Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Big Project to Impress my friends

Dakcka

Hello, my fellow bronies and pegasisters, boy, do I have a proposition for you! 

Alright I'll skip the cringe and cut to the chase. My friends and I are absolutely obsessed with Dungeons and Dragons, and have run many different campaigns over the last couple years. My career as a DM has not been fantastic, but I do believe I can take it all back with one final reach for the top. 

For a bit of background, the first ever campaign we did was DM'ed by me. It was fun beyond all belief, and I did not mind DMing it at all! But it got very convoluted with story stuff later on, and I didn't know where I was taking it so I scrapped it. Cut to now, and I think I can revive that campaign, revise it almost completely while also appealing to my friend's nostalgia. But I don't wanna just suddenly say "Hey guys... I'm gonna redo this campaign." I wanna introduce it with a bang. 

My first idea was to pay some animators to make my stuff... but then I looked at how much they cost and I almost exploded because I don't make that much as of right now. So that's why I am here. To get some help from the very talented people we have here, and I know that there is people with varying talent who could definitely help me. (Bold options are ones that I for sure need and as a whole take priority in my selection process)

I am in need of:

x1 Animator (x1 is not a demand, I just figure a lot of animators probably work alone.) For doing a 30 or so second animation that hypes the fudge out of my friends and gives a vibe of the somewhat dark theme. Style that I'm semi-thinking of is Darkest Dungeon's opening cutscene, but if you can't/don't want to do something to that scale it is obviously fine. 

x1 Voiceover Artist: For doing the edgy dark voiceover in the animation. It does NOT have to be a specific gender for this role, but just hit me up before with what you think your strong suits are so I can fit a script to your vocal style. Still has to be semi-edgy, though. 

x? Artists: This one is not mandatory, but it'd be for things like maps, NPC designs, maybe some custom weapon designs, etc.

x? Musician: Of course we need some cool soundtrack to go over the trailer, but I am also wondering if by chance someone who is trying to get their start in instrumental music could help me out with songs to backtrack our campaigns to make it feel more unique. 

x? Smarty Writers: This one is less of a requirement and more of a bonus, as if I could have someone to not criticize my work, but critique it, and maybe give pointers instead of bashing it to make it better. 

x? D&D Nerds: Ok the name for this one is dumb but it's all I can think of. Someone who could help out with giving cool concepts for sessions, or cool weapon or NPC ideas would be awesome! Also I'm tweaking some of the mechanics in D&D so someone who could help me think of an effective way to do so would be awesome. 

I feel like a meanie for posting this and asking for people to help me out for free, and I'm sad that I can't offer more to compensate, but I think this would also be a pretty neat way to meet some new friends and such. The main draw to this is that I don't need it to be the most professional thing in the world, so if you're just getting started and don't feel like taking on extremely difficult tasks, this would be a good way to start getting into requests and commissions and such. Finally, I also do think that regardless of what you contribute, the final product would be an AWESOME reference for people to put in commission shops, or even if you're going into one of these fields professionally, you could use the final product there too! 

*Final note just in case it wasn't apparent, the only people who will be viewing this are the people involved, me, and my friends (in person). If you contributed there will be credits. ^^ I look forward to potentially meeting people!

@Dakcka What are you exactly needing help with? maybe i read over it but i can't see what the actual project will be.

And also, I am not sure you will get all you are looking for here honestly.

We have 1 musician i know of here. Not too many people are keen on voice acting, Animation is very hard and time-consuming, and this is not a D&D forum.

I do novice work Graphic Design and i can't even find anyone here to do work for, so i doubt you will find people to work for you.

But also again, not clear on what you are actually asking to be done.

Edited by Unity

19 minutes ago, Unity said:

@Dakcka What are you exactly needing help with? maybe i read over it but i can't see what the actual project will be.

And also, I am not sure you will get all you are looking for here honestly.

We have 1 musician i know of here. Not too many people are keen on voice acting, Animation is very hard and time-consuming, and this is not a D&D forum.

I do novice work Graphic Design and i can't even find anyone here to do work for, so i doubt you will find people to work for you.

But also again, not clear on what you are actually asking to be done.

A trailer-style thing for my D&D campaign I am going to be showing my friends to hype up our D&D campaign. Also in regards to not finding everyone I need here, that's always a possibility, but I'm posting everywhere to try and get help ^^