Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flat-Earthers?

heavens-champion

4 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

If the earth was round the mountains would knock everyone out, because they would fly across the world, 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you perhaps clarify it a bit?

(edited)
4 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

3. because governments are nouciances and split the time, rather than using it for unifying the earth

4. NASA have to keep their conspiracy of the earth being round convincing but it is flat!

The question isn't time zones. "Time zones" are a human-made construct based upon our observations of the sun. It is VERY easy to debunk. Have a friend in another part of the world tell you when the sun goes down, and compare it to when you see it go down. On a flat Earth (comeon, we've all seen this in MLP) everyone would see the sun set at the same time. We don't see that. We are all witnessing the sun setting and rising at different moments. This only makes sense with a sphere, or at least a 3-dimensional object.

Just NASA? Governments can't even agree on where the borders of different lands are, but you expect that they agree to all work together  (EVERY single space agency and satellite company) to cooperate to keep up this nonsense?

The number of layers of conspiracy theories (makes the X-files seem mild by comparison) requires MUCH more cooperation than humans are capable of. It's just as laughable as the idea that someone (either the Devil, or some Illuminati group) put millions of dinosaur fossils in the Earth to trick us into thinking that Earth is more than 6000 years old. These are the same kind of excuses that flat-earthers use to never PROVE the flatness of the Earth themselves, even though the technology is clearly available and they should have no problem getting enough funding for such an endeavor. They just say, "Well the New World Order won't let us so there's no point, but we KNOW we're right."

It actually far more feasible that we're all living in the Matrix.

And now, if all of you reading this thread would kindly focus your eyes on the little red light on my special pen thingy here...

image.png.e2d3d1cd00589a01ba3d8e627ab759c8.png

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 5

For the most part I believe, or at the very least hope Flat Earthers are just trolls trying to get a rise out of people.  But for those who honestly believe the earth is flat, well they just have a fundamentally incorrect understanding of science.

• Brohoof 3

Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls for the most part tbh. Got to know a few of these lads once, and they were all posting ironically.

3 hours ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

I believe in the thicc Earth theory.

This guy knows what's good.

Edited by Twiggy

Flat-Earthers are morons. I feel like that is almost a factual statement at this point.

They ignore gravity, they ignore a large section of the Pacific ocean (the ice walls), and they have no logical explanation for the existence of our f***ing atmosphere.

What else is there to say on the topic?

4 hours ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Flat Earthers? Pfft. The earth isn’t round or flat!

I believe in the thicc Earth theory.

I would like my Earth...

Image result for extra thicc

• Brohoof 4

13 hours ago, Vlazamal said:

Oh...I SO WISH THIS WAS TRUE. When I'm trying to talk to a partner in siberia it can only last for a while before one of us has to go to sleep because of the timezones :(

Yeah, and for example quite a few of my on-the-net friends are in USA and not near my timezone,

The world is a fucking pain for creating these "timezones" !

13 hours ago, Harper said:

In reply to you.

1) What purpose would NASA / other satellites doing that serve?  

2) Taking time as a number on the clock out of the equation, lets say twelve people were stood in twelve different time zones recording at the same time, the first time zone (lets say the USA) with it being the break of dawn and ever time zone you pass through the light gets brighter and brighter and eventually towards the 6th or 7th timezone getting darker, if the earth is flat why isn't half the earth experiencing the exactly same level of light?

3) Have you ever witnessed rockets that don't follow the precise curveture when flying towards the atmosphere? They end to explode.

4) If the earth has an edge there would be a point you would be able to witness the water falling off and people falling off a long time ago, where on earth is this point?

In regards to my question about the plane please answer.  

1. To try and make people who believe that the earth is flat (which it is) to look like conspiracy nuts...
WELL IT'S NOT GONNA WORK!

2. Optical illusion

3. because the NASA put bombs on those rockets, blowing them up to keep up the conspiracy

4. because the US wipes people's brains that don't fall off the edge but see it

6 minutes ago, Totally An Admirer said:

Firstly, I have a question for my flat-earhling brothers. Why and how do you believe that earth is flat while all other planets are round? Can you please explain?

Celestia, when she was still at school, was drawing a drawing of Equestria, and accidentally used her planet creating magic on the drawing, instead of the ball with lines and shit on it.

She also protected Earth when her teacher tried to destroy it since Earth, she saw little creatures on it, which we later called ourselves Humans

1 minute ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Celestia, when she was still at school, was drawing a drawing of Equestria, and accidentally used her planet creating magic on the drawing, instead of the ball with lines and shit on it.

She also protected Earth when her teacher tried to destroy it since Earth, she saw little creatures on it, which we later called ourselves Humans

What???? 

:mlp_blink:

:huh:

:awed:

:bea:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, I asked for an explanation, not for.... whatever you did here?

Even if you want to use fiction, please try to make sense for some one else, other than yourself. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Harper said:

1) You haven't answered the question, what purpose would it serve to the government to hide the fact that the earth is flat (which it isn't)?  Everyone used to think the earth was the centre of the universe and our own sun revolved around it, when this was discovered to be false it was shocking for many but it didn't have any negative impact.

But I did answer the question

14 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

To try and make people who believe that the earth is flat (which it is) to look like conspiracy nuts...
WELL IT'S NOT GONNA WORK!

1 minute ago, Totally An Admirer said:

As I remember NASA wasn't there when earth was said to be round for the first time. Explain. :stressed:

Mandela affect, 
NASA created the conspiracy,
They even said themselves that their photos are photoshopped of the earth

Just now, Harper said:

Because when the earth was first discovered to be round, which was hundreds of years ago, NASA wasn't formed?........  :dash:

I do believe earth is round. That question was towards Flathers. (Flat-Earthers)

4 hours ago, Stormfury said:

The Age of Imbecility is real. 

