Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

4 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow threw another ball of paper at the changeling.

"This is not how this works in the movies!"

"You suck!"

Felis looked a Rose.

"Please! Make it stop!"

Rose shook her head. "You know what to do to make it stop. And don't worry, we have ALL day~" she stated as her smile didn't lose its smug aspect. She rather found it funny Felis compared this to a film, it was cute and adorable, to her.

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Oh don't worry, they'll listen to me."

Somnus thought for a moment. That hayburger place was out if the question. So much for the mega cool ball pit. Ice cream would just melt for her, so he couldn't do that.

"Well, we could start by going around and messing with ponies."

He grabbed a bottle of dish soap from his saddlebag.

"How about messing up the fountain in the middle of town?"

Ruby shrugged "Lead to way, it's not like I have any suggestions on what to do." The amount of rich ponies around annoyed her slightly, so much good treasure wasted on those egoistic hooves, if only she would get it all to herself. "One positive side I have to say about this place is the lack of that pink pony."

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby shrugged "Lead to way, it's not like I have any suggestions on what to do." The amount of rich ponies around annoyed her slightly, so much good treasure wasted on those egoistic hooves, if only she would get it all to herself. "One positive side I have to say about this place is the lack of that pink pony."

Somnus walked towards the middle of town.

"So, what made you decide to come to Equestria instead of living in some boring old cave? You must have a reason, right?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose shook her head. "You know what to do to make it stop. And don't worry, we have ALL day~" she stated as her smile didn't lose its smug aspect. She rather found it funny Felis compared this to a film, it was cute and adorable, to her.

"Alright fine! I disguised myself as one of the ponies on a fieldtrip to the castle and tricked a dragon-pony hybrid into distracting Ruby so that I could steal the treasure."

Arrow added something from outside the room.

"We figured out early on that the hybrid had no idea of Felis' plan, so we allowed her to leave due to being proven innocent."

12 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus walked towards the middle of town.

"So, what made you decide to come to Equestria instead of living in some boring old cave? You must have a reason, right?"

"Opportunity." Ruby simply replied "I lost the little I had and recognized that I'm no match to those already leading in the hoarding game." "Then through some pony travelers I learned about Equestria, and saw an opportunity for safe and easy way to gain treasure in herbivorous-civilization." "Cave really is boring if there's nothing in it after all."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Opportunity." Ruby simply replied "I lost the little I had and recognized that I'm no match to those already leading in the hoarding game." "Then through some pony travelers I learned about Equestria, and saw an opportunity for safe and easy way to gain treasure in herbivorous-civilization." "Cave really is boring if there's nothing in it after all."

Perhaps Somnus could get somewhere with these questions, maybe there was a lot more to this dragon than most ponies thought.

"Are you really bitter simply because you're a dragon or is there perhaps something that happened to you? Did someone do something to you that broke your trust towards ponies? How about your childhood?"

The bat pony has seen this many times. It was pretty common for personal issues to link to some sort of event.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

11 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Perhaps Somnus could get somewhere with these questions, maybe there was a lot more to this dragon than most ponies thought.

"Are you really bitter simply because you're a dragon or is there perhaps something that happened to you? Did someone do something to you that broke your trust towards ponies? How about your childhood?"

The bat pony has seen this many times. It was pretty common for personal issues to link to some sort of event.

"There was never any trust to be broken." Ruby replied coldly "As a predator, there is only two types of creatures, the prey and the competition." "I thought ponies as prey, but with your technology and magic, you're competition." she exhaled amused once "There is no childhood either." "From the moment I hatched I was taught how to survive, and like I told earlier, after I learned that, I was on my own."

4 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"There was never any trust to be broken." Ruby replied coldly "As a predator, there is only two types of creatures, the prey and the competition." "I thought ponies as prey, but with your technology and magic, you're competition." she exhaled amused once "There is no childhood either." "From the moment I hatched I was taught how to survive, and like I told earlier, after I learned that, I was on my own."

"Well, I can tell one thing. You think you're not soft, but let's face, you are. You can't not be soft and love cats at the same time."

The tiny kitten let out a little meow at the dragon.

"Tell me with a straight face that the kitten isn't the most adorable little thing."

2 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, I can tell one thing. You think you're not soft, but let's face, you are. You can't not be soft and love cats at the same time."

The tiny kitten let out a little meow at the dragon.

"Tell me with a straight face that the kitten isn't the most adorable little thing."

