Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Remember "My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas"?

kewlman2006

So, I was just wondering if anyone remembers the movie, or episode, as it used to be on Netflix, and me and my family always used to watch it every Christmas. (I'm not sure what generation it was)

side topic: anyone noticed in the US, it says on MLP: FIM that it's available until August 31st?  

I never watched it, myself! O: Though I looked up a couple of clips online and it looks cute (I watched the part where the pink mint candycane got nudged off the tree and broken lol)

Yep. Never personally watched the whole thing (saw Mr. Enter do an Animated Atrocity on it) and it's one of the only pre-G4 MLP shows The Hub/Discovery Family ever shows.

I liked it. I enjoy the aesthics, designs and art style. The voices aren't bad. The animation is good. The score is great.  It's arguably the best holiday special the franchise has made. Nice that they added some depth to Minty's character, like a proto-Derpy. 

Speaking of Minty and Derpy, I actually got my copy of A Very Minty Christmas signed by Tabetha St.Germane. 

• Brohoof 2

There were a couple of things that really amused me (for instance, not that long ago there was a Brony meme around ponies in socks, and here was Minty singing about how great socks are back in the 90's. :D )

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 12:51 PM, Fhaolan said:

There were a couple of things that really amused me (for instance, not that long ago there was a Brony meme around ponies in socks, and here was Minty singing about how great socks are back in the 90's. :D )

That's actually mid 2000s at most tho :dash:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I quite liked it. Really cutesy feel to it. But probably one of the weaker entries into the G3 list. I watched it a few times, and I have to say, the holes in it really start to grind a little when you actually think about it, but if you just switch off and watch, it's quite enjoyable. 
The songs are also solid, and yeah, it's Minty-centric, so obviously, it's already a great hit. If anything, I'd recommend avoiding the YT reviews before you watch it, because they sour it a bit. But it's a nice watch if you're in the mood:)

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this film a few years ago, and instantly I loved Minty! Not even kidding, I had OCD that was that bad or worse. When she kept trying to fix that snowman's head before it fell off, that would had been me! Seriously related to her.

I know this film isn't the best, but.................Well, it inspired a story. It took many months, had 90,000 words and NO COMMENTS when I posted it....:lostit: But you know what? I didn't give up! Even now I'm reworking it for a second release, with improved writing and fixes. Altho improving is taking a Dragon's age but when it's done, it will be worth the hard work.

So  A Very Minty Christmas is very dear to my heart, because without it, I would not have this story which is turning out to be my biggest project ever attempted. Celestia help me. :love:

Funny how stuff like that just happens.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

After years of wishing, G4 Minty made it to an official G4 horse animation. She’s even a palette swap of Applejack like in the toys :mlp_yeehaa:

1972909__safe_screencap_minty_pinkie+pie

• Brohoof 3

Yes I remember! (It was a G3 holiday movie special btw) Minty, along with Sunny Daze, are my favorite G3 ponies. Minty was so adorable in that movie!

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

YES! Hell yes. I watch G3 as a kid, always watched that every year. I have the DVD! :D 

Ermegersh the nostalgia is real. Gotta watch that again this xmas, maybe w/ my little sisters :) 

To me it's a Christmas Classic. 

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I actually watched that Movie as well, but its a few years back, i only remember that i liked it, i liked the Animation and Design, the movie was really cute.

I even have the DVD.