Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flat-Earthers?

heavens-champion

I just like to be open minded and I watched a ton of documentaries and videos that stated flat earth facts and decided for myself if they are true or not. So, km not saying I'm a flat earther, but the idea makes sense to me.

Off-topic, but related to the users answering there: I'm worried that some of the users are going highly off-topic without saying so, also, I'm worried even more, that some people may be not capable of complex understanding of the world. And I'm worried the most about eventaul silent trolls trying to break up this kind and cultural discussion.

About the topic: If the disk was really existent and if the disk would break up under it's own gravity, then we would have very weird gravity conditions, because the further from the center point of disc, the angle of gravity (compared to disc's surface) would rise and rise up to 90 degress on the edge of Antarctica (if we assume that disc have some thickness).

I used to participate in the really early flat-earth communities when I was about 13 or so. I thought it was a joke, but seeing how mainstream it got makes me ashamed.

Image result for mlp ashamed

Edited by Vlazamal
  • Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Iam said:

About the topic: If the disk was really existent and if the disk would break up under it's own gravity, then we would have very weird gravity conditions, because the further from the center point of disc, the angle of gravity (compared to disc's surface) would rise and rise up to 90 degress on the edge of Antarctica (if we assume that disc have some thickness).

• Brohoof 5

Just now, Celli said:

I watched the 1st half ot the video, I didn't want to waste time on scientificly proved unexistent things.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Iam said:

I watched the 1st half ot the video, I didn't want to waste time on scientificly proved unexistent things.

He talks about how gravity would work on disc. Much like you mentioned.

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Gravity pulls down to the center, correct?

Meaning with a round earth, gravity would force you into the center of the earth, crushing and killing you!

Yeah... well it obviously doesn't.

Life evolved on earth's surface under very limited conditions of temperature, pressure, gravity pull, etc. Earth's biodiversity proofs that under different conditions of pressure, illumination and access to food for example, lifeforms adapt to their limited environment. Then it's safe to conclude that lifeforms also adapted to the gravity pull on Earth's surface, and since its pull has a very small variation from the highest mountain to the deepest abyss, then lifeforms variation to Earth's gravity pull are slim to none.

• Brohoof 7

Just now, Harper said:

I have a some questions for ''flat earthers''.

(...)

I believe in each to their own, but flat earth is something I have never understood and one of the least credible theories ever to be presented because it can so easily be disproved. 

Flat-Earthers do not accept arguments and questions going against their line of thinking, so you won't get logical answers to them.

I personally believe that the concept of Flat Earth is a sort of social experiment which either got out of control or it was only to check how dumb some people are.

• Brohoof 1

Here is the a fact, Earth is not flat. It has been proven time and time again by science and logical thinking that the earth can't be in any way flat. Seeing that this is such a widespread belief really makes me somewhat concerned.

The technical term for earth's shape is Oblate Spheroid.

• Brohoof 7

The documentary that I watched, stated that gravity doesn't exist. It depends on density. It depends how heavy you are. Just like birds. They are really light, so their bodies are carried up into the atmosphere because they are light when they flap their wings.

The documentary stated that the earth is flat, with a dome over it, which makes it look like a sphere.

3 minutes ago, Iam said:

Or for short: Geoid 

That is true. The earth is neither perfectly round or flat. It's a sphere that has its sides bulging out.

OblateSpheroid_700.gif

Not to this extent, but you get the idea. The moon influences the shape of the earth because gravity and the attraction between the earth and the moon.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, DonMaguz said:

Yeah... well it obviously doesn't.

Life evolved on earth's surface under very limited conditions of temperature, pressure, gravity pull, etc. Earth's biodiversity proofs that under different conditions of pressure, illumination and access to food for example, lifeforms adapt to their limited environment. Then it's safe to conclude that lifeforms also adapted to the gravity pull on Earth's surface, and since its pull has a very small variation from the highest mountain to the deepest abyss, then lifeforms variation to Earth's gravity pull are slim to none.

If the earth was round the mountains would knock everyone out, because they would fly across the world, 

4 minutes ago, Harper said:

1. Do you honestly believe that every picture taken from out of space by hundreds of satellites are fraudulent? 

2. When looking through a telescope (and you can buy one yourself and check it out) can you see that every other planet is spherical except for earth? 

