Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Both." Ruby said "I can't change the look on a whim like changelings can, and I am limited to Earth pony because I can't create unicorn or pegasus magic." "But if there ever came the need, I could recreate my appearance, but that takes time and effort, and magic."

"Doesn't sound very useful. At least it's not as useless as eating a crayon."

"You know how ponies think guards eat crayons? That's because of me. A long time ago when crayons were first created, I thought they were some kind of fruit flavored food. I didn't figure out they weren't food until I finished the whole box."

Somnus then showed Ruby a newspaper that had an article about Somnus eating the crayons.

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Doesn't sound very useful. At least it's not as useless as eating a crayon."

"You know how ponies think guards eat crayons? That's because of me. A long time ago when crayons were first created, I thought they were some kind of fruit flavored food. I didn't figure out they weren't food until I finished the whole box."

Somnus then showed Ruby a newspaper that had an article about Somnus eating the crayons.

"Well, we are not changelings, shape-sifting isn't on our skill set." Ruby pointed out "And it has been very useful actually."

She just blinked at Somnus's crayon story "That would be amusing if it wasn't so stupid." "I find the fact that they didn't have anything more important to write as news more amusing."

4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, we are not changelings, shape-sifting isn't on our skill set." Ruby pointed out "And it has been very useful actually."

She just blinked at Somnus's crayon story "That would be amusing if it wasn't so stupid." "I find the fact that they didn't have anything more important to write as news more amusing."

"Anyway, we typically don't eat crayons, but some guards tend to write their reports in crayon, which really annoys the Captain."

Somnus grabbed what looked like candy from a bowl and tried to eat it only to spit it out. Turns out it was soap.

"What kind cruise puts a bowl of tiny pieces of soap in the cabins?"

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Anyway, we typically don't eat crayons, but some guards tend to write their reports in crayon, which really annoys the Captain."

Somnus grabbed what looked like candy from a bowl and tried to eat it only to spit it out. Turns out it was soap.

"What kind cruise puts a bowl of tiny pieces of soap in the cabins?"

Ruby just blinked at Somnus again "This cruise?" she suggested "Are you really saying you can't smell that they're soap?" she looked thoughtful "How ever have you survived this long with so limited senses."

10 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just blinked at Somnus again "This cruise?" she suggested "Are you really saying you can't smell that they're soap?" she looked thoughtful "How ever have you survived this long with so limited senses."

"It's that stupid fancy soap. It smells like food, but it tastes horrible. Seriously, what kind of idiot decided to make soap smell like food?"

"Besides, you would try to eat it if the soap were to smell like meat."

16 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It's that stupid fancy soap. It smells like food, but it tastes horrible. Seriously, what kind of idiot decided to make soap smell like food?"

"Besides, you would try to eat it if the soap were to smell like meat."

"It clearly smells like soap, nothing even close to any of your foods." Ruby argued "And I wouldn't because I know what meat is, there's lot more than just the smell." "For example, it's soft and squishy, soap is hard and get's slippery when wet."

20 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It clearly smells like soap, nothing even close to any of your foods." Ruby argued "And I wouldn't because I know what meat is, there's lot more than just the smell." "For example, it's soft and squishy, soap is hard and get's slippery when wet."

"You can never trust soap. It's almost as evil as scented candles."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

8 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You can never trust soap. It's almost as evil as scented candles."

Ruby looked unimpressed "And I'm the one getting called paranoid, you're pony who doesn't trust pony inventions." she looked baffled "I don't know if I should be impressed that you have managed it so long with that lack of brain, or worried that your long age is rotting your brain."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby looked unimpressed "And I'm the one getting called paranoid, you're pony who doesn't trust pony inventions." she looked baffled "I don't know if I should be impressed that you have managed it so long with that lack of brain, or worried that your long age is rotting your brain."

"In my defense, education back when I was younger was not like it is now. You had to be of high status to get any sort of education. Now,I don't have the time to go and get a GED or something like that since I'm a guard. My knowledge lies in combat, it was all I knew from day one."

In days of waiting, walking firmly and quietly in the royal hallway the stallion still awaits for orders from his superiors, he went to the library to kill time and he even eat three times a day to be patience in other times he meditates in the Royal Garden, such a very patience pony just receive orders from his superiors but his stubbornness of waiting will have consequences within his frail body...

