Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Treasure" Ruby simply said before closing the treasury door and speaking in unknown language, which caused magical lock to appear on the door, "Where I come from, dragons have lived longer than your species has existed." "And there is only so much treasure in certain area, which means that at the time I was born, everything was already owned by someone." "And because I'm still so young, taking on older dragons to steal their treasure would have been a suicide, I'm greedy, not an idiot." "So I did the most logical thing and moved somewhere where there still was treasure to be owned."

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Fair point, being young has many challanges. The whole age thing is weird. First, you are too young, then you are at your prime for a few years, then you are old. Start weak, end weak. It's why I found a way to make myself immortal, so that I can always be at my prime."

He gave a little thought for a second.

"You should try it too someday. You could have much to look forword to and nothing to dread. Well, there is losing loved ones, but everyone loses loved ones anyway."

He waited for the dragon to get ready to go.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight

"We are never weak per say, it's just that dragon the size of a building is stronger than someone like me who is only few times bigger than a pony." Ruby defended "And I don't dread anything, I'm not afraid of death, and few thousand years is just enough life for me." she walked next to the guard ready to go. 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"A few thousand years may be good for you, but I'm glad to be immortal. I mean no one with a stable mind would want to die. Sure, there's life after death, but still."

Somnus started walking out, knowing Ruby would likely follow.

"I guess that's why I became immortal when I saw the chance. But hey, at least I don't need to fear death... well unless you decided to kill me right now, but I doubt you'd do that."

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Basically" 

"Well I wouldn't say we are rare, we just live far from Equestria so we are rare here." Ruby pointed out "But we do have smaller number than most other creatures, but it has nothing to do with our social structure, instead it's simply our biology." she explained "We only get one offspring at once, and every phase leading to that take years in total." "For example, we don't hit our full maturity until the age 50."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, at least you don't have to control a bunch of kids. I hear they can be difficult, but I wouldn't know since I've never had kids, which is because of my refusal to marry anyone who is mortal. It'd end with the spouse aging and dying while I always look like I'm in my 20's. Sure, making them immortal would be easy, but you'd be surprised how many ponies don't want to be immortal."

"Anyway, given my infinite life, I'll find someone immortal eventually."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"You have clearly never met very young dragon." Ruby commented sounding almost amused "I have seen you species' kids and I'd rather take hundred of them than one of my own kind." "At least your kind shuts up when they have everything they want, and doesn't try to kill you."

"That's something I don't understand about you ponies." "This whole marriage thing, or love in general, it all seems so...unnecessary." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, you can't gice a kid EVERYTHING they want, then they'll just want more. You also can't deny them everything, that's just being a jerk."

"As for love and all that, everyone experiences it eventually. Some try to hide it, which I'd assume you are one of those who do that."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Well, the point about they trying to kill you still stands."

"I still don't get it, it may be a feeling you ponies feel, but I don't see why you are so obsessed with it." Ruby explained "I feel strong need to own when I see something I like, but I don't go around stealing everything that shines, even if I'd want to and I think your laws are stupid." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"I'm not sure why we are obsessed with it, but I know it's important. Laws are important. Without them how could society even hope to function? Why would I want to live in a place where everyone wants to kill me, steal from me, and destroy my property? Surely you wouldn't want to live such a life."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Can't be a spell, he was using weapons just like swords, spears, and bows. Keep in mind that he isn't invincible. He'd definitely lose to someone such as Discord. There is also the issue with numbers, like when that storm guy attacked Canterlot. Luckily as I said, we had enough time to fortify Ponyville and defend it. We WERE going to try and take back Canterlot, but right when we get there, I see the Storm King as a statue falling to his death. On the bright side, the party was great! I could've done without the hangover the next day though."

Hearing Ruby say she was surprised about ponies killing seemed silly to Somnus.

"Well of course ponies kill on occasion. Typically it's in self-defense. Of course there's the occasional murderer, but they aren't too common because of laws and police to enforce those laws. It use to be guards enforcing the law, but they put the first modern police force out to enforce the law about... I think almost 200 years ago if I remember correctly."

@Lucid_Nightlight 
"I wouldn't say of course you kill." Ruby argued "Because it isn't that obvious, hay, you have a princess of friendship and princess of love in your kingdom." "Not only that, you have six ponies who together can shoot a magical laser that deals with threats non-lethally." she looked at the guard "In fact, I dare to suggest that most of your own species thinks that you don't kill anything."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Yes" Ruby declared "I did think they were just for a show." "You don't have any public history books telling about you actually using them, nor have I heard any stories from the ponies in Ponyville regarding that either." "The most violent thing I have heard you ponies doing is that rainbow maned pegasus punching a bugbear and a dragon."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Trust me, there's been violence in our history. These days though... we don't talk about this history, we don't teach much of this part of our history when we should and now, if you look at the events of the Storm King, Tirek, and all these other magical threats... history is starting to repeat itself."

By the looks of it, Somnus felt strongly about what he was saying.

"We need to be open about all parts of history, even the darkest parts of it. This is what the princesses fail to realize."

@Catpone Cerberus

Hearing this really annoyed the bat pony. He hated it when someone lacked respect for others.

"Well, at least we ponies aren't complete egotistical savages. Unlike you, we don't go treating others like [WORD REDACTED], especially when they are treating us with great respect."

He seemed pretty serious

"Just look at yourself! All you do is lay around in some treasure all day, probably gaining weight. It's pretty obvious that you've never done anything good with your life."