Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Old games you want to see get fixed

KillerKingBakudan

We all like certain games for a number of reasons, but some of them probably have certain flaws you don't like. If you could have these games re-released with all these issues fixed, what games would they be? It doesn't matter how old they are.

Gonna start this with....

1. Anarchy Reigns- I love arena-fighters, and I really thought there was no way this could possibly disappoint me. I was terribly wrong. Whose idea was it at Platinum to include a block function? Because when you went online, that's all anybody ever fucking did. I'm not joking. They'd just stand still and block, so that they could wear you down and attack as soon as you turned your back to them. I rarely ever got more than one kill in any online match. That's how badly the game favored defense. If you tried being aggressive towards anybody who wasn't facing you, you got your ass kicked. The online co-op modes were fun, but that's really the only thing that made it worth playing. And I'll never understand why Platinum didn't try to improve the game by just releasing a patch that removed blocking altogether? Because what's the point in moving around in full 3D environments if you're not even free to attack? Blocking has no place in this kind of game.

2. Alien vs. Predator (2010)- This game felt perfect on my first playthrough. The single-player campaign did a good job at getting you accustomed to the mechanics, maps, and weapons. But all that went to shit with the online play. And not even for any inherent flaws in the gameplay, but the matchmaking. Of ALL things. I couldn't open a Mixed Species Deathmatch lobby without getting messages from assholes telling me to start the match. And even if I actually got to start the match with all 18 slots filled, people would gradually drop out of the game, and I wouldn't know it until it was just down to me and one other guy, and I'd be running in circles trying to find somebody to kill. Not fun. I don't know how Rebellion could have mitigated this problem. I just know that people don't have to put up with this crap in other FPSs that are still played competitively. A different lobby system perhaps?

3. WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game- It's a good thing this game never had a tournament following, because I would have gone to each event, picked Doink and STOLE all that fucking prize money. Getting to play famous pro-wrestlers in an environment where they had special powers was such a novelty concept, but it got bogged down by shoddy execution. Or should I say lack thereof? The special moves, while varied enough, just weren't tested very well. I've never seen anything more OP in a game than Doink's hammer or Lex Luger's mace. If you got hit by either of those, you weren't getting back up. If I was feeling generous, I could throw somebody outside the ring just so they could last a bit longer. That is, until I threw them against the side of the ring and, before they could recover from hitstun, I'd kill them by repeatedly ramming my knee up their ass in an unending juggle combo. I found a ton of glitches in the Genesis version too, and sure enough, they were present in the arcade version. Not the least of which was running backwards for no reason. And I was only ten years old when I discovered all this shit. It was ridiculous. I don't care for Mortal Kombat anymore, but I know that Midway/NRS took their time making sure that MK2 and Ultimate MK3 weren't riddled with game-breaking glitches, and horrible balancing in the cast. People are still playing them in tournaments to this day. So why couldn't the devs put the same care into Wrestlemania?

Edited by KillerKingBakudan
  • Brohoof 1

I'd love to see Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010, remastered. To this day it is probably my favorite racing game, and have lots of fond memories playing with my friends. I also wouldn't mind a remaster of Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012.

- Morrowind: I really want to play Morrowind, but I fear both a old graphic and some old styled settings may give some problems to me. This said, is of corse a must play game.

- Of Orcs and Men: not really know by many, but is one of those games that revolt the classic view on orcs and goblins, here as slaves. I do hope into a full remake, with expanded content and better graphics.

- Overlord I and II: a game where you can play as the villain. 'nuff said.

• 2 months later...

Link's Awakening is a pretty underlooked Zelda game and I think it should get the remake treatment. They have a lot more to work with than just two buttons.

EDIT: Apparently, I can predict the future.

All these kids asking for remakes of games that are only a few years old. Why, back in my day we played all our video games uphill, in the snow, both ways!

I want these games back:

Future Cop: Strange with elements of 3rd person action, base building, wave-spawning and tower defence. Truly ahead of its time, if somewhat unwieldy.

Biosys: Survival game involving controlling the weather in several different biomes. Would be a perfect game for some indie studio to rip off and make their own variant.

Metal Fatigue: RTS featuring giant battle robots with swappable parts, including the ability to tear your opponents' arms off and stick them on your own robots. What I wouldn't give to see a remake with a unit cap, functional pathfinding, and an AI that doesn't need to wear a helmet just to walk around.

The original Paper Mario could use a port or remake here :mlp_rarity:. Maybe a Fiyah Emblem as well, Path of Radiance being my pick :darling:

Edited by Steve Piranha

Alpha Centauri is my biggest one. It has a charm and immersiveness, and the speculative fiction aspect of the game as opposed to Civilization's retreading of the same old path holds a lot more appeal to me. The game is moddable, to a degree, but the engine limitations and the inflexible AI kinda mess with the experience.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...