Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

It wasn't as fun as the actual rope jump, the limited reptative movement made it less thrilling, since for Ruby being in high altitude wasn't the fun part, it was the speed. 

Suddenly the rope started to swing at really high speeds.

"Is that supposed to happen?"

"Yea, I'm pretty sure it is."

24 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Suddenly the rope started to swing at really high speeds.

"Is that supposed to happen?"

"Yea, I'm pretty sure it is."

The added speed made the swinging more enjoyable, but it still wasn't the same as plummeting downwards only to stop just before the ground, or going continuously forward at quick speed. Ruby didn't pay attention to anything around her, as shh focused on getting the enjoyment out of the thing.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

The added speed made the swinging more enjoyable, but it still wasn't the same as plummeting downwards only to stop just before the ground, or going continuously forward at quick speed. Ruby didn't pay attention to anything around her, as shh focused on getting the enjoyment out of the thing.

After a couple minutes it stopped and she was brought back up.

"So, how was that one?"

Somnus wasn't really sure if she had fun or not.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

29 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

After a couple minutes the it stopped and she was brought back up.

"So, how was that one?"

Somnus wasn't really sure if she had fun or not.

Ruby shrugged "It was aright." "But the rope jump thing last night was better." "Are you going to go once too or do we go to do something else." at this point her tone when she spoke to Somnus sounded like a normal conversation tone you would expect from a pony rather than her usual emotionless one. 

32 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby shrugged "It was aright." "But the rope jump thing last night was better." "Are you going to go once too or do we go to do something else." at this point her tone when she spoke to Somnus sounded like a normal conversation tone you would expect from a pony rather than her usual emotionless one. 

"No need to worry about me."

It was pretty clear that Somnus was doing all this for Ruby.

11 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"No need to worry about me."

It was pretty clear that Somnus was doing all this for Ruby.

"Well, I wasn't exactly worrying." Ruby pointed out "I just want to know what happens next, that being, do I stand here waiting for you, or do I start walking away with you." her ability to think other's feelings wasn't quite there yet. 

6 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, I wasn't exactly worrying." Ruby pointed out "I just want to know what happens next, that being, do I stand here waiting for you, or do I start walking away with you." her ability to think other's feelings wasn't quite there yet. 

"We could get something such as pizza if you want."

That's really all he could think of at that moment.

15 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"We could get something such as pizza if you want."

That's really all he could think of at that moment.

"I don't really care for your foods since they are rather...plant based." Ruby mentioned "But I can stomach pretty much anything so if you feel hungry, I'm not saying we can't go." It wasn't that she was concerned about if he was hungry or not, she just figured it was only fair since Somnus was so concerned about her.

51 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't really care for your foods since they are rather...plant based." Ruby mentioned "But I can stomach pretty much anything so if you feel hungry, I'm not saying we can't go." It wasn't that she was concerned about if he was hungry or not, she just figured it was only fair since Somnus was so concerned about her.

"It's not completely plant based, pizza has cheese. Besides, you'll love it."

He took her to the inside part of the ship and went to a place selling pizza.

"Any pizza is good pizza... except pineapple pizza."

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It's not completely plant based, pizza has cheese. Besides, you'll love it."

He took her to the inside part of the ship and went to a place selling pizza.

"Any pizza is good pizza... except pineapple pizza."

"But there is no meat." Ruby replied "That was my point."

"I take the one with least grass on it." "Besides that everything goes" plants and grass were really the only thing that tasted bad for her, things like fruits and berries were edible but plants were just so...plant tasting.

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"But there is no meat." Ruby replied "That was my point."

"I take the one with least grass on it." "Besides that everything goes" plants and grass were really the only thing that tasted bad for her, things like fruits and berries were edible but plants were just so...plant tasting.

"I don't think pizza has grass on it."

He went to the counter.

"I'll have a large cheese pizza."

The guy at the counter left and came back with a box containing the pizza.

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I don't think pizza has grass on it."

He went to the counter.

"I'll have a large cheese pizza."

The guy at the counter left and came back with a box containing the pizza.

"That's surprising." Ruby stated, it really was, after all, grass was one of the main foods of ponies it seemed, even if they called it hay. 

Ruby didn't say anything, she didn't know what the place had to offer, and based on Somnus ordering large pizza, she assumed his plan was to share one pizza instead of both having their own.

38 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's surprising." Ruby stated, it really was, after all, grass was one of the main foods of ponies it seemed, even if they called it hay. 

Ruby didn't say anything, she didn't know what the place had to offer, and based on Somnus ordering large pizza, she assumed his plan was to share one pizza instead of both having their own.

Somnus went to a nearby table and sat down.

"You'll love the pizza, everyone does!"

The pizza was almost the size of the table, so it was pretty big.

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus went to a nearby table and sat down.

"You'll love the pizza, everyone does!"

The pizza was almost the size of the table, so it was pretty big.

