Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

21 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Or it was protective instinct that I didn't know exists?" Ruby pointed out "But regardless..." she looked at Somnus "...you really expect me to be able to tell if it was instinct or impulse, if only impulse I have ever gotten is from anger and fear, from which former in this case also happened." "All I know that that said impulse of anger always leads to my instincts to take fully over, that's why I called the quits for our fight in the training yard, I knew I was getting close to losing it."

"Well, there's clearly a lot of good in you, that's for certain."

It was easy to tell that Somnus meant what he said.

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, there's clearly a lot of good in you, that's for certain."

It was easy to tell that Somnus meant what he said.

"So you keep saying." Ruby said "But it doesn't really mean anything to me, since I don't see things as good and bad." she sighed "Now that we are talking about this, there's something I'm worried about..." "...I'm animal, and that's something that won't change, those natural instincts will be ruling most likely for ever, so I worry what will happen if I do really start feeling all of these emotions you're trying to show me, how will I instinctively react to them?" "Since if they are something that exist inside me, there has to be instinctual response to them too."

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"So you keep saying." Ruby said "But it doesn't really mean anything to me, since I don't see things as good and bad." she sighed "Now that we are talking about this, there's something I'm worried about..." "...I'm animal, and that's something that won't change, those natural instincts will be ruling most likely for ever, so I worry what will happen if I do really start feeling all of these emotions you're trying to show me, how will I instinctively react to them?" "Since if they are something that exist inside me, there has to be instinctual response to them too."

"I think we have an idea since it seems that something was unlocked."

"Don't worry too much, I doubt anything bad will come from this."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I think we have an idea since it seems that something was unlocked."

"Don't worry too much, I doubt anything bad will come from this."

"Don't be too sure." Ruby warned "Even good thing can become a bad thing." she explained "For example, let's say that something like a hug would be the instinctual reaction, it probably isn't, but this is an example." "Now, in this form it isn't that bad, since you ponies do it all the time, but what if it happens when I'm in my real form, when I can crush you with one limb?" she didn't give change to interrupt "Actually, we don't even need to think that, what about the protective reaction?" "What if I get overprotective? see you in same worth as a treasure." her tone didn't indicate any actual worry, it was calm and reasonable, like someone telling facts about something.

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Don't be too sure." Ruby warned "Even good thing can become a bad thing." she explained "For example, let's say that something like a hug would be the instinctual reaction, it probably isn't, but this is an example." "Now, in this form it isn't that bad, since you ponies do it all the time, but what if it happens when I'm in my real form, when I can crush you with one limb?" she didn't give change to interrupt "Actually, we don't even need to think that, what about the protective reaction?" "What if I get overprotective? see you in same worth as a treasure." her tone didn't indicate any actual worry, it was calm and reasonable, like someone telling facts about something.

"Well, we typically don't hug very hard. Besides it's highly unlikely."

"Also, treasure can't tell you there is no danger towards it, a pony can."

42 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, we typically don't hug very hard. Besides it's highly unlikely."

"Also, treasure can't tell you there is no danger towards it, a pony can."

"Like I said, it was an example." Ruby replied "And sure you're correct that you can talk, but if I'm overwhelmed by my instincts like I was before, words don't matter, especially not ones in your language."

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Like I said, it was an example." Ruby replied "And sure you're correct that you can talk, but if I'm overwhelmed by my instincts like I was before, words don't matter, especially not ones in your language."

"Even if it were the case, it's better than continuing down the other path, which could be even more dangerous."

21 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Even if it were the case, it's better than continuing down the other path, which could be even more dangerous."

"You mean me staying as emotionless guard of the treasury?" Ruby checked "I don't really see how it would have been a dangerous path." "Or are you talking about before that, in which case that wouldn't have been even an opinion."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You mean me staying as emotionless guard of the treasury?" Ruby checked "I don't really see how it would have been a dangerous path." "Or are you talking about before that, in which case that wouldn't have been even an opinion."

"I mean your outlook towards others. What if you started to despise others to the point of wanting to destroy them? This could be a danger to yourself."

Somnus didn't see her as bad, he was simply bringing up the other side of her logic.

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I mean your outlook towards others. What if you started to despise others to the point of wanting to destroy them? This could be a danger to yourself."

Somnus didn't see her as bad, he was simply bringing up the other side of her logic.

"Well, I still despise everyone else but you, your hamster and Calti." Ruby pointed out "My despise and anger aren't going anywhere, I just may or may not gain more emotion to add to those." "Somebody annoying me with their unwanted presence will still lead to me wanting to bite their heads off."

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, I still despise everyone else but you, your hamster and Calti." Ruby pointed out "My despise and anger aren't going anywhere, I just may or may not gain more emotion to add to those." "Somebody annoying me with their unwanted presence will still lead to me wanting to bite their heads off."

"Then that's something we'll need to prevent. A lack of value for life can become a danger to others and even yourself."

This gave Somnus more reason to help her. He did NOT want something to happen to Ruby.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight
added NOT

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Then that's something we'll need to prevent. A lack of value for life can become a danger to others and even yourself."

This gave Somnus more reason to help her. He did NOT want something to happen to Ruby.

"Good luck with that." Ruby simply replied "That's something that's lot deeper inside than few hiding emotions." "If it exists at all that is." "Since it would be pretty troublesome for carnivore like myself to not want kill anyone."

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Good luck with that." Ruby simply replied "That's something that's lot deeper inside than few hiding emotions." "If it exists at all that is." "Since it would be pretty troublesome for carnivore like myself to not want kill anyone."

"Well, we can't have you biting heads off ponies. The moment you do that is the moment the guards bring out some cannons or Arrow. If that happens, I may try to help you, but I likely wouldn't be able to."

18 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, we can't have you biting heads off ponies. The moment you do that is the moment the guards bring out some cannons or Arrow. If that happens, I may try to help you, but I likely wouldn't be able to."

"Maybe that's where you ponies need to compromise, maybe you need to think how I feel about things, instead of trying to make me feel bad for eating." Ruby lashed out "Why do I need to change everything about me, while you change nothing!" 

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Maybe that's where you ponies need to compromise, maybe you need to think how I feel about things, instead of trying to make me feel bad for eating." Ruby lashed out "Why do I need to change everything about me, while you change nothing!" 

Somnus was referring to eating ponies, he had no issues with her eating animals. As for Ruby getting all angry, it was Somnus' turn to lash out.

"Just look at yourself! You have zero respect towards others unless they do things for you! Do you honestly think we owe you anything? That treasury live in, do you honestly think that we owe you any of it?"

"Many ponies have been nice to you and tried to help you and what did you do? You just brushed them off as if they were nothing!"

7 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus was referring to eating ponies, he had no issues with her eating animals. As for Ruby getting all angry, it was Somnus' turn to lash out.

"Just look at yourself! You have zero respect towards others unless they do things for you! Do you honestly think we owe you anything? That treasury live in, do you honestly think that we owe you any of it?"

"Many ponies have been nice to you and tried to help you and what did you do? You just brushed them off as if they were nothing!"

"It's called payment for services, why wouldn't I deserve something back for literally keeping your economy safe?" Ruby threw back "And it's utter nonsense that you ponies have been nice to me, from the moment I was revealed I have only been met with fear and dislike, even the pony you claim to be element of kindness forced me to fear her!" she hissed "You're the first one to listen a one word what I have to say, so why exactly do owe you anything?" 

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It's called payment for services, why wouldn't I deserve something back for literally keeping your economy safe?" Ruby threw back "And it's utter nonsense that you ponies have been nice to me, from the moment I was revealed I have only been met with fear and dislike, even the pony you claim to be element of kindness forced me to fear her!" she hissed "You're the first one to listen a one word what I have to say, so why exactly do owe you anything?" 

"I never I said that you owe me anything! And as for protecting the treasury, you and I both know that you don't care about protecting anything about Equestria. You only chose to do it because you want free things, that's just shameful!"

"I could've easily left you in that treasury, but I didn't. Wanna know why? Because despite the fact that you don't care about me, I actually care about you!"

14 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I never I said that you owe me anything! And as for protecting the treasury, you and I both know that you don't care about protecting anything about Equestria. You only chose to do it because you want free things, that's just shameful!"

"I could've easily left you in that treasury, but I didn't. Wanna know why? Because despite the fact that you don't care about me, I actually care about you!"

"Maybe you should have left me there!" "It wouldn't have been anything special in my day! " "You claim you care about me, that you aren't trying to change me, yet you want me change everything about me, and try to shame me when I point it out!" her eyes changed "You wanted to know why I dispise your kind...this is why." she then just walked off. 

29 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Maybe you should have left me there!" "It wouldn't have been anything special in my day! " "You claim you care about me, that you aren't trying to change me, yet you want me change everything about me, and try to shame me when I point it out!" her eyes changed "You wanted to know why I dispise your kind...this is why." she then just walked off. 

What Ruby just said to Somnus simply destroyed him. Maybe he went too far.

He didn't know if he should follow her or not. The only thing he did was lay his head on the table. His mixture of guilt, sadness, and regret kept him from doing anything else. All he could do is hope she would come back.

33 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

What Ruby just said to Somnus simply destroyed him. Maybe he went too far.

He didn't know if he should follow her or not. The only thing he did was lay his head on the table. His mixture of guilt, sadness, and regret kept him from doing anything else. All he could do is hope she would come back.

Ruby kept her eyes down, but it was mostly to hide them from curious stares, because overly curious ponies were the last thing she needed right now. She headed straight to the mares' room, knowing that it was the place with highest change to be empty from ponies at the moment, and fortunately she was right. She looked herself in the mirror, breathing deep as she stared her own eyes, then she let out an angry roar and punched the mirror with her hoof, causing it to crack and few pieces to fall out.

17 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby kept her eyes down, but it was mostly to hide them from curious stares, because overly curious ponies were the last thing she needed right now. She headed straight to the mares' room, knowing that it was the place with highest change to be empty from ponies at the moment, and fortunately she was right. She looked herself in the mirror, breathing deep as she stared her own eyes, then she let out an angry roar and punched the mirror with her hoof, causing it to crack and few pieces to fall out.

Somnus had no idea what to do at this point. He decided to go look for Ruby, he had to fix this.

Where could she be?

After thinking that, he heard a roar and went in that direction. He went over to the door and waited outside for Ruby to walk out.

10 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus had no idea what to do at this point. He decided to go look for Ruby, he had to fix this.

Where could she be?

After thinking that, he heard a roar and went in that direction. He went over to the door and waited outside for Ruby to walk out.

Ruby wasn't done yet, and she punched the mirror again, this time without the roar, and she kept doing than until the mirror just gave out and shattered on the ground. She then backed up few steps and sat on the ground, looking at the broken pieces, her mind was a mess, What are you doing to me bat.

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby wasn't done yet, and she punched the mirror again, this time without the roar, and she kept doing than until the mirror just gave out and shattered on the ground. She then backed up few steps and sat on the ground, looking at the broken pieces, her mind was a mess, What are you doing to me bat.

Somnus decided to knock on the door.

"Ruby, are you in there?"

Mixture of emotions could be heard in his voice. Sadness, regret, and concern for Ruby. He seemed more worried about Ruby being okay than himself.

14 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus decided to knock on the door.

"Ruby, are you in there?"

Mixture of emotions could be heard in his voice. Sadness, regret, and concern for Ruby. He seemed more worried about Ruby being okay than himself.

Of course he followed me. Was Ruby's first thought when she heard Somnus knocking on the door, she didn't want to necessary chase him away, but she didn't want to talk now either, so she did the next logical thing, and asked him to leave her alone.....in language he didn't understand "Jaseve ve loaw."

Somnus didn't understand her language, but he could tell that she was telling him to leave her alone.

"Ruby, I'm sorry I never meant to hurt you."

"I got too caught up in helping you and I didn't consider what you were saying."

He clearly felt horrible for upsetting her this badly.