Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

28 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't care what he is, I don't like him." Ruby half-muttered "Or anyone else that has bothered us in that matter, why suddenly nobody can leave us alone?" "Is there any other ponies who may appear from nowhere to annoy me that I should know about?"

"Well, you might wanna watch out for Lumen Obscurum, he's a dimension hopper and I think he might have a few screws loose. If anything goes wrong, he typically blames a random species of bird."

He took a quick moment of others he knew.

"I can't really think of anyone else at the moment."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, you might wanna watch out for Lumen Obscurum, he's a dimension hopper and I think he might have a few screws loose. If anything goes wrong, he typically blames a random species of bird."

He took a quick moment of others he knew.

"I can't really think of anyone else at the moment."

"What is with you and overly powerful ponies?" Ruby commented "And why hasn't princesses done anything to them considering they seem to be going around ruining days like Discord did in your books." "Or is it because he's closer to a dragon than pony?"

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"What is with you and overly powerful ponies?" Ruby commented "And why hasn't princesses done anything to them considering they seem to be going around ruining days like Discord did in your books." "Or is it because he's closer to a dragon than pony?"

"Lumen isn't very powerful and never did anything wrong. Lucid is very powerful and he's going to get more powerful so that he can stop some evil entity from destroying the multiverse...of was it the omniverse? I can never remember."

"Anyway, Lucid never did anything wrong either. He may a bit annoying sometimes, but he is definitely not evil."

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Lumen isn't very powerful and never did anything wrong. Lucid is very powerful and he's going to get more powerful so that he can stop some evil entity from destroying the multiverse...of was it the omniverse? I can never remember."

"Anyway, Lucid never did anything wrong either. He may a bit annoying sometimes, but he is definitely not evil."

"Why can't you remember that I don't give a damn about evil, since it doesn't exist to me." Ruby commented "And based on the meeting we just had, the pegasus is troublemaker, risking the lives of countless ponies for his own amusement." "So he has done something wrong." "Sure ultimately I don't care about what happens to most ponies, but I do care what would happen to me after a pony drives me to lose control and bring down ship-full of ponies"

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Why can't you remember that I don't give a damn about evil, since it doesn't exist to me." Ruby commented "And based on the meeting we just had, the pegasus is troublemaker, risking the lives of countless ponies for his own amusement." "So he has done something wrong." "Sure ultimately I don't care about what happens to most ponies, but I do care what would happen to me after a pony drives me to lose control and bring down ship-full of ponies"

"Lucid doesn't always think things through. While he is powerful, is can be overly confident, it has almost gotten him killed once when he tried messing with chaotic entities that are currently more powerful than he is. If it weren't for his clever tricks, he'd be dead."

"Sure, perhaps Twilight and her friends could possibly turn him into stone, but do you honestly think they'd do that to him? While he is a troublemaker, he doesn't have any bad intentions."

He decided to point out a hole in her logic.

"You're basically saying he should be dealt with because he caused a little trouble, so wouldn't that mean you believe that you should be dealt with since you've done things that one could consider to be way more serious than being slightly annoying?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

20 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Lucid doesn't always think things through. While he is powerful, is can be overly confident, it has almost gotten him killed once when he tried messing with chaotic entities that are currently more powerful than he is. If it weren't for his clever tricks, he'd be dead."

"Sure, perhaps Twilight and her friends could possibly turn him into stone, but do you honestly think they'd do that to him? While he is a troublemaker, he doesn't have any bad intentions."

He decided to point out a hole in her logic.

"You're basically saying he should be dealt with because he caused a little trouble, so wouldn't that mean you believe that you should be dealt with since you've done things that one could consider to be way more serious than being slightly annoying?"

"I didn't say he needs to be turned to stone, just that he should be looked in to."

"And I have been dealt with, I have been punished for what I did, and things after that has been in retaliation." Ruby argued "I stole things and harmed some ponies, and later I lost my treasure and my freedom to do what I want, I'm under constant observation." "Even though some of those I did only because they did something to me first, example being the guards attacking me because somepony saw me eating a rabbit." "I broke your leg sure, but not before you had fractured mine, but besides that worst I have done is threatening some ponies, after they have come to annoy me."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

54 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I didn't say he needs to be turned to stone, just that he should be looked in to."

