Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

55 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus' reply to this thanks was a friendly hug.

He was fully aware that his work to help her was far from over, but he also knew that it could be done.

As for her apology about his leg.

"Don't worry about it."

He clearly was not mad at all.

Ruby looked at Somnus as he hugged the dragon, due her scales she couldn't really feel anything from the hug, but she knew it was pony gesture.
"I hope you don't expect me to hug back, wouldn't want to break rest of your bones by accident." Surprisingly, she had made a joke again, and it was slightly better one than the previous nonetheless. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby looked at Somnus as he hugged the dragon, due her scales she couldn't really feel anything from the hug, but she knew it was pony gesture.
"I hope you don't expect me to hug back, wouldn't want to break rest of your bones by accident." Surprisingly, she had made a joke again, and it was slightly better one than the previous nonetheless. 

Somnus smiled at the joke.

"Yea, I'd probably be off duty for a little longer than six months if that happened. The best part of being out for six months is that they still have to pay me."

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus smiled at the joke.

"Yea, I'd probably be off duty for a little longer than six months if that happened. The best part of being out for six months is that they still have to pay me."

"How do you ponies even survive out there, you heal so slowly." Ruby commented, she was aware that her healing was faster rather than ponies healing slow, but it was about perspective "But well, at least you get paid, and they can't even take that money back from me because it would be their own money."

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"How do you ponies even survive out there, you heal so slowly." Ruby commented, she was aware that her healing was faster rather than ponies healing slow, but it was about perspective "But well, at least you get paid, and they can't even take that money back from me because it would be their own money."

"That's easy. While we are smaller and weaker than you dragons physically, we ponies are simply more resourceful. As you have seen earlier, without my equipment, I stand no chance against a big dragon, but if I did have my equipment... the green dragon would be dead before you could step out of the treasury."

He added more to this.

"One who does not fully understand these things would see this as being a coward, but in reality... we're being smart. If we have resources, we use them to our advantage. The only species better than us at this is those creatures who stand on two legs and have technology way more advanced than ours. They are in a completely different universe though."

7 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That's easy. While we are smaller and weaker than you dragons physically, we ponies are simply more resourceful. As you have seen earlier, without my equipment, I stand no chance against a big dragon, but if I did have my equipment... the green dragon would be dead before you could step out of the treasury."

He added more to this.

"One who does not fully understand these things would see this as being a coward, but in reality... we're being smart. If we have resources, we use them to our advantage. The only species better than us at this is those creatures who stand on two legs and have technology way more advanced than ours. They are in a completely different universe though."

"My problem back when I talked about it wasn't that you use technology, it was that you act like it's you who do the things that your technology does." "Like that Arrow for example, he's so proud about killing a dragon, but in reality his weapons did it, any creature could kill a dragon with right equipment, there's nothing impressive about it." Ruby explained, knowing that the 'one who does not fully understand' was she, since she had criticized ponies using their magic and weapons while requiring respect. "Though that brings up one question regarding your survival, what about before you had this level of technology." she didn't necessary care about it, but since it was where the conversation was going, she brought it up.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/29/2018 at 1:31 PM, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

As the food arrived, Blu smiled and thanked the waiter. "Grazzie." Then, horn aglow, put a forkful of pasta to his lips and started chewing on it. It didn't take long for Blu's eyes to open wide and these irises to drastically shrink, and his wings to quickly pop up in a huge wingboner. This moment of shock lasted for three seconds before a very bright smile drew his face. These would be the best pasta he's ever tasted!

(OOC: Still The Night before the Dragon Attack)

After dinner was finished, Will and Blu paid for it and noticed it was already night. "Oh, your Majesty, it felt like we've been eating here for days I didn't realize it was already night time. Now, I may be an unicorn but I do have way of flying myself. With your permission, may we quickly fly together back to your Guest Room?"

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

(OOC: Still The Night before the Dragon Attack)

After dinner was finished, Will and Blu paid for it and noticed it was already night. "Oh, your Majesty, it felt like we've been eating here for days I didn't realize it was already night time. Now, I may be an unicorn but I do have way of flying myself. With your permission, may we quickly fly together back to your Guest Room?"

"I would not deny this offer, dear Will Guide." Blu nodded with a smile as he walked out of the restaurant after waving goodbye to the staff there. Then he spread his wings and flapped them twice, before rising up and hovering above Will. "Shall we go?"

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"I would not deny this offer, dear Will Guide." Blu nodded with a smile as he walked out of the restaurant after waving goodbye to the staff there. Then he spread his wings and flapped them twice, before rising up and hovering above Will. "Shall we go?"

"Just let use my Disney magic that allows non-winged ponies like me to fly: Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust" With a blue glow of his Unicorn Horn, golden dust fired out of his horn and onto himself. "Now I just think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings." And with that, Will lifted off of the ground to join Blu in the air much to the Alicorn's amazement.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

"Just let use my Disney magic that allows non-winged ponies like me to fly: Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust" With a blue glow of his Unicorn Horn, golden dust fired out of his horn and onto himself. "Now I just think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings." And with that, Will lifted off of the ground to join Blu in the air much to the Alicorn's amazement.

