Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Perhaps Somnus could save himself.

"Hold up! No one said who I liked! All that is know is that I like someone within the castle."

This was a pretty clever attempt, but whether or not it was too late... Somnus has no idea.

Arrow started laughing.

"There is no book of emotion! That was a Daring Do book! You must be so embarrassed!"

Arrow continued laughing as Somnus casually twisted the point off of his spear.

"How stupid do you have to be to fall f-"

WHACK!

Somnus wacked Arrow on the head with the headless spear. It seems he was going to fight Arrow to save what dignity he had left.

"Somnus, take it easy, it was just a j-"

The bat pony tried to hit him in the head again, this time Arrow was able to dodge the attack. The unicorn didn't want to fight Somnus, so he was basically avoiding the attacks.

Arrow looked over at Ruby.

"Hey, you mind helping me out here?"

Ruby just watched smirking the interaction between the two ponies, and when Arrow asked her to help, she just sat down on the floor and smirked "Nah, I don't want to get any over-eager dragon-hunters coming to save you from me." she was referencing the quick event at the training yard "Besides, this is the most entertaining thing to happen today." "Oh, and I have already been smacked with a stick enough for today."

13 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just watched smirking the interaction between the two ponies, and when Arrow asked her to help, she just sat down on the floor and smirked "Nah, I don't want to get any over-eager dragon-hunters coming to save you from me." she was referencing the quick event at the training yard "Besides, this is the most entertaining thing to happen today." "Oh, and I have already been smacked with a stick enough for today."

Arrow decided that he had to fight back, but being nowhere near as experienced as Somnus in this type of fighting, the unicorn was knocked to the ground. His helmet was knocked off during the fall.

Winning by directly fighting Somnus was not the way to go, so maybe he could use something against him to make him back down. 

"I never wanted to do this, but it's my only option."

Multiple spears surrounded Ruby. He was threatening the dragon in an attempt to make Somnus back down. There was one problem though... this caused the bat pony to have more of a reason to take him down.

With a swing of the headless spear, Arrow was down. He was alive, but he was out cold. The spears surrounding Ruby fell to the ground.

"You are not going to hurt R-"

He then realized something and turned to Ruby.

"Something tells me he was bluffing with that one threat."

He looked down at Arrow debating whether or not this was the way to handle the situation, shrugged it off deciding he had it coming to him, and looked back at Ruby again.

"Eh, he'll probably live."

22 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow decided that he had to fight back, but being nowhere near as experienced as Somnus in this type of fighting, the unicorn was knocked to the ground. His helmet was knocked off during the fall.

Winning by directly fighting Somnus was not the way to go, so maybe he could use something against him to make him back down. 

"I never wanted to do this, but it's my only option."

Multiple spears surrounded Ruby. He was threatening the dragon in an attempt to make Somnus back down. There was one problem though... this caused the bat pony to have more of a reason to take him down.

With a swing of the headless spear, Arrow was down. He was alive, but he was out cold. The spears surrounding Ruby fell to the ground.

"You are not going to hurt R-"

He then realized something and turned to Ruby.

"Something tells me he was bluffing with that one threat."

He looked down at Arrow debating whether or not this was the way to handle the situation, shrugged it off deciding he had it coming to him, and looked back at Ruby again.

"Eh, he'll probably live."

Ruby didn't show any reaction when the spears appeared, she knew there was no danger to her, after all, no guard would be stupid enough to ruin their career and freedom for something this worthless, and when the spears went down, she looked almost disappointed. She got up lazily "Still going to deny the obvious?" she didn't give Somnus time to reply "You ponies really baffle me." "First Twilight, then Celestia, and now you, regardless of the fear I cause in others and my generally un-ponylike behavior and believes, you keep finding something in me." "Or is t just that? Are you just getting bored with the peace and harmony so you want something unpredictable close to you?"

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

He looked at her and told her what was going on.

"My intention never was to make you like other ponies, I wanted to show you another side to life. I saw you in the treasury alone, you seemed content, but it also seemed you were missing a lot the world has to offer. I was trying to make your life better and while doing so, feelings started to develop, feelings that I've not felt in a long time."

He looked at the ground and continued with what he was saying.