"And I have been dealt with, I have been punished for what I did, and things after that has been in retaliation." Ruby argued "I stole things and harmed some ponies, and later I lost my treasure and my freedom to do what I want, I'm under constant observation." "Even though some of those I did only because they did something to me first, example being the guards attacking me because somepony saw me eating a rabbit." "I broke your leg sure, but not before you had fractured mine, but besides that worst I have done is threatening some ponies, after they have come to annoy me."

"You have it better than everyone else who've done the things you've done. You get free food and you get to lay around in treasure. Truth be told, you're living a better life than any dragon that has ever existed."

What he said was not meant to be against Ruby, he only stated his observations.

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You have it better than everyone else who've done the things you've done. You get free food and you get to lay around in treasure. Truth be told, you're living a better life than any dragon that has ever existed."

What he said was not meant to be against Ruby, he only stated his observations.

"You have clearly never met a dragon." Ruby stated "There's plenty of dragons with bigger treasures that they own." "And hunting for food is something we like to do, so it getting served to me, though making my life easier, takes away one form of entertainment from me." "Other dragons also don't need to worry about pony storming into their cave to complain about something meaningless without you being allowed to get rid of them."

(edited)
9 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You have clearly never met a dragon." Ruby stated "There's plenty of dragons with bigger treasures that they own." "And hunting for food is something we like to do, so it getting served to me, though making my life easier, takes away one form of entertainment from me." "Other dragons also don't need to worry about pony storming into their cave to complain about something meaningless without you being allowed to get rid of them."

"I've seen a few dragons, but I guess it makes sense that dragons would have more treasure and actually own it."

"I have a question. Couldn't you have easily just went to caves owned by Equestrian dragons and stolen from them since they are weaker?"

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I've seen a few dragons, but I guess it makes sense that dragons would have more treasure and actually own it."

"I have a question. Couldn't you have easily just went to caves owned by Equestrian dragons and stolen from them sense they are weaker?"

"I didn't know they existed before I came here." Ruby replied "And after that I never managed to find a their cave's outside dragon lands, and inside dragon lands there's the same problem as here, I'm greatly unnumbered."

12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I didn't know they existed before I came here." Ruby replied "And after that I never managed to find a their cave's outside dragon lands, and inside dragon lands there's the same problem as here, I'm greatly unnumbered."

"Yeah, I can see how there would be trouble. The dragonlands are recognized as an independent nation. Well, so is Yakyakistan, which is pretty much just a tiny village that isn't even the size a hoofball field."

Somnus started to get off track.

"Seriously, I can't believe they tried to declare war on us that one time. They don't even have magic. All we would have to do is send a few guards and Yakyakistan would've been ripped to shreds. Now that I think about it... why are we even recognizing such a tiny village as nation? At the very most, shouldn't they be considered a tribe?"

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Yeah, I can see how there would be trouble. The dragonlands are recognized as an independent nation. Well, so is Yakyakistan, which is pretty much just a tiny village that isn't even the size a hoofball field."

Somnus started to get off track.

"Seriously, I can't believe they tried to declare war on us that one time. They don't even have magic. All we would have to do is send a few guards and Yakyakistan would've been ripped to shreds. Now that I think about it... why are we even recognizing such a tiny village as nation? At the very most, shouldn't they be considered a tribe?"

"Based on what I have read, being a nation has nothing to do wit size." Ruby stated "Nation is area of any size with leadership, laws and economy" "If it was based on the size, our homelands would also be considered a nation, which they are not."

(edited)
1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Based on what I have read, being a nation has nothing to do wit size." Ruby stated "Nation is area of any size with leadership, laws and economy" "If it was based on the size, our homelands would also be considered a nation, which they are not."

"Okay, fair point I can see why it'd be considered a nation. Here's another question..."

Somnus started to go on a huge rant.

"...why in the world were those Yaks not detained when they went on a rampage around Ponyville just because something wasn't exactly how it was in their homeland? Back in the old days, we would absolutely demolish anyone who pulled such a stunt, but what do we now? We apparently throw parties for anyone who decide to throw a massive tantrum!"

"That's not even the dumbest thing I've seen these days! You know that village that was ruled over by that Starlight pony? Why in the deep dark planes of Tartarus were there no royal guards sent over to do something about it the moment the town was taken over by a dictator?"

