Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Life in Canterlot Castle OOC

Lucid_Nightlight

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

I've recently had an idea. What if we use this journey to the wyvern kingdom as way to make some sort of progress between Ruby and Somnus? Perhaps this could also give more ways to show the true nature of both characters.

I'm aright with that. Though I need to mention that only way to progress ruby's opinion on Somnus is what she said, he needs to be less unintelligent, because like I have stated before, Ruby is already out of character for being with him this long, and falling truly in love with a pony that is the worst example of what makes her see ponies in so low worth goes so beyond her original character that I just don't enjoy playing it.

I know it is meant as a way of humor that he acts almost childishly, but it just doesn't work if Ruby is supposed to actually love him, and to be honest, like with the random ponies appearing to ruin the moment, it has gotten old.

Now, he of course just can't magically know things he doesn't know, but he doesn't need to know things to be intelligent.

Also, unfortunately my reply will go until tomorrow, I haven't really been on the mood or had time to reply to any RPs

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

I'm aright with that. Though I need to mention that only way to progress ruby's opinion on Somnus is what she said, he needs to be less unintelligent, because like I have stated before, Ruby is already out of character for being with him this long, and falling truly in love with a pony that is the worst example of what makes her see ponies in so low worth goes so beyond her original character that I just don't enjoy playing it.

I know it is meant as a way of humor that he acts almost childishly, but it just doesn't work if Ruby is supposed to actually love him, and to be honest, like with the random ponies appearing to ruin the moment, it has gotten old.

Now, he of course just can't magically know things he doesn't know, but he doesn't need to know things to be intelligent.

Also, unfortunately my reply will go until tomorrow, I haven't really been on the mood or had time to reply to any RPs

I can see how having Somnus the way he is now could pose an issue. What I'll do is start showing more of the intelligent side of Somnus with his more redeeming qualities so that Ruby actually has a reason to like him. This way we can have everyone in character and make it to where playing these characters can be enjoyable.

And as for the random encounters, I completely agree with you on that one. I won't make anymore unimportant characters show up for no reason from now on. Any encounter in the future will have some sort of build-up and actually have significance to the story.

On an unrelated note... What was I thinking when I decided to bring in Philip? :huh:

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I can see how having Somnus the way he is now could pose an issue. What I'll do is start showing more of the intelligent side of Somnus with his more redeeming qualities so that Ruby actually has a reason to like him. This way we can have everyone in character and make it to where playing these characters can be enjoyable.

And as for the random encounters, I completely agree with you on that one. I won't make anymore unimportant characters show up for no reason from now on. Any encounter in the future will have some sort of build-up and actually have significance to the story.

On an unrelated note... What was I thinking when I decided to bring in Philip? :huh:

I also will see what happens with the catpony I brought in, he won't appear for sake of it again, but due to his connection to Ruby (and the other characters I have brought in.) he may appear again.

I personally don't care what you do with Philip, since like Calti and Fluffball,he can be just...not mentioned when he's meaningless for the story.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

Thinking of dipping a hoof into here. Question though: Could I get a recap of what's been going on in the RP so far? 

There is no story for the roleplay as a whole, it really depends on who you roleplay with.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight
I just got an idea, what if at some point of the RP Ruby's mother would appear leading to confrontation between them?

Sounds interesting. Maybe during this time one of Somnus' real parents can be revealed also. It would make for an interesting conflict.

26 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Sounds interesting. Maybe during this time one of Somnus' real parents can be revealed also. It would make for an interesting conflict.

Well, between Ruby and her mother it would most likely just be insults and a fight. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Quick question, what would you say would be a good example of showing Somnus' intelligence? Should I try having him show more of a willingness to listen to what Ruby has to say?

Though agreeing with Ruby would help her to like Somnus more, it really would do the opposite of showing his intelligence, since it would show that Ruby was right yet again. (Though they really should start agreeing more)

I have to admit that I haven't really thought about specific examples, but at the moment there is two things I see that would help. Either he needs to prove Ruby wrong/come up with something she can't argue anything against, which can be challenging considering her view of the world and twisted logic. or show knowledge of or do something that is purely smart, what I mean with that is that it needs to be something that can't be dismissed based on use of weapons, magic or other things, that works because it is smart.

I was thinking that if nothing else, he could show something at the moment when Ruby's mother appears, though he can't be too good at that point because if Ruby was to feel that Somnus stole the satisfaction of dealing with her mother, she would be mad to say the least. (especially since it won't be as easy as it has been with the two other attackers.)

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Though agreeing with Ruby would help her to like Somnus more, it really would do the opposite of showing his intelligence, since it would show that Ruby was right yet again. (Though they really should start agreeing more)

I have to admit that I haven't really thought about specific examples, but at the moment there is two things I see that would help. Either he needs to prove Ruby wrong/come up with something she can't argue anything against, which can be challenging considering her view of the world and twisted logic. or show knowledge of or do something that is purely smart, what I mean with that is that it needs to be something that can't be dismissed based on use of weapons, magic or other things, that works because it is smart.

I was thinking that if nothing else, he could show something at the moment when Ruby's mother appears, though he can't be too good at that point because if Ruby was to feel that Somnus stole the satisfaction of dealing with her mother, she would be mad to say the least. (especially since it won't be as easy as it has been with the two other attackers.)

Hmm, having  Somnus convince Ruby of something would be difficult. As for doing something purely smart, I'm a little lost on what do. What exactly does Ruby consider to be smart?

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Hmm, having  Somnus convince Ruby of something would be difficult. As for doing something purely smart, I'm a little lost on what do. What exactly could I have Somnus do that is purely smart?

(bit busy so won't reply to the RP until later, and most likely will head to bed soon after it)

i have kinda made it hard I noticed, but that is what happens when character goes bit out of character momentarily, but I can try to explain it better. When I say something that isn't required to have weapon, I don't mean it can't have a weapon. Good example would be for example actually showing the tactic skills. Again, this could happen during the mother thing, that I was thinking would happen soon since they stopped. Regardless if it's the mother or not it most likely should be in combat of some sort. 

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

(bit busy so won't reply to the RP until later, and most likely will head to bed soon after it)

i have kinda made it hard I noticed, but that is what happens when character goes bit out of character momentarily, but I can try to explain it better. When I say something that isn't required to have weapon, I don't mean it can't have a weapon. Good example would be for example actually showing the tactic skills. Again, this could happen during the mother thing, that I was thinking would happen soon since they stopped. Regardless if it's the mother or not it most likely should be in combat of some sort. 

Actually showing the tactic skills would actually be a good idea since this is part of his character. As for Ruby's mother, we could have Somnus keep a defensive or distraction role so that he can use his skills without taking away Ruby's opportunity.

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Actually showing the tactic skills would actually be a good idea since this is part of his character. As for Ruby's mother, we could have Somnus keep a defensive or distraction role so that he can use his skills without taking away Ruby's opportunity.

That would work, mostly the distraction, because as is to be explained when she appears, Somnus really can't do that much to her in matter of defense. I'd say that Ruby first tells Somnus to stay out of it, but he comes in when Ruby is pretty obviously losing.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

That would work, mostly the distraction, because as is to be explained when she appears, Somnus really can't do that much to her in matter of defense. I'd say that Ruby first tells Somnus to stay out of it, but he comes in when Ruby is pretty obviously losing.

Sounds good to me. :)

• Brohoof 1