Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus didn't understand her language, but he could tell that she was telling him to leave her alone.

"Ruby, I'm sorry I never meant to hurt you."

"I got too caught up in helping you and I didn't consider what you were saying."

He clearly felt horrible for upsetting her this badly.

Ruby didn't reply, instead she took and threw one of the bigger pieces of the mirror at the door, causing it to break into smaller pieces, and making loud enough noise for Somnus to hear it. She also crushed the piece of mirror she was looking into and let out a short growl. 

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't reply, instead she took and threw one of the bigger pieces of the mirror at the door, causing it to break into smaller pieces, and making loud enough noise for Somnus to hear it. She also crushed the piece of mirror she was looking into and let out a short growl. 

Somnus didn't say anything after that. He just sat down and stared at the ground, he had didn't even have it in him to go anywhere else. The lack of hoof steps made it easy to tell that he didn't leave. He was simply too saddened to bring himself to go anywhere.

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus didn't say anything after that. He just sat down and stared at the ground, he had didn't even have it in him to go anywhere else. The lack of hoof steps made it easy to tell that he didn't leave. He was simply too saddened to bring himself to go anywhere.

Ruby simply didn't know what she was feeling, she had internal war going inside her head and it was strong enough to cause her eyes change constantly from reptile to pony and back to reptile as her mind couldn't decide which form she should take and what she felt, even Calti had backed away from her and was standing in a corner prepared, unsure about her owner's state.

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby simply didn't know what she was feeling, she had internal war going inside her head and it was strong enough to cause her eyes change constantly from reptile to pony and back to reptile as her mind couldn't decide which form she should take and what she felt, even Calti had backed away from her and was standing in a corner prepared, unsure about her owner's state.

Somnus mumbled to himself.

"Maybe that dragon from earlier should've killed me. That's the only thing I deserve."

Although no one was meant to hear it, there was a possibility of it being heard.

6 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus mumbled to himself.

"Maybe that dragon from earlier should've killed me. That's the only thing I deserve."

Although no one was meant to hear it, there was a possibility of it being heard.

Ruby didn't hear it well enough to react to it, but Calti heard it and recognized his voice, so she walked to the door, pressing herself against the wall, away from Ruby, and started scratching the door, quietly but desperately meowing through it, she was scared.

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't hear it well enough to react to it, but Calti heard it and recognized his voice, so she walked to the door, pressing herself against the wall, away from Ruby, and started scratching the door, quietly but desperately meowing through it, she was scared.

Hearing this scratching, Somnus noticed that something could be seriously wrong.

"Ruby! What is going on in there?"

2 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Hearing this scratching, Somnus noticed that something could be seriously wrong.

"Ruby! What is going on in there?"

"I don't know." was the simple answer, but instead of the usual lack of emotion, there sounded to be everything at once, but other than that and Calti's scratching and meowing, there wasn't any other sounds. The door wasn't locked. 

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't know." was the simple answer, but instead of the usual lack of emotion, there sounded to be everything at once, but other than that and Calti's scratching and meowing, there wasn't any other sounds. The door wasn't locked. 

"You need to come out, you know I can't go in there. And judging by how Calti is acting, something seems seriously wrong."

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You need to come out, you know I can't go in there. And judging by how Calti is acting, something seems seriously wrong."

Ruby had taken another piece of the mirror and was looking into it "I can't." she again simply replied, sound of breaking class could be heard again, she didn't care at the moment if Somnus would come in or not, it was really up to him how much he cared about social rules. "Too risky."

Ruby had taken another piece of the mirror and was looking into it "I can't." she again simply replied, sound of breaking class could be heard again, she didn't care at the moment if Somnus would come in or not, it was really up to him how much he cared about social rules. "Too risky."

"Why is it too risky?"

Fearing the that something bad is happening, Somnus opened the door.

"What is going on?"

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Why is it too risky?"

Fearing the that something bad is happening, Somnus opened the door.

"What is going on?"

Calti ran up Somnus's leg and hid inside his saddlebag "I don't know." Ruby repliedwhen Somnus came in, she looked at him with her eyes still shifting between the two forms "But it doesn't feel good." though unknown to Ruby, the emotions going through her were everything from the usuals like anger to new ones like guilt and heartbreak, among few others. 

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Calti ran up Somnus's leg and hid inside his saddlebag "I don't know." Ruby repliedwhen Somnus came in, she looked at him with her eyes still shifting between the two forms "But it doesn't feel good." though unknown to Ruby, the emotions going through her were everything from the usuals like anger to new ones like guilt and heartbreak, among few others. 

Somnus could see what Ruby was feeling.

"I never meant for this to happen."

17 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus could see what Ruby was feeling.

"I never meant for this to happen."

