Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flat-Earthers?

heavens-champion

I think it started just to oppose the mainstream views and with some conspiracy theories but if you live in your own delusions long enough you actually start believing in them, personally I think that is what has happened.

• Brohoof 5

Hey, if you tell yourself something so delusional enough times you might start believing it, and then make books about it, and cults, etc. You may also start believing the Earth is 6000 years old.

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 6

The poor flat-earthers have lots (LOTS) of cognitive errors, they do not believe in science, which means they abandon such things as geometry, pshysics and formulas and - afterwards - they won't stop believe in such a thing as flat Earth not only because they are believing to the point of fanatism, but they would be conscious of how much time they wasted on such things recognising they were doing bad. Nobody would take that internal pressure.

About repeating things and believing afterwards in them, I'm also an example (victim?): I believe in existence of Equestria and all that social utopia world.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Celli said:

Hey, if you tell yourself something so delusional enough times you might start believing it, and then make books about it, and cults, etc. You may also start believing the Earth is 6000 years old.

Do you hate Christianity?

• Brohoof 2

22 minutes ago, Celli said:

And you may also start believing that the earth is 10000000000 years old (Which I don't)

Just now, Sondash Studios said:

It depends. If your open-minded, do research, and search for what you want to know.

There's nothing open minded about believing the earth is flat.

And you may also start believing that the earth is 10000000000 years old (Which I don't)

Then you are against science and research. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm only going to say this once; Keep the personal attacks to yourself. If you have a strong opinion about the topic, that's fine, but the snide, offhand commentary is a little below what I know everyone here to be capable of. Be amazing to each other.

9 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

First of all it's not 10 billion years old, it's approximately 4.5 billion.

Secondly, it is proven and here's how.

https://www.space.com/24854-how-old-is-earth.html

8 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I'm only going to say this once; Keep the personal attacks to yourself. If you have a strong opinion about the topic, that's fine, but the snide, offhand commentary is a little below what I know everyone here to be capable of. Be amazing to each other.

Apologies.

• Brohoof 2

I read it, it is not giving proof, it is only saying theories like the age of the rocks which is estimated not prooven.

And your god is not proven either.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Celli said:

And your god is not proven either.

You going 

if the universe is 40 billion years old then shouldn't at least one alien race have found us already? exactly thats why there is proof of God, because we are the one and only planet with life.

you're getting off-topic.

if the universe is 40 billion years old then shouldn't at least one alien race have found us already? exactly thats why there is proof of God, because we are the one and only planet with life.

We don't know that there is not life away from earth,
There could be, there might not be,
who knows

There are two viable explanations I have arrived at.

1. Trolling. Be honest; if you were a troll, then the Flat Earth theory is the perfect way to piss someone off. You can dodge facts all you like, you can be as snide as you like, you can be as persistent as you like... you understand what I'm saying. For trolls and other various turmoil-seekers, the Flat Earth theory is a gold mine for internet outrage.
  2. Indoctrination. For those who truly believe the Earth is a solid plate, they are often taught this at a young age. The young mind is malleable, and once a child learns something, it's very hard to convince them otherwise, and once they reach adulthood, it's difficult to teach old dogs new tricks.
2 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

We'd all be crushed by gravity if the earth was round for one!

Not if our bodies have evolved to withstand the pressure.  Not to mention, Earth's gravity is... exceptionally weak compared to that of other astral bodies. If we were to travel to Jupiter, for instance, then we wouldn't be able to stand upright, due to the much stronger gravitational force.

• Brohoof 6

Just now, DonMaguz said:

Can you elaborate on how did you come up with that conclusion?

Gravity pulls down to the center, correct?

Meaning with a round earth, gravity would force you into the center of the earth, crushing and killing you!

• Brohoof 1