Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Life in Canterlot Castle OOC

Lucid_Nightlight

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

That's what I was noticing also. What's your idea?

I was planning that the next time Somnus leaves Ruby alone for reason or another (original plan being during the night) when he would come back, he would come back to Ruby not being in the treasury, and no pony would really know where she is, until in a way or another it would come to his knowledge that she's on the top of the Canterlot's mountain.

her reasoning for being there would come up when Somnus presumably would fly there and ask.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

I was planning that the next time Somnus leaves Ruby alone for reason or another (original plan being during the night) when he would come back, he would come back to Ruby not being in the treasury, and no pony would really know where she is, until in a way or another it would come to his knowledge that she's on the top of the Canterlot's mountain.

I'm guessing Somnus is then supposed to go up there and see what is wrong?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Yes, as I have understood that he's somepony who would do that.

You guessed correctly. :)

Should we use Ruby's tiredness as a reason for Somnus to head home and then we do a time skip where Somnus finds Ruby not in the treasury?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Wasn't sure if I was supposed to interact more with the guards to look for Ruby or not. If that's what you were looking for, feel to me know and I'll change my reply. :)

Well, It's aright to me in any way, but something that could be added would be that somepony saw her leaving the treasury in her pony form with Calti, but doesn't know where she was going, and didn't ask because she looked like she didn't want company. 

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I think Somnus unlocked a bunch of emotions Ruby never knew she had.

How exactly does Arrow know that? Because it isn't something that has come up in interactions between Ruby and Arrow, so either he has gathered information he has no way of knowing or Ruby will be quite pissed at Somnus.

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

How exactly does Arrow know that? Because it isn't something that has come up in interactions between Ruby and Arrow, so either he has gathered information he has no way of knowing or Ruby will be quite pissed at Somnus.

Huh, I guess I should've thought about that. :adorkable:

I could alter the response or just say he's making wild guesses based on the airship report or the fact Somnus seemed to probably not get eaten. Arrow does have a habit of jumping to conclusions, so we could also say he got really lucky with his guess. Or we could say Arrow knows Somnus' intentions on helping Ruby and assumed that Somnus made progress.

If you'd like me to change it or come up with a reason Arrow knows, let me know and I'll do that.

46 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I could alter the response or just say he's making wild guesses based on the airship report or the fact Somnus seemed to probably not get eaten. Arrow does have a habit of jumping to conclusions, so we could also say he got really lucky with his guess. Or we could say Arrow knows Somnus' intentions on helping Ruby and assumed that Somnus made progress.

If you'd like me to change it or come up with a reason Arrow knows, let me know and I'll do that.

At least the wording should be changed in my opinion, because "I think this happened." doesn't really sound like a guess or jumping to conclusion. At least he should say why he thinks so.

The reason why I pointed this out is because the captain knowing about that detail would have rather dire consequences for Somnus's and Ruby's relationship and Ruby's actions in general, because her worst enemy knowing something like that is the last thing she wants.

I'm not saying the captain shouldn't know, as the point of RP is to have things happen, but there needs to be a real reason why Arrow knows about it well enough to tell it to the Captain due to its big effect on my character. 

26 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

At least the wording should be changed in my opinion, because "I think this happened." doesn't really sound like a guess or jumping to conclusion. At least he should say why he thinks so.

The reason why I pointed this out is because the captain knowing about that detail would have rather dire consequences for Somnus's and Ruby's relationship and Ruby's actions in general, because her worst enemy knowing something like that is the last thing she wants.

I'm not saying the captain shouldn't know, as the point of RP is to have things happen, but there needs to be a real reason why Arrow knows about it well enough to tell it to the Captain due to its big effect on my character. 

Alright, I'll put a proper reason why Arrow was able to figure this stuff out on his own.

We could say he was able to put two and two together with the report about the airship, seeing Somnus and Ruby seeming to be on good terms when Arrow and Rose showed up to confront Somnus.

Plus the part where they were basically standing around while Somnus and Ruby were talking. We could say Arrow picked up on the good relations Somnus and Ruby have by listening to them talk.

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

We could say he was able to put two and two together with the report about the airship, seeing Somnus and Ruby seeming to be on good terms when Arrow and Rose showed up to confront Somnus.

Plus the part where they were basically standing around while Somnus and Ruby were talking. We could say Arrow picked up on the good relations Somnus and Ruby have by listening to them talk

Sure, he most likely can tell they are getting along, but that still doesn't go to "unlocked new emotions she didn't even know herself about" Since as far as Arrow knows they could have always been there or Ruby is just acting for reason or another.

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Sure, he most likely can tell they are getting along, but that still doesn't go to "unlocked new emotions she didn't even know herself about" Since as far as Arrow knows they could have always been there or Ruby is just acting for reason or another.

Yeah, I'll just change it to where Arrow makes the wrong assumption and claims Ruby is acting. It could create an interesting tension between the two groups.

Like Arrow could think Somnus is in danger and later on if they are confronted, Somnus could think Arrow is out to get Ruby.

• Brohoof 1