"You aren't naive. You aren't blind to the harsh realities of life, that's one of the many things I like about you. I understand that you don't have those same feelings for me and I wouldn't deserve it even if you did have them."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby just blinked again, not being familiar with things like this, she didn't really have an emotion to feel, and she lacked the empathy to make an attempt to make Somnus's situation less 
unconformable, "Regarding your goal, you still haven't convinced me that it's better here than in the treasury, maybe even the opposite." "But I give it to you, it has been an amusing day, and I got a cat, even if it will die in a heartbeat due its short lifespan." "And for rest of what you said, I don't know what to think or how to react, and I don't mean it in a way that characters in your ponies' romance stories doesn't know how to react, I actually mean that I have no emotion, thought or reaction to this." 

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby just blinked again, not being familiar with things like this, she didn't really have an emotion to feel, and she lacked the empathy to make an attempt to make Somnus's situation less 
unconformable, "Regarding your goal, you still haven't convinced me that it's better here than in the treasury, maybe even the opposite." "But I give it to you, it has been an amusing day, and I got a cat, even if it will die in a heartbeat due its short lifespan." "And for rest of what you said, I don't know what to think or how to react, and I don't mean it in a way that characters in your ponies' romance stories doesn't know how to react, I actually mean that I have no emotion, thought or reaction to this." 

"If your species cannot love, then how could you have possibly be born? Certainly you have biological parents and in order for them to have created you, they couldn't have hated each other."

Arrow woke up.

"He's right! That's basic biology right there!"

"No one asked for your opinion Arrow!"

"But I just agreed with you!"

"I don't care!"

He looked back at Ruby. This wasn't about getting her to like him, though he hoped that maybe such a thing would happen, this was about showing her what she is missing in her life.

"You simply are yet to experience what is truly important in life. How about this, let me take you around Canterlot. Showing you the other side of life is impossible within the confines of this castle. Please, let me help you see a better part of life."

24 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"If your species cannot love, then how could you have possibly be born? Certainly you have biological parents and in order for them to have created you, they couldn't have hated each other."

Arrow woke up.

"He's right! That's basic biology right there!"

"No one asked for your opinion Arrow!"

"But I just agreed with you!"

"I don't care!"

He looked back at Ruby. This wasn't about getting her to like him, though he hoped that maybe such a thing would happen, this was about showing her what she is missing in her life.

"You simply are yet to experience what is truly important in life. How about this, let me take around Canterlot. Showing you the other side of life is impossible within the confines of this castle. Please, let me help you see a better part of life."

"It's fully instinctual, there's no love, at any point." Ruby argued "For example, I know nothing about my father, in fact, due the slowness of the process, he had been gone over an year if not two before I hatched, and I was thrown out to live alone pretty much immediately after I knew how to hunt and fight a little." "And I'm not special on that, that's just how it works." "I don't say it's impossible, it just hasn't ever happened."

"And I don't know about better part of life, since I'm having a blast of an life right now." "But I have a feeling you won't leave me alone if I don't give you a chance on that, I just need to do few things first since I can't exactly leave the treasury unguarded, and I don't trust just anyone to guard it."

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It's fully instinctual, there's no love, at any point." Ruby argued "For example, I know nothing about my father, in fact, due the slowness of the process, he had been gone over an year if not two before I hatched, and I was thrown out to live alone pretty much immediately after I knew how to hunt and fight a little." "And I'm not special on that, that's just how it works." "I don't say it's impossible, it just hasn't ever happened."

"And I don't know about better part of life, since I'm having a blast of an life right now." "But I have a feeling you won't leave me alone if I don't give you a chance on that, I just need to do few things first since I can't exactly leave the treasury unguarded, and I don't trust just anyone to guard it."

Hearing that she didn't think it was impossible gave Somnus some hope.

"Looks like you will be the first!"

Somnus was ready to follow her down to the treasury.

"I'd suggest making Arrow guard it, but he's a bit of an idiot at times."

Somnus wasn't mad at Arrow anymore, but he still didn't think Arrow was capable or guarding something so important. He was good at patrolling, but was not too great at guarding a specific place.

"Anyway, since we're talking about how things work, I guess I'll share how ponies do things. We ponies care for our young usually until they turn 18, which is when they go out into society and get a job. We're rarely ever hunted or hunting. Though we do go fishing and kill the fish go feed to our pets. Although we look all tiny and weak, we are tough when we have to be."

