Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something Chaotic This Way Come

"Looks like we might be due for a big ol' storm of chaos!"

discord_by_seahawk270-dacxh57.png

Or at least... I hope so. :muffins:

I'm new to these introductions, but I will do my best for the sake of the person I want you all to meet (or in the case of many of you who have been here for a while, reacquaint yourself with). One thing I've learned since we've opened the Golden Oaks Library is that it's going to take a lot of effort from more than just me to make it fun and accessible to everyone, including our readers. So for that purpose, I'm hiring up someone to help me run it co-operatively.

@~C. Discord~ , the master of chaos himself, has volunteered his services once again to MLPF and I personally couldn't have been happier to see another former staffer return to us. And a writer no less! Here's hoping Golden Oaks isn't too set on it's current design and direction of gravity. :o

"But Rosie!" you scream, "Isn't it irresponsible to hire a spirit of chaos to look after something as organization-heavy and quiet as a library?!"

Let me ask you this; have you ever even tried reading upside down in the fourth dimension with your story's words constantly shifting in font? It might actually be fun! :catface:

Thank you very much for coming back to us, @~C. Discord~! We're gonna have all kinds of fun. ^_^

• The topic was pinned

Congratulations, ~C.Discord~, and also welcome back to the staff ranks.

Also... Head Librarian? I'm in favour of this immensely. It also has to do with the green coloured font.

• Brohoof 5

• The topic was featured

78d386056aad104b24c019ab0c5d2b5d.png

BOOK I

Tell me, O forum historian, of that ingenious admin who journeyed far and wide after he had sacked the famous town of Balitmare. Many memes did he create, and many were the ponies with whose manners and customs he was acquainted; moreover he suffered much by his travels from home, while trying to save his own mind in his time away; but do what he might he could not save all his senses, for it perished through the hero's own sheer folly when eating the cake of the Sun-Princess Celestia; so the Princess tried to prevent him from ever reaching home. Tell me, too, about all these things, O sons and daughter's of Equestria, from whatsoever source you may know them. 

So now all who escaped death in battle or by shipwreck had got safely back to MLPF safetly except a colt with a great navel, and he, though he was longing to return to his glorious memes and forum, was detained by the two headed snail puppy Balthasar III, who had got him into a large pumpkin and wanted to marry him. But as years went by, there came a time when the powers of the universe and the internet settled that he should go back to MLPF; even then, however, when he was among his own people, his troubles were not yet over; nevertheless all the gods had now begun to pity him except Play Doh Haircut guy, who still persecuted him without ceasing and would not let him get home to post ponies. 

To be continued

To be a little less silly, when I first joined staff there existsed faint whispers in the hallowed halls and corridors of this plays. You could hear them if you cocked you head just right. More than that, you could feel they presence penetrating slightly through the forums nooks and crannies. These whispers were the ghosts of Admins past. Admins who had given their all to keep this community thriving. When asked to take up the mantle of staff myself I made it a point to dig into some of these ghosts. I find a few worth studying. They had something that I did not, they understood the community in a way that I did not. One was Chaotic Discord. There was a sense of humor and mirth with a hint of chaos in how he interacted with the community. For him, fun and merriment seemed to be a priority, and within his commentaries I saw a bit of a kindred spirit. Others from his era and era's past have also impacted me in profound ways. I found inspiration in Artemis and his ability to be chill when needed, Spoon and his exquisite communication and command of leadership (and pop culture), Zoop and his community first approach .... and Chaotic Discord .... the one, who at the time, embodied the playful and helpful nature of the community. I felt as if I stood on the shoulders of giants in every thing I did, they were that important to this site. 

A year after I left staff in 2016, I received a ping out of the blue from CD, and what began as some casual conversations between two bronies trying to navigate uncertainty, slowly (too slowly) started a friendship between us. At the time he was rediscovering ponies. His fascination and fondness for adorable headcanons of Changeling society compliments his appreciable whimsy that permeates every conversation. I am excited that he took up this role and, yes a little self-indulgently, am hyped to be able to work with him on making the Reader program a success here. 

Also 

giphy.gif

Okay, I'll be finishing the grand opus and journey of our great hero Chaotic Discord a bit later .... this is about him after all ... not me. 