And Blu indeed was amazed. He started to fly with the Unicorn towards the chambers of the Castle, more specifically to his Guest Room.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

And Blu indeed was amazed. He started to fly with the Unicorn towards the chambers of the Castle, more specifically to his Guest Room.

Flying through the air, Will led Blu to the balcony of the Royal Guest Room with a bed to rival the Royal Sisters' beds. "Here you are, Your Majesty. A bed fit for a king. Eh, Emperor, in your case." 

In all honesty, Will wanted to join Blu on the bed, tell him he loves him and give him a big kiss, but he was too scared the Alicorn wouldn't love him back. And besides Subtlety was something he wasn't good at. So, he swallowed his desire to tell for now, and forced on a smile enough to convince Blu that everything's fine.

"I shall stand watch outside your door all night. Pleasant Dreams, Your Majesty" Will said before quickly excusing himself from the bedroom.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"My problem back when I talked about it wasn't that you use technology, it was that you act like it's you who do the things that your technology does." "Like that Arrow for example, he's so proud about killing a dragon, but in reality his weapons did it, any creature could kill a dragon with right equipment, there's nothing impressive about it." Ruby explained, knowing that the 'one who does not fully understand' was she, since she had criticized ponies using their magic and weapons while requiring respect. "Though that brings up one question regarding your survival, what about before you had this level of technology." she didn't necessary care about it, but since it was where the conversation was going, she brought it up.

"Well, we ponies are the ones who created all this stuff, do we not get points for that?"

"As for before these weapons, I have no idea. That's before history was even recorded. It's long before I existed."

He asked her a question.

"What is it that you hate about ponies? Did someone do something to you?"

---------------------------------------

@Emperor Blu Traincrown

Skip to next morning...

Blue was entering the castle when he saw a guard waiting outside.

"We need to speak to the Captain to report an incident involving Ruby."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

10 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Skip to next morning...

Blue was entering the castle when he saw a guard waiting outside.

"We need to speak to the Captain to report an incident involving Ruby."

At this instant, Rose would be in her office, busy with important military paper review and stamping. And she tried her best to forget about her relationship with Arrow, as she was on duty this time.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

At this instant, Rose would be in her office, busy with important military paper review and stamping. And she tried her best to forget about her relationship with Arrow, as she was on duty this time.

"I'll talk to her about it."

Arrow took the report with his magic and walked over to Rose's office.

He opened the report to see what it was.

"Well, it seems a green dragon broke into the castle to attack Somnus when Ruby showed up and killed it."

Arrow gave Rose the report which seems to have been written in crayon.

20 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'll talk to her about it."

Arrow took the report with his magic and walked over to Rose's office.

He opened the report to see what it was.

"Well, it seems a green dragon broke into the castle to attack Somnus when Ruby showed up and killed it."

Arrow gave Rose the report which seems to have been written in crayon.

Rose took the report paper and started to view it. But as soon as she saw that the report was written in crayon, the mare's eyebrows severely frowned, then she lifted her head to look at Arrow. "A report...in CRAYON?! Who did dare write this?!?!"

In her freezing cold glare it was easy to guess that the Guard who has written that report was in for a lecture about how crayon writing on a report made it look like a draft one.

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown

37 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, we ponies are the ones who created all this stuff, do we not get points for that?"

"As for before these weapons, I have no idea. That's before history was even recorded. It's long before I existed."

He asked her a question.

"What is it that you hate about ponies? Did someone do something to you?"

"Not for your weapons and such." Ruby replied "I give you points for the entertainment stuff and things that just make things easier in pony form." "But your weapons and armor...no." she changed her pose a bit, resting her head to one of her forelegs as she looked down towards Somnus "There's nothing impressive about blades and sticks with blades, and armor is so basic thing that some animals who I doubt even have brains do it." "Sure they don't build them, but that's besides the point." "And for magic, we had it so long before you made your first herd that only few of us know it ever existed."

"I have already told you my dislikes regarding ponies specifically, but I don't dislike your kind any more than any other creature." she explained calmly "The thing is, as you put it, I hate the world."

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Not for your weapons and such." Ruby replied "I give you points for the entertainment stuff and things that just make things easier in pony form." "But your weapons and armor...no." she changed her pose a bit, resting her head to one of her forelegs as she looked down towards Somnus "There's nothing impressive about blades and sticks with blades, and armor is so basic thing that some animals who I doubt even have brains do it." "Sure they don't build them, but that's besides the point." "And for magic, we had it so long before you made your first herd that only few of us know it ever existed."

"I have already told you my dislikes regarding ponies specifically, but I don't dislike your kind any more than any other creature." she explained calmly "The thing is, as you put it, I hate the world."

