Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"But the side that requires more is more selfish." Ruby commented "And what you do in that situation, is your problem. You should have thought that before becoming immortal, it was a choice you made, and it's your job to carry the consequences." "And how can anyone miss you if you don't let anyone close because they don't want to be immortal?" "But regardless, loss is natural part of life, it happens, has always happened, and will always happen." "But if you really worry about that so much, why are you a guard? You worry about ponies missing you, yet you work in the most dangerous and deadly job you ponies have available."

"I already told you, I knew the consequences... I just didn't know I wasn't ready for them. Besides, I push no one away. I'd probably be with someone if they had a super long lifespan. Which is NOT the reason why I like you by the way."

"I'm not sure why I still decide to be guard. Maybe because it's all I really know."

As he realized just how bad the problems wity immortality could be, Somnus started to look very distressed.

"What have I done..."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I already told you, I knew the consequences... I just didn't know I wasn't ready for them. Besides, I push no one away. I'd probably be with someone if they had a super long lifespan. Which is NOT the reason why I like you by the way."

"I'm not sure why I still decide to be guard. Maybe because it's all I really know."

As he realized just how bad the problems wity immortality could be, Somnus started to look very distressed.

"What have I done..."

Ruby didn't answer, she could have said something among the lines of 'truth hurts', but she didn't have any reason to rub it in, since Somnus hadn't done anything wrong. But when he went to what seemed like a distress, Ruby found something inside her hurting, she didn't really know what it was, but she was able to figure out it had to do with the fact that she felt bad for seeing Somnus like that.  

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't answer, she could have said something among the lines of 'truth hurts', but she didn't have any reason to rub it in, since Somnus hadn't done anything wrong. But when he went to what seemed like a distress, Ruby found something inside her hurting, she didn't really know what it was, but she was able to figure out it had to do with the fact that she felt bad for seeing Somnus like that.  

"What am I supposed to do now?"

He had no idea what to do. His distress only got worse.

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"What am I supposed to do now?"

He had no idea what to do. His distress only got worse.

Ruby had no idea how one would comfort a pony, so she didn't even bother trying and tried to use sense instead "First thing would be to calm down, any decision made in your current state will be bound to be a terrible one." her tone was calm, but she was mad for herself to not coming up with something, she didn't know why she was mad about it, but she was just was. She started thinking ways that she had seen ponies to comfort each other....

48 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby had no idea how one would comfort a pony, so she didn't even bother trying and tried to use sense instead "First thing would be to calm down, any decision made in your current state will be bound to be a terrible one." her tone was calm, but she was mad for herself to not coming up with something, she didn't know why she was mad about it, but she was just was. She started thinking ways that she had seen ponies to comfort each other....

"Calm down? I can't calm down. I'm stuck in a never ending cycle of loss."

"Why did I do this to myself?"

"Calm down? I can't calm down. I'm stuck in a never ending cycle of loss."

"Why did do this to myself?"

Normally Ruby would have questioned at this point how he only realized it now, after over thousand years of living, but she wasn't feeling normal at the moment. It took some moments, but eventually Ruby figured out something that didn't require soft words and empty promises, and simply hugged Somnus, and though the hug was surprisingly caring, it was clear this wasn't something she usually did, due her struggling with the position for a second.  

12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Normally Ruby would have questioned at this point how he only realized it now, after over thousand years of living, but she wasn't feeling normal at the moment. It took some moments, but eventually Ruby figured out something that didn't require soft words and empty promises, and simply hugged Somnus, and though the hug was surprisingly caring, it was clear this wasn't something she usually did, due her struggling with the position for a second.  

This calmed Somnus down, but he still knew what situation he was in.

"So many ponies that I know will be gone in a matter of years, I'll never be able to see them again."

Somnus didn't say much about Ruby since she has a longer lifespan than ponies. He still knew that she may not last forever either, but he wasn't quite sure.

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

This calmed Somnus down, but he still knew what situation he was in.

"So many ponies that I know will be gone in a matter of years, I'll never be able to see them again."

Somnus didn't say much about Ruby since she has a longer lifespan than ponies. He still knew that she may not last forever either, but he wasn't quite sure.

Ruby yet again stayed quiet, and just held on the hug, there was no point in trying to say anything, since she knew herself well enough to know that it wouldn't help anyone if she tried to come up with kind words. 

25 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby yet again stayed quiet, and just held on the hug, there was no point in trying to say anything, since she knew herself well enough to know that it wouldn't help anyone if she tried to come up with kind words. 

Somnus hugged back, he clearly needed it. He finally started to feel a bit better.

"And just yesterday you thought you couldn't be nice."

21 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus hugged back, he clearly needed it. He finally started to feel a bit better.

"And just yesterday you thought you couldn't be nice."

"I'm not, you just think I am because I kept my mouth shut." Ruby claimed, though there was a clear hint of humor in her tone, she decided to keep the new pain that had appeared, and was now disappearing, to herself for now, because she had a guess what it could be related to, and she didn't want Somnus to know it yet, because he could use it against her. 

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'm not, you just think I am because I kept my mouth shut." Ruby claimed, though there was a clear hint of humor in her tone, she decided to keep the new pain that had appeared, and was now disappearing, to herself for now, because she had a guess what it could be related to, and she didn't want Somnus to know it yet, because he could use it against her. 

Although he was aware of the problem he was facing, he decided to get his mind off it for now.

"So earlier you said one you ways to get money was working. Where did you work?"

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Although he was aware of the problem he was facing, he decided to get his mind off it for now.

"So earlier you said one you ways to get money was working. Where did you work?"

Ruby was bit surprised by the sudden change of topic, but didn't really show it "Nowhere in particular." she replied "I did all kind of jobs to all kind of ponies, they rarely lasted longer than a week, if even that." "But it wasn't because I was bad or anything, I just took temporary hires."

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby was bit surprised by the sudden change of topic, but didn't really show it "Nowhere in particular." she replied "I did all kind of jobs to all kind of ponies, they rarely lasted longer than a week, if even that." "But it wasn't because I was bad or anything, I just took temporary hires."

The reason Somnus changed the topic was because there was no real solution at that moment. There was really was nothing to be said. The problem still bothered him though.

"I'm surprised you didn't do something like bounty hunting or mercenary work. Why didn't you go for a job that would allow you to be a bit more violent? Isn't that your thing?"

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The reason Somnus changed the topic was because there was no real solution at that moment. There was really was nothing to be said. The problem still bothered him though.

"I'm surprised you didn't do something like bounty hunting or mercenary work. Why didn't you go for a job that would allow you to be a bit more violent? Isn't that your thing?"

"I did few of those too." Ruby replied "But I was pretty limited since I had to stay in this form most of the time, so I decided to stop those before I would get myself into actual danger." "That and the rewards didn't really impress...sure it was because I hadn't made a name for myself yet, but I didn't see it to be worth the effort."

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I did few of those too." Ruby replied "But I was pretty limited since I had to stay in this form most of the time, so I decided to stop those before I would get myself into actual danger." "That and the rewards didn't really impress...sure it was because I hadn't made a name for myself yet, but I didn't see it to be worth the effort."

"Yea, not being able to use your full abilities would make things difficult."

"Living for 1500 years has one good advantage. Things that were useless back in the day are worth a lot just because of how old they are. And of course, having lived back then, I have a lot of that."

Somnus continued.

"I could retire if wanted to, but I like being a guard. Some of the stuff like armor or weapons I used a long time ago, I keep that stuff. They are all in display cases in my basement."

"Living for 1500 years has one good advantage. Things that were useless back in the day are worth a lot just because of how old they are. And of course, having lived back then, I have a lot of that."

Somnus continued.

"I could retire if wanted to, but I like being a guard. Some of the stuff like armor or weapons I used a long time ago, I keep that stuff. They are all in display cases in my basement."

"That's something I never understood about ponies." Ruby commented "What is so fascinating about old stuff that you pay ridiculous amounts of gold for it." "I'm all for collecting things you like to look at, but to pay for them...it's just weird."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's something I never understood about ponies." Ruby commented "What is so fascinating about old stuff that you pay ridiculous amounts of gold for it." "I'm all for collecting things you like to look at, but to pay for them...it's just weird."

"I've never understood this either. A bit from a long time ago is worth a whole lot of bits now."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I've never understood this either. A bit from a long time ago is worth a whole lot of bits now."

"So we do agree on something then." Ruby said and looked thoughtful for a second "I guess it could have something to do with the rarity, since you give a price to gems too based on that." "And though I still don't agree with the whole paying thing, I can understand why you would want something rare."

On 12/7/2018 at 2:06 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Stumpy would just lay there enjoying the attention.

Soon after, the military mare got off the bed, trying to stand again, and this time with success.

On 12/7/2018 at 2:06 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Why not make Ruby pay f- no, Somnus would probably pay the fees for her."

On 12/8/2018 at 12:15 AM, Aurora Lights said:

Auran Smiled slightly at the notion of making her happy and taking stress away from his friend. He nodded to her and replied, "Anything to help a friend in need." He walks over and takes a blank schedule, takes a pen and starts to write down a couple of well thought out and planned schedules for his friend. He made sure the lunch times were perfectly fitted to each of the Guard's known preferances and made even more careful planning on where they should be positioned throughout their patrol. He then looked at the sheet and said to Rose, "Well, Cap. I believe if you're 90% at work, then everything else will also get your 90%. Friends, Family, Relationships. Letting ponies, and things that matter not have your best. Well, it kinda makes life a lot harder. So, if you need some time away to get well and continue to give your 100, then you won't hear any objections from me." He smiles at her kindly as he hands her the now complete schedule for the Patrol.

Rose looked at Auran with attention while he was filling up the patrol schedules. He really was impressing her, as it seems he's as experienced as her in schedule planning. It wasn't the first time she thought about upranking him to Co-Captain of the Royal Guards, she trusted him well enough now. "Auran? I was wondering about something." She introduced with her eyes looking away from him, not letting him know right away what she had in mind for him, taking a little bit more time to think it through. He'd have a high responsability after all, just like her. Would he be psychologically ready for that? Or would he ever want to be promoted to such ranking? Auran Longwing would be the only one having the answers to these questions.

On 12/8/2018 at 12:15 AM, Aurora Lights said:

Longwing nodded to his statement, "Well, you know that's true. Somnus is a softie for Ruby. Ah, all stallions have their weaknesses. Besides me. I'm Auran Longwing,'Champion of The Sky' So. Yeah." He let out a slight gruff of laughter at the end.

"You don't have any weakness you say?" Rose asked, raising a smug eyebrow and looking at him right in the eyes in a challenging manner. "Watch your mouth, pal. You don't want to make me want to find one for you, do you?" 

7 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Soon after, the military mare got off the bed, trying to stand again, and this time with success.

Rose looked at Auran with attention while he was filling up the patrol schedules. He really was impressing her, as it seems he's as experienced as her in schedule planning. It wasn't the first time she thought about upranking him to Co-Captain of the Royal Guards, she trusted him well enough now. "Auran? I was wondering about something." She introduced with her eyes looking away from him, not letting him know right away what she had in mind for him, taking a little bit more time to think it through. He'd have a high responsability after all, just like her. Would he be psychologically ready for that? Or would he ever want to be promoted to such ranking? Auran Longwing would be the only one having the answers to these questions.

"You don't have any weakness you say?" Rose asked, raising a smug eyebrow and looking at him right in the eyes in a challenging manner. "Watch your mouth, pal. You don't want to make me want to find one for you, do you?" 

"Everyone had a weakness. Mine is clowns."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"So we do agree on something then." Ruby said and looked thoughtful for a second "I guess it could have something to do with the rarity, since you give a price to gems too based on that." "And though I still don't agree with the whole paying thing, I can understand why you would want something rare."

"I've sold a few things that were meaningless to me, but most of what I have, I refuse to sell."

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I've sold a few things that were meaningless to me, but most of what I have, I refuse to sell."

"If I still had my personal treasure I would sell all of it if it meant more treasure for me." Ruby said with a grin "Too bad I lost most of my treasure before I got here, there was lot of ancient stuff mixed in there."

7 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"If I still had my personal treasure I would sell all of it if it meant more treasure for me." Ruby said with a grin "Too bad I lost most of my treasure before I got here, there was lot of ancient stuff mixed in there."

"Well, it's clear that you love treasure. Does there happen to be a specific type that you would consider your favorite?"

2 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, it's clear that you love treasure. Does there happen to be a specific type that you would consider your favorite?"

"Not really, just that shinier the better." Ruby replied "But if I need to choose specific type, I like those that shine in several colors, or those that require very little light to shine." she looked thoughtful "But now that I think about it, I have no idea why I like shiny things, I know it's greed that I like to hoard them, but why shiny and not for example precious metals specifically."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Not really, just that shinier the better." Ruby replied "But if I need to choose specific type, I like those that shine in several colors, or those that require very little light to shine." she looked thoughtful "But now that I think about it, I have no idea why I like shiny things, I know it's greed that I like to hoard them, but why shiny and not for example precious metals specifically."

"Perhaps dragons from your homeland don't have much else. No tv shows, videogames, stage plays, newspapers, or any sort of media or entertainment. All that can be found are gems or shiny things. Similar to how prisoners in a prison have very little, which results in things like candy or packets of soup being worth a lot to them. There's simply nothing else to enjoy in such a cruel place."

This was just speculation, but Somnus saw this as one possibility.

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Perhaps dragons from your homeland don't have much else. No tv shows, videogames, stage plays, newspapers, or any sort of media or entertainment. All that can be found are gems or shiny things. Similar to how prisoners in a prison have very little, which results in things like candy or packets of soup being worth a lot to them. There's simply nothing else to enjoy in such a cruel place."

This was just speculation, but Somnus saw this as one possibility.

"There's just a few holes in your theory." Ruby said almost politely "Firstly, even the Equestrian type like shinies, and they have other things to do, like lava swimming or whatever" "And second, I wasn't kidding when I said I have liked treasure since my first breath, it's not just a though, it's a feeling, a need, like hunger or thirst." she shrugged "Besides, we had plenty of precious metals and not at all things like mirrors, yet I feel the same towards mirrors as i do with metals."