Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

@Emperor Blu Traincrown

Will felt ignored by everyone not giving him any orders or instructions. But he heard the hoofsteps of the new arrival and went to see who it is. In fact, he was so eager to talk to anyone that he moved so fast, that he started to slip on the wet floor he wiped down earlier and crashed into the new guy who was an Alicorn Stallion.

Everything turned to be just fine for the Alicorn Emperor, until suddenly an unknown force shoved him to the ground. "Ouch..." Blu squirmed in little pain, but not for too long as he got back up on his hooves. He helped the Unicorn to stand up by lending him a golden shoed hoof. "Are you alright, Sir?"

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus @Happy Yoshi @Emperor Blu Traincrown

"I'll handle the bug since you're technically off duty due to your injuries."

Arrow grabbed the bug with his magic and walked off with him.

"50 bits says he's gonna cause trouble later."

Somnus could hear footsteps in the halls. He was pretty sure it was royalty, but wasn't completely sure. He peeked out into the hallway to see who was there.

"Of course he will, since when have troublemakers not came back in this land."

Ruby then joined Somnus in looking into the hallway where two ponies had just crashed, not because she cared, but because she noticed the attention wasn't on her any longer.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

21 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Everything turned to be just fine for the Alicorn Emperor, until suddenly an unknown force shoved him to the ground. "Ouch..." Blu squirmed in little pain, but not for too long as he got back up on his hooves. He helped the Unicorn to stand up by lending him a golden shoes hoof. "Are you alright, Sir?"

Unicorn Will was a little dazed, but when he looked upon the Alicorn Stallion, he started to stammer and channel his shy inner Changeling soul mate. 

"Yeah, I-I'm fine. But are-are you an Alicorn Stallion? Oh, I never knew Stallions could be Alicorns, and I am so sorry! Please let me make it up to you. I am Guide Will. I mean, Will Guide. And I guide will I mean will guide you through the castle, your majesty." Will could already feel the seeds of love being planted in his heart, both Unicorn and Changeling!

10 minutes ago, Happy Yoshi said:

Unicorn Will was a little dazed, but when he looked upon the Alicorn Stallion, he started to stammer and channel his shy inner Changeling soul mate. 

"Yeah, I-I'm fine. But are-are you an Alicorn Stallion? Oh, I never knew Stallions could be Alicorns, and I am so sorry! Please let me make it up to you. I am Guide Will. I mean, Will Guide. And I guide will I mean will guide you through the castle, your majesty." Will could already feel the seeds of love being planted in his heart, both Unicorn and Changeling!

Blu simply chuckled and helped Will get on all fours. Now regaining his professional attitude, he spread hid wings in a mighty wingspan before stating "Well as you may see, Stallions also are able to be Alicorns. It is a great pleasure to meet you, Will Guide. I shall introduce myself: Emperor Blu Traincrown, the Ruler of the Trains Empire."

1 minute ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Blu simply chuckled and helped Will get on all fours. Now regaining his professional attitude, he spread hid wings in a mighty wingspan before stating "Well as you may see, Stallions also are able to be Alicorns. It is a great pleasure to meet you, Will Guide. I shall introduce myself: Emperor Blu Traincrown, the Ruler of the Trains Empire."

Will Guide found himself bowing down so low to the point his muzzle was flat against the floor. "Oh, I am your humble servant, Emperor Blu Traincrown, The Ruler of the Trains Empire"

Just now, Happy Yoshi said:

Will Guide found himself bowing down so low to the point his muzzle was flat against the floor. "Oh, I am your humble servant, Emperor Blu Traincrown, The Ruler of the Trains Empire"

"Actually I am more familiar with ponies calling me Emperor Blu or Your Majesty. And you may stand back up, Dear Will."

(edited)

Somnus looked at the one crashed into the other and almost laughed.

"Must be someone of royalty, probably not from Equestria though. It's not everyday you see a male alicorn. Quite the anomaly."

Somnus watched, but did not walk out to talk to them yet.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

24 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Actually I am more familiar with ponies calling me Emperor Blu or Your Majesty. And you may stand back up, Dear Will."