"And for what reason do you hate the world? What is there to hate? Why do you focus on the bad and not the good?"

-----------------------------------------------

39 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose took the report paper and started to view it. But as soon as she saw that the report was written in crayon, the mare's eyebrows severely frowned, then she lifted her head to look at Arrow. "A report...in CRAYON?! Who did dare write this?!?!"

In her freezing cold glare it was easy to guess that the Guard who has written that report was in for a lecture about how crayon writing on a report made it look like a draft one.

"Uh... should we not be taking the report itself a bit more seriously? A dragon attacked the castle."

45 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Uh... should we not be taking the report itself a bit more seriously? A dragon attacked the castle."

Arrow was right. A dragon attack on the Castle was way more important than with whatever the report was written. "You're right, but the only thing I can do is send this report to Princess Celestia. But don't even dare think I'll send this crayon-written report! Oh no I won't..." She laughed on the last part and took a piece of paper, and a pen this time. Afterwards she started to write the report with a much better language and hoofwriting than the earlier one.

34 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Arrow was right. A dragon attack on the Castle was way more important than with whatever the report was written. "You're right, but the only thing I can do is send this report to Princess Celestia. But don't even dare think I'll send this crayon-written report! Oh no I won't..." She laughed on the last part and took a piece of paper, and a pen this time. Afterwards she started to write the report with a much better language and hoofwriting than the earlier one.

"You know what makes this better? Now you have to give Ruby TWO medals."

He realized something.

"Judging by the wording of the report, Ruby was strangely protective of Somnus."

26 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You know what makes this better? Now you have to give Ruby TWO medals."

He realized something.

"Judging by the wording of the report, Ruby was strangely protective of Somnus."

As soon as the words "give her two medals" came into her ears, Rose's face turned red out of anger. "What did I just hear? You gotta tell me that I'm dreaming. Yes this HAS to be a dream.."

Just now, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

As soon as the words "give her two medals" came into her ears, Rose's face turned red out of anger. "What did I just hear? You gotta tell me that I'm dreaming. Yes this HAS to be a dream.."

"Nope, you're very much awake."

He added more to this.

"Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but Somnus actually likes Ruby. And I mean he LIKES her. I'm not sure if it's mutual or not, but it seems to be possible."

10 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Nope, you're very much awake."

He added more to this.

"Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but Somnus actually likes Ruby. And I mean he LIKES her. I'm not sure if it's mutual or not, but it seems to be possible."

"Please do me a favor by not telling me that this award is an order from Royalty..." Rose said in an annoyed tone which really could tell she wasn't happy at all with giving Ruby such honorative medals. To her eyes, that dragon needs to respect others first then she'd consider her better.

"And I don't know how he can fall in love with such a disrespectful and harsh being, but I won't get my nose into their business." 

5 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Please do me a favor by not telling me that this award is an order from Royalty..." Rose said in an annoyed tone which really could tell she wasn't happy at all with giving Ruby such honorative medals. To her eyes, that dragon needs to respect others first then she'd consider her better.

"And I don't know how he can fall in love with such a disrespectful and harsh being, but I won't get my nose into their business." 

"I'd not tell you, but according to this letter that appeared in front of me when I was trying to sleep... yea, it's a royal order."

"Besides, she saved one of your best soldiers."

9 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'd not tell you, but according to this letter that appeared in front of me when I was trying to sleep... yea, it's a royal order."

"Besides, she saved one of your best soldiers."

As she heard that this was a royal order and therefore couldn't be disobeyed or bended, Rose clenched her teeth and held the anger outburst she had in her at this instant.

But as she heard Arrow's very valid argument, she calmed down and let out a sigh of resignation. "Y-you have a point, a very good one. Perhaps she is worthy of this medal after all... That doesn't make me think better about her though. She simply fulfilled her duty as Guard: protecting others from danger."

46 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

As she heard that this was a royal order and therefore couldn't be disobeyed or bended, Rose clenched her teeth and held the anger outburst she had in her at this instant.

But as she heard Arrow's very valid argument, she calmed down and let out a sigh of resignation. "Y-you have a point, a very good one. Perhaps she is worthy of this medal after all... That doesn't make me think better about her though. She simply fulfilled her duty as Guard: protecting others from danger."

A guard came in with another report and walked out. It had horrible spelling and was written in crayon.

Yestarday wen i eated my hay berger at lunch somnes trew a trey at a nother gard for insalting his pet hamstor.

"This incident actually hurts my brain."

49 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

A guard came in with another report and walked out. It had horrible spelling and was written in crayon.

Yestarday wen i eated my hay berger at lunch somnes trew a trey at a nother gard for insalting his pet hamstor.

"This incident actually hurts my brain."

Rose took the second report and started to read, but as she saw the bad spelling and that it was written in crayon, she stomped her front hoof on the table really hard out of anger. "Is it too demanding to write a report with correct spelling and with a pen?! This is the Royal Guard, not some circus for Celestia's sake!!!"