Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

19 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"There's just a few holes in your theory." Ruby said almost politely "Firstly, even the Equestrian type like shinies, and they have other things to do, like lava swimming or whatever" "And second, I wasn't kidding when I said I have liked treasure since my first breath, it's not just a though, it's a feeling, a need, like hunger or thirst." she shrugged "Besides, we had plenty of precious metals and not at all things like mirrors, yet I feel the same towards mirrors as i do with metals."

"I'm not really sure what it could be. Maybe it's simply the greed. I really have no idea."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm not really sure what it could be. Maybe it's simply the greed. I really have no idea."

Ruby shrugged "Probably." "I just got curious, since there really isn't any practical reason for it." "It's quite interesting feeling when you know something is useless and worthless but you still want it"

30 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby shrugged "Probably." "I just got curious, since there really isn't any practical reason for it." "It's quite interesting feeling when you know something is useless and worthless but you still want it"

"It's kinda like the stuff I once used, but don't use anymore. Despite not needing it, I still keep it. Though, I will say my reason is different from why dragons keep gems."

41 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It's kinda like the stuff I once used, but don't use anymore. Despite not needing it, I still keep it. Though, I will say my reason is different from why dragons keep gems."

"That's different indeed, and I mean like actual worthless and useless stuff." Ruby replied "Something like broken glass." "I know it's trash and I don't really want it, but I still want it." "It's like you'd know something tastes disgusting but would still want to eat it."

50 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's different indeed, and I mean like actual worthless and useless stuff." Ruby replied "Something like broken glass." "I know it's trash and I don't really want it, but I still want it." "It's like you'd know something tastes disgusting but would still want to eat it."

"So basically alcoholic beverages that ponies drink at parties?"

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So basically alcoholic beverages that ponies drink at parties?"

"Basically, just remove the getting drunk part, since it seems to be satisfying end result for many of you." Ruby replied "Since I probably don't have to tell you that owning a piece of broken glass isn't really that satisfying."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Basically, just remove the getting drunk part, since it seems to be satisfying end result for many of you." Ruby replied "Since I probably don't have to tell you that owning a piece of broken glass isn't really that satisfying."

"True, broken glass isn't that great. Especially when you eat it, I should know. Honestly, I have no idea why I end up mistaking non-food for food. I'm surprised I'm still alive."

2 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"True, broken glass isn't that great. Especially when you eat it, I should know. Honestly, I have no idea why I end up mistaking non-food for food. I'm surprised I'm still alive."

"I have been wondering that for a while now..." Ruby commented, clearly unfazed by Somnus's confessions anymore "....are you sure you aren't just losing brain cells due your age? Because I still have hard time believing that you have survived millennium with this amount of lack of intelligence "

36 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I have been wondering that for a while now..." Ruby commented, clearly unfazed by Somnus's confessions anymore "....are you sure you aren't just losing brain cells due your age? Because I still have hard time believing that you have survived millennium with this amount of lack of intelligence "

"I've gone to see a doctor about that not too long ago. My brain cells are fine."

Somnus thought for a moment.

"Well, there was that one crazy guy who claimed to put some sort of curse that makes me mistake non-food for food, but I've always thought he was full of it. Maybe that's what happened."

"He was mad because I beat him at Checkers."

Suddenly a unicorn walked in.

"Did it really take you that long to figure it out? Seriously, how dense are you?"

"How long were you standing there?"

"About 60 seconds at least."

"Can you lift the curse now?"

"Nah."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I've gone to see a doctor about that not too long ago. My brain cells are fine."

Somnus thought for a moment.

"Well, there was that one crazy guy who claimed to put some sort of curse that makes me mistake non-food for food, but I've always thought he was full of it. Maybe that's what happened."

"He was mad because I beat him at Checkers."

Suddenly a unicorn walked in.

"Did it really take you that long to figure it out? Seriously, how dense are you?"

"How long were you standing there?"

"About 60 seconds at least."

