Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which reactions (and to which content) count toward increasing reputation?

Music Chart Fan

I was under the impression that brohoofs were the only reaction that would increase total community reputation, but apparently that's not the case. Currently, on my profile, the green box for Community Reputation says that I have "622 Brohoofs", but if I look at reputation activity, then under Reactions Received, I have 615 brohoofs and a scattering of other reactions that add up to 628 reactions in total. What accounts for this disparity?

Do all reactions - not just brohoof, but also "yay", "thanks", "teacup", other temporary reactions, etc. - increase reputation? Do reactions to certain content not count toward increasing reputation? So, for example, do reactions to posts in certain subsections of the forums not count? Do reactions to status updates, status replies, blog entries, blog comments, etc. count or not count?

I looked around a bit, but I wasn't able to find a topic or post that explains what exactly counts or doesn't count toward reputation, and I think this would be useful/interesting information to have. Also, would the rules for what counts or doesn't count toward reputation be liable to change in the future?

I would appreciate any explanation that can be provided for how exactly these aspects of the reputation system work.

"Teacup" does not count to your reputation from what I've seen, and I'm certain that "Shocked" and "Sad" do not count. I know for a fact that part of the brohoof system is meant to dissuade you from making "bad" posts.

Only brohoofs count towards actually reaction count. None of the others do really count at all. The "disparity" is really nothing and it doesn't really reflect the actual amount that you have, the actual amount is under your rank.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

"Teacup" does not count to your reputation from what I've seen, and I'm certain that "Shocked" and "Sad" do not count. I know for a fact that part of the brohoof system is meant to dissuade you from making "bad" posts.

That's not the intention behind how I implement it. 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked