Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do ponies tails stick up?

Unity

Why do the ponies tails stick up?

I may just be dumb or something, but i am pretty sure that animals whose tails stick up, or can at least like dogs, cats etc because they have little tiny vertebrae going up their tail.

i really don't think that ponies do, i haven't seen anything saying otherwise, but i am pretty sure that pony tails

But in Equestria, their tails stick up, or at least go up, and then down, but that doesn't make any sense

Spoiler

vector__712___rainbow_dash__74_by_dashiesparkle-dbd8upk.png.4ea4560ee09c4a97a14aed7f401c52b1.pngalicorn_twilight_360_puppet_rig__flash___mlp__by_bronyanimstudios-d657cso.jpg.882a9c42c57250082b26d2c0c19b5833.jpgpinkie_by_bronyanimstudios-d64yk51.jpg.ceb8161aebb8c3c949bfb121e840ba54.jpg

As you can see here, their tails sort of come up at an angle, and i don't know the reason for it.

Instead of just going straight down, they come out at a higher angle.

Don't you think that that would be uncomfortable? I do.

Anyways, is there a reason i missed?

4 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Ponies and horses here on Earth do have a skeletal structure in about a third of the tail. They can even lift them up. Um, if a mare meets a nice stallion she well, lifts her tail. It's an equestrian thing. 

przewalski horse skeleton final.jpg

Oh, so we could just assume that their are stronger. They also have more control over it, since earth ponies can use them as an extra limb.

Maybe they're all Arabian breeds? Had a friend who loved horses in gradeschool, and I learned Arabian is a breed of horse that always runs with its tail arched (this is just a fun idea, I don't actually think it plays a role in the show).

20 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

They're cartoon ponies. They aren't governed by the same physical aspects that govern real life ponies. They look good when animated with a little more 'lift' to them, hence they are so-equipped. 

We pretty much found out the answer in a different post i made.

They have docks, like normal equines do.

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2018 at 10:44 PM, Unity said:

Why do the ponies tails stick up?

I'll tell you a secret. Even my OC's tail is sticking up. It is a design style for G4, and it looks pretty cool to me!

For horses, I have seen it, probably some tail device involved?

On 8/30/2018 at 4:06 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Ponies and horses here on Earth do have a skeletal structure in about a third of the tail. They can even lift them up. Um, if a mare meets a nice stallion she well, lifts her tail. It's an equestrian thing. 

przewalski horse skeleton final.jpg

Lifts her tail you say :sunbutt:?

What if a mare lifts a stallions tail :proud: ?

• 1 year later...

Assuming an Equestrian pony is different from any earth horse, their anatomy is slightly different, which includes their tails. It could be that their tail normally stick up because it is natural for them to do.

Don't forget this is a cartoon show, where anything from biology to physics doesn't make sense, it's how the animators draw the ponies.

On 2020-09-30 at 8:18 AM, Splashee said:

Yea, or what if a stallion... :sealed: why am I thinking out loud?

Oh my Celestia, Wolf has jinxed you! :bedeyes:

On 2020-09-30 at 8:15 AM, WWolf said:

Lifts her tail you say :sunbutt:?

What if a mare lifts a stallion's tail :proud: ?

Really huh? :bedeyes:

• 5 months later...