"Can you lift the curse now?"

"Nah."

Ruby could be heard muttering something under her breath in dragonic when yet another pony walked in, from the way she said it one could figure it most likely included foul language. Without saying a word, she got up and kicked the unicorn to the face. 

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby could be heard muttering something under her breath in dragonic when yet another pony walked in, from the way she said it one could figure it most likely included foul language. Without saying a word, she got up and kicked the unicorn to the face. 

"Ok, that hurt. How about this? I'll lift the curse for 50 bits."

"You really are not in a strong position for negotiation."

"50 bits."

"I am not paying 50 bits just because you lost at checkers."

"Ok, that hurt. How about this? I'll lift the curse for 50 bits."

"You really are not in a strong position for negotiation."

"50 bits."

"I am not paying 50 bits just because you lost at checkers."

"Or you lift the curse and don't get arrested for use of illegal magic?" Ruby calmly stated "I'm also sure that considering the risks of eating non-foods, something regarding putting other pony, a guard none the less, into mortal danger can also be added." She didn't really care for laws, but she needed Somnus, so if she could lessen his risk of dying, it would be good. "Or I could always throw you over board and plead to self-defense." It was clearly a threat, considering they were high in the sky and he was an unicorn.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

16 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Or you lift the curse and don't get arrested for use of illegal magic?" Ruby calmly stated "I'm also sure that considering the risks of eating non-foods, something regarding putting other pony, a guard none the less, into mortal danger can also be added." She didn't really care for laws, but she needed Somnus, so if she could lessen his risk of dying, it would be good. "Or I could always throw you over board and plead to self-defense." It was clearly a threat, considering they were high in the sky and he was an unicorn.

"Fine."

His horn glowed for a second and stopped.

"There, the curse is lifted, but I refuse to leave this cabin until I get 50 bits."

Somnus looked over at Ruby.

"Are you seeing this?"

"Fine."

His horn glowed for a second and stopped.

"There, the curse is lifted, but I refuse to leave this cabin until I get 50 bits."

Somnus looked over at Ruby.

"Are you seeing this?"

"Unfortunately yes." Ruby replied, she started to get annoyed by this pony, and wanted to get rid of him, but she didn't want transform for several reasons...then she had an idea. She started going through her saddlebag like searching for something "But..." she smiled satisfied, pulling out a big kitchen knife and holding it in her mouth while eyeing the unicorn "...maybe I could use this one to....fill my food supply." she stared at the unicorn like an insane pony, smiling a freaky smile with knife in her mouth. Her tone also sounded like she had lost her mind.

This of course was all just an act, but there really wasn't any way to tell that it was, because even if the pony wouldn't believe it right away, Ruby wasn't scared of actually poking him with the knife if it was required.

20 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Unfortunately yes." Ruby replied, she started to get annoyed by this pony, and wanted to get rid of him, but she didn't want transform for several reasons...then she had an idea. She started going through her saddlebag like searching for something "But..." she smiled satisfied, pulling out a big kitchen knife and holding it in her mouth while eyeing the unicorn "...maybe I could use this one to....fill my food supply." she stared at the unicorn like an insane pony, smiling a freaky smile with knife in her mouth. Her tone also sounded like she had lost her mind.

This of course was all just an act, but there really wasn't any way to tell that it was, because even if the pony wouldn't believe it right away, Ruby wasn't scared of actually poking him with the knife if it was required.

The unicorn backed away out the door and accidently went over the railing and off the ship. Some sort of spell could be heard. He probably teleported before hitting the ground.

"Out of all my years of living and all the ponies I've met, that has got to be the stupidest pony I've ever seen."

49 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The unicorn backed away out the door and accidently went over the railing and off the ship. Some sort of spell could be heard. He probably teleported before hitting the ground.

"Out of all my years of living and all the ponies I've met, that has got to be the stupidest pony I've ever seen."

immediately after the unicorn was gone from sight, Ruby turned to her usual deadpan expression and dropped the knife from her mouth "Scared ponies do stupid things." she said as she walked to lock the door of the cabin, double checking that it would stay closed "Until you're talking about something else than he walking off the ship, in which case I politely disagree." she took the knife from the ground and put it back into her saddlebag.

21 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

immediately after the unicorn was gone from sight, Ruby turned to her usual deadpan expression and dropped the knife from her mouth "Scared ponies do stupid things." she said as she walked to lock the door of the cabin, double checking that it would stay closed "Until you're talking about something else than he walking off the ship, in which case I politely disagree." she took the knife from the ground and put it back into her saddlebag.

"He put a curse on me over a game of checkers. How is that not stupid?"

"He put a curse on me over a game of checkers. How is that not stupid?"

"It's stupid, but it's not the most stupid thing out there, and wanting to curse someone for small thing doesn't mean you as a creature are stupid, even though the action itself is stupid." Ruby explained 

6 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It's stupid, but it's not the most stupid thing out there, and wanting to curse someone for small thing doesn't mean you as a creature are stupid, even though the action itself is stupid." Ruby explained 

"Name one pony more stupid than him."

Was his argument valid? Probably not.

48 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Name one pony more stupid than him."

Was his argument valid? Probably not.

"This one stallion who though it to be a good idea to try blackmail a dragon." Ruby simply stated "And that changeling that tried to rob the treasury." "Also all of those guards who kept poking me after coming to conclusion that they can't harm me." "The list goes on."

20 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"This one stallion who though it to be a good idea to try blackmail a dragon." Ruby simply stated "And that changeling that tried to rob the treasury." "Also all of those guards who kept poking me after coming to conclusion that they can't harm me." "The list goes on."

"Poked by a bunch of guards? I must have been off that day. Arrow probably was too, considering that he never told me about it."

He got to thinking.

"Arrow can do a lot of things, but not everything. I once asked him if he can kill things by yelling at them, he said no. He then proceeded to tell me all about how that is not scientifically possible."

"But imagine if some COULD fight dragons with their voice. That would be scary."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Poked by a bunch of guards? I must have been off that day. Arrow probably was too, considering that he never told me about it."

He got to thinking.

"Arrow can do a lot of things, but not everything. I once asked him if he can kill things by yelling at them, he said no. He then proceeded to tell me all about how that is not scientifically possible."

"But imagine if some COULD fight dragons with their voice. That would be scary."

"It was the day when I was revealed." Ruby mentioned

"That would be pretty useless ability in my opinion, because if your voice was loud enough to hurt dragons, you would probably destroy yourself when using it."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It was the day when I was revealed." Ruby mentioned

"That would be pretty useless ability in my opinion, because if your voice was loud enough to hurt dragons, you would probably destroy yourself when using it."

"Weird, I thought they'd be use to dragons since there's Spike."

"So, did you eat them or something?"

"Weird, I thought they'd be use to dragons since there's Spike."

"So, did you eat them or something?"

"Didn't I already tell you about that day?" Ruby asked, but then shrugged "Yes, one or two guards may have found their fate as my food, but that was before the whole poking part." "Shortly put, guards were alarmed about me, I was angry, so they decided to fight me, their weapons were useless, and some of them didn't make it." "But even after they had seen that they couldn't even scratch me, they kept poking me with their weapons until Twilight came."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Didn't I already tell you about that day?" Ruby asked, but then shrugged "Yes, one or two guards may have found their fate as my food, but that was before the whole poking part." "Shortly put, guards were alarmed about me, I was angry, so they decided to fight me, their weapons were useless, and some of them didn't make it." "But even after they had seen that they couldn't even scratch me, they kept poking me with their weapons until Twilight came."

"So that's why the guards are afraid of you. It must also explain why the captain has a problem with you."

Somnus added something else.

"Considering that incident and the dragon that tried to kill me earlier, I'm probably going to try and convince the princesses to make enchanted weapons standard issue."