"Someone wants to attack Equestria? Sending the guards to handle it would suffice, but no! They want to send Twilight to handle it. They literally put a princess along with five civilians in harms way to deal with dangerous threats, what kind of fool genuinely believes that something like that is even close to a good idea?"

"Prioritize the protection of Equestria and its many citizens? No! Instead we waste precious resources on some stupid parties!"

Somnus finished his rant and looked at Ruby.

"Do you get what I'm saying?"

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Okay, fair point I can see why it'd be considered a nation. Here's another question..."

Somnus started to go on a huge rant.

"...why in the world were those Yaks not detained when they went on a rampage around Ponyville just because something wasn't exactly how it was in their homeland? Back in the old days, we would absolutely demolish anyone who pulled such a stunt, but what do we now? We apparently throw parties for anyone who decide to throw a massive tantrum!"

"That's not even the dumbest thing I've seen these days! You know that village that was ruled over by that Starlight pony? Why in the deep dark planes of Tartarus were there no royal guards sent over to do something about it the moment the town was taken over by a dictator?"

"Someone wants to attack Equestria? Sending the guards to handle it would suffice, but no! They want to send Twilight to handle it. They literally put a princess along with five civilians in harms way to deal with dangerous threats, what kind of fool genuinely believes that something like that is even close to a good idea?"

"Prioritize the protection of Equestria and its many citizens? No! Instead we waste precious resources on some stupid parties!"

Somnus finished his rant and looked at Ruby.

"Do you get what I'm saying?"

"They act like that because they are not ponies." Ruby stated at Somnus's first question before continuing "And though I agree on the party part, I wouldn't say sending guards against powerful enemies would be bad idea." "Because while Twilight and bunch have magic-rainbow that takes care of everything, you guards are simply useless against anyone who isn't fazed by sharp metal."

26 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"They act like that because they are not ponies." Ruby stated at Somnus's first question before continuing "And though I agree on the party part, I wouldn't say sending guards against powerful enemies would be bad idea." "Because while Twilight and bunch have magic-rainbow that takes care of everything, you guards are simply useless against anyone who isn't fazed by sharp metal."

"The problem with sending Twilight to solve these problems is that she's a princess. It's just as stupid as sending Princess Celestia to solve everything. Seriously, because of the money wasted on parties, the guards are left unequipped to deal with magical threats that show up at least twice every three months. If Princess Celestia would start funding us properly, maybe enemies would find us threatening, but of course Princess Celestia wants to put what should be our job into hooves of mortals. You know, mortals that won't live forever. Once they pass on from old age or whatever, we are screwed unless we become properly equipped."

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"The problem with sending Twilight to solve these problems is that she's a princess. It's just as stupid as sending Princess Celestia to solve everything. Seriously, because of the money wasted on parties, the guards are left unequipped to deal with magical threats that show up at least twice every three months. If Princess Celestia would start funding us properly, maybe enemies would find us threatening, but of course Princess Celestia wants to put what should be our job into hooves of mortals. You know, mortals that won't live forever. Once they pass on from old age or whatever, we are screwed unless we become properly equipped."

"I don't want to even pretend that I care, but don't leave your own princess without responsibility, she is just as much making those decisions as the sun pony" Ruby replied "In fact, you being in the night guard, she's solely responsible on your things." "Besides, guards are just as much mortal, you have to remember that you are exception, not the rule." "And I even dare to say that old guard is more useless than old literal element of magic." "And you can just find new elements, it's no different from training new guards." "And don't get me wrong, I don't necessary agree with the thing, but I can see the logic behind it."

17 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't want to even pretend that I care, but don't leave your own princess without responsibility, she is just as much making those decisions as the sun pony" Ruby replied "In fact, you being in the night guard, she's solely responsible on your things." "Besides, guards are just as much mortal, you have to remember that you are exception, not the rule." "And I even dare to say that old guard is more useless than old literal element of magic." "And you can just find new elements, it's no different from training new guards." "And don't get me wrong, I don't necessary agree with the thing, but I can see the logic behind it."

"The Elements of Harmony are not compatible with just any normal pony. What if there is no one compatible during a certain time? Putting faith in the Elements of Harmony is very dangerous. Even if we do find more compatible ponies, the Elements cannot be away from the tree for an extended period of time. They may work for now, but will screw us over in the long run."

"I will also say that Luna is does play a part in this. While they do have good intentions, they do not fully understand the threat that is right in front of them."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"The Elements of Harmony are not compatible with just any normal pony. What if there is no one compatible during a certain time? Putting faith in the Elements of Harmony is very dangerous. Even if we do find more compatible ponies, the Elements cannot be away from the tree for an extended period of time. They may work for now, but will screw us over in the long run."

"I will also say that Luna is does play a part in this. While they do have good intentions, they do not fully understand the threat that is right in front of them."

"If there's no suitable ponies, princesses will use them themselves like they did before." Ruby pointed out "Sure that works only temporarily, but 1000 years is plenty of time to find more suitable ponies." "And when it comes to creatures like Discord, that's the only way to deal with him, you can't simply kill a spirit."

"If there's no suitable ponies, princesses will use them themselves like they did before." Ruby pointed out "Sure that works only temporarily, but 1000 years is plenty of time to find more suitable ponies." "And when it comes to creatures like Discord, that's the only way to deal with him, you can't simply kill a spirit."

"Maybe we should start recruiting more dragons. Maybe something like that will be useful against certain threats."

"I'm pretty sure you would've been useful against the Storm King if you were here during that time."

5 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Maybe we should start recruiting more dragons. Maybe something like that will be useful against certain threats."

"I'm pretty sure you would've been useful against the Storm King if you were here during that time."

"That's gonna be pricey decision." Ruby commented almost humorously "Sure I would have been useful back then, but I assure you, if you tried to recruit bunch of dragons to you troops, that would bring more problems than solutions, especially if we are talking about my kind."

(edited)
3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's gonna be pricey decision." Ruby commented almost humorously "Sure I would have been useful back then, but I assure you, if you tried to recruit bunch of dragons to you troops, that would bring more problems than solutions, especially if we are talking about my kind."

"Eh, not enough dragons are Equestrian citizens at the moment. Maybe there should be some sort of defense pact between Equestria and the Dragon Lands."

"Speaking of being a citizen, how was that Rockhoof guy part of the hippogriff navy for five minutes? First, he clearly did not go through ANY sort basic training and he isn't even a citizen within that nation. I get that Equestrian guards aren't equipped, but at least most of us are trained. Except you maybe. I'm not sure if they trained you or not... or if there is any practical way to train a dragon without being a dragon."

8 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Eh, not enough dragons are Equestrian citizens at the moment. Maybe there should be some sort of defense pact between Equestria and the Dragon Lands."

"Speaking of being a citizen, how was that Rockhoof guy part of the hippogriff navy for five minutes? First, he clearly did not go through ANY sort basic training and he isn't even a citizen within that nation. I get that Equestrian guards aren't equipped, but at least most of us are trained. Except you maybe. I'm not sure if they trained you or not... or if there is any practical way to train a dragon without being a dragon."

"I don't know who that is so no comment from my part." Ruby said "And no, I haven't been trained." "There's no point on wasting time on training me in this form, and there's nothing you could train me at in my real form."

"I don't know who that is so no comment from my part." Ruby said "And no, I haven't been trained." "There's no point on wasting time on training me in this form, and there's nothing you could train me at in my real form."

"He's some important guy from history, just like Star Swirl the Bearded. And before you ask, no I've never met the guy. I doubt that I was even born during his time, he was the one who taught Celestia and Luna when they were young. Rockhoof was some guy who decided to dig something once or something."

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"He's some important guy from history, just like Star Swirl the Bearded. And before you ask, no I've never met the guy. I doubt that I was even born during his time, he was the one who taught Celestia and Luna when they were young. Rockhoof was some guy who decided to dig something once or something."

"Those parts of history are something outside my knowledge, I never bothered to study more than I had to, because I simply don't care about history." Ruby simply stated "Sure we have our legends but they are mostly to prove point instead of actually preserving history."

22 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Those parts of history are something outside my knowledge, I never bothered to study more than I had to, because I simply don't care about history." Ruby simply stated "Sure we have our legends but they are mostly to prove point instead of actually preserving history."

"History is important. If we forget it, then the bad parts will be repeated. It's how we learn from mistakes that society has made in the past."

"You tend to understand this when you live through history."