3. How do time zones exist? 

4. Why do rockets have to curve in order to exit earths atmosphere, if earth was flat why can't they go straight up? 

5. Then of course there are the more commonly used questions which might seem a bit childish like why does water not fall of the edge of the earth.

6. why has no one discovered the edge of the world

7. how can a plane fly either left or right across the world and reach the same destination, for example if America was on the bottom side of the flat earth and Australia was on the top, wouldn't it be technically impossible to ever reach them, does the plane get to the edge of the world and magically pop onto the other side? 

1. Yes

2. yes

3. because governments are nouciances and split the time, rather than using it for unifying the earth

4. NASA have to keep their conspiracy of the earth being round convincing but it is flat!

5. water falls off of the earth, along with the people who discover the earth is flat, water just happens

6. You can stay on the earth ya know by flying, just not when leaving the edge

Just now, TheTaZe said:

That is true. The earth is neither perfectly round or flat. Itss a sphere that has its sides bulging out.

OblateSpheroid_700.gif

Not to this extent, but you get the idea. The moon influences the shape of the earth because gravity and the attraction between the earth and the moon.

Not exactly, it's due to the rotation of the Earth that it causes the bulging. The moon probably has little effect.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Califorum said:

Not exactly, it's due to the rotation of the Earth that it causes the bulging. The moon probably has little effect.

My bad, you are right. I meant the tides are influenced by the moon.

• Brohoof 5

5 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

3. because governments are nouciances and split the time, rather than using it for unifying the earth

Oh...I SO WISH THIS WAS TRUE. When I'm trying to talk to a partner in siberia it can only last for a while before one of us has to go to sleep because of the timezones :(

Edited by Vlazamal
  • Brohoof 3

15 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

The documentary that I watched, stated that gravity doesn't exist. It depends on density. It depends how heavy you are. Just like birds. They are really light, so their bodies are carried up into the atmosphere because they are light when they flap their wings.

And how does that explain how the moon revolvs around the earth? That's pretty good evidence of gravity.

• Brohoof 3

LOL!! Oh man, this makes me laugh. Because I’ve been shaking my head for years about Flat Earthers, but my mom just learned about them last month and her fresh, utter disbelief at their existence was hilarious.

It’s funny that for once I’m jaded and apathetic towards something that’s brand new and deeply concerning for her. The tables have been turned. XD

• Brohoof 5

Why do they believe that the earth is flat? While I do not believe that the earth is flat but I do believe that people's brain are. No offence.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TBD said:

Why do they believe that the earth is flat? While I do not believe that the earth is flat but I do believe that people's brain are. No offence.

I totally get being skeptical. It’s good to question things. And I even have some beliefs that are held in open contempt by other groups of people, no matter what kind of person I actually am.

But at the end of the day, I think it all boils down to two things:

1) People like to think they’re right.

2) People really, REALLY like to to think they’re enlightened. That they’re privy to some secret info that the rest of the “sheeple” just don’t understand.

At the end of the day, I don’t really care. No more than they would care what I think, anyway.

• Brohoof 2

I use to argue with flat earthers online but I pretty much just ignore them these days. I think (hope) most are trolls, because a cheap refractor telescope from Walmart can easily disprove the flat Earth. The easiest experiment is to watch a sailboat or ship go over the horizon. No amount of magnification will bring it back.

• Brohoof 3

Because matter is hollow, photons with accelerated frequency create all known configuarions. It's a dense projection of light, like this delicious sandwich of pickles with mayonnaise, natural ham, purple lettuce, red onion and sweet bread.

All things are and aren't at the same time. Because all object originates from the subject. The object is the subject, and is created and defined by it.

This intelligence could be an interpretation of god, a red blood cell named Tim, an ET or a guy making up conspiracy theories in other side of the world. It doesn't matter what.

So, it's ok whether is round, flat, square, pyramidal or banana shaped. Because the infinite is defined by perception.

For me, of course. I wouldn't want to inflict a violation in the law of free-will.

3 hours ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Gravity pulls down to the center, correct?

Meaning with a round earth, gravity would force you into the center of the earth, crushing and killing you!

What? No! I have a PhD in physics. No!

• Brohoof 3