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"In my defense, education back when I was younger was not like it is now. You had to be of high status to get any sort of education. Now,I don't have the time to go and get a GED or something like that since I'm a guard. My knowledge lies in combat, it was all I knew from day one."

"I have had no education so that's hardly a defense" Ruby pointed out "I just read bunch of books about how your system works and everything else is experience and common sense." "Though I admit that you do have worse senses and are generally less intelligent so I can't really compare you to myself"

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I have had no education so that's hardly a defense" Ruby pointed out "I just read bunch of books about how your system works and everything else is experience and common sense." "Though I admit that you do have worse senses and are generally less intelligent so I can't really compare you to myself"

"How were you even able to read during that time?"

It seemed like a valid question to him. If his language wasn't her language, how could she read Equestrian books?

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"How were you even able to read during that time?"

It seemed like a valid question to him. If his language wasn't her language, how could she read Equestrian books?

"Someone had translated our alphabet to yours in one of the books." Ruby explained "And after learning the basics it was pretty quick to learn the rest." "And for things that I weren't familiar with and didn't have words for in our language, that I learned during the time here."

38 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Someone had translated our alphabet to yours in one of the books." Ruby explained "And after learning the basics it was pretty quick to learn the rest." "And for things that I weren't familiar with and didn't have words for in our language, that I learned during the time here."

"A pony already knew your language? That must have been hard to find out. I doubt any dragons simply told him."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"A pony already knew your language? That must have been hard to find out. I doubt any dragons simply told him."

"Well, it's not certain that it was a pony." Ruby pointed out "But whoever it was had left long time ago since there wasn't any scent left of them." "And it also could be that whoever wrote the book just found the information from somewhere and wrote it into the book."

14 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Well, it's not certain that it was a pony." Ruby pointed out "But whoever it was had left long time ago since there wasn't any scent left of them." "And it also could be that whoever wrote the book just found the information from somewhere and wrote it into the book."

"True. For all we know, they could be dead after many years..."

"...Well, maybe. I've been alive since the early medival era, so I guess there is always the possibility of them still living."

Fluffball looked at Somnus.

"She is not interested in why I am immortal. Fine, I'll tell her if it will make you stop asking."

Somnus thought for a moment as if trying to recall the event.

"Basically I came across this thing called the 'Well of Immortallity."

"It was originally called the 'Fountain of Immortality' but they had to change the name because there was another immortality thing that already had the word fountain in the name and they sent them a cease and desist order."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"True. For all we know, they could be dead after many years..."

"...Well, maybe. I've been alive since the early medival era, so I guess there is always the possibility of them still living."

Fluffball looked at Somnus.

"She is not interested in why I am immortal. Fine, I'll tell her if it will make you stop asking."

Somnus thought for a moment as if trying to recall the event.

"Basically I came across this thing called the 'Well of Immortallity."

"It was originally called the 'Fountain of Immortality' but they had to change the name because there was another immortality thing that already had the word fountain in the name and they sent them a cease and desist order."

Ruby didn't really care but commented anyways "Well that makes a spell? Since you told me that it was some kind of spell when we talked about your Immortality and love live." "You said that the spell makes the one loving you immortal too."   

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't really care but commented anyways "Well that makes a spell? Since you told me that it was some kind of spell when we talked about your Immortality and love live." "You said that the spell makes the one loving you immortal too."   

"I'm not really sure what else to call it. It's obviously magic, so I call It a spell."

"As for making loved ones immortal, it has to be a mutual love. Of course they could also choose to not be immortal, which I fear more than anything else. Very few know how it is to have to live with such a fear. The one thing I don't understand is why anyone would want to die one day. They say that there are things worse than death, but I consider that to be false. Problems while living do not last forever, death does and therefore there is no fate that could ever be worse than death."

8 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm not really sure what else to call it. It's obviously magic, so I call It a spell."

"As for making loved ones immortal, it has to be a mutual love. Of course they could also choose to not be immortal, which I fear more than anything else. Very few know how it is to have to live with such a fear. The one thing I don't understand is why anyone would want to die one day. They say that there are things worse than death, but I consider that to be false. Problems while living do not last forever, death does and therefore there is no fate that could ever be worse than death."

" I know several reason why someone wouldn't want to live forever." Ruby mentioned" "Outliving everything, having done everything, limits of memory, doing things losing their worth due having no time limit, losing the wonder and shock from experiencing new things due you having already seen quite a lot, good or bad..." "Then there's the believe in afterlife and other personal reasons." None of the examples really matter to Ruby, but that didn't mean she didn't regonize their existence. 

4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

" I know several reason why someone wouldn't want to live forever." Ruby mentioned" "Outliving everything, having done everything, limits of memory, doing things losing their worth due having no time limit, losing the wonder and shock from experiencing new things due you having already seen quite a lot, good or bad..." "Then there's the believe in afterlife and other personal reasons." None of the examples really matter to Ruby, but that didn't mean she didn't regonize their existence. 

"Outliving others does happen, but it's accecptable as long as it isn't someone I REALLY care about. I keep finding new things all the time, partly because new things are created over time. Then there is the fact that the spell removes any limits on memory."

He didn't really see the problem since he never ran into any issues.

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Outliving others does happen, but it's accecptable as long as it isn't someone I REALLY care about. I keep finding new things all the time, partly because new things are created over time. Then there is the fact that the spell removes any limits on memory."

He didn't really see the problem since he never ran into any issues.

"That's you" Ruby simply said "But you can't assume everyone else is like that." "Some may be hurt lot more by loss of neighbor they once met that other is by losing family member." "Everyone won't enjoy new things that are created, I'm good example, I still don't enjoy most of pony entertainment." "And not everyone is comfortable with idea of having more memories than your brain is meant for." she then suddenly exhaled amused "How amusing that this day came to pass, I, a dragon, am talking to a pony about not being selfish." she laughed "There really is something wrong with my head." 

33 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's you" Ruby simply said "But you can't assume everyone else is like that." "Some may be hurt lot more by loss of neighbor they once met that other is by losing family member." "Everyone won't enjoy new things that are created, I'm good example, I still don't enjoy most of pony entertainment." "And not everyone is comfortable with idea of having more memories than your brain is meant for." she then suddenly exhaled amused "How amusing that this day came to pass, I, a dragon, am talking to a pony about not being selfish." she laughed "There really is something wrong with my head." 

"Selfish? There's nothing selfish about fearing something. Especially when you have reason to fear it. It's just as false as me calling you selfish for wanting me to help you out of that hole."

"Besides, the reason I became immortal was so that no one would have to lose me, so I knew the risks going into this."

59 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Selfish? There's nothing selfish about fearing something. Especially when you have reason to fear it. It's just as false as me calling you selfish for wanting me to help you out of that hole."

"Besides, the reason I became immortal was so that no one would have to lose me, so I knew the risks going into this."

"I wasn't talking about that." Ruby just calmly pointed out "What is selfish, is to think that because you don't have problems with something, everyone else is weird for having a problem with it." "It's selfish to think that because you decided to become immortal, others should too just because you don't want to lose them." "Being selfish isn't black and white, it isn't that you're selfish or you're not, you can be selfish on some things, and not to be on others." she smirked "I would know, being part of species considered to be one of if not the most selfish creatures."

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I wasn't talking about that." Ruby just calmly pointed out "What is selfish, is to think that because you don't have problems with something, everyone else is weird for having a problem with it." "It's selfish to think that because you decided to become immortal, others should too just because you don't want to lose them." "Being selfish isn't black and white, it isn't that you're selfish or you're not, you can be selfish on some things, and not to be on others." she smirked "I would know, being part of species considered to be one of if not the most selfish creatures."

"Either side could be called selfish, it simply depends on how you look at it."

"There is one question though. If someone of such importance is gone, do I keep living or do I go with them?"

"Then there is the whole issue with others who might miss me."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Either side could be called selfish, it simply depends on how you look at it."

"There is one question though. If someone of such importance is gone, do I keep living or do I go with them?"

"Then there is the whole issue with others who might miss me."

"But the side that requires more is more selfish." Ruby commented "And what you do in that situation, is your problem. You should have thought that before becoming immortal, it was a choice you made, and it's your job to carry the consequences." "And how can anyone miss you if you don't let anyone close because they don't want to be immortal?" "But regardless, loss is natural part of life, it happens, has always happened, and will always happen." "But if you really worry about that so much, why are you a guard? You worry about ponies missing you, yet you work in the most dangerous and deadly job you ponies have available."