Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are we really near the end/WWIII/apocalypse?

Octavia_Melody2

Not to beat a dead horse (pun intended), but every recent generation seems to have felt that it was the last (WWII, Vietnam, etc.). Seeing how we came dangerously close to nuclear holocaust during the Cold War, does anyone else feel that things could reheat? Are we really on the brink of World War III or a nuclear holocaust? Obviously I'm not saying that I want such things to happen but I do worry. I'm not yet 30 years old and I'd like to live to at least 90 but I can't help but feel that something is looming.

Not to go on a rant, but as  Christian, I was frequently taught about the book of Revelation and Judgement Day and I pretty much have a morose feeling all the time and wonder about how things will really turn out.

• Brohoof 3

Was listening while ago when one astrobiologist was talking about how we are living the most peaceful time right now in hundreds of years.

So I don't think so and even if it was tomorrow I don't think it really matters in the long run what is going to happen  

• Brohoof 1

These are the most peaceful times we have gotten in a long time, so it's far less likely to ignite a major conflict than a few decades ago with the Cold War. It's true that America still is at odds with Russia, but China is it's biggest opponen, and they are at more a subtle conflict than in the Cold War due that they are now trading, and a conflict is far less desirable. Not to mention that I've read somewhere that Russia and China are at odds with each other as well

• Brohoof 1

I think the world will surely rot again someday, but not that soon or that dramatically. As long these leaders can stay level headed with one and another...but there always has to be one moron that would f**k it all up for everyone.

Edited by TBD

14 hours ago, Octavia_Melody2 said:

Not to go on a rant, but as  Christian, I was frequently taught about the book of Revelation and Judgement Day and I pretty much have a morose feeling all the time and wonder about how things will really turn out.

Well, the book of Revelation is the hardest book to understand as evident by the many interpretations of it. No need to worry about the end times or Judgement Day, the only thing you should worry about is whether or not you are saved.

14 hours ago, Octavia_Melody2 said:

Not to beat a dead horse (pun intended), but every recent generation seems to have felt that it was the last (WWII, Vietnam, etc.). Seeing how we came dangerously close to nuclear holocaust during the Cold War, does anyone else feel that things could reheat? Are we really on the brink of World War III or a nuclear holocaust? Obviously I'm not saying that I want such things to happen but I do worry.

There is no need to worry about war unless the government itself says so. Don't listen to the media though, they like to lie, twist the truth, and tell half the truth to make events more dramatic than they really are.

• Brohoof 1

Not yet, no. But the way things are shaping up, I'd not be surprised if it happens within the next 30 years, and in fact I strongly believe that World War 3 will happen within that timeframe, and it will likely end with either a complete overhaul of politics across the world, business as usual, or nuclear apocalypse. Of those three, unfortunately, the first sounds the least likely.

However, I do think that America will lose it's grasp as a world superpower, because our economy may seem good, but it's a ticking time bomb. Insane amount of debt, absurd military spending, and lowering tax rates on the upper class have a decent chance of causing a second Great Depression worse than the first one.

Edited by Dusk Noire
  • Brohoof 1

There are lots of ways for the human race to destroy itself that have nothing to do with war or politics. Society is corroding from within and I would welcome the end if it came. But honestly I don't think it's coming anytime soon, even though there are a few interesting prophesies that might suggest otherwise. So who am I to say? 

When George Bush senior okayed Operation Desert Storm, people thought America was gearing up for another war. When 9/11 happened, i heard talk of that event being the start of world war 3. When Isis showed up, again it was another world war. Either someone is covering up all the atrocities going on right now, or the rest of the world doesnt care about Isis or these terrorists. Whatever the reason, we shouldnt still be fighting if we killed Osama Bin Laden.

As for an apocalyptic scenario? If you think Putin wouldnt nuke America the first chance he got, then its a good thing you arent in power. People forget Putin is Ex-KGB whom has a scary kill record. Not only that but hes an expert with radioactive materials. Case in point when he took out a political rival when he was still fresh from the kgb service.

We arent near the end, but we are near something catastrophic. My money is on another civil war in America.

• Brohoof 1

There always seem to be harbingers of the end times, and so many have ended up being misread. I don't think the end will come as the result of war as much as a disintegration of humanity from within.  

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I remember one guy on YouTube said that every single politician does not interested in destruction of the world as we know it. However it does not mean they are not going to spew bunch of BS to make people believe that they do.

Realistically no, but I used to believe it a few times a long time ago. One was 2012 (I remember the whole 12/21/12 thing and the newspaper headlines on the day of said doomsday. The recent ones were over the situation with North Korea (which has died down thank God), and, yes, Trump in the first few months of his presidency (I didn't worry about him anymore because Trump knows what's at stake if he releases those nukes. 

On 8/23/2018 at 10:56 AM, Steve Piranha said:

These are the most peaceful times we have gotten in a long time, so it's far less likely to ignite a major conflict than a few decades ago with the Cold War. It's true that America still is at odds with Russia, but China is it's biggest opponen, and they are at more a subtle conflict than in the Cold War due that they are now trading, and a conflict is far less desirable. Not to mention that I've read somewhere that Russia and China are at odds with each other as well

I've been recently thinking about a new Cold War that has China as a superpower. If that ever happens, I pray the world does not get politically divided (which what happened to multiple 2nd and 3rd world countries after WWII ended with capitalism and communism). 

On 8/26/2018 at 1:34 PM, Rainbow Dash said:

When George Bush senior okayed Operation Desert Storm, people thought America was gearing up for another war. When 9/11 happened, i heard talk of that event being the start of world war 3. When Isis showed up, again it was another world war. Either someone is covering up all the atrocities going on right now, or the rest of the world doesnt care about Isis or these terrorists. Whatever the reason, we shouldnt still be fighting if we killed Osama Bin Laden.

We arent near the end, but we are near something catastrophic. My money is on another civil war in America.

The reason WWIII didn't occur after 9/11 and the failure of War on Iraq (societal collapse, power vacuum, migration to Europe etc.) was because the UN came together to create protocols to ensure more saner responses that don't involve war. 

Civil war in America is realistically impossible. I imagine the next decade will be a repeat of the 1970s with some changes; the people are depressed in terms of morale and the changes are the East is more economically prosperous than the West.    

Edited by TransitPony

After reading everyone's replies I feel I must apologize, I was in a btiter mood when I wrote this. I'm not an absolute pessimist and I don't think Judgment Day is imminent, but I do think we'll see another conflict, similar to WWIII or whatever, within the next 10 years. Not saying I want it to happen, in fact, I wish humanity could do away with all conflict. Perhaps that's one of the reasons I'm an MLP fan. :-P

Edited by Octavia_Melody2
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wouldn't say an apocalypse, but WW3 and revolution is a possibility. We're probably still about 20-30 or so years out imo. That being said, the demoralization stage begins once the average normie starts suffering a lack of basic necessities, which will likely happen in about 5-10 years. So now would be a good time to start getting your ideological propaganda in order if you plan on participating in the fun.

4krUD.jpg.b6bb1a6710ca64c42801bc2c5912843b.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

If anything we'll kill ourselves off with Nukes or climate change. There won't be a rapture ever if you ask me. If not nukes or climate change the burning heat of the Sun will fry the earth in a billion years time due to getting hotter, too hot for life.