"Your Majesty, if you are here seeking Princess Celestia or Luna, they are quite busy today. But perhaps I can show you the sights of Canterlot later, if you'll allow me"

@Lucid_Nightlight @Happy Yoshi @Emperor Blu Traincrown
"Oh, great, more ponies who want me to lick the ground in front of them." Ruby complained quietly next to Somnus, obviously she didn't mean it literally. she reached to pet the kitten that was still on her as she continued "I'm already hearing the whining about me needing to show respect."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight @Happy Yoshi @Emperor Blu Traincrown
"Oh, great, more ponies who want me to lick the ground in front of them." Ruby complained quietly next to Somnus, obviously she didn't mean it literally. she reached to pet the kitten that was still on her as she continued "I'm already hearing the whining about me needing to show respect."

Will heard Ruby "already hearing the whining about her having to show respect" and silently made a motion that means "Don't worry about showing respect. I'm doing that for everyone working in the castle, so you can just do whatever you usually do." He hoped she got the message.

(edited)

Somnus watched what was happening and he has seen enough movies to know what was going to happen later. This reminded Somnus about something.

He looked over at Ruby.

"Sometimes Arrow will try to hit on someone random. Typically it's a female, but he did hit on me once. Anyway. If he hits on you, then you have permission to throw him across the room, he'll live. Seriously, no one likes a player."

38 minutes ago, Happy Yoshi said:

Will heard Ruby "already hearing the whining about her having to show respect" and silently made a motion that means "Don't worry about showing respect. I'm doing that for everyone working in the castle, so you can just do whatever you usually do." He hoped she got the message.

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus watched what was happening and he has seen enough movies to know what was going to happen later. This reminded Somnus about something.

He looked over at Ruby.

"Sometimes Arrow will try to hit on someone random. Typically it's a female, but he did hit on me once. Anyway. If he hits on you, then you have permission to throw him across the room, he'll live. Seriously, no one likes a player."

Ruby understood what Will tried to motion, but she knew it didn't matter what he told, she got the same whining even if she didn't leave the treasury for the whole day, because the ponies were so set on changing her.

"I have no reason to throw him anywhere, if that stallion is so desperate that he tries to hit on a dragon....it's just amusing." Ruby commented "And since I don't really get the whole dating thing, I don't see the problem with some amusement."

"Are you saying you'd politely tell him no or... would you actually say yes?"

Somnus couldn't really tell what Ruby meant.

"Also, who says a dragon can't look like nice? You look alrigh- not that I'd hit on you or anything."

Somnus was only making a fool of himself.

"You get the point."

2 hours ago, Happy Yoshi said:

"Your Majesty, if you are here seeking Princess Celestia or Luna, they are quite busy today. But perhaps I can show you the sights of Canterlot later, if you'll allow me"

"Splendid Idea!" Blu smiled in delight. He was completely new in this castle, thus he was completely lost. "Please do lead the way, Will Guide. I shall follow you."

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Are you saying you'd politely tell him no or... would you actually say yes?"

Somnus couldn't really tell what Ruby meant.

"Also, who says a dragon can't look like nice? You look alrigh- not that I'd hit on you or anything."

Somnus was only making a fool of himself.

"You get the point."

"Hay no, i would never say yes, if for no other reason than the fact that his greatest accomplishment is killing a dragon, oh, and he threatened me with bunch of spears." Ruby declared  "I would let him make a fool out of himself before making it clear that any way I could ever be interested in him is in form of lunch." she looked at Somnus "You gotta be kidding me, I know my pony form is what you ponies would call attractive, but you're the last pony I would imagine to almost praise my looks."

(edited)
2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Hay no, i would never say yes, if for no other reason than the fact that his greatest accomplishment is killing a dragon, oh, and he threatened me with bunch of spears." Ruby declared  "I would let him make a fool out of himself before making it clear that any way I could ever be interested in him is in form of lunch." she looked at Somnus "You gotta be kidding me, I know my pony form is what you ponies would call attractive, but you're the last pony I would imagine to almost praise my looks."

Somnus laughed at Ruby for a moment.

"You mean to tell me that you're afraid of Arrow?"

After he got the laughing out of his system he continued.

"Who said I was praising you? Also, who said I was just referring to your pony form?"

He added something else.

"Don't get any ideas."

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus laughed at Ruby for a moment.

"You mean to tell me that you're afraid of Arrow?"

After he got the laughing out of his system he continued.

"Who said I was praising you? Also, who said I was just referring to your pony form?"

He added something else.

"Don't get any ideas."