Somnus gave an example.

"Ever heard of Fluttershy? She seems weak at first glance, but she's the toughest pony I've ever seen! Once there was a dragon near Ponyville creating too much smoke and she yelled at the dragon and made it cry! And this was a huge dragon too."

He asked a question.

"Do you happen to know that dragon?"

He didn't see it as likely, but he'd get a kick out of it if she did!

The Emperor of the Trains Empire would be walking here, next to them. He gave them a glance, to all of them: the Batpony, the Unicorn, and even the Dragon. Figuring out Will Guide was probably cleaning somewhere in the Castle, the Alicorn stallion simply decided to visit the place by himself. And if he got lost, he'd shrug it off and teleport back to the main entrance.

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Hearing that she didn't think it was impossible gave Somnus some hope.

"Looks like you will be the first!"

Somnus was ready to follow her down to the treasury.

"I'd suggest making Arrow guard it, but he's a bit of an idiot at times."

Somnus wasn't mad at Arrow anymore, but he still didn't think Arrow was capable or guarding something so important. He was good at patrolling, but was not too great at guarding a specific place.

"Anyway, since we're talking about how things work, I guess I'll share how ponies do things. We ponies care for our young usually until they turn 18, which is when they go out into society and get a job. We're rarely ever hunted or hunting. Though we do go fishing and kill the fish go feed to our pets. Although we look all tiny and weak, we are tough when we have to be."

Somnus gave an example.

"Ever heard of Fluttershy? She seems weak at first glance, but she's the toughest pony I've ever seen! Once there was a dragon near Ponyville creating too much smoke and she yelled at the dragon and made it cry! And this was a huge dragon too."

He asked a question.

"Do you happen to know that dragon?"

He didn't see it as likely, but he'd get a kick out of it if she did!

"I already have somepony who's purpose is to substitute me in case of the impossible happening." Ruby explained as she started walking

"I'm fully aware how things work for you ponies, I used days to study you before coming here, after all, my original plan was to live among you as a pony, that's why I have this awful form in the first place." she pointed out "And yes, I know her, she was one of the first ponies you tried to use to change me, but I wouldn't call that toughness, since it was thanks to what they seem to call the stare, it's clearly magic, and it triggers our fear." "And no, I don't know that dragon, I have had no association with the Equestrian type."

11 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

The Emperor of the Trains Empire would be walking here, next to them. He gave them a glance, to all of them: the Batpony, the Unicorn, and even the Dragon. Figuring out Will Guide was probably cleaning somewhere in the Castle, the Alicorn stallion simply decided to visit the place by himself. And if he got lost, he'd shrug it off and teleport back to the main entrance.

Ruby just glanced back at the blue alicorn that had appeared, she wondered if Celestia had told him about her being a dragon, and if she had warned him about her lack of respect.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I already have somepony who's purpose is to substitute me in case of the impossible happening." Ruby explained as she started walking

"I'm fully aware how things work for you ponies, I used days to study you before coming here, after all, my original plan was to live among you as a pony, that's why I have this awful form in the first place." she pointed out "And yes, I know her, she was one of the first ponies you tried to use to change me, but I wouldn't call that toughness, since it was thanks to what they seem to call the stare, it's clearly magic, and it triggers our fear." "And no, I don't know that dragon, I have had no association with the Equestrian type."

"Only Fluttershy has the stare as far as I know. I doubt it's magic, it seems more like psycological. Besides, ponies failed to change you because they were never supposed to. Your mind only needs to be opened to new and better things.

@Emperor Blu Traincrown

He glanced at the alicorn for a second. Seeing that this alicorn was probably royalty, Somnus would usually ask if needed anyone to guard him, but he didn't since he was off duty because of his injuries. (Quoted wrong person so had to edit and put mention)

13 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

That wasn't true. Will Guide didn't leave Blu's side as the Royal visitor followed the others through the hallway. As they went on, Will quickly wiped down the hallway as if on autopilot but his conscious mind was only focused on one thing: Blu.

