Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

1 hour ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

The mare showed a concerned face.

"I understand what you mean, but what about you all? I haven't finished planning you guys' shifts"

A few moments later, Rose got an idea

"Okay, how about you bring my plannings here and help me fulfill my duties?" she would ask with a smile as adorable as possible to Arrow, reaching her hooves since she wished he would hug her nicely.

Doing as Rose said, Arrow went and grabbed the stuff that she needed and returned quickly.

"I got everything you need. Also, according to one of these reports, Ruby seems to have taken one of the horns off the dragon defeated and kept it as a trophy. That's a first around here."

------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Sure they could outrun our claws, but the flames are a different story." Ruby simply commented "But in the end, there isn't really any reason why that fight would even happen in the first place, since cats are smart enough to not challenge a dragon, and they are so small that most dragons would even knowledge their existence."

"There is also the fact that cats usually go for things that they know they could beat."

17 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Doing as Rose said, Arrow went and grabbed the stuff that she needed and returned quickly.

"I got everything you need. Also, according to one of these reports, Ruby seems to have taken one of the horns off the dragon defeated and kept it as a trophy. That's a first around here."

As Ruby's name was mentioned, Rose looked annoyed.

"I guess that results of her greed I presume?"

1 hour ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

As Ruby's name was mentioned, Rose looked annoyed.

"I guess that results of her greed I presume?"

"I can't say for sure. Either way, I guess there is no harm done from it."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"There is also the fact that cats usually go for things that they know they could beat."

"So exactly like I said, they're smart enough to not fight dragons, you can just replace dragons with anything that cats can't beat." Ruby pointed out "Why do we always end up talking about things beating other things in fights?"

19 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"So exactly like I said, they're smart enough to not fight dragons, you can just replace dragons with anything that cats can't beat." Ruby pointed out "Why do we always end up talking about things beating other things in fights?"

"Because I am a strategist, so naturally I end up thinking about who can beat who in a fight. It's also why I'm better in a fight when I've had time to plan and prepare."

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Because I am a strategist, so naturally I end up thinking about who can beat who in a fight. It's also why I'm better in a fight when I've had time to plan and prepare."

"I don't see what fighting ability of house cats has to do with strategy, until you're expecting invasion by cats." Ruby replied, sounding almost sarcastic "And it's not a skill to be better prepared when you have more time to prepare."

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't see what fighting ability of house cats has to do with strategy, until you're expecting invasion by cats." Ruby replied, sounding almost sarcastic "And it's not a skill to be better prepared when you have more time to prepare."

"Having time to prepare is not a skill, but properly using that time is."

5 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Having time to prepare is not a skill, but properly using that time is."

"I still wouldn't call that a skill, it's more like that not using it is just lack of brain." Ruby replied, petting Calti "But if you're so good at preparing, why haven't you figured out things about your currently most active enemy other than by asking me about my kind."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I still wouldn't call that a skill, it's more like that not using it is just lack of brain." Ruby replied, petting Calti "But if you're so good at preparing, why haven't you figured out things about your currently most active enemy other than by asking me about my kind."

"I currently do not have an active enemy. I have nothing to prepare for."

This was true. No one was really a threat to Somnus at the time. Sure, there was that dragon, but he didn't know that it existed until it attacked him. There's also the fact that the dragon is dead.

56 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I currently do not have an active enemy. I have nothing to prepare for."

This was true. No one was really a threat to Somnus at the time. Sure, there was that dragon, but he didn't know that it existed until it attacked him. There's also the fact that the dragon is dead.

"I wasn't talking about you personally." Ruby pointed out "You're guard are you not, and it seems that dragons are big enough threat that Arrow gets to kill them." "And you have showed that you don't know anything about dragons."

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I wasn't talking about you personally." Ruby pointed out "You're guard are you not, and it seems that dragons are big enough threat that Arrow gets to kill them." "And you have showed that you don't know anything about dragons."

"Arrow killed dragons on his adventures previous to becoming a guard. One day, a guy with a bow caught Arrow by surprise and shot him right in the knee. The guy was trying to go for the heart, but that's besides the point. After getting his knee all screwed up, he did heal, but walking long distances was a little painful at the time. Although he's fine now, being a guard keeps him from going on big adventures."

"Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you are the only dragon he's seen since being shot in the knee."

He concluded.

"Now, with the Dragonlands and Equestria being allies, there is really not much to worry about. Sure, there's also your homeland, but I highly doubt that they would go out of their way to attack us."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

On 12/2/2018 at 11:24 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I can't say for sure. Either way, I guess there is no harm done from it."

"Yeah, I guess that's fine."

The mare then laid back down on the bed, and looked romantically at Arrow. He wasn't her coltfriend for nothing: cute, kind and sweet at the same time, the combo matching her interest was there.

5 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Yeah, I guess that's fine."

The mare then laid back down on the bed, and looked romantically at Arrow. He wasn't her coltfriend for nothing: cute, kind and sweet at the same time, the combo matching her interest was there.

Arrow gave a romantic smile, but that last for a moments since he had work to do.

"So what exactly are we supposed to do with all this weird paper stuff?"

27 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow gave a romantic smile, but that last for a moments since he had work to do.

"So what exactly are we supposed to do with all this weird paper stuff?"

"Basically, these are schedules for Guards. Though I doubt I've finished your shift for today."

6 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Basically, these are schedules for Guards. Though I doubt I've finished your shift for today."

"Perhaps the guy who insulted Somnus' hamster should get night duty."

If there was one thing most guards knew, it was to respect the hamster.

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Perhaps the guy who insulted Somnus' hamster should get night duty."

If there was one thing most guards knew, it was to respect the hamster.

"The problem is that I don't know who this pony is, and if they even are a Royal Guard. By the way, where is your dog? I struggle finding his or her name..."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Arrow killed dragons on his adventures previous to becoming a guard. One day, a guy with a bow caught Arrow by surprise and shot him right in the knee. The guy was trying to go for the heart, but that's besides the point. After getting his knee all screwed up, he did heal, but walking long distances was a little painful at the time. Although he's fine now, being a guard keeps him from going on big adventures."

"Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you are the only dragon he's seen since being shot in the knee."

He concluded.

"Now, with the Dragonlands and Equestria being allies, there is really not much to worry about. Sure, there's also your homeland, but I highly doubt that they would go out of their way to attack us."

"You are contradicting yourself." Ruby pointed out "First you told me that all dragons Arrow has killed have been like the one that attacked you, attacking towns, but now you say he hasn't killed any since he became a guard." "So there's one of the three things that's happening here, either your memory is bad, you're purposely lying to defend Arrow's actions, or you blindly believe what he has told you."

(edited)
3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You are contradicting yourself." Ruby pointed out "First you told me that all dragons Arrow has killed have been like the one that attacked you, attacking towns, but now you say he hasn't killed any since he became a guard." "So there's one of the three things that's happening here, either your memory is bad, you're purposely lying to defend Arrow's actions, or you blindly believe what he has told you."

"The time these dragons were killed was before he was a guard. Besides, if Arrow kills dragons just for the sake killing them, then why are you still alive?"

Somnus was telling what he believed to be the truth. He saw no reason to think that Arrow would lie to him about this.

"Besides, you haven't even said three words to him, so how would you even have a clue about him or his intentions? I highly doubt Arrow would lie to me."

---------------------------------------------------------

8 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"The problem is that I don't know who this pony is, and if they even are a Royal Guard. By the way, where is your dog? I struggle finding his or her name..."

"His name is Stumpy."

Right when he said that, the pug walked into the infirmary. Stumpy probably decided he could get attention since they were not in that office.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"His name is Stumpy."

Right when he said that, the pug walked into the infirmary. Stumpy probably decided he could get attention since they were not in that office.

Since they weren't in the office, Rose smiled to the dog and allowed him in, resting in bed. 

"You may come in, Stumpy. I won't bite." She joked, as Stumpy would actually be the one more likely to bite somepony.

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"The time these dragons were killed was before he was a guard. Besides, if Arrow kills dragons just for the sake killing them, then why are you still alive?"

Somnus was telling what he believed to be the truth. He saw no reason to think that Arrow would lie to him about this.

"Besides, you haven't even said three words to him, so how would you even have a clue about him or his intentions? I highly doubt Arrow would lie to me."

"Why he hasn't killed me? It's simple really, he hasn't got the chance, he knows there could be consequences if he killed me for no reason." Ruby pointed out "Like I said earlier, he already shown that he would be more than happy to do so if given the chance." she looked at Somnus "Also, the amount of words we have spoken doesn't matter, I judge actions, not words. Because you can say whatever you want, but you can't change your actions." " But if we play with your logic, you weren't there when he killed those dragons, so how can you say he's telling the truth?" she shrugged "Though I'm not surprised you would believe him, after all, it's a pony talking about dragons..." she narrowed her eyes ".... naturally the pony is more likely to be the righteous one, am I right?"

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Why he hasn't killed me? It's simple really, he hasn't got the chance, he knows there could be consequences if he killed me for no reason." Ruby pointed out "Like I said earlier, he already shown that he would be more than happy to do so if given the chance." she looked at Somnus "Also, the amount of words we have spoken doesn't matter, I judge actions, not words. Because you can say whatever you want, but you can't change your actions." " But if we play with your logic, you weren't there when he killed those dragons, so how can you say he's telling the truth?" she shrugged "Though I'm not surprised you would believe him, after all, it's a pony talking about dragons..." she narrowed her eyes ".... naturally the pony is more likely to be the righteous one, am I right?"

"I've been around for a long while. I know a liar when I see one."

As for the whole thing about a pony talking about a dragon... Somnus decided to prove a poiny.

"Or perhaps in your case the dragons are right because it's a dragon talking about a pony."

"Do you really think Arrow is stupid enough to fight a fire breathing dragon for no reason? Besides, if he were to kill them for no reason, why would he mention it at all instead of keeping it secret? Arrow is not a murderer."

41 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Since they weren't in the office, Rose smiled to the dog and allowed him in, resting in bed. 

"You may come in, Stumpy. I won't bite." She joked, as Stumpy would actually be the one more likely to bite somepony.

Stumpy climbed over to see this new pony he never met before.

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I've been around for a long while. I know a liar when I see one."

As for the whole thing about a pony talking about a dragon... Somnus decided to prove a poiny.

"Or perhaps in your case the dragons are right because it's a dragon talking about a pony."

"Do you really think Arrow is stupid enough to fight a fire breathing dragon for no reason? Besides, if he were to kill them for no reason, why would he mention it at all instead of keeping it secret? Arrow is not a murderer."

"We all say we can spot a lie until someone betrays us."

"I don't believe in right and wrong." Ruby pointed out "But I don't hide the fact that I watch this from perspective of dragon, because I know what it is like to be a dragon in world of ponies." she explained "I have never said that dragons can't do what you consider wrong, but I also acknowledge that they can be victims too." "And lastly, there's nothing stupid to attack something you know you can beat, if you didn't believe you can beat something, you wouldn't attack even for a reason." "And why to mention it?" "You ponies literally have your talents pictured on your flanks, you like the praise, you like to be congratulated, and what gives praise and honor? Being a hero, and how do you become a hero? Defend ponies from something they believe to be a threat."

Her goal wasn't to put Arrow down, she just wanted Somnus to see the other side of the coin, to accept that there's a possibility, even if so tiny that it's meaningless, that his friend isn't as righteous as he things, to accept that ponies are not perfectly good. 

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"We all say we can spot a lie until someone betrays us."

"I don't believe in right and wrong." Ruby pointed out "But I don't hide the fact that I watch this from perspective of dragon, because I know what it is like to be a dragon in world of ponies." she explained "I have never said that dragons can't do what you consider wrong, but I also acknowledge that they can be victims too." "And lastly, there's nothing stupid to attack something you know you can beat, if you didn't believe you can beat something, you wouldn't attack even for a reason." "And why to mention it?" "You ponies literally have your talents pictured on your flanks, you like the praise, you like to be congratulated, and what gives praise and honor? Being a hero, and how do you become a hero? Defend ponies from something they believe to be a threat."

Her goal wasn't to put Arrow down, she just wanted Somnus to see the other side of the coin, to accept that there's a possibility, even if so tiny that it's meaningless, that his friend isn't as righteous as he things, to accept that ponies are not perfectly good. 

"It might be possible, but I'm going to believe what I see."

Somnus knew it wad possible, but he was still going to lean towards what seems more likely.