Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

17 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"History is important. If we forget it, then the bad parts will be repeated. It's how we learn from mistakes that society has made in the past."

"You tend to understand this when you live through history."

"That's not something I need to worry about." Ruby claimed "We get most of that from our nature and our mothers teach us the basics of what to do and what not to do before throwing us out." "Everything else is experience."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"That's not something I need to worry about." Ruby claimed "We get most of that from our nature and our mothers teach us the basics of what to do and what not to do before throwing us out." "Everything else is experience."

"Things are a lot different when it comes to society. Experience is important, yes, but we also have to learn from the experiences of others."

"That's just how it works."

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Things are a lot different when it comes to society. Experience is important, yes, but we also have to learn from the experiences of others."

"That's just how it works."

"So you create heroes and legends." Ruby pointed out "For something warning you from past mistakes there's not that many mistakes from your part." "Until not killing someone is a mistake, in which case you haven't really done that good of a job in learning"

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"So you create heroes and legends." Ruby pointed out "For something warning you from past mistakes there's not that many mistakes from your part." "Until not killing someone is a mistake, in which case you haven't really done that good of a job in learning"

"That's the one mistake we may never learn from."

He couldn't think of anything else on that topic.

"Ever had a dream about something that you ate beating you with a stick? I had a dream that a carrot beat me with a stick for eating it."

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That's the one mistake we may never learn from."

He couldn't think of anything else on that topic.

"Ever had a dream about something that you ate beating you with a stick? I had a dream that a carrot beat me with a stick for eating it."

"Not really." Ruby simply replied "I mostly dream of hunting, flying, and treasure." "And I don't need to dream about my food beating me with a stick because it has actually happened, like I have told."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Not really." Ruby simply replied "I mostly dream of hunting, flying, and treasure." "And I don't need to dream about my food beating me with a stick because it has actually happened, like I have told."

"Yeah, but what about food you've already eaten? You wouldn't be scared if it came back?"

"This reminds me of a time when some elderly pony beat with a stick because he thought I stole his teeth or something."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

23 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Yeah, but what about food you've already eaten? You wouldn't be scared if it came back?"

"This reminds me of a time when some elderly pony beat with a stick because he thought I stole his teeth or something."

"Nope, I don't fear prey, even if it rose from the dead." "This reminds me of earlier conversation we have had, I think I'm having a Déjà vu" Ruby looked thoughtful "Not that it necessary surprises me, after all, when I think about it, our topics tend to repeat or otherwise tackle the same things."

30 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Nope, I don't fear prey, even if it rose from the dead." "This reminds me of earlier conversation we have had, I think I'm having a Déjà vu" Ruby looked thoughtful "Not that it necessary surprises me, after all, when I think about it, our topics tend to repeat or otherwise tackle the same things."

"It's possible we've spoke of this before. There have been many instances where I've been beaten with a stick or cane."

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It's possible we've spoke of this before. There have been many instances where I've been beaten with a stick or cane."

"Maybe you should avoid ponies with sticks or canes." Ruby stated "Until you enjoy getting hit with those, which really wouldn't surprise me." "Why do ponies even use canes? They don't seem to have any actual use with four legs."

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Maybe you should avoid ponies with sticks or canes." Ruby stated "Until you enjoy getting hit with those, which really wouldn't surprise me." "Why do ponies even use canes? They don't seem to have any actual use with four legs."

"Trust me, getting hit with a cane is not as fun as it looks."

"As for why canes are used, I have no idea. I just assumed that elderly ponies like canes."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Trust me, getting hit with a cane is not as fun as it looks."

"As for why canes are used, I have no idea. I just assumed that elderly ponies like canes."

"There is weirder things ponies like, so I guess that could be the reason." Ruby agreed "But I don't see the appeal, and I guess you don't either, even though you could be called elderly based on your age."

(edited)
1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"There is weirder things ponies like, so I guess that could be the reason." Ruby agreed "But I don't see the appeal, and I guess you don't either, even though you could be called elderly based on your age."

"I look and feel young though. I'll basically be at my prime forever since that's when the aging process just simply stopped for me."

"The way I see it, elderly is relative to life expectency. A dog that has lived 10 years is elderly while a pony who has lived 10 years is a just a foal. Since my life expectency is infinite, I cannot be elderly."

16 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I look and feel young though. I'll basically be at my prime forever since that's when the aging process just simply stopped for me."

"The way I see it, elderly is relative to life expectency. A dog that has lived 10 years is elderly while a pony who has lived 10 years is a just a foal. Since my life expectency is infinite, I cannot be elderly."

"I would use the age for my advantage if I were you." Ruby stated, "As a dragon I don't get any of the benefits older ponies would get, since normal pony lifetime is just a heartbeat to me, but you being a pony, you could try to get them."

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I would use the age for my advantage if I were you." Ruby stated, "As a dragon I don't get any of the benefits older ponies would get, since normal pony lifetime is just a heartbeat to me, but you being a pony, you could try to get them."

"I guess I could if I really wanted to, but I already get military discounts, which should apply to you since you are a guard."

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I guess I could if I really wanted to, but I already get military discounts, which should apply to you since you are a guard."

