Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

4 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Equestrian dragons weren't exactly very easy to learn about. They use to be hostile and we had no way of taking them down. The only way we could beat them was by having pegasi create storm clouds and lure the dragons into them. This didn't even kill them, it only made the dragons retreat. Other than that, trying to find out more about them resulted in mostly death. It was only just recently that Arrow created enchanted weapons and armor, but even then it'd still a tough fight."

"What a bunch of cowards." Ruby commented right away "To run away a storm, though it could be that their bodies aren't as capable of fending of a storm as my kind's." she shrugged "Anyway, back to the topic, you learn through failure, you see what doesn't work, and try something else." "Though I'm not surprised that peaceful creatures like you don't understand too much about war."

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"What a bunch of cowards." Ruby commented right away "To run away a storm, though it could be that their bodies aren't as capable of fending of a storm as my kind's." she shrugged "Anyway, back to the topic, you learn through failure, you see what doesn't work, and try something else." "Though I'm not surprised that peaceful creatures like you don't understand too much about war."

"I think their scales conduct electricity pretty well, that's probably their problem. As for war, we are very capable, but after things calmed down, it resulted in the newer soldiers not being use to actual combat. Now that things have gotten a little crazy here in Equestria, we're starting to become a force to be reckoned with again, we really don't have much of a choice."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I think their scales conduct electricity pretty well, that's probably their problem. As for war, we are very capable, but after things calmed down, it resulted in the newer soldiers not being use to actual combat. Now that things have gotten a little crazy here in Equestria, we're starting to become a force to be reckoned with again, we really don't have much of a choice."

"I'd say it has to be the whole body, until their scales are more than just armor, which is pretty big weakness." Ruby noted "You say you're force to be reckoned with, yet you know nothing about your enemies?" "And I'm curious, what will you do if someone who can disable your magic comes along? If they would have decent armor, you would be powerless against them." this wasn't the first time she had asked that, and she was given the princesses the suggestion that they need to make weapons that don't need magic to be effective against good defenses, but Celestia just dismissed her and Luna seemed to get offended by the suggestion, like Somnus too was able to see yesterday before they left the treasury.

50 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'd say it has to be the whole body, until their scales are more than just armor, which is pretty big weakness." Ruby noted "You say you're force to be reckoned with, yet you know nothing about your enemies?" "And I'm curious, what will you do if someone who can disable your magic comes along? If they would have decent armor, you would be powerless against them." this wasn't the first time she had asked that, and she was given the princesses the suggestion that they need to make weapons that don't need magic to be effective against good defenses, but Celestia just dismissed her and Luna seemed to get offended by the suggestion, like Somnus too was able to see yesterday before they left the treasury.

"That's why we need to advance in weaponry."

Somnus went off for a few moments and he could be seen putting something in his saddlebag as he returned. Probably a gift for later.

"So, how do you feel about how things are where you're from? Do like it, hate it, or have no opinion?"

13 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That's why we need to advance in weaponry."

Somnus went off for a few moments and he could be seen putting something in his saddlebag as he returned. Probably a gift for later.

"So, how do you feel about how things are where you're from? Do like it, hate it, or have no opinion?"

"And that's why I have said that to everypony from your higher ups to princesses, yet nopony seems to care."

Ruby petted Calti that had been moving between the top of her head and her saddlebags during the time outside, now sitting inside her saddlebag, head poking out curiously, she didn't pay attention to what Somnus was doing.

"No opinion." Ruby replied "It's not the easiest place to live, but I think it is just like it needs to be, I prefer it over your lifestyle to certain extend, but I like the easiness of life here."

38 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"And that's why I have said that to everypony from your higher ups to princesses, yet nopony seems to care."

Ruby petted Calti that had been moving between the top of her head and her saddlebags during the time outside, now sitting inside her saddlebag, head poking out curiously, she didn't pay attention to what Somnus was doing.

"No opinion." Ruby replied "It's not the easiest place to live, but I think it is just like it needs to be, I prefer it over your lifestyle to certain extend, but I like the easiness of life here."

"Not sure that I could really handle such a place. I'd probably last an hour at least."

14 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Not sure that I could really handle such a place. I'd probably last an hour at least."

"You probably wouldn't, even with your magical equipment." Ruby said nodding "You most likely wouldn't be able to take even me alone in real situation, and many dragons around there are a lot bigger that I am." "You probably wouldn't even get close enough to them to use your spear in the first place."

