Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm even more concerned about G5's diversity issue, here's why

Plonkett

Diversity isn't inherently bad - forced diversity is. There is often a tendency to confuse the two. Forced diversity is where the developers of a movie, TV show, video game, etc. force the characters to be diverse, and they do this to avoid criticism or for another motive, such as a political agenda. For example, Disney's "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" exhibited forced diversity because they wanted to convey the political message that slavery, feminism, and racial discrimination is bad. While that political message isn't bad, forcing it is because it often causes inconsistencies, narrative errors, and annoyance towards viewers, such as in the case of "The Last Jedi".

In G5's case, it does not force diversity because no inconsistencies, major narrative errors, and annoyance towards viewers were caused.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, EpicEnergy said:

Diversity isn't inherently bad - forced diversity is. There is often a tendency to confuse the two. Forced diversity is where the developers of a movie, TV show, video game, etc. force the characters to be diverse, and they do this to avoid criticism or for another motive, such as a political agenda. For example, Disney's "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" exhibited forced diversity because they wanted to convey the political message that slavery, feminism, and racial discrimination is bad. While that political message isn't bad, forcing it is because it often causes inconsistencies, narrative errors, and annoyance towards viewers, such as in the case of "The Last Jedi".

Just like High Guardian Spice is, and NOT 3D Colorful Horses :fluttershy: (not “pastel” because their colors are more neutral :dash:)

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

In G5's case, it does not force diversity because no inconsistencies, major narrative errors, and annoyance towards viewers were caused.

Yes, as long as quality is not sacrificed for corporate grandstanding, we don't care. :) Can we please move on now? 

• Brohoof 2

Diversity for the sake of diversity is inherently negative to me. It is incredibly corny when there is a diverse cast without substance or corporate oversight. I don't have anything against diversity as long as it provides meaningful and interesting interactions. If they are diverse simply for diverse than to me it is nothing but corporate.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Miss said:

. And idk where you were looking but I also saw a good amount of praise for the show. 

Crunchyrol reviews seems to be mostly negative, save of course the out of touch “professional critics”, woke audience, and the writers, which of course they only preside their “diversity points” instead of the (bad) quality of the show. Bad animation, bad voice work, and cringe writing made by people who clearly have no social skills, and yes, I’ve seen the videos >_>. they are gaslighting in twisting negative reviews are made by phobes, of course :dash:. It’s clearly a show with no heart :proud:
Thank Celestia, despite our legitimate concerns about the possibility of G5 falling into the same crap, ended up unfounded :yay:. Lauren Faust put heart into FIM. The writers after her departure put heart as well. Later seasons..... kinda mixed, but still had heart at times. G5, how it began? As an animated film, it may not be entirely original, with elements you can find in many other animated films, maybe; it honors G4 while at the same time wanna stand out instead of being stuck in it’s shadow. But G5 has something. IT. HAS. HEART. And I, and surely most of us who still keep FIM in our memory, will be looking forward for more 3D horses :proud:

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
On 2021-10-30 at 8:53 PM, The Wife of Hawks said:

Locking this thread temporarily.

Should really lock this thread permanently. When it comes to reactionaries and media, they can't help but be mad about it, when it spreads a message contrary to their ideals.

• Brohoof 4

On 2021-10-30 at 5:42 PM, EpicEnergy said:

Disney is also the same company that will proclaim time and time again to be pro-LGBT but makes sure to also have any little bits of LGBT inclusion easily edited out in other places. All they care about is money. Last Jedi had a lot more problems than just "forced diversity". It also had this little problem called "Having no actual point or vision whatsoever." 

My main issue with the logic of "Diversity isn't bad, forced diversity is bad" is that now with the "anti woke" being what it is, to them it very much seems like the line where "forced diversity" ends and "good diversity" begins doesn't even exist. The trailer for the new Saint's Row game has been demonized as "woke" by the internet seemingly for having a black woman center stage in it. Even though black women have been main characters in the series before. Same with Asian men and women. All I see from that is; Woke = "I hate seeing this minority."

It honestly frustrates me even more that so many people save such vitriol for LGBT people and the like, instead of using such intense spite against the many real problems that plague this world. 

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-10-30 at 6:37 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Thank Celestia, despite our legitimate concerns about the possibility of G5 falling into the same crap, ended up unfounded :yay:. Lauren Faust put heart into FIM. The writers after her departure put heart as well. Later seasons..... kinda mixed, but still had heart at times. G5, how it began? As an animated film, it may not be entirely original, with elements you can find in many other animated films, maybe; it honors G4 while at the same time wanna stand out instead of being stuck in it’s shadow. But G5 has something. IT. HAS. HEART. And I, and surely most of us who still keep FIM in our memory, will be looking forward for more 3D horses :proud:

You keep going on and on,, but like I said before I disagree with everything your saying. You can stop quoting me now. 

• The topic was locked