Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There is no best pony

ManaMinori

Subjective argument is subjective. And hasn't the series made it clear that the mane 6 are best when together? This is evident by use of the Elements of harmony- no one pny has the power to independently activate them, rather, it takes all 6 working together, sharing the same thought in order to power them. So basically, best "pony' is the Tree of Harmony.

• Brohoof 2

I mean, it's clear that it's just another way of saying "this is my favorite pony"

Just that some people feel the need to be huge snobs and douchebags about it

• Brohoof 9

I agree, I have truly never been a fan of the whole "best pony" thing either. Some people just use the term in good fun, which is cool. Other times, however, even when they don't mean it, it comes off as pompous and elitist when they try to turn it into a serious argument and even occasionally resort to bashing the other characters. :mlp_wat:  Like, any "best pony" argument can be replicated with another character, it's not difficult to do. :maud: I always prefer to say "my favorite pony" to at least acknowledge that it's just my opinion and be humble.

The 'best pony' narrative tends to work best when it gets brought up as a fun opinion. It's when it becomes a flame war that the idea quickly becomes invalid and does nothing but cause misery to a lot of people.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah there is no need to argue as once you've seen the superiority of one character over another and your resolve is solid it loses its meaning. Sometimes people who feel the need of putting others down in order to rise their characters, they might not have strong enough resolve to stand with their character and in order to solidify their position to themselves and others they resort to those tactics.

So basically it might come down to your own resolve and doing it for your own sake, which I think is one of the main reasons why people do anything in their lives. They are just fighting against themselves in a battle of resolves and meanings that they put behind different things. 

I think those are the factors at play here. How you manage them is your own decision and I urge you to monitor your values and check how they actually affect you and your choices. Keeping those in check can reduce the stress and other stuff like that significantly.

"When everybodypony's super best pony, no one is." - The Incredible's Syndrome.

Also...

Spoiler

Recent S8 spoiler...

Spoiler

Yona would disagree about the title.

Honestly, I think it's just a funny way to claim a preference.

Y'all don't need to argue. It's pointless when we all know who is truly the Best Pony....

...this sexy stallion right here :orly:

paintastic20180822_130907.thumb.png.821ad62375cf60c262465ad78454b80e.png

Edited by Lucky Bolt