Sadly, yes.

I think it's not worth to argue with Flat Earthers, because they are so convinced of flatness of Earth, they are so fanatic to this conception that you just can't make a flatearther change their opinion. It's not worth to waste energy on... (harsh, warning) waste.

• Brohoof 3

Ohoh, about flat earthers: I really recommend you watching a serie of analizing Flat Earth ideas by polish youtuber SciFun - part 4 and 5 have English subtitles:

Edited by Iam

19 minutes ago, Harper said:

Not really, you answered they want to make you guys look like nuts.  My question was what goal do they achieve by tricking people into the world being round, it is such an arbitrary thing, the shape of a planet, maybe some day we will find a flat planet, heck we have discovered hollow planets, black holes, quasars, pulsars and other fascinating things people didn't think existed, but the simple question is even if the world was flat what bucking difference would it make :squee:

I have worked for the US government. I have held a security clearance. We can't even hide crap like project Northwoods or MK Ultra. Yet somehow people think that every government on earth can work together to hide something that as you say would really be utterly meaningless? Seriously we have some cool tech but there is no bucking way that something that massive could be hidden. Just not gonna work. 

• Brohoof 6

19 hours ago, Iam said:

I watched the 1st half ot the video, I didn't want to waste time on scientificly proved unexistent things.

Flat-Earthers do not accept arguments and questions going against their line of thinking, so you won't get logical answers to them.

I personally believe that the concept of Flat Earth is a sort of social experiment which either got out of control or it was only to check how dumb some people

But if you deny proof, how can you say the earth isn't round? There are some pretty valid points, but it seems like every flat earher just covers their ears and looks the other way. :mlp_confused: I really get the feeling I become dumber with the second I'm with these people. :stressed:

18 hours ago, Califorum said:
18 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

That is true. The earth is neither perfectly round or flat. It's a sphere that has its sides bulging out.

OblateSpheroid_700.gif

Not to this extent, but you get the idea. The moon influences the shape of the earth because gravity and the attraction between the earth and the moon.

Not exactly, it's due to the rotation of the Earth that it causes the bulging. The moon probably has little effect.

If the moon had that effect on the earth, sand in the Sahara would be floating if the moon passed. :mlp_yeehaa: Love to see that!

19 hours ago, Sondash Studios said:

The documentary that I watched, stated that gravity doesn't exist. It depends on density. It depends how heavy you are. Just like birds. They are really light, so their bodies are carried up into the atmosphere because they are light when they flap their wings.

The documentary stated that the earth is flat, with a dome over it, which makes it look like a sphere.

When reading: No offence, but this is my personnal opinion:

Spoiler

Yeah right. How does flapping their wings make them lighter? They fly because air (You believe in air right?) catches their wings. But air doesn't move us humans, not even when we get it in front with much more surface (acreage? IDK). This basically prooves this documentary wrong.

Edited by Hierok

Seriously guys, you don’t have to worry about the Flat Earth people being a thing forever.

Unless the End of Days comes upon us suddenly, Space Tourism is eventually going to be a mainstream thing. Maybe not while you or I are alive, but one day.

And then literally anyone that wants to see it with their own eyes can pay for a trip to the upper atmosphere as if they were going on a sea cruise.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Unless the End of Days comes upon us suddenly, Space Tourism is eventually going to be a mainstream thing. Maybe not while you or I are alive, but one day.

It changes nothing. They will still resort to the mind control and illusion arguement, claiming its just an augmented reality version of a Star Tours ride. The denial system of flat-earthers is designed to automatically disregard all evidence with a single word: conspiracy. Like I said before, pulling off The Matrix would be more beleivable than the elaborate scheming involved in making us think Earth is round, but they don't care. Saying conspiracy is effortless and you get to keep the burden of proof forever on the other side. You can't prove earth is round because you're either blinded by the conspiracy, or a willful participant of it.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 4

When I first heard about Flat Earths, I thought it was just a joke but I can't actually believe these people exist! :dash: :dash: 

One: We have Images of the Earth being round. We've actually got into Space, it's not just a complete lie.

Two: All other Planets in our Solar System are round so why the hell wouldn't Earth? If the Earth was flat then all other Planets would be, including the Sun which I can look up at and see is round with my own eyes. If anything that's just common sense.

Even people hundreds of years ago who used to believe in magic and mythical creatures knew that the Earth wasn't flat. It seems this theory has only really took a big leap in the 21st cencury which makes NO SENSE since we have far more prove then they did back then that the Earth is round.

It seems Flat Earthers have this whole theory that the Government and NASA has been lying to us or something. I mean they're not the most trustworthy people in the world but there is some stuff you can't lie about and the Earth being round is one of them. All you've got to know is basic Physics to understand that.

1 hour ago, Methuselah said:

Belief in a flat Earth is extremely rare. I hope everyone knows that. It's probably about as common as white supremacists in America, to be honest.

Actually, it's not that rare. As for over 250 000 000 Americans, 2% of them believe in Flat Earth: That's 5 million people!

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/09/real-reason-many-people-now-believe-earth-flat-7451315/

23 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Gravity pulls down to the center, correct?

Meaning with a round earth, gravity would force you into the center of the earth, crushing and killing you!

Actually, if the earth was flat, then the gravity would be focused all in the middle. Walking away from the middle would actually be like walking up a steep hill or mountain, therefore making travel to other parts of the world impossible. With that, every single planet we have observed is round and not flat. We have travelled around the earth many times. We have launched people in space and it was shown that the earth is indeed round.

• Brohoof 1