Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why there wasn't a freight trains in the show

SDP40F amtrak

Because why the would be? Eventually a background one. Those trains just don't have any real value for the show. I know that cargo trains would be an easy way to transport heavy things, however maybe magic is so deeply developed, that they have no need of so? It's a question of type "What if...", so I'm leaving the comment section with what I said above.

(edited)
1 minute ago, Iam said:

Because why the would be? Eventually a background one. Those trains just don't have any real value for the show. I know that cargo trains would be an easy way to transport heavy things, however maybe magic is so deeply developed, that they have no need of so? It's a question of type "What if...", so I'm leaving the comment section with what I said above.

That kinda true  but what about

Tanker cars 

260px-TILX290344.JPG

And Boxcars 

220px-Wing_of_Spirit_being_lifted_by_a_c

Edited by Amtrak sw1

Why would there be freight trains in the MLP universe? I get you like trains but think about it for a second. There is no need for them.

Not everything needs to make an appearance in FiM. If the show staff can't find a means of using something, then they shouldn't include it otherwise people are going to question why it was there in the first place. On the subject of freight trains... I don't really see how they could be incorporated so I would say no to their inclusion. Equestria Girls on the other hand...

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Not everything needs to make an appearance in FiM. If the show staff can't find a means of using something, then they shouldn't include it otherwise people are going to question why it was there in the first place. On the subject of freight trains... I don't really see how they could be incorporated so I would say no to their inclusion. Equestria Girls on the other hand...

Well was  I just asking  about but my question what if is something was too heavy for ponies to handle

Like flatcars 

ATSF_MB_Flat.jpg

Or how they ship their food 

To other places 

300px-ARMN_761511_20050529_IL_Rochelle.j I know they have magic

But without causing accidents 

Edited by Amtrak sw1

15 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

There is no need for them.

There must be though. I mean, transportation of goods must still be a thing. 

And if we're gonna argue that magic is so advanced that they can just teleport everything, remember that most unicorns can't cast advanced spells. And correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't dragon quest show that long-range teleportation takes great effort?

Edited by Sun Wukong

Just now, Sun Wukong said:

There must be though. I mean, transportation of goods must still be a thing. 

And if we're gonna argue that magic is so advanced that they can just teleport everything, remember that most unicorns can't cast advanced spells. And correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn' dragon quest show that long-range teleportation takes great effort?

Of course there would be transport of goods but it wouldn't be in the way that we have it set up. If it were to be trains at all, they probably wouldn't even use a combustion engine but some kind of engine that runs on magic itself.

16 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Of course there would be transport of goods but it wouldn't be in the way that we have it set up. 

Maybe, maybe not. I mean, we know for a fact that they have trains so it's reasonable to assume they also use them to transport various things. 

Edit: The more I think about the more sense it makes for them to use trains. I mean, they don't have aircraft (aside from pedal-powered helicopters) and all their cars just seems to be nothing but glorified carriages. Meanwhile, we know for a fact that their trains run on coal as evident by the episode MMMystery on the Friendship Express, so it looks like that's the only way to transport goods to heavy for a pony to carry. 

Edited by Sun Wukong

Just now, Sun Wukong said:

Maybe, maybe not. I mean, we know for a fact that they have trains so it's reasonable to assume they also use them to transport various things. 

I guess we can speculate forever but until there is some solid evidence, I don't know who is right and who is wrong.

7 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Why would there be freight trains in the MLP universe? I get you like trains but think about it for a second. There is no need for them.

In that case, there's no need for the Friendship Express, but the ponies still use it.

• Brohoof 1