• Brohoof 9

Cursive Comic Sans, The Most Chaotic Font  :catface: Just kidding!  :D 

Inviting a master of chaos to the party? Now we'll be always ending up in the afk channel during reading. Now that was a chaos! :love: Just kidding! :D 

Head Librarian? EqE4vfd.png

Head_Librarian7.png.405d4170691fbbc8796e

I do love these badges. :wub:

All that silliness aside, all I can say in that case is, that these are great news! :yay:

• Brohoof 4

RSRaLP1.jpg

Long ago, in a forum located in the same coordinates as this one, I assisted in the building of the Feldian Empire with my fellow musketeers. Though lacking in big picture ideals, I excelled in day to day maintenance and keeping the spirits of our dear members alive. Together our squad of bronies pushed the forum forward as a community, the best we could.

But then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Though mighty, the empire slowly began to crumble under the weight of drama, differing ideals and members of staff being hit by the life bus. Those few left grew strained under the weight of such a large and turbulent community, and ultimately I, too, perished. Retreating to the likes of DeviantART and FIMFiction, I salted my wounds and grew from a wide-eyed adolescent to a heavy-eyed, sleep-deprived adult.

Years later, here I now stand, reborn as a draconequus dedicated not to chaos, but the wonderful art of writing. But also still chaos.

You may call me CD, the outdated storage format.

For those who do not know me, I was a staff member here from 2012 through early 2015, having since then retired. However, as MLP Forums evolves and experiences new changes, I've found myself once again interested in its success - most notably, the humble little project promoting such loverly writing, the Golden Oaks Library. I've been writing fan fiction since I was thirteen, and even after having left the fandom's active forum community, have never stopped writing horse fiction. Having sorted out much of my responsibilities irl, I'm most happy to lend Sunset a hand in running such a modest, but surely needed project, to alleviate their workload and continually promote writing in an already creative fandom.

So hello, young minds who have yet to experience that which is Discord. :umad: I look forward to making your acquaintance.

• Brohoof 9

*taps gently on screen*

Hiya.

I... honestly don't know what the proper procedure is for re-welcoming someone I've never welcomed before, nor how to react in the face of one who has such a history of forum chaos as you have.  I mean, I DO welcome you and all, I simply... well, I'm-

What he's TRYING to spill out is that he's a tad intimidated by you.

HEY!

Alright then, rebuke it.

HA You see?  He honestly believes that you have not ONLY a greater right than himself to claim a Master rank in chaos, but he believes you'll even try to take MY reins when it comes to... that... roleplay THING he does.  As IF my reins even CAN be taken...

I... bu-bu-bu-

Absolutely tongue-tied.

... uhm, I suppose I... AM a bit... intimidated, yeah...

But we're all here for the same purpose, working to make the Forums a bigger, better place each and every day.

Yawn...

But seriously, good to see so many folks vouching for you - I'm certain that, like Jeric's return, it'll mark yet another benchmark on a new era for MLP Forums.

Here's hoping you have a stellar return, and are a smashing success!  Excelsior!

• Brohoof 4

WAIT A MINUTE!

THAT'S GOTTA BE...!

THAT'S GOTTA BE ~CHAOTIC DISCORD~! THAT'S GOTTA BE ~CHAOTIC DISCORD~!

IdealMeekHorseshoecrab-small.gif.e4033f64e08f70203a23c19aaa5023a0.gif

• Brohoof 7

i think Dicord is a great fit for a library, there is such a thing as organised chaos after all, and though Discord may seem rash and irresponsible on the surface, he always plans and thinks carefully so the chaos that remains is pure fun, I don't know you but i'm hoping this will change with time, welcome back

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Yellow Diamond said:

WAIT A MINUTE!

THAT'S GOTTA BE...!

THAT'S GOTTA BE ~CHAOTIC DISCORD~! THAT'S GOTTA BE ~CHAOTIC DISCORD~!

IdealMeekHorseshoecrab-small.gif.e4033f64e08f70203a23c19aaa5023a0.gif

Is there a spoon? Why, no, I believe ThereIsNoSpoon, in fact. :mustache: We'll just have to make due without!

Salutations, my old friend! My apologies for falling out of touch, I fell off the map with everyone for some time. :sealed: Glad to see you again though, and I shall definitely be adding you on Discord, if you have an account on it. :-D

Perhaps with me assisting in managing the library and @Artemis potentially lurking and posting about now and again, we'll have ourselves a regular reunion of sorts. This innocent generation knows not what has been potentially unleashed upon thier souls. :ticking:

medium.gif

*actual footage of what has been potentially unleashed upon thier souls*

4 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

*taps gently on screen*

Hiya.

I... honestly don't know what the proper procedure is for re-welcoming someone I've never welcomed before, nor how to react in the face of one who has such a history of forum chaos as you have.  I mean, I DO welcome you and all, I simply... well, I'm-

What he's TRYING to spill out is that he's a tad intimidated by you.

HEY!

Alright then, rebuke it.

HA You see?  He honestly believes that you have not ONLY a greater right than himself to claim a Master rank in chaos, but he believes you'll even try to take MY reins when it comes to... that... roleplay THING he does.  As IF my reins even CAN be taken...

I... bu-bu-bu-

Absolutely tongue-tied.

... uhm, I suppose I... AM a bit... intimidated, yeah...

But we're all here for the same purpose, working to make the Forums a bigger, better place each and every day.

Yawn...

But seriously, good to see so many folks vouching for you - I'm certain that, like Jeric's return, it'll mark yet another benchmark on a new era for MLP Forums.

Here's hoping you have a stellar return, and are a smashing success!  Excelsior!

I already enjoy your in-depth posts and playful, creative editing. Ah, Discord fans must truly be kindred spirits. :bedeyes: Glad to know the torch of chaos had been upheld in my absence!

As for everyone else, those who know me and those who are meeting me, thanks for the welcomes. :please: I look forward to causing untold mayhem and destruction as I did in days long past having a cloven hoof in the forum's modern incarnation, working with Jeric & Friends Inc., and even horsing around per business as usual. :orly:

PS: @Jeric your post is ten shades of beautiful. :mlp_rarity: So grateful that we've become closer friends. My returning here is partially because of that.

• Brohoof 4

maxresdefault.jpg

CD. Yet another name of the past I remember quite well! Glad to have you around boi, the forums and staff could definitely use some chaos now and then!

• Brohoof 4

Is it 2012 in here again? With @~C. Discord~'s return it sure feels like it. :derp:

That reminds me. Here is a song that is from right around that time to bask in nostalgia! :mlp_yeehaa:

I know I said something in here but I wanted an excuse to post this song :please:

• Brohoof 2

*sniffs* That smell... that odious, chaotic stench... I'd recognize it anywhere.

*cue dramatic entrance*

AHA!  IT IS YOU, @~C. Discord~!!!

giphy.gif

Well then, now that we're here, just what do you have to say for yourself, hmmm???

JjJ1GOG.gif?noredirect

:mlp_xJpg51C: :mlp_xJpg51C: :mlp_xJpg51C: :mlp_xJpg51C:

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm just messin' with ya, get over here, you! :muffins:

Welcome back, old padre.  Man, with all of the old gang getting back together, we seriously need to bait - *ahem* I mean, invite DashForever back to hop back on the forum bandwagon sometime soon.  But anyways, I'll take whatever old friends I can get, and it sure is nice seeing an old face around here once more.  Come then, Lord of Chaos, join me on my dramatic exit!  We're off!

*cue dramatic/chaotic exit*

• Brohoof 3

It will be an honor to work with you side-by-side; it's just so awesome to have you with us again! Admittedly I wasn't here when you were, but still...^^;

• Brohoof 6

• The topic was unfeatured
12 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

It will be an honor to work with you side-by-side; it's just so awesome to have you with us again! Admittedly I wasn't here when you were, but still...^^;

We may not have worked together before, but I know about you from talks with both Artemis and Jeric over the past few years, as they've off and on kept me in the loop regarding big MLPF news. :mlp_grin: Another example of someone focused on the community aspect, who's been doing great work, so I've heard. Likewise I look forward to working together - the fact we share love for the little purple boi is proof enough to me that we're friend material. :-D

• Brohoof 3