Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's be real, we had it easy compared to most cartoon fandoms

Plonkett

The fact that this show went on for 8 (and soon to be 9) seasons is extremely impressive, and isn't one of those shows that have been abruptly cancelled. For shows like Teen Titans 2003 and Thundercats 2011, the fans aren't so lucky. What's worse, they were replaced by shows that weren't even meant to appeal to them, and there is a very good chance that MLP will go that same route. FiM has certainly left one hell of a legacy and I'm sure it won't go away anytime soon. If there's one show that was so fortunate to not be cancelled prematurely, it's this one.

• Brohoof 6

It's true.

I was always shocked, when after a season watched another season popped out in the next year, it had been fulfilling needs of most of fans and watchers.

I'm glad I had gone back to the show after 3 year break, I'm happy that I had found Starlght Glimmer as something really new in the show, and I'm in heaven that I have love emotions and feels towards Her. I'm just now in extasy, that MLP: FiM exists. I have found with my Bronyness this forum and awesome people in that forum. I just could praise MLP: FiM, MLPF and Starlight Glimmer for eternity. :mlp_please:

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, amen to that. It is a shame to look at shows like Regular Show and Adventure Time getting a run as long as MLP: FiM's and still having fandoms that have been mostly dormant for quite some time, even granted they aren't franchises like MLP. You never know what you have until you lose it, so I'm happy to be making the most of my time with the fandom while FiM is still airing. :fluttershy:

I'm confused to what's meant by easy in this instance because my first thought was of that one guy who had in person death threats after it was noticed that he had an MLP decal on his car. Do we mean just in how our show creators have treated us so welcomingly compared to others along with those in charge of their networks or how lucky we've been that the show's success has allowed it to go on for as long as it has?

Easy? Nah, not really. Maybe show wise but internet wise? Not really. People have been scared to show that they like ponies due to people finding out and possibly bullying them. "Oh, you're 20 and you like teen titans go?" A bit weird but I don't think anyone will really care. "Oh, you're 20 and you like My Little Pony? Haha, what a faggot." This is just an example of what may happen but for the most part, people don't like to reveal that they have anything to do with ponies to anyone close to them.

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Easy? Nah, not really. Maybe show wise but internet wise? Not really. People have been scared to show that they like ponies due to people finding out and possibly bullying them. "Oh, you're 20 and you like teen titans go?" A bit weird but I don't think anyone will really care. "Oh, you're 20 and you like My Little Pony? Haha, what a faggot." This is just an example of what may happen but for the most part, people don't like to reveal that they have anything to do with ponies to anyone close to them.

Pretty much this. It's due to the gender stereotyping and the age stereotyping that have caused many a fandom to be questioned in terms of who watches their content and just how old they are. Unfortunate yes, but it's something we continue to have to deal with in hopes it can't be used any longer as an excuse for those on the outside that 'attack' others.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

Pretty much this. It's due to the gender stereotyping and the age stereotyping that have caused many a fandom to be questioned in terms of who watches their content and just how old they are. Unfortunate yes, but it's something we continue to have to deal with in hopes it can't be used any longer as an excuse for those on the outside that 'attack' others.

This fandom in general (expect the /mlp/ side which is just memes and shitposting) is pretty accepting. You can come out as being trans and you will be treated with respect most of the time.

• Brohoof 2

42 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

This fandom in general (expect the /mlp/ side which is just memes and shitposting) is pretty accepting. You can come out as being trans and you will be treated with respect most of the time.

And that's what makes it a rarity amongst so many other fandoms out there.

• Brohoof 2

Also don't forget that we actually had a movie that was actually remotely decent and inspired even more headcanons. Again, Jem and the Holograms fans didn't have the same luck.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, vgmaster9 said:

Also don't forget that we actually had a movie that was actually remotely decent and inspired even more headcanons. Again, Jem and the Holograms fans didn't have the same luck.

It’s funny that ponies and Teen Titans Go are the only animated shows are got a feature film :D

well, yeah, it’s funny, no one could have imagined ponies to last this long, plus a film, and several spinoff specials. I think only Adventure Time and Gumball are the only contemporary shows that can claim to be roughly equal to poneh in length :mlp_huh:. However, can’t say the same about the fandom, as, at least for dudes, we are still stigmatized with liking poneh. Well excuse me, I don’t have problems in hunting, go nuts for having something to shoot within the law (you know, hunting, target dummies; NOT people :mlp_icwudt:), work out which BTW, I’ve started doing so because of poneh :catface:

Edited by Steve Piranha

On 8/31/2018 at 11:50 AM, Steve Piranha said:

It’s funny that ponies and Teen Titans Go are the only animated shows are got a feature film :D

well, yeah, it’s funny, no one could have imagined ponies to last this long, plus a film, and several spinoff specials. I think only Adventure Time and Gumball are the only contemporary shows that can claim to be roughly equal to poneh in length :mlp_huh:. However, can’t say the same about the fandom, as, at least for dudes, we are still stigmatized with liking poneh. Well excuse me, I don’t have problems in hunting, go nuts for having something to shoot within the law (you know, hunting, target dummies; NOT people :mlp_icwudt:), work out which BTW, I’ve started doing so because of poneh :catface:

I believe Steven Universe is getting a movie too. Might not be in cinemas, though, I think it's only going to air on Cartoon Network.

Still, 9 seasons is a pretty impressive achievement.

It's actually kind of surprising that MLP FiM went the distance to such an impressive degree, especially considering Hasbro's often skewed priorities. Many companies would have cancelled G4 after 65 episodes and stuck us with endless reruns until they started up a new generation. We are fortunate to have nine seasons to carry us through the coming years. I've seen a lot of impressive series, some mentioned in other posts here, that were worthy of far more than they (or their fans) were given. So there's a lot to be grateful for with MLP. 

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

It's actually kind of surprising that MLP FiM went the distance to such an impressive degree, especially considering Hasbro's often skewed priorities. Many companies would have cancelled G4 after 65 episodes and stuck us with endless reruns until they started up a new generation. We are fortunate to have nine seasons to carry us through the coming years. I've seen a lot of impressive series, some mentioned in other posts here, that were worthy of far more than they (or their fans) were given. So there's a lot to be grateful for with MLP. 

I wonder if such fact will carry on for posterity  :huh:? For real, last thing one would expect, is for a show of MLP lasting that long. Very few can claim such feat, and comparing with it's contemporaries, so far Adventure Time is the only one with a greater number of seasons, 10 in fact (coincidentally, AT is airing it's final episode in 2 days). Sure, poneh isn't likely to reach that much, considering the leaks, but it's a milestone not many can brag about  :darling:

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2018 at 7:49 PM, vgmaster9 said:

The fact that this show went on for 8 (and soon to be 9) seasons is extremely impressive, and isn't one of those shows that have been abruptly cancelled. For shows like Teen Titans 2003 and Thundercats 2011, the fans aren't so lucky. What's worse, they were replaced by shows that weren't even meant to appeal to them, and there is a very good chance that MLP will go that same route. FiM has certainly left one hell of a legacy and I'm sure it won't go away anytime soon. If there's one show that was so fortunate to not be cancelled prematurely, it's this one.

We are also lucky that the show's spirit continues with Pony Life. G4 is still strong :Pharynx: