Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby tensed up when Somnus hugged her, this time she could feel it since she was in her pony form, and it felt....good? She relaxed and started to seemingly calm down. Calti climbed out of Somnus's saddlebag finally too, tilting it's head curiously as it looked at Ruby.  Ruby spoke with confused tone "What is this.............feeling?" 

"Not sure, can you describe it?"

He had an idea of what it could be, but a description could help him be sure.

9 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Not sure, can you describe it?"

He had an idea of what it could be, but a description could help him be sure.

"It's...." Ruby started, sounding like she was really searching for the words "...calming, and...pleasant." those were really the only words she knew to describe it "I haven't felt it before, it...feels good.."

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It's...." Ruby started, sounding like she was really searching for the words "...calming, and...pleasant." those were really the only words she knew to describe it "I haven't felt it before, it...feels good.."

"I can't tell for sure what it is, but do you feel good enough to head out of here?"

14 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I can't tell for sure what it is, but do you feel good enough to head out of here?"

"I guess..." Ruby replied "I think I have calmed down for now.." she got up and Calti went inside her saddlebag "But though I have no idea what just happened with me, I still meant what I said." she still didn't like how one sided the whole change things was.

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I guess..." Ruby replied "I think I have calmed down for now.." she got up and Calti went inside her saddlebag "But though I have no idea what just happened with me, I still meant what I said." she still didn't like how one sided the whole change things was.

"You've seemed pretty concerned about ponies jumping off the ship in a panic. Probably an issue that we ponies gotta fix."

10 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You've seemed pretty concerned about ponies jumping off the ship in a panic. Probably an issue that we ponies gotta fix."

"Actually it was more about the fact that the boat would burn and fall to the ground." Ruby corrected "For more selfish point, I can't fly either due my broken wing, so it would have been very unfortunate situation." her tone was unusually friendly

17 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Actually it was more about the fact that the boat would burn and fall to the ground." Ruby corrected "For more selfish point, I can't fly either due my broken wing, so it would have been very unfortunate situation." her tone was unusually friendly

"Fair enough."

He'd have to work more on the sympathy thing later.

"Well, I guess we gotta figure out what to do next."

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Fair enough."

He'd have to work more on the sympathy thing later.

"Well, I guess we gotta figure out what to do next."

"I'd like to know what it is that I just went through." Ruby said "I know I got angry at you but there was something else than rage in there, something that felt awful." "You claim you want to help me, so now is your chance to do so."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'd like to know what it is that I just went through." Ruby said "I know I got angry at you but there was something else than rage in there, something that felt awful." "You claim you want to help me, so now is your chance to do so."

"It's hard to say for sure, but there could've been heartbreak, possible guilt, and other emotions."

That was his best guess.

7 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It's hard to say for sure, but there could've been heartbreak, possible guilt, and other emotions."

That was his best guess.

"Knowing their names doesn't really help me to understand." Ruby pointed out "There's no equivalents in our language, and though I know the definition of guilt, I still don't understand it." she knew that it wasn't that simple, but she expected that Somnus had prepared for the fact that it wasn't going to be easy when you introduce emotions to emotionless creature. 

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Knowing their names doesn't really help me to understand." Ruby pointed out "There's no equivalents in our language, and though I know the definition of guilt, I still don't understand it." she knew that it wasn't that simple, but she expected that Somnus had prepared for the fact that it wasn't going to be easy when you introduce emotions to emotionless creature. 

"Guilt, feeling like you did something wrong. Heartbreak, It's like someone hurt you, not physically, but emotionally."

He started to head out and gestured for Ruby to follow.

14 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Guilt, feeling like you did something wrong. Heartbreak, It's like someone hurt you, not physically, but emotionally."

He started to head out and gestured for Ruby to follow.

"Guilt...now that I think about it, we may have talked about it before." Ruby commented as she started following, referencing to their conversation regarding cats "But heartbreak.." she looked at Somnus "You didn't tell me that emotions can hurt."

16 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Guilt...now that I think about it, we may have talked about it before." Ruby commented as she started following, referencing to their conversation regarding cats "But heartbreak.." she looked at Somnus "You didn't tell me that emotions can hurt."

"Some can, but there are many others feel way better. The good ones outweigh the bad."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Some can, but there are many others feel way better. The good ones outweigh the bad."

"I hope you're right." Ruby stated "Otherwise it's pretty big inconvenience you have given to me" "Since at the moment the negatives are outweighing the positives pretty badly." "I don't want to lose control every time someone pisses me off."

6 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I hope you're right." Ruby stated "Otherwise it's pretty big inconvenience you have given to me" "Since at the moment the negatives are outweighing the positives pretty badly." "I don't want to lose control every time someone pisses me off."

"Well, what we could do is help you learn to control your emotions."

Giving it some thought, Somnus had an idea.

"I know of a pony that you've met before. I'm sure that someone as kind as she is might be able to help us with this one."

"Well, what we could do is help you learn to control your emotions."

Giving it some thought, Somnus had an idea.

"I know of a pony that you've met before. I'm sure that someone as kind as she is might be able to help us with this one."

"You are talking about Fluttershy aren't you." Ruby said, sounding rather displeased "I wouldn't say someone who controls animals through fear is exactly kind, but I'll go with your suggestions for now." "Just know that if she uses that stare of hers even once..." "...I'll be returning to the treasury and staying there for good."

21 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You are talking about Fluttershy aren't you." Ruby said, sounding rather displeased "I wouldn't say someone who controls animals through fear is exactly kind, but I'll go with your suggestions for now." "Just know that if she uses that stare of hers even once..." "...I'll be returning to the treasury and staying there for good."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that she does not use the stare."

Somnus was sure that Fluttershy would understand. And if she didn't, he would stop the stare at all costs.

"I'm pretty sure she's on the ship according to the brochure."

48 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that she does not use the stare."

Somnus was sure that Fluttershy would understand. And if she didn't, he would stop the stare at all costs.

"I'm pretty sure she's on the ship according to the brochure."

Ruby just snorted as a reply, she saw it more as a Somnus's problem if he didn't fill his promise, since Ruby was more than glad to just stay in the treasury if it came to that, so she didn't say anything about it, and she also wasn't going to act like she liked the idea of meeting her, since she didn't really like her due how their first meeting went.

35 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just snorted as a reply, she saw it more as a Somnus's problem if he didn't fill his promise, since Ruby was more than glad to just stay in the treasury if it came to that, so she didn't say anything about it, and she also wasn't going to act like she liked the idea of meeting her, since she didn't really like her due how their first meeting went.

"Now all we gotta do is find her."

He was about to look around, but he decided to ask Ruby something.

"What exactly happened between you and Fluttershy?"

22 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Now all we gotta do is find her."

He was about to look around, but he decided to ask Ruby something.

"What exactly happened between you and Fluttershy?"

"Nothing too complicated." Ruby replied "Twilight had her brought to me after she managed to calm down the fight between me and the guards that had found me." "She first tried to talk to me, don't remember what exactly, but after failing to make me go against my will by talking, she used the stare to force me to, I can't explain it but I just couldn't resist her word at all after she used it." she looked at Somnus "And I'd say it's pretty fair to not like someone who mind-controls you through fear with some kind of magical ability at your first meeting."

7 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Nothing too complicated." Ruby replied "Twilight had her brought to me after she managed to calm down the fight between me and the guards that had found me." "She first tried to talk to me, don't remember what exactly, but after failing to make me go against my will by talking, she used the stare to force me to, I can't explain it but I just couldn't resist her word at all after she used it." she looked at Somnus "And I'd say it's pretty fair to not like someone who mind-controls you through fear with some kind of magical ability at your first meeting."

"I have never looked at it like that."

"I guess there really is something severly wrong with that. Anyway, we should probably figure out where she is. Let's check the front of the ship."

"I have never looked at it like that."

"I guess there really is something severely wrong with that. Anyway, we should probably figure out where she is. Let's check the front of the ship."

"That doesn't surprise me." Ruby simply commented "I could explain more things you ponies do that aren't as good as you may think."

"And lead the way." "You're the one bringing to a place so I will just follow you."

6 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That doesn't surprise me." Ruby simply commented "I could explain more things you ponies do that aren't as good as you may think."

"And lead the way." "You're the one bringing to a place so I will just follow you."

Somnus started to head to the front of the ship.

"If words such as 'love' is in your language, would that mean that there is or was a dragon that felt that emotion?"

Somnus wasn't trying to prove a point this time, he was simply curious.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus started to head to the front of the ship.

"If words such as 'love' is in your language, would that mean that there is or was a dragon that felt that emotion?"

Somnus wasn't trying to prove a point this time, he was simply curious.

"I don't know if there was." Ruby admitted "There certainly isn't one now as far as I know, but we have been different long time ago, there has been dragons using magic like you do, so there might have been dragons with emotions." "The language is older than any dragon, or really any other creature alive today, so the origins are long forgotten."

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't know if there was." Ruby admitted "There certainly isn't one now as far as I know, but we have been different long time ago, there has been dragons using magic like you do, so there might have been dragons with emotions." "The language is older than any dragon, or really any other creature alive today, so the origins are long forgotten."

"It would make sense. My best guess is that something happened that changed everything. Nothing happens without something to make it happen."

It seemed pretty likely to him, though he didn't exactly know what could've caused the dragons to change.

"I'm not sure what happened, but perhaps it's magic related."