"Love is rather strong word." Ruby argued as she gently petted the cat "I would say it's more that I tolerate them more than other creatures." there was clearly something Ruby didn't tell, she looked at Somnus with straight face "I don't know what you mean by adorable, I have not learned the meaning of that word."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Love is rather strong word." Ruby argued as she gently petted the cat "I would say it's more that I tolerate them more than other creatures." there was clearly something Ruby didn't tell, she looked at Somnus with straight face "I don't know what you mean by adorable, I have not learned the meaning of that word."

"I'm not a fool, I can see it in your eyes. There is something that are not telling me. So, since I already know that you are withholding something, maybe it's a good time to just tell me what it is."

The cat started to purr as Ruby petted it.

"I'm not a fool, I can see it in your eyes. There is something that are not telling me. So, since I already know that you are withholding something, maybe it's a good time to just tell me what it is."

The cat started to purr as Ruby petted it.

"Well, for starters, my later statement is actually true." Ruby started as she kept petting the cat "But you're right I did leave something out, but it was mostly because it wasn't important for the topic at hoof." she looked over to a distance, her face didn't reveal anything "I owe cats both my life and sanity."

6 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, for starters, my later statement is actually true." Ruby started as she kept petting the cat "But you're right I did leave something out, but it was mostly because it wasn't important for the topic at hoof." she looked over to a distance, her face didn't reveal anything "I owe cats both my life and sanity."

Somnus was interested now.

"So, cats saved your life? Did it have anything to do with being stuck in a hole as you mentioned earlier."

Somnus was interested now.

"So, cats saved your life? Did it have anything to do with being stuck in a hole as you mentioned earlier."

"Exactly." Ruby replied "As to be expected, I wasn't really in the shape to hunt when I couldn't move at all at first and barely walk later." "In all honestly, I was sure my poor excuse for a life had met its end." her face was still blank "But then a family of cats, some kind of bigger breed than the ones here, found me, and for some odd reason started taking care of me." "You know, brought food and stuff" "Sure it wasn't anything too great since they were just cats, but it was enough to keep me going until I was healed enough to fly."

(edited)
53 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Exactly." Ruby replied "As to be expected, I wasn't really in the shape to hunt when I couldn't move at all at first and barely walk later." "In all honestly, I was sure my poor excuse for a life had met its end." her face was still blank "But then a family of cats, some kind of bigger breed than the ones here, found me, and for some odd reason started taking care of me." "You know, brought food and stuff" "Sure it wasn't anything too great since they were just cats, but it was enough to keep me going until I was healed enough to fly."

"The kindness they had towards you is why you still are alive. Has this ever made you think about showing the same kindness towards others?"

"Why do you shut yourself away from others? Why do you want to hold onto this pointless hatred? Could it be because of the pride that you despise so much?"

He looked at the dragon, he obviously cared about her.

"It's not that you are unable to feel emotions such as love, you CAN feel those emotions, the problem is that you run away from it, you try hide from it in that treasury. You run and hide from something that you've never had the chance to understand. This is your chance to understand it."

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Alright fine! I disguised myself as one of the ponies on a fieldtrip to the castle and tricked a dragon-pony hybrid into distracting Ruby so that I could steal the treasure."

Arrow added something from outside the room.

"We figured out early on that the hybrid had no idea of Felis' plan, so we allowed her to leave due to being proven innocent."

"Finally! So, who had you do this? Or maybe you tried to steal us on your own? In any case, your fate isn't gonna turn out good, I'm afraid."

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"The kindness they had towards you is why you still are alive. Has this ever made you think about showing the same kindness towards others?"

"Why do you shut yourself away from others? Why do you want to hold onto this pointless hatred? Could it be because of the pride that you despise so much?"

He looked at the dragon, he obviously cared about her.

"It's not that you are unable to feel emotions such as love, you CAN feel those emotions, the problem is that you run away from it, you try hide from it in that treasury. You run and hide from something that you've never had the chance to understand. This is your chance to understand it."

Ruby blinked "Is it kindness, or tactic in survival." "Like I live among you to avoid getting killed by someone like Arrow, those cats may just have figured that by helping me, they prevented getting killed by me." "And besides, I'm friendly to cats if you didn't notice, I'm repaying to them what they did." she kept her blank expression "Would you start being kind towards Timberwolfs, or some other Everfree predator, only because I helped you?"

"We are loners." she claimed "I'm not one to say if it's our nature or our upbringing, but we have, and always will be loners." "And what makes you think it's hatred?" "Lack of emotions like empathy and love doesn't equal hatred." "Do ponies hate fish because you don't feel bad for feeding it to your pets?" "I only hate those who give reason to do so, others I just mildly dislike at worst."

