Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

19 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose slightly blushed in reaction to this.

"I'm glad I do, Cutiepie."

Looking at the new arrival, Rose greeted him with a salute, as usual. "Greetings, soldier!" She didn't quite remember his name, but a bell rang in her mind when a transfer to Luna's Palace was mentioned. "Hmm... Hold on, I'll find your schedule in a minute." She said, checking the pages of her schedule agenda until she would stop to a Guard named Longwing. "There we go. Your request of being transferred to Luna's Palace couldn't immediately be fulfilled, but I managed to have you get there three days later from today. Before that particular day, you'll be at your spot next to Celestia. Hope that's okay?" She would ask, as she always did ask that question to ensure the soldier was fine with the planning she made. Even if she was higher ranked than them, she still took in consideration their opinions since this stuff was applying on them. To her eyes, you can't shove something down somepony's throat without even asking about what they think of this.

Longwing had saluted back to his Captain and he made the faintest inkling of a smile across his face as he saw the mare's respect for others hadn't been taken away by her ranking. He was really quite fond of Rose, actually sought to make her proud. He wished to be captain one day, maybe later on down the line of command. He was a General Officer, meaning he did hold fairly high ranks but still able to be deployed in combat. He regarded Rose as more of a friend than just a co-worker or partner in arms, thus he made it a duty to make sure she was treated fairly by any other staff member below him. He replied with a slight tinge of playfullness in his voice,"Oh, Captain Rose, You never cease to make my day strides better. But, yes Ma'am that will be quite fine. I've got issues that need attending before I leave my post anyhow. If you need some assistance making the Schedule for the recruits, I can help. I did it when you were off on a leave of absence a few months ago. I am a General Officer after all, besides you seem like you need some rest. You and Arrow here look like you've been drained."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So... what now?"

Somnus wasn't really sure.

"Transfers have been less common lately. For some reason it's usually a guard with a report about someone breaking the vending machine."

It was usually Arrow who ended up breaking it.

He looked at Arrow with a raised eyebrow," You know, Arrow. I would sometimes like to get a snack out of there but, uh. I kinda can't. Either it's broken or always, Always out of snacks." He tried his best not to let a smile crack upon his lips, or let his stone-like manner be broken by this obviously bad attempt at a good joke.

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Typically I annoy ponies and do whatever I feel like doing."

Not very specific, but that's what he did for fun.

"Yeah I noticed that you like to do pranks, you even told me that when we did if you remember." Ruby reminded "You even got hit by a stick because of that." The correct word was cane but Ruby didn't care, stick was a stick no matter the shape.

11 hours ago, Aurora Lights said:

Longwing had saluted back to his Captain and he made the faintest inkling of a smile across his face as he saw the mare's respect for others hadn't been taken away by her ranking. He was really quite fond of Rose, actually sought to make her proud. He wished to be captain one day, maybe later on down the line of command. He was a General Officer, meaning he did hold fairly high ranks but still able to be deployed in combat. He regarded Rose as more of a friend than just a co-worker or partner in arms, thus he made it a duty to make sure she was treated fairly by any other staff member below him. He replied with a slight tinge of playfullness in his voice,"Oh, Captain Rose, You never cease to make my day strides better. But, yes Ma'am that will be quite fine. I've got issues that need attending before I leave my post anyhow. If you need some assistance making the Schedule for the recruits, I can help. I did it when you were off on a leave of absence a few months ago. I am a General Officer after all, besides you seem like you need some rest. You and Arrow here look like you've been drained."

He looked at Arrow with a raised eyebrow," You know, Arrow. I would sometimes like to get a snack out of there but, uh. I kinda can't. Either it's broken or always, Always out of snacks." He tried his best not to let a smile crack upon his lips, or let his stone-like manner be broken by this obviously bad attempt at a good joke.

"It'll stop breaking when it stops stealing my bits."

----------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Yeah I noticed that you like to do pranks, you even told me that when we did if you remember." Ruby reminded "You even got hit by a stick because of that." The correct word was cane but Ruby didn't care, stick was a stick no matter the shape.

"Yea, there was another time when some guy bit me. Seriously, who does that?"

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Yea, there was another time when some guy bit me. Seriously, who does that?"

"That pony obviously." Ruby pointed out "I'm surprised if that's really the only time that happened during your life" After all, Somnus had lived over thousand years based on his claim, so Ruby was surprised anything surprised him.

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That pony obviously." Ruby pointed out "I'm surprised if that's really the only time that happened during your life" After all, Somnus had lived over thousand years based on his claim, so Ruby was surprised anything surprised him.

"Biting other ponies is not normal."

He thought he should point that out.

20 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Biting other ponies is not normal."

He thought he should point that out.

"It doesn't need to normal to happen." Ruby pointed out "What I'm doing with my life isn't normal but it's still happening, carnivores and herbivores being friends is not normal." "Normal is what is the most common."

34 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It doesn't need to normal to happen." Ruby pointed out "What I'm doing with my life isn't normal but it's still happening, carnivores and herbivores being friends is not normal." "Normal is what is the most common."

"So... you wouldn't be surprised if someone came in here and bit you?"

Being bitten by a random pony is surprising to Somnus.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:40 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Stumpy decided to lay down by Rose, it seems that the little pug has made a new friend.

In reaction to this, Rose smiled to Stumpy and started to gently pat his head, then continue by stroking his body.

"Well aren't you cute~"

On 12/6/2018 at 2:01 AM, Aurora Lights said:

In reaction to Longwing's playful voice tone, the mare hid a chuckle behind her hoof. "Such a cute way to speak, Longwing. Anyway I'm glad the schedule I've planned for you suits you fine. It's settled then." She let out a small smile as she grabbed her pen to check in Longwing's schedule. Speaking of schedules, the mare happened to be in need for help, so once Longwing proposed his own, the mare did nothing but warmly smile at him in a thank you aim. "Yes, helping me out on schedules would be very nice of you, thank you very much my friend." However a severe headache hit the mare once again, making her grunt in pain and place a hoof on her forehead. "Goodness, I hate not to be up for fulfilling my duties..."

16 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It'll stop breaking when it stops stealing my bits."

As her headache eased up on her a bit, the mare raised an unamused eyebrow at Arrow.

"Or perhaps it'll stop breaking if I make you pay for its repair fees."

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So... you wouldn't be surprised if someone came in here and bit you?"

Being bitten by a random pony is surprising to Somnus.

"Not really." Ruby stated "I'd be more surprised by the fact that they came in in the first place." "I would punch them to face or bite back for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised." now that she thought about it, it could be fun to punch someone. 

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Not really." Ruby stated "I'd be more surprised by the fact that they came in in the first place." "I would punch them to face or bite back for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised." now that she thought about it, it could be fun to punch someone. 

"Or you would eat them."

That was something Somnus saw as a possible outcome.

--------------------------------------------------

7 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

In reaction to this, Rose smiled to Stumpy and started to gently pat his head, then continue by stroking his body.

"Well aren't you cute~"

Stumpy would just lay there enjoying the attention.

7 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

As her headache eased up on her a bit, the mare raised an unamused eyebrow at Arrow.

"Why not make Ruby pay f- no, Somnus would probably pay the fees for her."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Or you would eat them."

"Only if I was in my real form already, thought then they would only break their teeth trying to bite me anyways." Ruby replied, her tone sounding like she was talking about something totally ordinary that everyone did on daily basis

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Only if I was in my real form already, thought then they would only break their teeth trying to bite me anyways." Ruby replied, her tone sounding like she was talking about something totally ordinary that everyone did on daily basis

"That would make sense."

Suddenly the guy Somnus threw a lunch tray at the previous day walked in and bit him.

"That's for owning a hamster!"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That would make sense."

Suddenly the guy Somnus threw a lunch tray at the previous day walked in and bit him.

"That's for owning a hamster!"

Ruby punched the pony to his face "That's for existing and breaking in our cabin you creep." Even Calti hissed even though she seemed to still be sleeping tight, obviously the creep part was to add some kind of insult, Ruby didn't get bothered by the types that ponies called creeps.

15 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby punched the pony to his face "That's for existing and breaking in our cabin you creep." Even Calti hissed even though she seemed to still be sleeping tight, obviously the creep part was to add some kind of insult, Ruby didn't get bothered by the types that ponies called creeps.

The punch stunned him for a second, but after that, he said something.

"You think I'm afraid of you Ruby? Just because you're a dragon does not m-"

Somnus took a nearby skillet and whacked the guy in the head. He ran off.

"He has a fear of kitchen appliences."