35 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You probably wouldn't, even with your magical equipment." Ruby said nodding "You most likely wouldn't be able to take even me alone in real situation, and many dragons around there are a lot bigger that I am." "You probably wouldn't even get close enough to them to use your spear in the first place."

"Probably true. As for how long Arrow would last... that's a different story with all those magical relics and enchanted gear. He use to go into many dangerous places all the time."

"For Arrow, we shouldn't ask how long he would last, but how long all of the dragons there would last."

13 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Probably true. As for how long Arrow would last... that's a different story with all those magical relics and enchanted gear. He use to go into many dangerous places all the time."

"For Arrow, we shouldn't ask how long he would last, but how long all of the dragons there would last."

"You are either overestimating him or underestimating my kind." Ruby said coldly "We don't fight like the local dragons, we use our brains too." "And not only that, they have home advantage, and we don't live in empty desert like the local dragons" "There's forests, huge connected cave systems, ravines and holes." she shrugged "You saw me fight that dragon, he barely scratched me, and I was fighting in dead end." she looked at Somnus "The local dragons are just insects compared to my kind, Even I'm considered weak there."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You are either overestimating him or underestimating my kind." Ruby said coldly "We don't fight like the local dragons, we use our brains too." "And not only that, they have home advantage, and we don't live in empty desert like the local dragons" "There's forests, huge connected cave systems, ravines and holes." she shrugged "You saw me fight that dragon, he barely scratched me, and I was fighting in dead end." she looked at Somnus "The local dragons are just insects compared to my kind, Even I'm considered weak there."

"I've seen what he can do. The only one I know who could really beat him is a other friend of mine. His name is Lucid, he's a reality warper and a funny comedian."

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I've seen what he can do. The only one I know who could really beat him is a other friend of mine. His name is Lucid, he's a reality warper and a funny comedian."

"And I have seen what my kind can do, and you don't know my kind." Ruby pointed out "I have seen hundreds of aftermaths of battles between my kind, your battles are nothing compared to that." "And lastly, there are those of us who still use magic, that even though it's nothing as complicated as transformation, can even rival your enchantments." "Luckily those are usually the most peaceful ones of my kind, but they still aren't as friendly as I am."

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"And I have seen what my kind can do, and you don't know my kind." Ruby pointed out "I have seen hundreds of aftermaths of battles between my kind, your battles are nothing compared to that." "And lastly, there are those of us who still use magic, that even though it's nothing as complicated as transformation, can even rival your enchantments." "Luckily those are usually the most peaceful ones of my kind, but they still aren't as friendly as I am."

"Fair enough, but win or lose, Arrow would put up a fight."

"I bet those creatures that stand on two legs could do it with their powerful weapons. Those shooty things, those weird flying things, and the weird exploding things."

12 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Fair enough, but win or lose, Arrow would put up a fight."

"I bet those creatures that stand on two legs could do it with their powerful weapons. Those shooty things, those weird flying things, and the weird exploding things."

"Depends on what they shoot and how big explosions." Ruby mentioned "We have pretty thick armor, and bigger the dragon, thicker that armor is." "We are also pretty durable, you could rip a leg off from us and we would only get angrier, you really need to hit the vitals to stop us."

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Depends on what they shoot and how big explosions." Ruby mentioned "We have pretty thick armor, and bigger the dragon, thicker that armor is." "We are also pretty durable, you could rip a leg off from us and we would only get angrier, you really need to hit the vitals to stop us."

"From what I know, their smaller weapons would probably do nothing, while their bigger weapons would do some serious damage. Their flying machines are no joke, some of them can even fly faster than sound. These things are equipped with projectiles and explosive things. The creatures even have bombs that can destroy entire cities and make the air lethal. I'm just glad that they live in another universe so that we don't have to fight them."

Somnus didn't think that Equestria's military was equipped to fight such an advanced civilization.

31 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"From what I know, their smaller weapons would probably do nothing, while their bigger weapons would do some serious damage. Their flying machines are no joke, some of them can even fly faster than sound. These things are equipped with projectiles and explosive things. The creatures even have bombs that can destroy entire cities and make the air lethal. I'm just glad that they live in another universe so that we don't have to fight them."

Somnus didn't think that Equestria's military was equipped to fight such an advanced civilization.

Ruby shrugged "With that amount of equipment they have to be pretty war-thirsty." she noted "Wouldn't be surprised if they end up destroying themselves at some point." "But maybe you could take inspiration from them in your weapons." 