"I have heard that mantra already, just replace love with friendship and it's the same thing what Twilight tried." Ruby said unimpressed "It doesn't how many times you say it, something that hasn't happened for century, won't suddenly happen because you told it to."

(edited)
3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby blinked "Is it kindness, or tactic in survival." "Like I live among you to avoid getting killed by someone like Arrow, those cats may just have figured that by helping me, they prevented getting killed by me." "And besides, I'm friendly to cats if you didn't notice, I'm repaying to them what they did." she kept her blank expression "Would you start being kind towards Timberwolfs, or some other Everfree predator, only because I helped you?"

"We are loners." she claimed "I'm not one to say if it's our nature or our upbringing, but we have, and always will be loners." "And what makes you think it's hatred?" "Lack of emotions like empathy and love doesn't equal hatred." "Do ponies hate fish because you don't feel bad for feeding it to your pets?" "I only hate those who give reason to do so, others I just mildly dislike at worst."

"I have heard that mantra already, just replace love with friendship and it's the same thing what Twilight tried." Ruby said unimpressed "It doesn't how many times you say it, something that hasn't happened for century, won't suddenly happen because you told it to."

"If they wanted to keep you from eating them, they would've left you in that hole. The thing is, them helping you out actually created a possibility for you to eat them while with leaving you, doing so would be impossible. You could've killed all of them easily once you were healed and they were willing to risk that to save you."

Now, to hatred and empathy.

"If you had no empathy, you would have eaten those cats. Repaying them would never even cross your mind."

So Twilight said the same thing. Maybe he could use this to his advantage.

"That's because it is true. What you say now proves the point further. You are hiding behind the fact that you have heard it before. It's just like you've told me earlier, the hiding place is just different."

------------------------------------------

5 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Finally! So, who had you do this? Or maybe you tried to steal us on your own? In any case, your fate isn't gonna turn out good, I'm afraid."

"I'm doing this on my own. So, what's my fate, are you gonna throw rainbows at me?"

"Actually no. What will likely happen is that you will be given over to Thorax's hive and you will be at the mercy of their justice system since you are not a citizen of Equestria."

28 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"If they wanted to keep you from eating them, they would've left you in that hole. The thing is, them helping you out actually created a possibility for you to eat them while with leaving you, doing so would be impossible. You could've killed all of them easily once you were healed and they were willing to risk that to save you."

Now, to hatred and empathy.

"If you had no empathy, you would have eaten those cats. Repaying them would never even cross your mind."

So Twilight said the same thing. Maybe he could use this to his advantage.

"That's because it is true. What you say now proves the point further. You are hiding behind the fact that you have heard it before. It's just like you've told me earlier, the hiding place is just different."

"That is assuming they are intelligent enough to think like that." Ruby pointed out "Many things that you may think is end result of complicated thinking is just instinct." "But regardless of why they did it, it still doesn't give me a reason to think anything else about other creatures."

When Somnus pointed out the thing about Ruby not harming the cats, something seemed to hit Ruby, but the change was so quickly gone that it wasn't clear what it was "So is paying your debt a sign of empathy?" "I thought it's about putting yourself on someone else's shoes." her tone made it clear it wasn't really a question, "Besides, me repaying them is me tolerating them bit more than others."

Ruby sneered "Well it has to be a damn good hiding place if i can't find it myself." it didn't matter how many times ponies repeated the same thing, Ruby simply had no knowledge or experience about emotions like that, it wasn't her choice, it just was how it was.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That is assuming they are intelligent enough to think like that." Ruby pointed out "Many things that you may think is end result of complicated thinking is just instinct." "But regardless of why they did it, it still doesn't give me a reason to think anything else about other creatures."

When Somnus pointed out the thing about Ruby not harming the cats, something seemed to hit Ruby, but the change was so quickly gone that it wasn't clear what it was "So is paying your debt a sign of empathy?" "I thought it's about putting yourself on someone else's shoes." her tone made it clear it wasn't really a question, "Besides, me repaying them is me tolerating them bit more than others."

Ruby sneered "Well it has to be a damn good hiding place if i can't find it myself." it didn't matter how many times ponies repeated the same thing, Ruby simply had no knowledge or experience about emotions like that, it wasn't her choice, it just was how it was.

"Every other creature would have the instinct to leave you there, If those cats were acting out of pure instinct, you would be rotting away in that hole."

Somnus noticed that his point had a little bit of an impact. He was finally getting somewhere.

"Maybe it's sympathy, but I must tell you that sympathy leads to empathy. Those cats were such an easy target and you allowed them to live. Perhaps what they did was out of empathy."