"Oh, I'm not afraid, I'm just not stupid, would you say yes to someone who is known for killing batponies and has just shown that they are ready to do it again?" Ruby pointed out "You don't need to be afraid to watch your back, but if we are talking about fear again, maybe I should mention every time there's ponies around me, I can smell a strong scent of fear when they look at me."

She blinked at Somnus "It's hard to not get any ideas when you first almost praise me, then deny it and then praise the looks of my real form." "Did I hit your head in our fight or have you otherwise lost it?"

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Oh, I'm not afraid, I'm just not stupid, would you say yes to someone who is known for killing batponies and has just shown that they are ready to do it again?" Ruby pointed out "You don't need to be afraid to watch your back, but if we are talking about fear again, maybe I should mention every time there's ponies around me, I can smell a strong scent of fear when they look at me."

She blinked at Somnus "It's hard to not get any ideas when you first almost praise me, then deny it and then praise the looks of my real form." "Did I hit your head in our fight or have you otherwise lost it?"

"Fair point. Also, I can't believe that a recruit such as Arrow is better at fighting dragons than I am! I've been alive for 1,500 years."

Somnus wasn't really that afraid of Ruby. Very few things scare him anymore, except spiders.

"It wasn't praise, it was an observation. As for my head, I have a helmet."

30 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Fair point. Also, I can't believe that a recruit such as Arrow is better at fighting dragons than I am! I've been alive for 1,500 years."

Somnus wasn't really that afraid of Ruby. Very few things scare him anymore, except spiders.

"It wasn't praise, it was an observation. As for my head, I have a helmet."

"Live experience isn't a skill." Ruby pointed out again "To be good at something, you have to practice it" she knew it way too well herself, she had been the usual dumb kid back in her homeland, and she had learned a hard lesson about recognizing one's own weaknesses, and in turn that had given her the qualification that was needed for her respect, now that she thought about it, it was kind of funny how everypony demanded her respect, yet not single pony had asked what it requires to get her respect.

Ruby knew that Somnus wasn't scared of her, since he didn't smell like fear, but for everypony else it seemed to be the case, even the higher ups were clearly careful around her, sometimes also smelling like fear.

"A positive observation, thus it's a praise." "Your denial actually makes your situation only worse, since based on my observations of your species, only those who feel embarrassed about praising someone try do deny their praise, since praising someone doesn't automatically mean anything." "For example, I praised your hamster but it should be obvious that i still don't think much of him." "And as for your helmet, it doesn't necessary protect you from hitting your head, it just stops anything from hitting it hard enough to break."

50 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Live experience isn't a skill." Ruby pointed out again "To be good at something, you have to practice it" she knew it way too well herself, she had been the usual dumb kid back in her homeland, and she had learned a hard lesson about recognizing one's own weaknesses, and in turn that had given her the qualification that was needed for her respect, now that she thought about it, it was kind of funny how everypony demanded her respect, yet not single pony had asked what it requires to get her respect.

Ruby knew that Somnus wasn't scared of her, since he didn't smell like fear, but for everypony else it seemed to be the case, even the higher ups were clearly careful around her, sometimes also smelling like fear.

"A positive observation, thus it's a praise." "Your denial actually makes your situation only worse, since based on my observations of your species, only those who feel embarrassed about praising someone try do deny their praise, since praising someone doesn't automatically mean anything." "For example, I praised your hamster but it should be obvious that i still don't think much of him." "And as for your helmet, it doesn't necessary protect you from hitting your head, it just stops anything from hitting it hard enough to break."

"I guess that makes sense. I'm more use to fighting other ponies and magical beings. Dragons are more Arrow's thing. I mean he doesn't go around killing every dragon he sees, only the ones who are actually a threat."

Back on the subject of praise.

"Ok, fine I praised you, can't prove that it meant anything though."

Arrow overheard the last part of the conversation when he came back.

"Ruby and Somnus sitting in a tree K.I-"

Somnus punched the unicorn in the face.

"Ok, that hurt."

42 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I guess that makes sense. I'm more use to fighting other ponies and magical beings. Dragons are more Arrow's thing. I mean he doesn't go around killing every dragon he sees, only the ones who are actually a threat."

Back on the subject of praise.

"Ok, fine I praised you, can't prove that it meant anything though."

Arrow overheard the last part of the conversation when he came back.

