Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your most wanted newcomers for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

Shadowking58

Who do you want to see in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate? I made a little bit of a list myself as to who I want/who I think has a really good chance of appearing as a new playable character, either as part of the base roster or as DLC. I don't have many characters I want that aren't already in, so my list might be on the shorter side.

4: Shantae the Half Genie Hero

Shantae_artwork.thumb.png.c7ef45d7fbf4552127684451dd522c57.png

While not my most wanted newcomer, I still think she has a really good chance of getting in, with her games starting on Nintendo Handhelds as far back as the Game Boy Color, and a lot of other people want her in as well, it seems. With Shovel Knight being deconfirmed playable it probably boosts her chances of being the first indie character in Smash, and that'd be quite a feat.

3: Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Geno.thumb.png.2c32f19cc938b6010677735e7877affd.png

Geno is another character that A LOT of people want to be in Smash, me included. I'd be happy if he got in because I remember liking Super Mario RPG a whole lot. I played through it the first time in my teenage years and it was a fun game. Anyway, Sakurai has stated that he wants to put Geno in Smash, so I think that it's only a matter of time before Geno gets in. Maybe he'll get his chance this time?

2: Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

Travis_Touchdown_2.thumb.jpg.a0e15f14a19c61d997b703436ea13214.jpg

I hear Sakurai and Suda51 are really good friends, so that makes me think there are chances for Travis Touchdown to appear in Smash Ultimate. Also, the shtick of his new game Travis Strikes Again is basically him going into other game franchises worlds, seems like a very clever way for him to be in Smash Bros. I haven't played his games at all but I think he'd be a unique fighter. They might have to tone him down like they did Bayonetta (albeit still keeping her true to her original series) to keep the age rating though.

And my #1 is...

rayman.thumb.png.f63326b95be282e9d77db23b9f704cc9.png

RAYMAN!

Let me preface this by saying, Rayman is my MOST WANTED newcomer to appear in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! I've played his games growing up, and he is considered a gaming icon (only being 4 years younger than Sonic) and it seems like many others want him in Smash Bros, too. However, it's not just iconic gaming status for the reason why I believe Rayman has the best chance of getting into Smash now than he ever has. To start, Nintendo and Ubisoft have been VERY buddy buddy lately. For one, they created a whole game together. Nintendo let Ubisoft play with one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, and it turned out to be one of the hit strategy game for the Switch! Mario + Rabbids was a really good game, as much as it seemed like it wouldn't be. On top of that, Starfox is appearing as playable in the Nintendo Switch version of Starlink: Battle for Atlas. Which is just another sign of how close Nintendo and Ubisoft are right now. On top of THAT, Rayman Legends, the most recent game in the Rayman series, is actually EXCLUSIVE to the Nintendo Switch IN Japan. That's because Nintendo actually publishes Rayman Legends in Japan, so that's why it's an exclusive there. So yeah, I would LOVE to have Rayman in this game, more than any of the other characters that I've listed. He's easily my most wanted newcomer. Please make it happen Sakurai I'm begging you.

So who do you want to see in Smash Ultimate? Who do you think has a good chance of getting in this time around? (Either as part of the base game or as DLC)

• Brohoof 1

Well for who I really want to see get in to Smash Bros Ultimate would be Agumon from Digimon, even if I know the chances would be very slim.  Given that Konami has two series represented with Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania, and Sega has both Sonic and Bayonetta, I feel like Agumon could make for a good second rep for Bandai Namco which already has Pac-Man.  Plus given that Bandai Namco helped produce Smash 4, I feel like the good terms the company has with Smash could allow for a second rep to get in to Smash, which would make Agumon not an impossible choice.  Plus given that Digimon has been in the spotlight lately with the Digimon Adventure Tri movie series, and the new Adventure series announced lately, as well as the new video game, Digmon Survive coming out soon, I feel the franchise is relevant at this point to make in to Super Smash Bros. 

Also similarly to how when Sonic was added to Brawl and how exciting it was to play out the whole Mario vs Sonic rivalry, how exciting would it be if we could do the same with Pokemon vs Digimon?

And yes, Agumon is a video game character, given the franchise started out as a virtual pet Tamagatchi rip off, which is just as much as a video game as what Mr Game and Watch came from.

Edited by cmarston1

I want Doomguy the most.

image.thumb.png.466cb658b5e44a67e7dda102cf21a69a.png

But if I had to give a non-impossible answer, Isaac from Golden Sun 

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

I would love to see Travis Touchdown too! I Even though gameplay wise I can't imagine him being a stand out character, his personality would more than make up for it.