@Lucid_Nightlight @Catpone Cerberus

Whatever the rest of the guys might have done or said since Will last spoken, Will didn't know nor cared. To the Unicorn with a Changeling spirit for a literal soulmate, there was only Blu and a castle and town to clean and show the Alicorn around. To both Wills, Blu was the most amazing thing ever. Even 100 times more beautiful than all 5 of the Alicorn Princesses put together. Not even Flurry Heart could hold a candle to Blu. And usually Flurry Heart would make Will react like this every time Will sees her:

Edited by Happy Yoshi
Add in video clip

4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just glanced back at the blue alicorn that had appeared, she wondered if Celestia had told him about her being a dragon, and if she had warned him about her lack of respect.

Being a new visitor to Canterlot's Castle and Equestria itself, Emperor Blu wasn't aware of anything in this place. However he did read some books about this country before coming, knowing this land was a peaceful one. That's why he didn't think much about the mare he saw.

2 hours ago, Happy Yoshi said:

That wasn't true. Will Guide didn't leave Blu's side as the Royal visitor followed the others through the hallway. As they went on, Will quickly wiped down the hallway as if on autopilot but his conscious mind was only focused on one thing: Blu.

Whatever the rest of the guys might have done or said since Will last spoken, Will didn't know nor cared. To the Unicorn with a Changeling spirit for a literal soulmate, there was only Blu and a castle and town to clean and show the Alicorn around. To both Wills, Blu was the most amazing thing ever. Even 100 times more beautiful than all 5 of the Alicorn Princesses put together. Not even Flurry Heart could hold a candle to Blu. And usually Flurry Heart would make Will react like this every time Will sees her.

Speaking of the "devil", so to speak, Blu smiled as his eyes laid on Will. "There thou are, Will Guide. I was looking for thee." the Alicorn happily stated as he spreaded his wings in a Regal wingspan, while graciousely walking towards the servant.

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Only Fluttershy has the stare as far as I know. I doubt it's magic, it seems more like psycological. Besides, ponies failed to change you because they were never supposed to. Your mind only needs to be opened to new and better things.

"As a victim of said stare, I stand behind my claim that there's something magical about it, it not being a spell doesn't mean it's not magic." Ruby pointed out like always, she really liked to prove others wrong "And funny that you mentioned it, you're the first one to realize that you can't just change me, but you're also missing a thing." "You all keep saying that I'm like I am because it's what I'm used to." "It's the same with the whole respect thing." "Have you ever thought about asking instead of assuming?" "Asking why I didn't enjoy living among you ponies as pony, asking what makes me respect one pony and a hamster, but not you?" "I'm honestly surprised that nobody has even asked who that one pony is."

14 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Being a new visitor to Canterlot's Castle and Equestria itself, Emperor Blu wasn't aware of anything in this place. However he did read some books about this country before coming, knowing this land was a peaceful one. That's why he didn't think much about the mare he saw.

Speaking of the "devil", so to speak, Blu smiled as his eyes laid on Will. "There thou are, Will Guide. I was looking for thee." the Alicorn happily stated as he spreaded his wings in a Regal wingspan, while graciousely walking towards the servant.

Ruby looked curiously as the alicorn only paid any real attention to Will, and most importantly, didn't say a word about respect, this was one weird alicorn. 

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"As a victim of said stare, I stand behind my claim that there's something magical about it, it not being a spell doesn't mean it's not magic." Ruby pointed out like always, she really liked to prove others wrong "And funny that you mentioned it, you're the first one to realize that you can't just change me, but you're also missing a thing." "You all keep saying that I'm like I am because it's what I'm used to." "It's the same with the whole respect thing." "Have you ever thought about asking instead of assuming?" "Asking why I didn't enjoy living among you ponies as pony, asking what makes me respect one pony and a hamster, but not you?" "I'm honestly surprised that nobody has even asked who that one pony is."

This was a fair point that Ruby had.

"Ok then, why didn't you enjoy living around ponies? Who was this pony that gained your respect? What is that gains your respect?"

52 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Will kept himself at a respectable distance to the Alicorn. "Uh, yeah, sir. Was just cleaning. So where would you like to go first?"

2 minutes ago, Happy Yoshi said:

Will kept himself at a respectable distance to the Alicorn. "Uh, yeah, sir. Was just cleaning. So where would you like to go first?"

"Being new in this city is not helping me to choose where to start. So please allow me to ask thou by where shall we start, Will Guide." The Alicorn gently replied, waiting for Will to take the lead.

26 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

This was a fair point that Ruby had.

"Ok then, why didn't you enjoy living around ponies? Who was this pony that gained your respect? What is that gains your respect?"

Ruby exhaled "I knew you would ask after I mentioned it..." she slowed down a bit, still moving towards the treasury "...i'll keep it as short as I can."

"First the quickest answer, you ponies are very annoying creatures, all you do is talk about worthless stuff...about weather, your unimpressive talents, some boring rumors about other ponies." "And when not doing that, you keep asking question about the same worthless topics, what's your talent, where are you from, do you know this pony...blah, blah and blah, who cares."

"Then, the rest....." "It may surprise you, but the pony I respect is actually Twilight, the friendship princess, that of course doesn't mean I like her, I just respect her and why? Because she's strong." "And I don't mean the stereotypical brute force type of strength that you like to associate me with, this is whole different thing." "What makes her and a hamster strong, but you weak you may ask, and probably would if I didn't tell it." "It's simple, they didn't hide behind weapons and magic like you do." "Twilight faced me, an angry dragon four times her size without any weapons and armor, without lighting her horn, and I could sense that she knew the risk." "Your hamster, a creature so small that I wouldn't even notice if it tried to attack me, yet he did exactly that, because it saw me as a threat to its owner." her tone was the usual, lacking any obvious emotion

"Then there's I myself, I was trapped in a hole without real food for a week, from which first days i couldn't even move, because I defended the little I had knowing I had no change to actually winning the fight, everything from my claws to my fire were useless." she then gave a rather challenging look at the two guards "Then there are you, in fact, every guard and princess in this castle, you hide behind your weapons and magic, but without them, you're useless sacks of meat." "Your magic fails, your run away, your weapons break, you run away, your armor fails, you ran away." she focused on Arrow now specifically "You praise yourself for killing a dragon, but you did nothing, you knew your armor would save you, you knew your enchanted weapons would do their job....most creatures hide when faced with a stronger foe, you're not any better than them, your hiding place just is different."

she then shrugged and continued "Though I don't understand your fascination with respect, you don't need it to come along with someone, ask those who actually work with me if you don't believe me."

30 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby exhaled "I knew you would ask after I mentioned it..." she slowed down a bit, still moving towards the treasury "...i'll keep it as short as I can."

"First the quickest answer, you ponies are very annoying creatures, all you do is talk about worthless stuff...about weather, your unimpressive talents, some boring rumors about other ponies." "And when not doing that, you keep asking question about the same worthless topics, what's your talent, where are you from, do you know this pony...blah, blah and blah, who cares."

"Then, the rest....." "It may surprise you, but the pony I respect is actually Twilight, the friendship princess, that of course doesn't mean I like her, I just respect her and why? Because she's strong." "And I don't mean the stereotypical brute force type of strength that you like to associate me with, this is whole different thing." "What makes her and a hamster strong, but you weak you may ask, and probably would if I didn't tell it." "It's simple, they didn't hide behind weapons and magic like you do." "Twilight faced me, an angry dragon four times her size without any weapons and armor, without lighting her horn, and I could sense that she knew the risk." "Your hamster, a creature so small that I wouldn't even notice if it tried to attack me, yet he did exactly that, because it saw me as a threat to its owner." her tone was the usual, lacking any obvious emotion

"Then there's I myself, I was trapped in a hole without real food for a week, from which first days i couldn't even move, because I defended the little I had knowing I had no change to actually winning the fight, everything from my claws to my fire were useless." she then gave a rather challenging look at the two guards "Then there are you, in fact, every guard and princess in this castle, you hide behind your weapons and magic, but without them, you're useless sacks of meat." "Your magic fails, your run away, your weapons break, you run away, your armor fails, you ran away." she focused on Arrow now specifically "You praise yourself for killing a dragon, but you did nothing, you knew your armor would save you, you knew your enchanted weapons would do their job....most creatures hide when faced with a stronger foe, you're not any better than them, your hiding place just is different."

she then shrugged and continued "Though I don't understand your fascination with respect, you don't need it to come along with someone, ask those who actually work with me if you don't believe me."

"So that's what it is. You are insulting things that you do not even understand. You think we wear this armor, use these weapons, and use our magic because we are afraid of you?"

Somnus looked at her, he seemed .

"If you seriously think this armor and this spear is what keeps me from running away, then you're wrong."

He threw of his armor and threw the spear to the ground. He was going to face Ruby unarmed. He didn't do this because he wanted respect, he did it to prove a point.

"I'm going to fight you right here and I am going to win! And don't you think for a second that this broken leg will stop me. Just remember, it's not to the death since I do NOT want to kill you."

He still likes Ruby for sure, which was why this wasn't to the death.

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So that's what it is. You are insulting things that you do not even understand. You think we wear this armor, use these weapons, and use our magic because we are afraid of you?"

Somnus looked at her, he seemed .

"If you seriously think this armor and this spear is what keeps me from running away, then you're wrong."

He threw of his armor and threw the spear to the ground. He was going to face Ruby unarmed. He didn't do this because he wanted respect, he did it to prove a point.

"I'm going to fight you right here and I am going to win! And don't you think for a second that this broken leg will stop me. Just remember, it's not to the death since I do NOT want to kill you."

He still likes Ruby for sure, which was why this wasn't to the death.

Ruby didn't even look at Somnus and kept walking "What is with that need to protect your pride." "You totally missed the point." she spoke calmly "Besides, I never said you're afraid of me, in fact, I can smell that you aren't, you really underestimate my intelligence here " "Think about what I said, there's something common in those stories, it's not that they didn't include weapons." "Since even in Twilight's case it wasn't that she chose to not use weapons or magic, but that they wouldn't have helped, the guards that were with her didn't have enchanted equipment, and Twilight simply didn't believe any of her spells would have done anything." "Maybe you should put your pride aside for a moment and listen what others say." her tone was weirdly..educational, she didn't sound like a bitter dragon, it was more like that of an teacher, calmly pointing out students mistakes.

15 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't even look at Somnus and kept walking "What is with that need to protect your pride." "You totally missed the point." she spoke calmly "Besides, I never said you're afraid of me, in fact, I can smell that you aren't, you really underestimate my intelligence here " "Think about what I said, there's something common in those stories, it's not that they didn't include weapons." "Since even in Twilight's case it wasn't that she chose to not use weapons or magic, but that they wouldn't have helped, the guards that were with her didn't have enchanted equipment, and Twilight simply didn't believe any of her spells would have done anything." "Maybe you should put your pride aside for a moment and listen what others say." her tone was weirdly..educational, she didn't sound like a bitter dragon, it was more like that of an teacher, calmly pointing out students mistakes.

Somnus kept walking and left his stuff on the floor, someone would come around and put it in the armory eventually. Somnus for once was unable to come up with something to say.

Arrow was the opposite. He had a lot to say to Ruby.

"What about YOUR pride? Somnus deserves your respect more than any pony in all of Equestria and I'll prove it to you! Let me show you something."

Arrow took an orb from his saddlebag and a vortex pulled Ruby, Somnus, and Arrow in.

"This was a little over 1000 years ago when Luna became Nightmare Moon. No one within this orb can see or hear us."

Somnus didn't say anything, not even when he saw another Somnus, which was obviously him from over 1000 years ago.

Nightmare Moon appeared before Somnus who was ready to fight.

"Thou is thy only guard that is not one of Celestia's who refused to side with me. Why does thee defy me?"

"You betrayed all of Equestria. I'm going to stop you."

"Your weapons are useless against me. Thy has no chance."

"I will stop you or I die trying."

He charged at her and was blasted by magic. Even so, he got up and charged again. This time a more power blast threw him into the wall. This time he was unable to get up. He tried his best to stand, but it was pointless.

"Thou cannot stand and yet thee still persists? Now I will finish y-"

She stopped as if hearing something and then flew away. She must've went after Celestia.

The orb spit all three of them out.

"Now look at me in the eye and tell me that he does not deserve your respect."

Somnus still said nothing. He just looked at the ground looking defeated.