"Ruby and Somnus sitting in a tree K.I-"

Somnus punched the unicorn in the face.

"Ok, that hurt."

"Agreeing with me for second time in a row?" Ruby said sounding surprised "You really did hit your head."

"I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just pointing out the obvious" she pointed out yet again, and that's when Arrow came and started with the weird song she had some foals singing back when she tried to live among the ponies as a pony, but before she could react, it was cut short by Somnus punching the unicorn into a face, she laughed "Watch out, batpony on the loose" she stopped laughing and smirked at Arrow "It feels good to see someone getting hit to a face."

16 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Agreeing with me for second time in a row?" Ruby said sounding surprised "You really did hit your head."

"I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just pointing out the obvious" she pointed out yet again, and that's when Arrow came and started with the weird song she had some foals singing back when she tried to live among the ponies as a pony, but before she could react, it was cut short by Somnus punching the unicorn into a face, she laughed "Watch out, batpony on the loose" she stopped laughing and smirked at Arrow "It feels good to see someone getting hit to a face."

"Don't think I that I don't know what's going on here."

Arrow chuckled a bit. He was good at reading others and he knew it.

"T-there is nothing going on."

A grin appeared on Arrow and he pulled a book out of his saddlebag.

"The book of emotion, I got this thing on my first adventure. It can detect all kinds of emotions. Happiness, sadness, anger, joy, and even feelings for others. Maybe I should see if it still works."

Immedietly Somnus lunged at Arrow and grabbed the book. He then threw it to Ruby, hoping she wouldn't be curious and test it.

"Quick, burn it! It's um... a dragon killing book! Yea, that's what it is!"

Somnus was horrible liar and that was the single dumbest most impossible to believe lie that the bat pony has ever told.

"Really? That's all you could come up with?"

43 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Don't think I that I don't know what's going on here."

Arrow chuckled a bit. He was good at reading others and he knew it.

"T-there is nothing going on."

A grin appeared on Arrow and he pulled a book out of his saddlebag.

"The book of emotion, I got this thing on my first adventure. It can detect all kinds of emotions. Happiness, sadness, anger, joy, and even feelings for others. Maybe I should see if it still works."

Immedietly Somnus lunged at Arrow and grabbed the book. He then threw it to Ruby, hoping she wouldn't be curious and test it.

"Quick, burn it! It's um... a dragon killing book! Yea, that's what it is!"

Somnus was horrible liar and that was the single dumbest most impossible to believe lie that the bat pony has ever told.

"Really? That's all you could come up with?"

Ruby just blinked and caught the book from the air "I was right, you have lost your mind, you have a crush on a dragon." "And regarding your terrible excuse for me to skip this amusing situation, I wouldn't care even if it was dragon killing book, hay, I just told bunch of kids the best way to kill a dragon." "Also, I don't know if I should be insulted that you assumed I'm deaf and can't read." she walked to Arrow and offered the book back to him "Arrow, I don't know what you mean by this book still working, since it's a book, but here you go, I have no reason to stop you, this is quite amusing."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just blinked and caught the book from the air "I was right, you have lost your mind, you have a crush on a dragon." "And regarding your terrible excuse for me to skip this amusing situation, I wouldn't care even if it was dragon killing book, hay, I just told bunch of kids the best way to kill a dragon." "Also, I don't know if I should be insulted that you assumed I'm deaf and can't read." she walked to Arrow and offered the book back to him "Arrow, I don't know what you mean by this book still working, since it's a book, but here you go, I have no reason to stop you, this is quite amusing."

Perhaps Somnus could save himself.

"Hold up! No one said who I liked! All that is know is that I like someone within the castle."

This was a pretty clever attempt, but whether or not it was too late... Somnus has no idea.

Arrow started laughing.

"There is no book of emotion! That was a Daring Do book! You must be so embarrassed!"

Arrow continued laughing as Somnus casually twisted the point off of his spear.

"How stupid do you have to be to fall f-"

WHACK!

Somnus wacked Arrow on the head with the headless spear. It seems he was going to fight Arrow to save what dignity he had left.

"Somnus, take it easy, it was just a j-"

The bat pony tried to hit him in the head again, this time Arrow was able to dodge the attack. The unicorn didn't want to fight Somnus, so he was basically avoiding the attacks.

Arrow looked over at Ruby.

"Hey, you mind helping me out here?"