17 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

In reaction to Longwing's playful voice tone, the mare hid a chuckle behind her hoof. "Such a cute way to speak, Longwing. Anyway I'm glad the schedule I've planned for you suits you fine. It's settled then." She let out a small smile as she grabbed her pen to check in Longwing's schedule. Speaking of schedules, the mare happened to be in need for help, so once Longwing proposed his own, the mare did nothing but warmly smile at him in a thank you aim. "Yes, helping me out on schedules would be very nice of you, thank you very much my friend." However a severe headache hit the mare once again, making her grunt in pain and place a hoof on her forehead. "Goodness, I hate not to be up for fulfilling my duties..."

Auran Smiled slightly at the notion of making her happy and taking stress away from his friend. He nodded to her and replied, "Anything to help a friend in need." He walks over and takes a blank schedule, takes a pen and starts to write down a couple of well thought out and planned schedules for his friend. He made sure the lunch times were perfectly fitted to each of the Guard's known preferances and made even more careful planning on where they should be positioned throughout their patrol. He then looked at the sheet and said to Rose, "Well, Cap. I believe if you're 90% at work, then everything else will also get your 90%. Friends, Family, Relationships. Letting ponies, and things that matter not have your best. Well, it kinda makes life a lot harder. So, if you need some time away to get well and continue to give your 100, then you won't hear any objections from me." He smiles at her kindly as he hands her the now complete schedule for the Patrol.

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Or you would eat them."

--------------------------------------------------

Stumpy would just lay there enjoying the attention.

"Why not make Ruby pay f- no, Somnus would probably pay the fees for her."

Longwing nodded to his statement, "Well, you know that's true. Somnus is a softie for Ruby. Ah, all stallions have their weaknesses. Besides me. I'm Auran Longwing,'Champion of The Sky' So. Yeah." He let out a slight gruff of laughter at the end.

14 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The punch stunned him for a second, but after that, he said something.

"You think I'm afraid of you Ruby? Just because you're a dragon does not m-"

Somnus took a nearby skillet and whacked the guy in the head. He ran off.

"He has a fear of kitchen appliences."

"I don't understand why he thought I'm trying to scare him." Ruby muttered "Since when attacking has been the same thing as a threat?" "Besides, I could tell he was lying, why doesn't anybody remember that I can smell fear."

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't understand why he thought I'm trying to scare him." Ruby muttered "Since when attacking has been the same thing as a threat?" "Besides, I could tell he was lying, why doesn't anybody remember that I can smell fear."

"All I know is that he is always picking fights that he can't win. Honestly, I'm not even sure why he was never kicked from the guards yet."

55 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"All I know is that he is always picking fights that he can't win. Honestly, I'm not even sure why he was never kicked from the guards yet."

"Because he only talks but never does anything." Ruby guessed "Insults and acting tough aren't against the rules of the guard." "Though reporting him for break in and assault could get something done."

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Because he only talks but never does anything." Ruby guessed "Insults and acting tough aren't against the rules of the guard." "Though reporting him for break in and assault could get something done."

"It's only a matter of time before he messes with the wrong guy and ends up dead or something. Honestly, it would be his own fault."

"Lucky for him, you're not in your dragon form."

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It's only a matter of time before he messes with the wrong guy and ends up dead or something. Honestly, it would be his own fault."

"Lucky for him, you're not in your dragon form."

"Lucky for him he didn't stay longer." Ruby corrected "I may be limited in this form but I'm not useless, I can do some damage." "Though I have to ask why you didn't lock the door when we got in?" that was the only explanation how the pony had got in so easily.

11 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Lucky for him he didn't stay longer." Ruby corrected "I may be limited in this form but I'm not useless, I can do some damage." "Though I have to ask why you didn't lock the door when we got in?" that was the only explanation how the pony had got in so easily.

"I didn't think he would be here."

Somnus added something else.

"Besides, it's not like you would lock the door either."

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I didn't think he would be here."

Somnus added something else.

"Besides, it's not like you would lock the door either."

"That's only because I don't care about modesty." Ruby stated "But me not doing something doesn't mean I can't complain about it." as she said it, almost humorous smile visited her face for a second..

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's only because I don't care about modesty." Ruby stated "But me not doing something doesn't mean I can't complain about it." as she said it, almost humorous smile visited her face for a second..

"Well, that is pretty clear."

Somnus had a curious look.

"So, are you able to choose what you look like in pony form or is that the only look you can do?"

6 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, that is pretty clear."

Somnus had a curious look.

"So, are you able to choose what you look like in pony form or is that the only look you can do?"

"Both." Ruby said "I can't change the look on a whim like changelings can, and I am limited to Earth pony because I can't create unicorn or pegasus magic." "But if there ever came the need, I could recreate my appearance, but that takes time and effort, and magic."