Personally, I want to see Agumon. He's not my favorite Digimon, that honor probably goes to AtlurKabuterimon, Gallantmon CM or Apocalpymon, but he's easily the most iconic. With all the gag manga and artwork he's been in, he could have a pretty comical moveset too. Like, his down smash could be him pulling meat out of the ground and smacking enemies with it (meat grows from the ground in Digimon). His final smash would be Warp Digivolution, turning into WarGreymon, who could have his own moveset, like:

-Gaia Force

-Slice and Dice

-BRAVE TORNADO

-PUNCH

Outside of Digimon characters, I would love to see Dracula and Billy and Jimmy Lee from Castlevania and Double Dragon respectively. 

I'm not entirely sure, this Smash brings all of my top fighters back in the same game, and a lot of their newcomers have shocked me... especially Simon Belmont. Really the only people I hope to see are Shantae, Tails, and Rayman, since it would makes sense to add them. I'm also hoping the Skull Kid returns as an assist trophy... though I'm guessing they're replacing him with Midna. I at least hope he makes a cameo with the Moon assist trophy.

4 hours ago, Shadowking58 said:

Geno is another character that A LOT of people want to be in Smash, me included. I'd be happy if he got in because I remember liking Super Mario RPG a whole lot. I played through it the first time in my teenage years and it was a fun game. Anyway, Sakurai has stated that he wants to put Geno in Smash, so I think that it's only a matter of time before Geno gets in. Maybe he'll get his chance this time?

I was about to says its probably unlikely that they'll add him since Square Enix owns the rights to him... then I realized they put Cloud in the game. So I'd say chances of Geno becoming a playable character, are likely. Though I feel its more likely they'll make him an assist trophy.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Rayman appear in Ultimate, as I think that they could do some really interesting things with him. Aside from that, I'm actually content with the current roster. The other newcomers which I wanted to see, ended up being announced. 

... Although I also would have liked to see Waluigi added, but it's no big affair. 

I'd like to see the Yoshi and Wario franchises get new additions seeing as both have plenty of potential characters. While I'm not familiar with the Yoshi series--aside from one or two games here and there--I'm definitely familiar with the crazy shenanigans of both Wario Land and Wario Ware. If I could choose a character from Wario's cavalcade of unique characters, I would choose Mona as she is perhaps one of the more fleshed out characters. Plus, Ashley was already confirmed as an Assist Trophy again while Kat & Ana are likely to come back in the same fashion as before.

This:

cb9d008a420f5ab06ff70f8c8624acc43cfe5c88

As for others that aren't memes, I would like to see Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Mario, Banjo and Kazooie, Geno (somebody said somewhere that he may get announced in the future), and (now that the OP mentions it), it would also be nice to see Shantae

Edited by Barik, the Master Mechanic
  • Brohoof 1

Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, and Frank West are my top picks.

But, I'd also like to see some wtf/oddball characters.
So.

Reggie, Cooking Mama, Bubsy, and Spongebob/Shrek.

Isaac from Golden Sun. I have wanted this character so badly since I played Golden Sun way back in 2002. All signs point toward him having done pretty well on the Ballot, so, please. Don't overlook him this time.

Okay, when I first came here I kinda lazily replied not thinking of who I wanted to really see. Now that I've gotten quite a bit of time to think about it I realized there are more characters I'd like to see other than Shantae, Tails, and Rayman.

Firstly I think Paper Mario would make an amazing fighter. He has a lot of history as a Nintendo character, with two RPGs, one platformer, and two lazily done RPG/card games. He could easily make his own character. Despite being Mario, his games play very differently from a traditional Mario game. There are so many possibilities with this one character.

Secondly, I'd have to go with Banjo, I get he's Microsoft's property now... but with how good of a relationship Nintendo is with them, I think all they'd really need to do is ask nicely.

And my last pick, I'd really love to see the Hat Kid. Probably one of the most popular indie characters next to Shovel Knight. Since they're porting the game over to Switch, the likeliness of her being in the game increases a bit. Though I'm doubting she'll make the roster... but at least make her an Assist Trophy.

Edited by Snow Frostflame

My most wanted newcomer King K Rool is already in the game, so I'm set. 

All I would really ask for now is the playable Waddle Dee from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Paper Mario, Decidueye, and Isaac from Golden Sun.

As for people talking about Banjo, I would absolutely love that, but I'm not thinking he's that likely. Same goes for Geno. I would like to see a credible source that Masahiro Sakurai actually said that he wanted him in, if that's not asking too much.

• 1 month later...

Well the last direct is past and all the fighters are set in stone. Any future ones will be dlc. I'm excited for the game, and Adventure mode is coming back which is awesome. 

I'd like for Smash Bros to become considerably less Nintendo-centric. Bring in some popular characters from other games. We all know we want to see Spyro in Smash Bros.

I'd also like to see actual Baten Kaitos characters instead of there just being soundtracks from the series. Maybe more Sonic characters.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:45 AM, Discordian said:

We all know we want to see Spyro in Smash Bros

Oh please, I want to see Crash Bandicoot in Smash more than Spyro :derp: