Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone else hate 'Time to Be Awesome"?

heavens-champion

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else hate Time to Be Awesome?

Edit: Okay. I'm sorry I posted this thread. I'll try to like to like the song. I just wanted Rainbow Dash to do more because she's one of my favorite characters.

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

No? It's a catchy song, I'm not sure why it being "The only useful thing Rainbow does" is a good reason to hate the song. You could argue the same for "One Small thing" for Pinkie honestly, doesn't stop it from being a good song.

I just don't like it, okay. Catchy or not, I just don't like it.

Just now, heavens-champion said:

I just don't like it, okay. Catchy or not, I just don't like it.

Okay? It's fine if you just don't like the song, but you put a reason up as to why you didn't before you edited it out and I thought that reason was kind of flawed and a strange reason to hate the song itself. If you just subjectively don't like the song because you don't, then fine.

Just now, BasementSparkle said:

Okay? It's fine if you just don't like the song, but you put a reason up as to why you didn't before you edited it out and I thought that reason was kind of flawed and a strange reason to hate the song itself. If you just subjectively don't like the song because you don't, then fine.

I'll try to like it. Besides, I thought I deleted that reason after remembering that Rainbow Dash saved Twilight from getting turned to stone.

• 2 weeks later...

That's my best friend's favorite song of the movie. :dry:

Being serious, don't force yourself to like it because of peer pressure. If you don't enjoy something, you should feel free to tell people so and why, even as we reserve the right to offer our own opinions and debate your reasons. One of my favorite brony musicians, 4everfreebrony, isn't a fan of most songs from the show and people are totally cool with him having that opinion. And between you and me, I like most of the songs in the movie better than Time to Be Awesome, so I'm sure your opinion isn't too unpopular. ^_^

Edited by CloudMistDragon
one minor capitalization error :P

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like Dash has often gotten a majority of the weaker songs. Not just in the movie.

Even the one time she finally got to do something metal (which IMO is the genre where she should really shine) in "Rainbow Rocks," the song was meant to be a trainwreck.

Also, what a perfect time to bring some genuine metal into MLP and they didn't take the opportunity. Come to think of it though the overall diversity in music genres in the film seemed to be lacking compared to what we've gotten from the show.

Edited by BornAgainBrony
  • Brohoof 1

On 8/24/2018 at 11:46 AM, heavens-champion said:

Edit: Okay. I'm sorry I posted this thread. I'll try to like to like the song. I just wanted Rainbow Dash to do more because she's one of my favorite characters.

You're crazy if you hate that song, it's one of the best songs in the whole movie

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 2:46 PM, heavens-champion said:

I don't hate it, but it's just not my favorite. I think Sia's Rainbow is the most beautiful one in the film.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You’re not alone. I didn’t like any of the movie’s songs aside from Rainbow and Off To See The World. The second one only heard in the credits and the OST.

• 2 months later...