Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

42 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, one solution is to think of more positive things. While you may believe that you gotta focus on staying in your pony form, you won't need to when focusing on something positive."

Somnus spoke up.

"I'd say that it makes sense."

"You clearly don't know how my transformation works." Ruby replied "It's not a natural ability, It's a spell, magic, bound to my mind, if I don't focus on it, it breaks. The moment you see my eyes change, it's already breaking." her eyes had been back to 'normal' since Fluttershy asked how she felt "But even if we ignore that, there's nothing positive to think about, because every source of positivity I have are related to my real form, which also makes me want to change out of this uncomfortable and limited form." she sounded bit impatient, she needed to know how to control them before they take over.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

19 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You clearly don't know how my transformation works." Ruby replied "It's not a natural ability, It's a spell, magic, bound to my mind, if I don't focus on it, it breaks. The moment you see my eyes change, it's already breaking." her eyes had been back to 'normal' since Fluttershy asked how she felt "But even if we ignore that, there's nothing positive to think about, because every source of positivity I have are related to my real form, which also makes me want to change out of this uncomfortable and limited form." she sounded bit impatient, she needed to know how to control them before they take over.

Somnus that he would say something.

"Who said that you had to be in pony form? If other ponies are afraid, isn't it their problem?"

53 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus that he would say something.

"Who said that you had to be in pony form? If other ponies are afraid, isn't it their problem?"

"It becomes my problem when those afraid ponies start doing thing to annoy or inconvenience me by for example playing a hero or other stupid things." Ruby pointed out "or when I could accidentally break the platform I'm standing on high in the air while I can't fly, like was the situation here."

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It becomes my problem when those afraid ponies start doing thing to annoy or inconvenience me by for example playing a hero or other stupid things." Ruby pointed out "or when I could accidentally break the platform I'm standing on high in the air while I can't fly, like was the situation here."

"Have you tried not letting things bother you?"

This was something that some ponies could do. She didn't know if Ruby could do that or not.

"Have you tried not letting things bother you?"

This was something that some ponies could do. She didn't know if Ruby could do that or not.

"I can ignore quite lot of things, but my instincts are a different case." Ruby started "Besides, ignoring someone shooting you with magic and or poking you with sticks is quite challenging even if you can't feel them."

"Wait, so they shoot you with magic and poke you with sticks because they find you intimidating?"

That didn't sound very reasonable to Somnus.

"Why don't they do that to the other dragons though?"

Fluttershy was just as confused.

"It seems that we must find a way to get ponies to think better of you then."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

10 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Wait, so they shoot you with magic and poke you with sticks because they find you intimidating?"

That didn't sound very reasonable to Somnus.

"Why don't they do that to the other dragons though?"

Fluttershy was just as confused.

"It seems that we must find a way to get ponies to think better of you then."

"By sticks I mean weapons." Ruby corrected "But your weapons by themselves are as same as poking me with sticks," she shrugged "And it's simple really why they act towards me more visibly." "I look lot more intimidating, and I'm usually angry when I change since there's no reason for me to transform just for sake of it in middle of the group, so naturally I am lot more intimidating." "And really, would you just calmly watch from side when one of the ponies near you turns into a angry dragon?"

21 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"By sticks I mean weapons." Ruby corrected "But your weapons by themselves are as same as poking me with sticks," she shrugged "And it's simple really why they act towards me more visibly." "I look lot more intimidating, and I'm usually angry when I change since there's no reason for me to transform just for sake of it in middle of the group, so naturally I am lot more intimidating." "And really, would you just calmly watch from side when one of the ponies near you turns into a angry dragon?"

"Big and angry. I can see how that would scare someone."

"What exactly makes you angry?"

This seemed like a pretty good question. Both hoped that this could help get somewhere.

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Big and angry. I can see how that would scare someone."

"What exactly makes you angry?"

This seemed like a pretty good question. Both hoped that this could help get somewhere.

"Besides threats..." Ruby thought for a moment "Really anything annoying if it goes for too long." "And naturally I'm easier to piss off if I'm hungry, though then I'm also significantly more dangerous."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Besides threats..." Ruby thought for a moment "Really anything annoying if it goes for too long." "And naturally I'm easier to piss off if I'm hungry, though then I'm also significantly more dangerous."

"If someone is annoying, why not just ask them to stop?"

"Or just tell them to shut the **** up and get on with life. It always makes me feel better."

"I don't know if that's a way to talking to any pony."

"Eh, they usually have it coming."

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"If someone is annoying, why not just ask them to stop?"

"Or just tell them to shut the **** up and get on with life. It always makes me feel better."

"I don't know if that's a way to talking to any pony."

"Eh, they usually have it coming."

"Because you are probably the only pony who would stop when asked nicely." Ruby replied to Fluttershy, as Calti made her way from the saddlebag on Ruby's head to cool down, Ruby then looked at Somnus "And when it comes to your suggestion, you would be surprised how many ponies only get more annoying when you show them you're annoyed."

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Because you are probably the only pony who would stop when asked nicely." Ruby replied to Fluttershy, as Calti made her way from the saddlebag on Ruby's head to cool down, Ruby then looked at Somnus "And when it comes to your suggestion, you would be surprised how many ponies only get more annoying when you show them you're annoyed."

"Well, sometimes learning to control your emotions can take time... if only there was something that could help for the time being..."

"She has a cat. It's pretty common for ponies to use cats as a way to calm down when they're angry."

She looked at Ruby.

"Your cat would be perfect for keeping you happy while you learn to control your emotions."

"Well, sometimes learning to control your emotions can take time... if only there was something that could help for the time being..."

"She has a cat. It's pretty common for ponies to use cats as a way to calm down when they're angry."

She looked at Ruby.

"Your cat would be perfect for keeping you happy while you learn to control your emotions."

"Tell that to her." Ruby commented "Poor thing was terrified of me when I couldn't control myself." "If the door wouldn't have been shut, I wouldn't have been surprised if she would have ran away to never return."

13 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Tell that to her." Ruby commented "Poor thing was terrified of me when I couldn't control myself." "If the door wouldn't have been shut, I wouldn't have been surprised if she would have ran away to never return."

"Why not catch yourself before you get angry?"

"That could work."

"Why not catch yourself before you get angry?"

"That could work."

"And how am I supposed to do that?" Ruby questioned "It's not like I have some kind of warning in my head that starts making sound to warn me about anger." "Besides, wasn't this supposed to be about the feelings I don't recognize?" "The emotions that fuel the anger? "

33 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"And how am I supposed to do that?" Ruby questioned "It's not like I have some kind of warning in my head that starts making sound to warn me about anger." "Besides, wasn't this supposed to be about the feelings I don't recognize?" "The emotions that fuel the anger? "

"Do you feel something before getting angry? If you do, maybe describing it will be helpful."

"Yes, maybe we can figure out what to do if we have that information."

25 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Do you feel something before getting angry? If you do, maybe describing it will be helpful."

"Yes, maybe we can figure out what to do if we have that information."

"Annoyance." Ruby stated, sounding like it should be obvious at this point "The problem isn't that I feel anger, it's part of my nature, and I know at this point how to deal with it." "It's that there was new feelings that kept me mad, thus it doesn't matter if I take care of the anger, because it just comes back due the pain inside me."

4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Annoyance." Ruby stated, sounding like it should be obvious at this point "The problem isn't that I feel anger, it's part of my nature, and I know at this point how to deal with it." "It's that there was new feelings that kept me mad, thus it doesn't matter if I take care of the anger, because it just comes back due the pain inside me."

"Then maybe the cat would be helpful while you are annoyed."

"That would make sense. Another idea is maybe you simply need to get use to your new emotions."

Somnus saw this as a good possibility.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Then maybe the cat would be helpful while you are annoyed."

"That would make sense. Another idea is maybe you simply need to get use to your new emotions."

Somnus saw this as a good possibility.

Ruby sighed "This is waste of time..." she looked at Fluttershy "Since you don't seem to be any help with this, could you at least tell my why Somnus hugging me calmed me down so quickly?" "How did he drive away a pain he caused?"

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby sighed "This is waste of time..." she looked at Fluttershy "Since you don't seem to be any help with this, could you at least tell my why Somnus hugging me calmed me down so quickly?" "How did he drive away a pain he caused?"

"That is rather interesting. Clearly you like him. It could be as a friend or beyond that, either way is very possible."

Somnus mumbled something.

"I know how I like her."

"Ruby, do you know enough to tell me what you think of Somnus?"

"That is rather interesting. Clearly you like him. It could be as a friend or beyond that, either way is very possible."

Somnus mumbled something.

"I know how I like her."

"Ruby, do you know enough to tell me what you think of Somnus?"

"I don't exactly think anything of him, he's just a pony like all of you." Ruby replied "But parts of my mind that I don't control, can't stop wishing the best to him." "Even my greed keeps reminding about him."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't exactly think anything of him, he's just a pony like all of you." Ruby replied "But parts of my mind that I don't control, can't stop wishing the best to him." "Even my greed keeps reminding about him."

"Then you feel something for him. You care about Somnus. As for why the hug worked, I'd say that you caring about him is part of the reason at the very least."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Then you feel something for him. You care about Somnus. As for why the hug worked, I'd say that you caring about him is part of the reason at the very least."

Ruby didn't say anything at first, and her expression didn't give anything away about her current thoughts or feelings, she then spoke with er usual tone "None of this has helped me with anything relating emotion." "Sure, they exist, I knew that, but what do I do with them, where's the good part? the thing that's supposed to make them more positive thing than negative?." 

8 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't say anything at first, and her expression didn't give anything away about her current thoughts or feelings, she then spoke with er usual tone "None of this has helped me with anything relating emotion." "Sure, they exist, I knew that, but what do I do with them, where's the good part? the thing that's supposed to make them more positive thing than negative?." 

"The positive emotions are what overrule the negative ones. In fact, they even stop the negative ones when you are feeling them."

"That is true."

As for this not being helpful.

"Perhaps you simply need some time to get use to these emotions. I'd suggest keeping Somnus with you whenever you can, I think he will be your best bet at keeping things under control for you while you figure things out."

45 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"The positive emotions are what overrule the negative ones. In fact, they even stop the negative ones when you are feeling them."

"That is true."

As for this not being helpful.

"Perhaps you simply need some time to get use to these emotions. I'd suggest keeping Somnus with you whenever you can, I think he will be your best bet at keeping things under control for you while you figure things out."

"So keep doing exactly what I have been doing." Ruby stated "Go figure, I honestly didn't expect this to go anywhere anyway." "Really one of the few things I wanted to be proved wrong about." she sounded almost bored when she said it.