34 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby shrugged "With that amount of equipment they have to be pretty war-thirsty." she noted "Wouldn't be surprised if they end up destroying themselves at some point." "But maybe you could take inspiration from them in your weapons." 

"Eh, I wouldn't know, but creating their weapons in a way that we could use them would be pretty useful. No one would even think of messing with us."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Eh, I wouldn't know, but creating their weapons in a way that we could use them would be pretty useful. No one would even think of messing with us."

"I wouldn't say that necessary, there's always someone brave or stupid  to challenge you regardless of your strength." Ruby pointed out "If nothing else, some creature with limited intelligence would attack because they have no knowledge about the concept of weapons."

58 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I wouldn't say that necessary, there's always someone brave or stupid  to challenge you regardless of your strength." Ruby pointed out "If nothing else, some creature with limited intelligence would attack because they have no knowledge about the concept of weapons."

"Well, we all know how that would end."

Fluffball stood inside the ball and looked at Somnus.

"You'll get a peanut later."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, we all know how that would end."

Fluffball stood inside the ball and looked at Somnus.

"You'll get a peanut later."

"Whatever." Ruby simply replied, there was no reason to argue about it "You know, you ponies seem to be quite cocky creatures, and that's coming from a dragon." she continued right after "That reminds me, how is it possible that dragon of my size got so far into the castle earlier, and there wasn't a single guard anywhere?"

12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Whatever." Ruby simply replied, there was no reason to argue about it "You know, you ponies seem to be quite cocky creatures, and that's coming from a dragon." she continued right after "That reminds me, how is it possible that dragon of my size got so far into the castle earlier, and there wasn't a single guard anywhere?"

"Must've pretended to be visiting. Equestrian dragons are usually not as hostile as they once were. As for why the guards didn't rush to the dragon, they were probably getting bigger weapons, which takes a few minutes, and I had a lot less than a few minutes. Sure, a cannon or a ballista would've killed it, but I'd have been dead by the time they got it. You're the only reason I'm alive right now."

43 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Must've pretended to be visiting. Equestrian dragons are usually not as hostile as they once were. As for why the guards didn't rush to the dragon, they were probably getting bigger weapons, which takes a few minutes, and I had a lot less than a few minutes. Sure, a cannon or a ballista would've killed it, but I'd have been dead by the time they got it. You're the only reason I'm alive right now."

"So you just let unknown visitors walk around unguarded?" Ruby questioned "No wonder Celestia needed a dragon as a guard." she kept a short pause "And only reason?" "I disagree, you wouldn't have been there if you weren't coming to see me, and you would have had your equipment if I hadn't broken your leg." "I only saved you from situation that only existed because of me."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"So you just let unknown visitors walk around unguarded?" Ruby questioned "No wonder Celestia needed a dragon as a guard." she kept a short pause "And only reason?" "I disagree, you wouldn't have been there if you weren't coming to see me, and you would have had your equipment if I hadn't broken your leg." "I only saved you from situation that only existed because of me."

"Well, I am the one who suggested fighting in the training yard to begin with, it's really my fault."

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, I am the one who suggested fighting in the training yard to begin with, it's really my fault."

"Regardless, my point stands." Ruby concluded, she hadn't said it for sake of blaming herself "It's something that wouldn't have happened if I had stayed in the treasury." she looked towards nothing "Though can you really say that I saved you, when it was my instincts kicking in, something I can't control."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Regardless, my point stands." Ruby concluded, she hadn't said it for sake of blaming herself "It's something that wouldn't have happened if I had stayed in the treasury." she looked towards nothing "Though can you really say that I saved you, when it was my instincts kicking in, something I can't control."

"Instinct or impulse? They feel similar, but are very much different. With instinct, you do it because you are built to do it, with impulse, it's out of emotion."

He continued with his point.

"If it was instinct, you wouldn't have cared about saving me, I would've been killed in the crossfire."

14 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Instinct or impulse? They feel similar, but are very much different. With instinct, you do it because you are built to do it, with impulse, it's out of emotion."

He continued with his point.

"If it was instinct, you wouldn't have cared about saving me, I would've been killed in the crossfire."

"Or it was protective instinct that I didn't know exists?" Ruby pointed out "But regardless..." she looked at Somnus "...you really expect me to be able to tell if it was instinct or impulse, if only impulse I have ever gotten is from anger and fear, from which former in this case also happened." "All I know that that said impulse of anger always leads to my instincts to take fully over, that's why I called the quits for our fight in the training yard, I knew I was getting close to losing it."