@Catpone Cerberus @Lucid_Nightlight @Happy Yoshi

Some hoofsteps could be heard near Somnus and Ruby. By the sound of these, loud and in a steady rythm, it was easy to guess it was Canterlot's Captain of the Royal Guards, Captain Rose Spear. She was an average height pink mare, with light blue eyes, stictly combed dark blonde mane and tail and a Spear on top of a heart as Cutie Mark. She would always be seen wearing her cerulean military Uniform. She was a tough mare, meaning her orders would better be followed and obeyed without question, otherwise serious consequences were likely to follow. Obviousely it was the same with respect. She wouldn't play with insolence and such as her personal motto stated: "Discipline and Obedience together form Might and Pride!"

50 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus kept walking and left his stuff on the floor, someone would come around and put it in the armory eventually. Somnus for once was unable to come up with something to say.

Arrow was the opposite. He had a lot to say to Ruby.

"What about YOUR pride? Somnus deserves your respect more than any pony in all of Equestria and I'll prove it to you! Let me show you something."

Arrow took an orb from his saddlebag and a vortex pulled Ruby, Somnus, and Arrow in.

"This was a little over 1000 years ago when Luna became Nightmare Moon. No one within this orb can see or hear us."

Somnus didn't say anything, not even when he saw another Somnus, which was obviously him from over 1000 years ago.

Nightmare Moon appeared before Somnus who was ready to fight.

"Thou is thy only guard that is not one of Celestia's who refused to side with me. Why does thee defy me?"

"You betrayed all of Equestria. I'm going to stop you."

"Your weapons are useless against me. Thy has no chance."

"I will stop you or I die trying."

He charged at her and was blasted by magic. Even so, he got up and charged again. This time a more power blast threw him into the wall. This time he was unable to get up. He tried his best to stand, but it was pointless.

"Thou cannot stand and yet thee still persists? Now I will finish y-"

She stopped as if hearing something and then flew away. She must've went after Celestia.

The orb spit all three of them out.

"Now look at me in the eye and tell me that he does not deserve your respect."

Somnus still said nothing. He just looked at the ground looking defeated.

Ruby did look Arrow in the eye and just simply stated "That was thousand years ago." she then looked away and shook her head "Why is it so important to have someones respect, why do you need to prove yourself to a dragon?" "Respect means absolutely nothing." she looked at Arrow "You mentioned my pride, I agree, I show quite lot of pride to myself, and that's exactly why I despise it." "Pride is weakness, it is used to hide weakness." "Requiring someones respect is weakness, why do you need somebody else's approval of yourself?" "Liking and having respect are two different things, i like cats, but I don't respect them, I respect Twilight, but i for sure don't like her."

47 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

@Catpone Cerberus @Lucid_Nightlight @Happy Yoshi

Some hoofsteps could be heard near Somnus and Ruby. By the sound of these, loud and in a steady rythm, it was easy to guess it was Canterlot's Captain of the Royal Guards, Captain Rose Spear. She was an average height pink mare, with light blue eyes, stictly combed dark blonde mane and tail and a Spear on top of a heart as Cutie Mark. She would always be seen wearing her cerulean military Uniform. She was a tough mare, meaning her orders would better be followed and obeyed without question, otherwise serious consequences were likely to follow. Obviousely it was the same with respect. She wouldn't play with insolence and such as her personal motto stated: "Discipline and Obedience together form Might and Pride!"

Speaking of respect Ruby thought to herself as she could recognize the steps coming closer to them, she didn't remember the name of the pony, because she had specifically made an attempt to not remember it, but it was the captain of the guard, she didn't really like her to say the least, but she was sure the feeling was very mutual, since the captain was rather big on the whole respect thing...the only thing Ruby really lacked. 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby did look Arrow in the eye and just simply stated "That was thousand years ago." she then looked away and shook her head "Why is it so important to have someones respect, why do you need to prove yourself to a dragon?" "Respect means absolutely nothing." she looked at Arrow "You mentioned my pride, I agree, I show quite lot of pride to myself, and that's exactly why I despise it." "Pride is weakness, it is used to hide weakness." "Requiring someones respect is weakness, why do you need somebody else's approval of yourself?" "Liking and having respect are two different things, i like cats, but I don't respect them, I respect Twilight, but i for sure don't like her."

"Somnus is not demanding respect, I am the one demanding that you respect h-"

"That's enough Arrow! I am not doing this for respect, but she's right. I need to put my pride aside if I'm going to help her."

Seeing that the treasury was just right there, he looked at Ruby.

"Now that all interuptions are out of the way, let's get ready to head out."