Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I can always just leave." Ruby pointed out "And if Celestia let's her to hold a party in the treasury, I refuse to take any responsibility of stolen treasure." she shrugged "That is assuming she could find anyone who would want to celebrate me of course."

"She's Pinkie, of course she c-"

Pinkie bounced away happily. It was Somnus' turn to see Santa Hooves.

"What do you want for Hearth's Warming?"

"I want a NeighStation 5, a crossbow, a-"

Somnus ripped off the guy's fake beard. His eyes widened when he realized something.

"Oh I see! Santa Hooves must be on break and you're covering for him!"

"Uh... sure."

"Well, be sure to relay my message to him."

He walked over to Ruby.

"So, what now?"

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"She's Pinkie, of course she c-"

Pinkie bounced away happily. It was Somnus' turn to see Santa Hooves.

"What do you want for Hearth's Warming?"

"I want a NeighStation 5, a crossbow, a-"

Somnus ripped off the guy's fake beard. His eyes widened when he realized something.

"Oh I see! Santa Hooves must be on break and you're covering for him!"

"Uh... sure."

"Well, be sure to relay my message to him."

He walked over to Ruby.

"So, what now?"

Ruby stayed behind like she had said, and didn't really pay attention to what was happening with Somnus other than seeing him to pull the beard, which didn't really faze her.

She shrugged at Somnus's question "You tell me, I still don't know anything I like to do that is possible on this ship."

9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby stayed behind like she had said, and didn't really pay attention to what was happening with Somnus other than seeing him to pull the beard, which didn't really faze her.

She shrugged at Somnus's question "You tell me, I still don't know anything I like to do that is possible on this ship."

"I'm not sure what to do. There's a gift shop, but I doubt there is anything interesting there. There's also a frozen yogurt store, but I'm sure you hate cold things. Maybe there's a place for spicy things around here."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm not sure what to do. There's a gift shop, but I doubt there is anything interesting there. There's also a frozen yogurt store, but I'm sure you hate cold things. Maybe there's a place for spicy things around here."

Ruby just shrugged "Like said, you make the decisions." "I really don't care what we do as long as it doesn't require being nice to someone annoying." "If I knew what I wanted to do I would tell you."

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just shrugged "Like said, you make the decisions." "I really don't care what we do as long as it doesn't require being nice to someone annoying." "If I knew what I wanted to do I would tell you."

"I'm sure I'll figure something out."

"How come ponies are afraid of you while other dragons are fine?"

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm sure I'll figure something out."

"How come ponies are afraid of you while other dragons are fine?"

"It's simple nature really." Ruby stated "It's the same reason why mice run away from cats but other cats are ready to fight." "It's not insult towards ponies, but the matter of fact is that you're prey, while other dragons are rival predators." "Sure Equestrian type nowadays eats rocks instead of meat and ponies have tools to be able to combat dragons, but the base instincts are still there." she shrugged  "Or in short, ponies realize they can't beat me, while dragons think they can."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It's simple nature really." Ruby stated "It's the same reason why mice run away from cats but other cats are ready to fight." "It's not insult towards ponies, but the matter of fact is that you're prey, while other dragons are rival predators." "Sure Equestrian type nowadays eats rocks instead of meat and ponies have tools to be able to combat dragons, but the base instincts are still there." she shrugged  "Or in short, ponies realize they can't beat me, while dragons think they can."

"Speaking of prey, do you eat or do you leave the bones? And if prey can smell like fear, do they taste like fear?"

Suddenly Lone Star showed up.

"Usually meat does not taste like fear. Maybe because humans prefer to cook it first and put stuff on it. Take for example buffalo wings. We cook it and make it really spicy. Of course I can't eat that stuff while I'm hear due to this pony form not being suited for it, but that's why I go back to my world and eat all the wings I want."

"Buffalos don't have wings."

"Their made of chicken."

"Then why do you called them buffalo wings?"

"Humans are at the top of the food chain in my world, we can call it what we want."

"Fair enough."

On 12/23/2018 at 11:40 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Speaking of prey, do you eat or do you leave the bones? And if prey can smell like fear, do they taste like fear?"

Suddenly Lone Star showed up.

"Usually meat does not taste like fear. Maybe because humans prefer to cook it first and put stuff on it. Take for example buffalo wings. We cook it and make it really spicy. Of course I can't eat that stuff while I'm hear due to this pony form not being suited for it, but that's why I go back to my world and eat all the wings I want."

"Buffalos don't have wings."

"Their made of chicken."

"Then why do you called them buffalo wings?"

"Humans are at the top of the food chain in my world, we can call it what we want."

"Fair enough."

Ruby just looked at the uninvited pony disapprovingly before looking back at Somnus and ignoring what the pony said "It' depends on the size of the prey if I eat the bones or not, and no they don't taste like fear since the smell doesn't have time or strength to go further than their skin."

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just looked at the uninvited pony disapprovingly before looking back at Somnus and ignoring what the pony said "It' depends on the size of the prey if I eat the bones or not, and no they don't taste like fear since the smell doesn't have time or strength to go further than their skin."

"How can you smell fear if fear is not a physical thing?"

Lone Star looked back at Ruby.

"What? Can't stand the sight of someone higher than you on the food chain?"

He was clearly joking, but at the same time believed it to be true. Whether or not it was true was up for debate.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

4 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"How can you smell fear if fear is not a physical thing?"

Lone Star looked back at Ruby.

"What? Can't stand the sight of someone higher than you on the food chain?"

He was clearly joking, but at the same time believed it to be true. Whether or not it was true was up for debate.

"I never said it's not physical" Ruby pointed out still ignoring the unwanted company "I said it doesn't penetrate skin." "In other word, it may stick to the skin and fur of the prey if it has time to realize what's happening, but it never reaches the meat or such, and thus it doesn't taste." she then turned toward the other pony "I can't stand ponies who interrupt me without me asking them to."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I never said it's not physical" Ruby pointed out still ignoring the unwanted company "I said it doesn't penetrate skin." "In other word, it may stick to the skin and fur of the prey if it has time to realize what's happening, but it never reaches the meat or such, and thus it doesn't taste." she then turned toward the other pony "I can't stand ponies who interrupt me without me asking them to."

"Antisocial or something?"

"Trust me, you don't want to end up like the other ponies who messed with her. She doesn't take kindly to strangers."

Lone Star simply walked off, probably so that he doesn't get into a preventable fight.

"Finally, someone who is somewhat intelligent."

Somnus continued the conversation.

"But I thought fear was an emotion. How can emotions be a physical thing?"

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Antisocial or something?"

"Trust me, you don't want to end up like the other ponies who messed with her. She doesn't take kindly to strangers."

Lone Star simply walked off, probably so that he doesn't get into a preventable fight.

"Finally, someone who is somewhat intelligent."

Somnus continued the conversation.

"But I thought fear was an emotion. How can emotions be a physical thing?"

"Emotions happen in the brain, which is physical." Ruby stated "The smell of fear isn't any different from you shaking, covering or running because of fear. Or crying because of sadness or smiling because of happiness, it's just another physical reaction to emotion like those are."  "Only difference is that you can't sense it with your limited sense of smell."

22 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Emotions happen in the brain, which is physical." Ruby stated "The smell of fear isn't any different from you shaking, covering or running because of fear. Or crying because of sadness or smiling because of happiness, it's just another physical reaction to emotion like those are."  "Only difference is that you can't sense it with your limited sense of smell."

"Can you smell other emotions or only fear?"

He had another question.

"Why are you only friendly towards me and no other pony? Surely you must have a reason for it."

"Can you smell other emotions or only fear?"

He had another question.

"Why are you only friendly towards me and no other pony? Surely you must have a reason for it."

"I don't know if I can, I don't know if they even have a smell." Ruby mentioned "Regardless, I can't recognize them because prey rarely is anything else than scared, I can only recognize fear, illness and injury." "And yes there's a reason, you're the only pony I don't despise." "I'm surprised you are surprised, since wasn't your goal to make me hate you less."

12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't know if I can, I don't know if they even have a smell." Ruby mentioned "Regardless, I can't recognize them because prey rarely is anything else than scared, I can only recognize fear, illness and injury." "And yes there's a reason, you're the only pony I don't despise." "I'm surprised you are surprised, since wasn't your goal to make me hate you less."

"I'm not surprised. Could the fear ponies have of you be the reason you hate them so much? Or is there some other reason?"

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm not surprised. Could the fear ponies have of you be the reason you hate them so much? Or is there some other reason?"

"Nah, it's only the reason why I don't even attempt to change my relationship with ponies." Ruby corrected "And I have said several of the reasons already, but I can list a few again." "You culture, your obsession with manners, respect, and other similar things, ponies who don't shut up, ponies like the several individuals we have met today, you seeing yourself being always right, the concept of good and evil...." "The list goes on"

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Nah, it's only the reason why I don't even attempt to change my relationship with ponies." Ruby corrected "And I have said several of the reasons already, but I can list a few again." "You culture, your obsession with manners, respect, and other similar things, ponies who don't shut up, ponies like the several individuals we have met today, you seeing yourself being always right, the concept of good and evil...." "The list goes on"

"It does make sense. It would be pretty difficult to get along with someone of the complete opposite. Ponies really have a shorter list when it comes to some dragons, mostly it's something about being intimidating and a dragon eating someone that one time. Whether or not that really justifies any of it... I really have no idea."

"There is one thing we are the same with though. We fear or hate what we do not understand. Some of us fight it, some run from it, and some of us try to understand it."

7 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It does make sense. It would be pretty difficult to get along with someone of the complete opposite. Ponies really have a shorter list when it comes to some dragons, mostly it's something about being intimidating and a dragon eating someone that one time. Whether or not that really justifies any of it... I really have no idea."

"There is one thing we are the same with though. We fear or hate what we do not understand. Some of us fight it, some run from it, and some of us try to understand it."

"I can't say I have ever feared something I don't understand, but I do agree that I dislike things I don't understand, because I don't see the appeal in them." Ruby commented "But I usually just ignore it until it's something I can't avoid."

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I can't say I have ever feared something I don't understand, but I do agree that I dislike things I don't understand, because I don't see the appeal in them." Ruby commented "But I usually just ignore it until it's something I can't avoid."

"Few things can be avoided forever... except spiders. Avoid those as much as you can."

18 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Few things can be avoided forever... except spiders. Avoid those as much as you can."

"You can avoid surprisingly lot when you don't come outside." Ruby pointed out "And we already talked about about your fear of spiders so I have nothing to comment on that." "I still think it's ridiculous fear to have "

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You can avoid surprisingly lot when you don't come outside." Ruby pointed out "And we already talked about about your fear of spiders so I have nothing to comment on that." "I still think it's ridiculous fear to have "

"You don't understand. They have many eyes, they are tiny, and they move really fast when you try to kill them. They are evil."

"You don't understand. They have many eyes, they are tiny, and they move really fast when you try to kill them. They are evil."

"Why do you try to kill them?" Ruby asked "They are just trying to catch insects to eat, and you, a creature countless times bigger than them want to kill them only because they exist." "What would you feel like if a giant creature would come destroy your home and try to kill you?"

17 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Why do you try to kill them?" Ruby asked "They are just trying to catch insects to eat, and you, a creature countless times bigger than them want to kill them only because they exist." "What would you feel like if a giant creature would come destroy your home and try to kill you?"

"Well, why did you try to eat ponies? They are just trying to be functioning members of society."

This was another one of his points.

"Trust me, I'm a step ahead of you in this one. Besides, spiders aren't even sapient. Neither are flies or those mice that infest houses during a certain time of year."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

4 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, why did you try to eat ponies? They are just trying to be functioning members of society."

This was another one of his points.

"Trust me, I'm a step ahead of you in this one. Besides, spiders aren't even sapient. Neither are flies or those mice that infest houses during a certain time of year."

"Oh, there's several reasons." Ruby simply replied, Somnus didn't really have a point "Firstly, I'm carnivore, I need meat for to survive." "Other than that, they threatened me, attacked me, complained that I was trying to survive...." "I have told you all of this already." "But when it comes to spiders, they're not doing any of that to you, and how do you know they aren't sentient? because they don't talk your language?" "And don't get me wrong, I don't care about spiders, I barely acknowledge their existence, but you go around killing a creature without any reason."

47 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Oh, there's several reasons." Ruby simply replied, Somnus didn't really have a point "Firstly, I'm carnivore, I need meat for to survive." "Other than that, they threatened me, attacked me, complained that I was trying to survive...." "I have told you all of this already." "But when it comes to spiders, they're not doing any of that to you, and how do you know they aren't sentient? because they don't talk your language?" "And don't get me wrong, I don't care about spiders, I barely acknowledge their existence, but you go around killing a creature without any reason."

"And what of those really big spiders? Do you not fear them?"