. (Unless Death of the Author is a philosophy of your's then in that case ignore me)

If you want to imagine it as such fine but the colt in the blanket does not have some type of deadly illness. My image was that two ponies wanted to help out their friend who just so happened to get sick when the Hearth's Warming Mare was coming

The Hearth's Warming Mare can be who ever you want it to be. She could be a Santa like figure, she could be someone that dresses up every year, she could be anything you want her to be.

The reason there is every creature but changelings and dragons is because as it was I was already drawing with a mouse and I was not equipped to draw either of them at the time

OK no more quelling

Yes the mane looks a bit like Pinkie Pie in mane style and take that as you will. Maybe they're ancestors. I don't know its your imagination.

Give me your headcanons in the comments!