"For what to happen?" Ruby asked with unintentional hiss "What did you do?" she then asked, since from her point of view it really looked that Somnus had purposely done something thanks to his choice of words and the fact that this had never before happened., 

"For what to happen?" Ruby asked with unintentional hiss "What did you do?" she then asked, since from her point of view it really looked that Somnus had purposely done something thanks to his choice of words and the fact that this had never before happened., 

"I don't know what happened, but clearly something did. I just wanted to help you."

30 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I don't know what happened, but clearly something did. I just wanted to help you."

"Well it doesn't really matter what anyone wanted now does it." Ruby said as her eyes still shifted, she punched another piece of the mirror "I just want for whatever this feeling is to end, but I can't control it." she then looked back towards Somnus "What are you doing to me?"

36 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well it doesn't really matter what anyone wanted now does it." Ruby said as her eyes still shifted, she punched another piece of the mirror "I just want for whatever this feeling is to end, but I can't control it." she then looked back towards Somnus "What are you doing to me?"

"Well, you were right. I should've listened to what you had to say."

25 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, you were right. I should've listened to what you had to say."

"I don't care what should have been done, it's too late for that." Ruby said, for someone who knew what emotions were and how they look like it would have been obvious that she was in emotional distress of some kind "Just do something right now." "Please."

28 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't care what should have been done, it's too late for that." Ruby said, for someone who knew what emotions were and how they look like it would have been obvious that she was in emotional distress of some kind "Just do something right now." "Please."

"I can tell that you aren't in a good state. We should probably get you to the cabin, it'll be a better place to calm down."

Somnus was a little bit concerned, he's never seen someone freak out so badly.

"Once we get to the cabin, I'll probably have to help you learn to control your emotions."

28 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I can tell that you aren't in a good state. We should probably get you to the cabin, it'll be a better place to calm down."

Somnus was a little bit concerned, he's never seen someone freak out so badly.

"Once we get to the cabin, I'll probably have to help you learn to control your emotions."

"Go through a ship full of ponies like this?" Ruby questioned "Look around me." she was talking about the pieces of mirror "And look at my eyes." "This is not intentional, any of this." "It's too risky to go into the crowd." "If someone sees my eyes and reacts in a wrong way, that could cause me to transform immediately, and I probably don't need to tell you why that'd be a bad thing high in the air in a mostly wooden ship full of ponies." it was hard to tell what exactly was the strongest feeling at the moment from Ruby's tone "Can't you just do something?" "You ponies were supposed to know about these things."

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Go through a ship full of ponies like this?" Ruby questioned "Look around me." she was talking about the pieces of mirror "And look at my eyes." "This is not intentional, any of this." "It's too risky to go into the crowd." "If someone sees my eyes and reacts in a wrong way, that could cause me to transform immediately, and I probably don't need to tell you why that'd be a bad thing high in the air in a mostly wooden ship full of ponies." it was hard to tell what exactly was the strongest feeling at the moment from Ruby's tone "Can't you just do something?" "You ponies were supposed to know about these things."

Somnus knew a lot of things, but he did not know everything.

"Do you happen to know what you are unhappy about? Maybe talking about that will help."

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus knew a lot of things, but he did not know everything.

"Do you happen to know what you are unhappy about? Maybe talking about that will help."

"I wasn't aware this was considered unhappiness." Ruby replied "So this is how it feels like." obviously she didn't have a answer to Somnus, how could she know what caused this, she had never before been emotionally hurt. "It's so unpleasant."

27 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I wasn't aware this was considered unhappiness." Ruby replied "So this is how it feels like." obviously she didn't have a answer to Somnus, how could she know what caused this, she had never before been emotionally hurt. "It's so unpleasant."

"Well, you could just wait for it to pass."

Having never seen this happen before, that was all Somnus could come up with.

6 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, you could just wait for it to pass."

Having never seen this happen before, that was all Somnus could come up with.

"Aren't you useful..." Ruby muttered "What do you think I have been doing." words clearly didn't do the trick for this one, if only there was a thing to do known to comfort ponies during emotional moments, thing also done in apologizes and forgiveness... 

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Aren't you useful..." Ruby muttered "What do you think I have been doing." words clearly didn't do the trick for this one, if only there was a thing to do known to comfort ponies during emotional moments, thing also done in apologizes and forgiveness... 

Somnus hugged her.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I went about helping you the wrong way."

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus hugged her.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I went about helping you the wrong way."

Ruby tensed up when Somnus hugged her, this time she could feel it since she was in her pony form, and it felt....good? She relaxed and started to seemingly calm down. Calti climbed out of Somnus's saddlebag finally too, tilting it's head curiously as it looked at Ruby.  Ruby spoke with confused tone "What is this.............feeling?"