"I never buy anything so I don't do much with discount." Ruby pointed out "Not to mention I don't have what to buy things with since I only have some coins for emergency." "And i'm not even sure if I'm officially recognized as a guard."

4 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I never buy anything so I don't do much with discount." Ruby pointed out "Not to mention I don't have what to buy things with since I only have some coins for emergency." "And i'm not even sure if I'm officially recognized as a guard."

"Well, I guess that's possible since I've never seen you in any sort of armor. Most guards are required to wear armor and carry a weapon while on duty."

Before he could say anything else, Somnus noticed Fluffball moving.

"Hey, stop that! Don't even try to bite Ruby, it's very impolite."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, I guess that's possible since I've never seen you in any sort of armor. Most guards are required to wear armor and carry a weapon while on duty."

Before he could say anything else, Somnus noticed Fluffball moving.

"Hey, stop that! Don't even try to bite Ruby, it's very impolite."

Ruby just looked at the hamster and Somnus's reaction, there was nothing new about it, so she didn't see a reason to say anything, and she wasn't worried about a hamster biting her, even in pony form. She kept her eyes on the hamster as she spoke "Armor would make it slower to transform, since I would need to take it off to avoid breaking it, and I have no training with weapons so that would be waste of material too."

10 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just looked at the hamster and Somnus's reaction, there was nothing new about it, so she didn't see a reason to say anything, and she wasn't worried about a hamster biting her, even in pony form. She kept her eyes on the hamster as she spoke "Armor would make it slower to transform, since I would need to take it off to avoid breaking it, and I have no training with weapons so that would be waste of material too."

"I can see how that would complicate things. Being a dragon gives you more of an advantage without armor since your scales provide better protection. Plus claws, teeth, and fire leave you with no need for a weapon."

The batpony decided to question something.

"If you may not be an official guard, the. why is the captain so crazy about making you show her so much respect? Actually... it would explain why she can't kick you out. That or Celestia thinks you're too useful."

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I can see how that would complicate things. Being a dragon gives you more of an advantage without armor since your scales provide better protection. Plus claws, teeth, and fire leave you with no need for a weapon."

The batpony decided to question something.

"If you may not be an official guard, the. why is the captain so crazy about making you show her so much respect? Actually... it would explain why she can't kick you out. That or Celestia thinks you're too useful."

"The reason she can't kick me out is because technically I work directly to Celestia, which means that thought I'm obligated to take orders from the captain inside certain limits, anything outside those limits has to come from Celestia herself." "She probably made it so because she knew I wouldn't make too many friends." "And when it comes to the Captain's obsession with respect, it's probably because though I'm not officially a guard, I am still part of the Dayguard."

(edited)
4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"The reason she can't kick me out is because technically I work directly to Celestia, which means that thought I'm obligated to take orders from the captain inside certain limits, anything outside those limits has to come from Celestia herself." "She probably made it so because she knew I wouldn't make too many friends." "And when it comes to the Captain's obsession with respect, it's probably because though I'm not officially a guard, I am still part of the Dayguard."

"Have you ever almost gotten kicked out? It wouldn't surprise me since Princess Luna seems to have almost as much of a problem with you as the captain does."

12 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Have you ever almost gotten kicked out? It wouldn't surprise me since Princess Luna seems to have almost as much of a problem with you as the captain does."

"Not that I know of." Ruby shrugged "But I'm sure it has passed Celestia's mind since especially in the start, if the complaint amount had been shown as pile of paper, it would have filled the whole throne room, I wasn't too popular back then." she grinned humorously "But I can admit it was partly my own fault back then, it took some time for me to start tolerating ponies."

24 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Not that I know of." Ruby shrugged "But I'm sure it has passed Celestia's mind since especially in the start, if the complaint amount had been shown as pile of paper, it would have filled the whole throne room, I wasn't too popular back then." she grinned humorously "But I can admit it was partly my own fault back then, it took some time for me to start tolerating ponies."

"I wouldn't be popular either if I were to eat a bunch of guards. Then again, I'd still be the coolest pony ever."

6 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I wouldn't be popular either if I were to eat a bunch of guards. Then again, I'd still be the coolest pony ever."

"Most of the ponies who didn't like me didn't know that." Ruby said "They do know most likely, but back then Celestia did her best to stop it from spreading...for obvious reasons." "They just didn't like my word choices, I was actually lot more open about my distaste towards ponies that I am nowadays." "If you can believe it."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Most of the ponies who didn't like me didn't know that." Ruby said "They do know most likely, but back then Celestia did her best to stop it from spreading...for obvious reasons." "They just didn't like my word choices, I was actually lot more open about my distaste towards ponies that I am nowadays." "If you can believe it."

"What were you even doing right before you were attacked by guards?"

Maybe he could find out why they fear her so much.

22 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"What were you even doing right before you were attacked by guards?"

Maybe he could find out why they fear her so much.

"At that point I was just standing around in my real form prepared for their arrival, I didn't do anything else than stare at them and warn them with a growls and such before they attacked." Ruby explained "But like I have told before, the reason they came to me because someone had seen me eating a rabbit and ran to them."