Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

most inappropriate time you have laughed/smiled?

Reecejackox

This has happened to be at work before. I don’t remember what was said but I laughed and everything went silent for a solid 3 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I do laugh a lot at hospitals when I’m visiting someone; probably to vent the anxiety. But I do remember a few times when my parents would be yelling at each other when I was little, and my dad would let loose a barrage of such creative swearing I had to laugh. I’m not saying I was taking sides or making light of a stressful situation, but I can’t help but admire an accomplished artist at work, even if his medium of choice is creative invective.  

We were talking with a friend during one his night shifts at the central hospital. And then these two guys irrupt into the corridor dragging a dude who was desperately struggling to get away. Screaming about the "spiders" that were all over him, and making all sort of unintelligible noises in the process.

He was probably under the effect of some hallucinogenic drug, and I remember I just started laughing because it was so funny to see this big dude fight against these invisible spiders AND the personnel who was trying to get him into one of the examination rooms. It was amazing. Then, he tried to crawl away, grabbing onto the doorframe and knocking one of the IVs that was there, making a mess. And he was still winnng against four people.
Then, my friend adopted his professional attitude and helped them get this dude into the room to sedate him.

But you could still hear him yelling about the arachnids from inside the room.
And I was still cracking up at this comedy. But there was a family there, and they were all looking at me with such indignant dissaproval because I thought it was funny to see an arachnophobe on drugs. "How dare he laugh about something funny?!". Probably christians...
He was just stoned and seeing imaginary spiders. He wasn't dying or anything. I bet they thought it was funny, too. I mean, life is just a game, right? They should start teaching luciferian doctrine in schools. Not like they are not trying to legalize killing babies afterbirth with the bill 66"9".

At any rate. They were not able to identify which drug he was on. And the guys who brought him in said they found this dude lying on the street outside the hospital, barely conscious, and mumbling about these illusory arthropods.
He neither had identification papers, phone, wallet or money, despite looking well-dressed. Probably, because someone took advantage of him, while he was unconscious. People around the area aren't very nice during that hours of the night.

Anyway. It still think it was funny.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 6 months later...