"Well, I'm not everyone." Ruby noted as she followed Somnus to the table, she didn't waste time and took a piece to herself. After she took a bite, a thoughtful look appeared on her face as she focused on the taste, and after she had swallowed the first piece, she shrugged "It's quite good for a pony-food, but it still doesn't beat meat." not that it could have worked as replacement anyways. 

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, I'm not everyone." Ruby noted as she followed Somnus to the table, she didn't waste time and took a piece to herself. After she took a bite, a thoughtful look appeared on her face as she focused on the taste, and after she had swallowed the first piece, she shrugged "It's quite good for a pony-food, but it still doesn't beat meat." not that it could have worked as replacement anyways. 

"I'd suggest trying ice cream, but it'd probably melt. Unless hot breath is something that can be turned off, but I wouldn't be one to know."

Somnus wasn't trying to make her replace what she usually ate. He saw nothing wrong with her eating meat.

"I'd suggest trying ice cream, but it'd probably melt. Unless hot breath is something that can be turned off, but I wouldn't be one to know."

Somnus wasn't trying to make her replace what she usually ate. He saw nothing wrong with her eating meat.

"Well, my breath isn't as hot as in my real form, since it would burn my mouth due this form not being protected from heat like I am." Ruby explained as she took an another bite "I can eat ice cream, but as you guessed, it melts pretty quick."

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, my breath isn't as hot as in my real form, since it would burn my mouth due this form not being protected from heat like I am." Ruby explained as she took an another bite "I can eat ice cream, but as you guessed, it melts pretty quick."

"Speaking of heat, if you were to drink foam out of a fire extinguisher, would you still breathe fire?"

He had another question.

"What if I used a fire extinguisher while use breathed fire at me?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

41 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Speaking of heat, if you were to drink foam out of a fire extinguisher, would you still breathe fire?"

He had another question.

"What if I used a fire extinguisher while use breathed fire at me?"

"Yes." Ruby simply said "Like I said with the water question, it doesn't work like that" "And if you used extinguisher to me, it would most likely do nothing more than stop me from seeing for a moment, assuming it even reaches my head, because it is made to suffocate the fire, and it can't seal the fire when the fire going through air at high speed."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Yes." Ruby simply said "Like I said with the water question, it doesn't work like that" "And if you used extinguisher to me, it would most likely do nothing more than stop me from seeing for a moment, assuming it even reaches my head, because it is made to suffocate the fire, and it can't seal the fire when the fire going through air at high speed."

"Have you ever tried to convince a pony that blue fire is cold? I doubt you could breathe blue fire, but it'd still be pretty funny."

Somnus took a bite out of his pizza.

53 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Have you ever tried to convince a pony that blue fire is cold? I doubt you could breathe blue fire, but it'd still be pretty funny."

Somnus took a bite out of his pizza.

"No." Ruby said sounding slightly confused about the odd direction the conversation was taking again "I don't get entertainment from ponies believing something that isn't true, there is a change that the result could be amusing, but it's not worth the trouble." she explained as she took yet another bite. 

39 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"No." Ruby said sounding slightly confused about the odd direction the conversation was taking again "I don't get entertainment from ponies believing something that isn't true, there is a change that the result could be amusing, but it's not worth the trouble." she explained as she took yet another bite. 

Somnus finished his slice.

"Do dragons need water to live? Or do you perhaps drink lava or something?"

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus finished his slice.

"Do dragons need water to live? Or do you perhaps drink lava or something?"

"Yes and no" Ruby explained "We don't drink molten stone, but blood does replace water."  she finished her slice "I don't know if I'm more confused by you being interested about these things or by the fact that you don't seem to know anything about dragons."

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Yes and no" Ruby explained "We don't drink molten stone, but blood does replace water."  she finished her slice "I don't know if I'm more confused by you being interested about these things or by the fact that you don't seem to know anything about dragons."

"In my defense, your species is pretty rare around here, that and there's the fact that even Equestrian dragons started communications with Equestria somewhat recently."

"In my defense, your species is pretty rare around here, that and there's the fact that even Equestrian dragons started communications with Equestria somewhat recently."

"I'm still surprised, since the dragon lands have been there most likely just as long as Equestria and they have been a problem for you now and then." Ruby explained "You haven't followed the know your enemy rule too well." "Though not knowing details about my kind is understandable since I am one pf the few if not the first one to come here."

17 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:
  1. "I'm still surprised, since the dragon lands have been there most likely just as long as Equestria and they have been a problem for you now and then." Ruby explained "You haven't followed the know your enemy rule too well." "Though not knowing details about my kind is understandable since I am one pf the few if not the first one to come here."

"Equestrian dragons weren't exactly very easy to learn about. They use to be hostile and we had no way of taking them down. The only way we could beat them was by having pegasi create storm clouds and lure the dragons into them. This didn't even kill them, it only made the dragons retreat. Other than that, trying to find out more about them resulted in mostly death. It was only just recently that Arrow created enchanted weapons and armor, but even then it'd still a tough fight."