Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby just blinked and looked at the guard with deadpan expression before stating "What waste of food...." and putting her hooves on the box ready to open it "...to have a pet hamster." she then opened the box, it was hard to see exactly what was inside from Somnus' position, but if he was to rise a bit, he would be able see small chunks of raw meat, "And to answer your question, nothing."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby again just blinked, looking at the guard with a expression that said 'seriously?'
"Having a pet hamster is waste of food, they are small but tasty, like candy." after she said it, Ruby took the fork and ate some of her meat, swallowing the chunks whole, staring at the guard with expressionless face.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hamsters are the best things ever. They eat weird cereal things and run on a wheel. Why would you wanna eat them?"

Just as he said that, a hamster came rolling over to him in a plastic ball. Somnus quickly picked him up.

"Fluffball? How'd you get here?"

He looked over at the disguised dragon.

"You better not try to eat my hamster."

@Catpone Cerberus

Somnus took the hamster out of the plastic ball and fed him a peanut, which the hamster quickly ate. He then looked at Ruby and back at Somnus.

"What's that, Fluffball? You find her annoying and want to bite her? Well, I would let you if I didn't think she'd bite you right back."

He looked over at Ruby.

"He says he doesn't like you."

@Catpone Cerberus

Fluffball stared at Ruby like the hamster he is. He attempted to run at the dragon, but he couldn't get out of Somnus' hooves, which was probably a good thing for the hamster.

"Fluffball, no. You're not allowed to bite her. She'll eat you."

Fluffball stared up a Somnus.

"What do you mean you'll eat her first? She's a dragon!"

Somnus looked over at Ruby.

"He says he wants to eat you."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"He's brave I give him that" Ruby said sounding almost amused "Stupid but brave, I can respect that." she was quiet for moment as she ate more, she then suddenly looked at the hamster with her eyes now looking like those of an reptile and roared at him, she wanted to see if the little furball was as brave as it acted.

@Catpone Cerberus

Somnus took a sip of his drink when Fluffball suddenly got really angry. The tiny little hamster saw that roar as challange. Fluffball ran at Ruby, but the bat pony quickly grabbed Fluffball just before he could bite the dragon.

"Hey! I said no biting!"

Fluffball gave Somnus a blank look.

"Yes, I'm completely aware that she made you mad by roaring at you, but you should know better!"

The hamster continued to stare.

"Yes, you can have a peanut."

Somnus fed his hamster another peanut.

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

Fluffball allowed the dragon to pet him, but was ready to bite if she made him angry. At the same time, Somnus kept a close eye on the two just to make sure Ruby didn't try to eat his pet. As for being bested by a hamster, he couldn't find a reason to really care.

"Weird, I was expecting you to try and eat him, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If things went differently and you tried to eat him... you'd get obliterated by every guard in the castle. You don't want to know what happened to the last guy who messed with him."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I still will if he comes to the treasury unattended." Ruby replied as she continued eating "I just happen to have food already so I don't need to eat him right now." her tone had returned to nonchalant "And how many times I have to remind you I'm not scared of you ponies."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, you really should be. You may be stronger than I am, but are fast enough to catch me? Are you smart enough? Perhaps experienced enough? I have my doubts. Your brute strength will not win all your fights. You're not afraid of me, but I do not fear you either."

1,480 years of being a guard made him a force to be reckoned with. Even with this, he did not underestimate Ruby. Being aware of who he is dealing with was always something that helped Somnus.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I'm faster than you think and several times more intelligent that you would even dream." Ruby claimed "But none of that matters, what would I be scared of about you?" "I don't fear death, injury or pain, so even if I know that I would get outnumbered eventually, I have nothing to fear, nothing to lose."

@Catpone Cerberus

What she really not afraid? If so, Somnus found this rather foolish. How could she not be afraid of losing everything?

"You do have something to lose though. That treasure. You don't act up because you are afraid of losing the only thing you have. You that with a single word from Celestia, you can lose that treasure. You'd put up a fight, but you'd lose that treasure and your life. So either you are hiding your fear or you are too foolish to see the circumstances for what they are."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Fear is a bit of a strong word." Ruby stated "I don't fear that I lose the treasure, I don't fear that I get banished." "All of those are just, unfortunate events I rather avoid if possible." she shrugged "I don't know if I'm just incapable of fear as you define it, or if I just haven't found anything to fear." "Sure I have the survival instincts and will to live, but like your hamster here, I don't fear death, I just prefer not dying." she looked at the guard rather coldly "That's why I don't attack you even if you have given plenty of reason to, I don't fear that I lose, I just don't think it's worth it." "Like you wouldn't balance on a plank over a hole if there's bridge next to it, you don't have to be scared of falling to choose the bridge, it's just common sense."

@Catpone Cerberus

The dragon seemed pretty serious, but the bat pony still had to prove a point. The idea he had though... it was pretty risky.

"Alright, you wanna act all big and bad? When we are done here, we'll head to the training yard and we'll fight. Just keep in mind, this is NOT a fight to the death."

Somnus swallowed the hayburger whole and ate the bag of marshmallows... including the bag for some weird reason, probably because he couldn't open it.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"How about injuring?" Ruby asked "I'm asking because no killing rule already takes out two of my weapons, my teeth and flames, and no injury rule also would stop me using my claws and such, which is six weapons more." "And not only that, I may accidentally broke some of your bones if I put too much strength behind by swings." she finished her eating and put the now empty meat-box back to her saddlebag "In another word, can I actually fight or do I just need to flail around my limbs hoping I don't break any of your bones?"

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"You can use your fire, my armor has a spell on it. While the fire may not kill me, I can still be injured, but I'll allow injuring so that you can use everything you have. As for me, I'll take the head off my spear so that I can inflict damage without accidently killing you." 

Somnus immedietly took the head off his spear and placed it in a bag. His enchanted spear was now an enchanted staff. Was he risking a lot by doing this? Yes. Was it going to be worth it? Totally.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"In that case I'm in, it's been a while since I last did anything exciting, I actually hope that you will get something done with that magical stick of yours." Ruby said looking almost excited "And don't hold back, if you end up being so great as you claim to be, I don't care how much you injure me, as long as you don't try to blind me or something else of the same caliber."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"You keep him out of the way and there shouldn't be any problems." Ruby challenged as she got up, she wasn't going to care if something that tiny accidentally ended up under her leg or something, she probably wouldn't even notice. She followed the guard not being sure where exactly the training yard was, since she had never been there. "If you think I'll be checking around constantly that the hamster doesn't run in and accidentally get hit, you're wrong, I won't, that would be a disadvantage."