15 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Every other creature would have the instinct to leave you there, If those cats were acting out of pure instinct, you would be rotting away in that hole."

Somnus noticed that his point had a little bit of an impact. He was finally getting somewhere.

"Maybe it's sympathy, but I must tell you that sympathy leads to empathy. Those cats were such an easy target and you allowed them to live. Perhaps what they did was out of empathy."

"I'm not a cat so I can't know, and nor can you, different creatures think in different ways."  Ruby concluded, there was no point in arguing about the reason as it didn't change the fact that other creatures were other creatures.

"If they were a easy target, they wouldn't have had a change to help me, you obviously have never tried to catch a cat, especially when you can't move." Ruby pointed out "I was beyond angry at that point, no creature would have been able to come close if I could have stopped it." "And even after I could move, I was still stuck in a hole where only food was mice and fish, both type of creatures I have hard rime catching even in full strength." "Only fool bites the feeding paw.", there wasn't any obvious signs of anything, but Ruby did sound slightly defensive as she spoke, ashamed almost. 

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'm not a cat so I can't know, and nor can you, different creatures think in different ways."  Ruby concluded, there was no point in arguing about the reason as it didn't change the fact that other creatures were other creatures.

"If they were a easy target, they wouldn't have had a change to help me, you obviously have never tried to catch a cat, especially when you can't move." Ruby pointed out "I was beyond angry at that point, no creature would have been able to come close if I could have stopped it." "And even after I could move, I was still stuck in a hole where only food was mice and fish, both type of creatures I have hard rime catching even in full strength." "Only fool bites the feeding paw.", there wasn't any obvious signs of anything, but Ruby did sound slightly defensive as she spoke, ashamed almost. 

"That is true, only a fool bites the feeding paws, so why are you biting them now? Sure, the paws are now hooves in this instance, but it's to the same concept. You being unable to survive out there on your own is the hole and the ponies giving you the treasury to stay in and the free food are the cats. Then there is you having treating ponies poorly, you are biting the feeding paws."

He thought for a moment.

"I could also say that the life you stay in is the hole and the ponies trying to help you are the cats. Your refusal to consider this is also biting the feeding paws. You are biting not just one, but two feeding paws."

If there was one thing Somnus was amazing at, it was using metaphors to prove his point.

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm doing this on my own. So, what's my fate, are you gonna throw rainbows at me?"

"Actually no. What will likely happen is that you will be given over to Thorax's hive and you will be at the mercy of their justice system since you are not a citizen of Equestria."

"And this is happening right away. I want two Guards to escort him to the Changeling Kingdom thanks to the next train going there. I'll personally inform Thorax of this. Unless he already knows?"

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"And this is happening right away. I want two Guards to escort him to the Changeling Kingdom thanks to the next train going there. I'll personally inform Thorax of this. Unless he already knows?"

The two guards watching the door quickly did as the captain commanded.

"Another guard has sent a letter out. It'll get there tomorrow, likely before Felis gets there."

Suddenly Arrow's watch beeped. Must be the time he scheduled to hit on Rose.

"So, what are you doing tonight?"

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The two guards watching the door quickly did as the captain commanded.

"Another guard has sent a letter out. It'll get there tomorrow, likely before Felis gets there."

Suddenly Arrow's watch beeped. Must be the time he scheduled to hit on Rose.

"So, what are you doing tonight?"

Hearing a letter has been sent to Thorax, Rose smiled, as she didn't need to worry about this case anymore. "Good." And as Arrow asked about her schedule for this night, Rose quickly checked her agenda before looking back at the Guard. "I'm free tonight. So I was planning on returning home to relax. That reminds me, I have the new recruits to train tomorrow morning."

2 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Hearing a letter has been sent to Thorax, Rose smiled, as she didn't need to worry about this case anymore. "Good." And as Arrow asked about her schedule for this night, Rose quickly checked her agenda before looking back at the Guard. "I'm free tonight. So I was planning on returning home to relax. That reminds me, I have the new recruits to train tomorrow morning."

She was free, perfect. Now all he needed to is one thing before he could hit on her.

"Permission to be off duty for a few seconds so I can hit on you?"

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

She was free, perfect. Now all he needed to is one thing before he could hit on her.

"Permission to be off duty for a few seconds so I can hit on you?"

As she heard why he wanted to be off duty, the mare laughed a little. She was finding him adorable trying to hit on every guard, and making no exception for his own Captain. "Permission granted, you're off duty for the night. So what do you have in mind, Romeo?" she asked with a smug face, eager to know what he reserved for his own Captain.