Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Life in Canterlot Castle OOC

Lucid_Nightlight

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

He meant that is Somnus would be pretty angry if Rose went too far with Ruby.

Then I guess Ruby shouldn't go too far with Rose. Don't get me wrong, but Rose is currently trying to avoid Ruby as much as she can so everything goes well.

@Lucid_Nightlight
It kinda hinders Ruby's development that nothing leads to anything....the hole thing, it lead to nothing, if we removed it from between, nothing would be different besides few comments made by Ruby, and now this, you could cut the whole from argument to rush of emotion thing and nothing would change. I don't know exactly where it should go from those, but it seems that they get pretty much forgotten after few posts. 

14 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight
It kinda hinders Ruby's development that nothing leads to anything....the hole thing, it lead to nothing, if we removed it from between, nothing would be different besides few comments made by Ruby, and now this, you could cut the whole from argument to rush of emotion thing and nothing would change. I don't know exactly where it should go from those, but it seems that they get pretty much forgotten after few posts. 

Any idea on what we could do to develop things further?

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

47 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Any idea on what we could do to develop things further?

Not as certain actions no, but what I think is that certain facts should be more apparent, 1. Somnus likes/loves Ruby, it should show in more forms than he saying it and now and then "narrator" telling it, aka, by his actions.

2. I assume he still feels bad for what happened, that would be good to show more too, ways to do that would be he bringing what happened up, trying to explain one self...etc. things that in real life you would do if you make your loved one angry and or hurt

3. Ruby is developing feelings, and thus there's fight between her new emotions, her mind/heart shaped by her emotionless life, and pride (she obviously doesn't want to just admit that she's struggling), so the emotion needs to be forced out by outside force at the moment, which has gotten lot easier for Somnus to do since Ruby is soft towards him.

The biggest problem we have is that...
Something big happens -> the situation calms down -> our characters talk normally like they have done since the first post.

Example:

"Unsure where your food comes from? That's a bit unsettling. Also, you'd they'd put a fire extinguisher in here."

"I gotta ask, are you the one filling up all the complaint boxes?"

"Not only unsure, I have no idea where it comes from, but don't worry, it's not pony, I can tell from experience." Ruby smirked, "And Fire extinguishers aren't that useful against my flames as you think, but I guess you could try to suffocate me with it."

Ruby looked confused after the guard's box comment "Complaint boxes? what?" "I have no Idea what you're talking about."

"You've seemed pretty concerned about ponies jumping off the ship in a panic. Probably an issue that we ponies gotta fix."

"Actually it was more about the fact that the boat would burn and fall to the ground." Ruby corrected "For more selfish point, I can't fly either due my broken wing, so it would have been very unfortunate situation." her tone was unusually friendly

"Fair enough."

He'd have to work more on the sympathy thing later.

"Well, I guess we gotta figure out what to do next."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Not as certain actions no, but what I think is that certain facts should be more apparent, 1. Somnus likes/loves Ruby, it should show in more forms than he saying it and now and then "narrator" telling it, aka, by his actions.

2. I assume he still feels bad for what happened, that would be good to show more too, ways to do that would be he bringing what happened up, trying to explain one self...etc. things that in real life you would do if you make your loved one angry and or hurt

3. Ruby is developing feelings, and thus there's fight between her new emotions, her mind/heart shaped by her emotionless life, and pride (she obviously doesn't want to just admit that she's struggling), so the emotion needs to be forced out by outside force at the moment, which has gotten lot easier for Somnus to do since Ruby is soft towards him.

The biggest problem we have is that...
Something big happens -> the situation calms down -> our characters talk normally like they have done since the first post.

Alright, seems like an easy fix :)

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

He wasn't really sure about what else to do.

Just wondering if you had any plans for the gift that Somnus got for Ruby

On 11/10/2018 at 10:45 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus went off for a few moments and he could be seen putting something in his saddlebag as he returned. Probably a gift for later.

I'm not hurrying you with it, just wanted to know if you have plans, are trying to come up with something, or just forgot :P (Though my next post could lead to situation perfect for a apology gift :P )

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Just wondering if you had any plans for the gift that Somnus got for Ruby

I'm not hurrying you with it, just wanted to know if you have plans, are trying to come up with something, or just forgot :P (Though my next post could lead to situation perfect for a apology gift :P )

I've been looking for a good time to use the gift. I'd say that your next post seems like a great idea.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I've been looking for a good time to use the gift. I'd say that your next post seems like a great idea.

Well, I wouldn't say that right after the post is good place necessary, but it can lead to good moment after few posts.

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Well, I wouldn't say that right after the post is good place necessary, but it can lead to good moment after few posts.

Alright, sounds good to me :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
5 hours ago, Aurora Lights said:

Yes, I'd like to apply with my character, Aurän Longwing. here is his Character Sheet: 

@Emperor Blu Traincrown @Catpone Cerberus and @Will Guide are the people in this at the moment.

Feel free to ask them if you want. As long as the person you ask agrees, you will be allowed to roleplay with that person. :)

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Emperor Blu Traincrown @Catpone Cerberus and @Will Guide are the people in this at the moment.

Feel free to ask them if you want. As long as the person you ask agrees, you will be allowed to roleplay with that person. :)

I See. Thank you!

20 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

@Lucid_Nightlight @Will Guide I'm heading to bed. See you guys tomorrow! :) 

On 11/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

On 11/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, Will Guide said:

@Lucid_Nightlight @Emperor Blu Traincrown

Can Changeling Will grow in size from Blu's love until he's as big as the Alicorn visitor?

Would any of you like to start a RP with me?

Just now, Aurora Lights said:

Yes, a high ranking one at that, he'll be a Throne Guardian. That's where I'll introduce him.

Fair enough. Perhaps you'd like your OC to be introduced to the Captain of the Royal Guards, Rose Spear? She replaced Shining Armor since he went to the Crystal Empire.

1953677861_GeneralRoseSpear(side)2.thumb.png.b96802eeeb4c3935f6f11ce2523a394a.png