Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The movie's budget revealed!

FirePuppy

According to a recent study, the film's official budget had finally been revealed. It can be found on page 22 of this PDF document.

https://www.filmla.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2017_film_study_v3-WEB.pdf

The film's budget is revealed to be $6.5 million, which is pretty cheap for a modern day animated film. This also means the movie grossed more than 3 times its budget domestically, and even without a release in Japan or South Korea, it also still grossed more than 9 times its budget worldwide, which can consider the film a box office success either way.

• Brohoof 2

Looks back over all my posts telling people not to assume it was $65 million before we got an official, reliable source...

latest?cb=20160403132036

What'd I tell ya? Yeah, I never believed it was that high. Another thing to take note of...the presumed budget being 65 and the real budget being 6.5...

Oh wow, that is hilarity imaging them getting the budget right back then and just forgetting to add a decimal point. :laugh:

i don't think those numbers should be our concern, as viewers we should look for the final product's quality, which was great imo, having new graphics alone is a great feat, and the story, while having some low momments, was a nice one overal, new races where introduced, and all the songs were top quality, personally, it wouldn't make any difference to me if they had done that same film with 1 dolar or 1bilion dollar budget,  that's Hasbro's issue not mine
that said, it beeing a profitable endeavor does give me hope that we may get another one in the future

3 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

i don't think those numbers should be our concern, as viewers we should look for the final product's quality, which was great imo, having new graphics alone is a great feat, and the story, while having some low momments, was a nice one overal, new races where introduced, and all the songs were top quality, personally, it wouldn't make any difference to me if they had done that same film with 1 dolar or 1bilion dollar budget,  that's Hasbro's issue not mine
that said, it beeing a profitable endeavor does give me hope that we may get another one in the future

For the budget they had, they put out the best movie they could giving the constraints by Hasbro. Could it have been a lot better? Obviously but that’s a problem with the script. The animation was a big step up imo. According to IMDB, it grossed almost $22 million, over three times it’s budget and that’s not including merchandising sales. That being said, there is a rumor that there may be a special/movie after the final season to wrap things up.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

For the budget they had, they put out the best movie they could giving the constraints by Hasbro. Could it have been a lot better? Obviously but that’s a problem with the script. The animation was a big step up imo. According to IMDB, it grossed almost $22 million, over three times it’s budget and that’s not including merchandising sales. That being said, there is a rumor that there may be a special/movie after the final season to wrap things up.

I would say the actual animation, character designs and backdrops were well above the norm - but as you say, let down by the script.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:17 AM, CypherHoof the Reblanked said:

I would say the actual animation, character designs and backdrops were well above the norm - but as you say, let down by the script.

For real, the script was it’s real weakness. I’d kill to see more Toon Boom G4 horses in the future :fluttershy: